It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Comparing dating in Russia to dating in USA  (Read 9173 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Comparing dating in Russia to dating in USA
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2021, 12:20:48 PM »
Back to the original post - dating younger women is all a matter of economics.  A wealthy 70 year old man in the West can date, and marry, a twenty something if he has enough money.  That's the case in Russia as well.  But there, people are considered "old" at 40 (although that is starting to change), and there are far, far fewer available men than women at that age and beyond.  Furthermore, I believe the attitude to marriage is different.  Women there want to marry, for a variety of reasons, from social to economic.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2021, 12:49:33 PM »
Nope.  It's all shading and highlighting. 

Wife agreed with you.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2021, 03:05:31 PM »
Some of those before and after pictures are not of the same woman.

The noses are the 'proof in the pudding.'

ML you sound just like that guy in that thread I was mentioning lol. Yeah there definitely a work of Art kind of reminds me of those guys who paint 3D images on the pavement, just so realistic looking that they seem real.

I know for TV some basic makeup is often done on guys, film etc but other than that us guys do t have the benefit to transform our faces so drastically. Mind you I'm guessing it costs a mint to get those sort of make up jobs done that or the person has to get trained to expert standard themselves. Probably gets to a point where the person might as well get cosmetic surgery done if they want the look without all the fuss.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2021, 03:08:05 PM »
Nah, it's not difficult to do if a woman is so inclined.  Transformations per Kevyn Aucoin can't be done, but in the first link, nothing would take more than, at most, half an hour to achieve. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:48:52 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2021, 03:26:49 PM »
Nah, it's not difficult to do if a woman is so inclined.  Transformations per Kevyn Aucoin can't be done, but in the first link, nothing would take at most, half an hour to achieve.

Whoa, sh*t be careful too look out for natural beauty is the lesson to be learned here then :o
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2021, 06:15:06 PM »
Wife has never worn makeup around the house and not even when we are out and around  shopping, etc.

She is definitely on opposite end of the spectrum to the FSU gals who will not go out to empty trash without makeup.

Only when we go out to restaurant, theatre, etc., does she apply . . . and then very minimal.
She does not have perfect skin either.

Once, in her first year here, I took her to a rather high end department/clothing store where a gal gave her a 'free' makeup . . . followed by our purchasing a good quantity of fairly expensive items !!  Wife didn't want to spend so much money and has never replaced most of the items.

Her looks were not transformed much; however the makeup gal was fairly young and had no great expertise.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2021, 10:42:51 AM »
Before meeting T on dmnotify, I tried Match and Zoosk.

I've had 0 responses on Match.  Well, I had one response from a nice divorced mom who politely refused.  On Zoosk, I had one connection...from someone who asked about my opinions on her business and advertising. 

I tried an experiment where I created a second profile on Zoosk, made myself 5 years younger, and uploaded a group photo of me in my 30's on a rafting trip.  I didn't mark which one was me.  I had many responses to that profile, from mostly older women, wondering if I was the guy in the center.  That guy was the rafting guide, who was very good looking, young and athletic.

My takeaway from that experience was that in order to date in the US, you need to stand out by being good looking or having a high income, or both.   Or post some provokative messages, which worked for a lawyer who dated a female friend (they hooked up on Match - she said she was intrigued by his messages).  By the way, high income in my area is $200k+. 

I think dating in Ukraine/Russia has a built in advantage because we are something different, at least at first.  I had many contacts on dmnotify.  I was able to move onto whatsapp and viber with about a dozen women and video calls with 4. 

I think it is definitely easier to date over there than here, at least for me or others like me.  By that I mean someone who appears ordinary initially and can't distinguish themselves until they get to the regular communication stage.  I am sure I could have had better success dating here if I worked out how to get to that second stage, but what I tried didn't work.

Offline GenMish

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2021, 11:43:31 AM »

I don't find FSUW more feminine than women where I live.
No, they don't.  I spend about the same for hair (subject to inflation) that I did in my twenties and thirties.  I get my hair cut every six weeks, sometimes longer, to maintain its shape.  I have highlights put in every 12 weeks.

I also spend about the same on make up, but I have always taken exceptional care of my skin.  I probably spend less now, as in my twenties, I used Erno Lazlo, and in my thirties, Sisley, and both those product lines were, and are (Lazlo has been resurrected), obscenely expensive.

My hats off to you ladies that take care of themselves, whether its hair and/or makeup

Its a lot easier for men. I just get up, take a shower , shave, and haircuts when needed. But I exercise quite a bit, mostly golf and tennis

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2021, 04:46:05 PM »

I've had 0 responses on Match.  Well, I had one response from a nice divorced mom who politely refused.  On Zoosk, I had one connection...from someone who asked about my opinions on her business and advertising. 

I tried an experiment where I created a second profile on Zoosk, made myself 5 years younger, and uploaded a group photo of me in my 30's on a rafting trip.  I didn't mark which one was me.  I had many responses to that profile, from mostly older women, wondering if I was the guy in the center.  That guy was the rafting guide, who was very good looking, young and athletic.

My takeaway from that experience was that in order to date in the US, you need to stand out by being good looking or having a high income, or both.   Or post some provokative messages, which worked for a lawyer who dated a female friend (they hooked up on Match - she said she was intrigued by his messages).  By the way, high income in my area is $200k+. 

I think dating in Ukraine/Russia has a built in advantage because we are something different, at least at first.  I had many contacts on dmnotify.  I was able to move onto whatsapp and viber with about a dozen women and video calls with 4. 

I think it is definitely easier to date over there than here, at least for me or others like me.  By that I mean someone who appears ordinary initially and can't distinguish themselves until they get to the regular communication stage.  I am sure I could have had better success dating here if I worked out how to get to that second stage, but what I tried didn't work.

That's a good contribution Steve. I think that is the experience of many guys these days. The problem is that women going out and getting careers has totally upended everything. By getting careers they feel they are worth so much more, they get so much more ambitious. Hence for the everyday average looking guy, most men, it is no longer enough to be that. It ends up being ridiculous with them all wanting some very handsome and/or very wealthy guy. In the end neither gender is satisfied and people don't get together, hence the falling birth rate in the western world. To my mind the old set up of men being the breadwinner and women the homemaker existed because it worked, it wasn't perfect for either gender (except for some) but it at least worked. Now we have brought on ourselves a system that sounds good, gender equality, but it doesn't work well
enough.

I believe in 'equal but different' as the two genders are inherently different (apart from a few odd fish) so it doesn't work to act as if there is no gender. I'm not sure if the western world will eventually work its way out of the social mess it has gotten itself into. I think the FSU will remain largely unchanged thank goodness, largely due to it being pretty much all working class. Working class people tend to be less interested in doing it all, egotism, etc and just want to live a life that works and makