It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Off Topic Offshoot  (Read 12705 times)

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Off Topic Offshoot
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2021, 11:07:31 PM »
what gets us older gasbags in the door is financial advantage
I'm not sure I'm universally convinced but for the moment, I'll join this side of the debate.

Why then, if living standards are similar to the West and FSUW are living Western equivalent lifestyles as some are arguing, is there any remaining market and although diminished, there is no doubt, it's still there?

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2021, 12:27:39 AM »
I'm not sure I'm universally convinced but for the moment, I'll join this side of the debate.

Why then, if living standards are similar to the West and FSUW are living Western equivalent lifestyles as some are arguing, is there any remaining market and although diminished, there is no doubt, it's still there?

THe market has dried u, also people struggle, and think going to the West will make it better. Thirdly money is more important in FSU. You can convince yourself it is financial comfort, or your viewpoints on politics that is attracting these women, but goes to the original statemnt which nobody has yet answered.

Why can the magic work only in countries with low incomes? Why out of the 'International Monetary Fund (IMF) identifies 39 "advanced economies". The OECD's 37 members are known as the "developed countries club". The World Bank identifies 81 "high income countries"', women are not lining up on these sites?

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2021, 12:29:45 AM »
OK, now you are right on . . . mainly because you are saying the same as I have said here many times before.

Western men can trade up in FSU because of economic advantage.

There can be a gal in USA who meets all your criteria . . . but who will not consider you.

You can go to FSU and find her exact twin who will spend time with you and probably marry you.

But never deny there exists the same fine woman in the west.

Hardest pill for people to swallow, even grown men on their death beds will delude themselves to save ego

Offline I/O

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2021, 03:05:08 AM »
"high income countries"', women are not lining up on these sites?
Hmm, perhaps a glance at websites catering to USA, UK, AU, NZ and various European ladies might be worthwhile. I don't recall Tinder having its origins in Russia...🤔

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2021, 05:55:10 AM »

0f course my earlier post isn't 100% universal, which is I used the term "Much of". 

In Colombia, the living standards are not at all what we can enjoy here in good old California.  If you have a certain level of wealth in Colombia, then perhaps the lifestyle can be even better than here though.... A very small percentage of the population has that kind of wealth though.   I won't speak for Ukraine or Russia, but perhaps that is the case there too. 
Overall, when you see a 50 something walking arm in arm with a 30 year old beauty queen, most of the time it isn't because he is worldly, distinguished, or a great conversationalist (Although he may be all of those things), it is  because of his financial prowess relatively speaking.  All that said, it can grow into something special and when it does the man has done very well for himself and going for a lady abroad is seen as a wise choice.

In the case of Japtats, my impression is he is young, works out, and covered in tattoos so his situation is much different than most of us greying, balding, slumped over gasbags from a different era. 

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 06:27:45 AM by fathertime »
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2021, 07:01:16 AM »
  Of course the way it lasts after the early phase is other attributes, . . .

Yes, that's the key.  True affection and love can develop.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline I/O

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2021, 10:35:44 AM »
In Colombia, the living standards are not at all what we can enjoy here in good old California.  If you have a certain level of wealth in Colombia, then perhaps the lifestyle can be even better than here though.... A very small percentage of the population has that kind of wealth though.   I won't speak for Ukraine or Russia, but perhaps that is the case there too. 
Overall, when you see a 50 something walking arm in arm with a 30 year old beauty queen, most of the time it isn't because he is worldly, distinguished, or a great conversationalist (Although he may be all of those things), it is  because of his financial prowess relatively speaking.  All that said, it can grow into something special and when it does the man has done very well for himself and going for a lady abroad is seen as a wise choice
That's a pretty good assessment of things although things have improved a fair amount in Russia and some other FSU locations.

That said, and it was my point very early on, given the political systems in Russia and especially some other FSU states, economics, living standards and freedoms were not, are not and never will be on par with the West.

My Ol' lady and I have this debate more than occasionally and regardless of how much emotion she pours in, at the end of the day, even she concedes it is very different for many.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2021, 10:50:56 AM »
Hmm, perhaps a glance at websites catering to USA, UK, AU, NZ and various European ladies might be worthwhile. I don't recall Tinder having its origins in Russia...🤔

Tinder is finding someone nearby , not purposefully looking for people half way across the world

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Off Topic Offshoot
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
Many like to pretend to be studs, but the reality is much of the foreign bride scene is based on financial advantage.  Although my woman is from South America, the same applies there of course.   I've been with her for over 12 years and it is extremely unusual because she is a stunning goddess and I'm a wreck.  I realize this wasn't likely to happen unless finances were brought to the table EARLY ON.  Of course the way it lasts after the early phase is other attributes, but what gets us older gasbags in the door is financial advantage. 

Fathertime!

There are TWO factors in the FSU.

1. Financial: This includes income, security, safety, better
prospects for starting a business etc. 

2. Supply and demand: A 40 year old woman in the FSU has
virtually no prospects for marriage. If she has kids she has even
poorer expectations for marriage. The supply and demand factor
doesn't exist for younger women with no kids.

The first factor is true in all cases, the second factor is only true
with older women.

Women 35 years old and older is the sweet spot, because both
factors apply.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2021, 12:04:04 PM »
Re men’s financial advantage, I agree in some cases and maybe a lot of cases when it comes to younger women,  but the posts below could be anyone of 20 or so 40+ women i’ve met online and in real life. Life isn’t so hard for many now financially. There are some very motivated women who are determined to be successful financially after divorcing. They are just looking for a good man and will move to another country to and even a less secure financial situation for love and companionship.

There are lots of successful women with a great level of income, assets etc... and a quality of life compared to us in the west. I met one woman with a string of hairdressing / beauty salons making 6 figures US, who was willing to sell up for the right man.

On the other end of the scale, i’ve met women who have struggled financially after divorce and are living at home with her parents and kids in a small apartment on below minimum wage.

It’s no different than dating anywhere else in the world. I found the same at home... financially secure women and then those living in a granny flat at their parents house who were looking for a man with a good income and a big house to move into with her kids.... I dumped her after two weeks.

I see my biggest advantage in the demographic i’m searching in is women don’t have a fraction of quality local men to chose from compared with a younger woman who’s never been divorced. Lots were dumped for younger women.

If you’re ur worried about a woman marrying you for your financial situation and not love, then don’t marry a woman who in a lower financial situation. You could go online today and meet women who aren’t, they’re not rare by any means. It was the first thing that surprised me when I was first online.

Не могу ответить от имени всех женщин. Которые ищут своего мужчину в других странах. Могу сказать только про себя. Мой уровень жизни выше в России ,в Москве, чем у моего друга в маленькой деревне в Германии. У меня два высших образования, а у него только среднее-профессиональное образование. У меня есть недвижимая собственность в Москве, а мой друг снимает жильё. У меня один ребёнок от первого брака. У моего друга два маленьких ребёнка от первого брака. Я сделаю свой уровень жизни хуже- при переезде в другую страну. Не смогу работать по специальности сразу. У меня не будет дома в собственности. И у меня прибавится ответственности. Был один маленький ребёнок в жизни, станет три маленьких ребёнка в жизни.
Но это все не стоит на первом месте для меня. Я искала своего человека, своего мужчину. И он мне встретился. Я была одна со всеми своими достижениями и благами, а сейчас мы вместе. Мы вместе- это стоит на первом месте. Не одна я ищу своего мужчину. Много женщин из России и прочих славянских стран ищут своего мужчину, своего настоящего друга в жизни.

——————————————

Анастасия, согласна на все сто процентов! Многие мои знакомые даже не рассматривают брак с иностранцами по причине того, что их уровень жизни значительно ухудшится. Здесь хорошее образование, престижная работа, недвижимость в собственности. А что там - не всегда понятно. Подруга, например, совершенно не хочет уходить с огромной по российской меркам зарплаты в домохозяйки. Престиж же и в самореализации тоже. И это еще мы не затрагиваем детей мужчины, которых, чаще всего, не один. а два-четыре. И я, обычно, не соглашаюсь с мнениями мужчин. что женщинами при переезде движет меркантильная составляющая. Альтруизм тоже присутствует. Да еще какой! Оставляем работу и бизнес бросаем, и недвижимость передаем в чужие руки. и теряем дружеские и родственные связи. Да таким женщинам надо памятники при жизни ставить за наши силу, веру в будущее и стремление!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:51:44 PM by Davo »

Offline GenMish

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2021, 03:17:39 PM »
The way I am reading the last posts, there is a discussion between

Financial vs love and companionship

In my case, let me add a third., goals and lifestyle. we both wanted a family and a US suburban lifestyle. I know 'soccer moms' is looked down term, but many women want this. Soccer on Monday, swimming lessons on Tuesday, Piano on Wed, Dance and Ballet on Thursday, all in a fancy SUV. Soccer mom lifestyle would be TWICE the price in Russia if available at all. So much for the money stuff.

My gaffe, we moved up to Country club lifestyle, and she hated being a golf widow. If she loved me, she wouldnt have kicked me to the curb. So much for the love stuff.  IMO its common goals for lifestyle. And I will repeat, US men cant compete if they want a city lifestyle, 95% of our cities cant compete. I would rather live in Moscow or St Petersburg than almost all US cities

Offline Davo

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2021, 03:40:06 PM »
The way I am reading the last posts, there is a discussion between

Financial vs love and companionship

Pretty much.... It was a discussion with women from late 30’s to late 50’s on that subject and stereotypes. There was a really good reply about finding a man who’s in your league.... looks, interests, financially etc... too. I’ll see if I can find it.

Here’s another couple of posts from an older woman’s point of view.

Да я не про вас даже, Анастасия. Да и не первое это обсуждение. Тема "меркантильность VS бескорыстность" поднимается регулярно, часто, и всегда вызывает бурный отклик. Потому что хотя вроде бы конкретных обвинений никто никому не выдвигает, но в глубине души каждой, кто относится к "славянкам" неприятно, что ее могут заподозрить в наличии каких-то иных мотивов, кроме как "поиски настоящей любви".
Пора бы нам избавиться от негативного отношения к обсуждаемому вопросу. Ничего плохого нет в том, чтобы подходить к вопросу брака практично (мне слово практичность нравится больше, чем меркантильность). Рыба ищет, где глубже, а человек, где лучше. Совершенно ествественно и в человеческой природе - стремиться к более комфортной, стабильной жизни. А комфорт и стабильность это гораздо большее, чем просто деньги, как нам пытается преподнести Татьяна из Слупска.

——————————-

Мне кажется, Татьяна зесь на форуме, в открытой теме пытается сломать стереотип " меркантильной русской женщины" Что многие участницы и показали, что женщина , в большинстве случаев уезжает в страну мужчины не из меркантильных целей. Не жертвуя не чем. А уж кто хочет слышать, что русские, славянские женщины меркантильные, то он и будет именно таких и находить.Еще и рассказывать всем и составлять " мнение" И множество примеров о гармонии в отношениях, такому человеку бесполезно рассказывать. Вижу , в реальной жизни у нас две пары, когда муж иностранец, живут в Питере. 1 я пара молодая. Муж итальянец, большую часть времени проводит дома. Он постоянно со своими маленькими детьми. Забирает их из садика, гуляет с ними. По доброму смешно смотреть , как он берет своих троих детишек и идет с ними гулять. Жена большую часть времени проводит,видимо на работе. Все вместе гуляют вечером. Язык не повернется назвать этого парня " альфонсом" ,хотя он вроде как попадает под это определение. В паре гармония,и это главное. И мне кажется, им на мнение окружающих плевать. Вторая пара- мужчина иностранец, европеец, женщина русская. Пара уже в возрасте он и она, на пенсии. Понятно, что женщина не хотела здесь все бросать и мужчина переехал к ней. Очень милая пара. Он всегда к своей женщине с таким уважением относится, с такой нежностью. Постоянно их вижу, как они каждое утро сидят в кафе и разговаривают на английском. Им интересно вместе и это видно. Кто бы , что не говорил. Когда люди живут в гармонии друг с другом, все эти " мнения большинства" вообще не имеют никакого смысла. И почему в этой теме захотелось написать стих Автор Ирина Самарина " Есть люди "закаты и "люди-«рассветы»

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2021, 04:14:49 PM »
If you’re ur worried about a woman marrying you for your financial situation and not love, then don’t marry a woman who in a lower financial situation. You could go online today and meet women who aren’t, they’re not rare by any means. It was the first thing that surprised me when I was first online.

You still know nothing about FSUW manipulation, many women i communicated tell me how well they have it, what their parents have . Heck i think a month ago i dumped a girl, she told me her father has a big business, brother is in texas as an IT manager, she dressed in expensive clothing, she was a high class girl. But also a Gold digger to a certain extent, I could tell, i dumped her after our first hook up, hence why she went ballistic to flex to me. Many women i came across said such thing, but it is no real shock, well off people, like more money. Not rocket science, but you like being fooled by women, and taking what they say too literally.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 04:23:57 PM by japtats »

Offline Davo

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2021, 05:04:17 PM »
You still know nothing about FSUW manipulation, many women i communicated tell me how well they have it, what their parents have . Heck i think a month ago i dumped a girl, she told me her father has a big business, brother is in texas as an IT manager, she dressed in expensive clothing, she was a high class girl. But also a Gold digger to a certain extent, I could tell, i dumped her after our first hook up, hence why she went ballistic to flex to me. Many women i came across said such thing, but it is no real shock, well off people, like more money. Not rocket science, but you like being fooled by women, and taking what they say too literally.

Believe me I have far more experience being married to and dating manipulative women. After my divorce i’ve had a one strike and I walk policy.

I’ve met enough guys here married to FSU women and two of my close friends to see there are good women out there. There’s multiple men successfully married and divorced  men here who have an intimate knowledge of my relationship and infinitely more experience than you with FSU women. Apart from a few communication issues a while back, no one sees any red flags. She doesn’t have a manipulative bone in her body and has a kind selfless soul. You only need to see how active she is in her community supporting the less fortunate, her relationship with her parents and children and the admiration her friends and colleagues have for her to see this.

You’re in a country and a city with a notorious industry where young women taking advantage of western men like you.... You worry about yourself and i’ll take care of my situation. If I want advice it’s not going to be from a guy with less relationship experience than me. I’ll get my advice from men who are or have been in a relationship with women a generation before you have experience with. You have absolutely nothing to offer me.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 05:58:17 PM by Davo »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2021, 05:54:44 PM »
You worry about yourself and i’ll take care of my situation. If I want advice it’s not going to be from a guy with less relationship experience than me. I’ll get my advice from men who are or have been in a relationship with women a generation before you have experience with. You have absolutely nothing to offer me.
Davo why are you holding back ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2021, 06:05:06 PM »
Davo why are you holding back ?

Lol, You know me. It takes 6 months hearing how a guys sleeping his way through the young women of Ukraine, before I tell him [deleted by Admin].... At least he’s a tad under 40 and not an old codger like my last mate.

Or I could just say what everyone is thinking.... We have this problem with our citizens in financially challenged south East Asia, we call them sex tourists and are despised in our community. Typically mid 30’s+ on holiday or living in country and dating young women in their 20’s. One rung up the ladder from the rock spiders who try the same tactics with girls 10 years younger again and one below us desperate old guys searching for equally desperate and manipulative older mail order brides.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 10:20:55 AM by Admin »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958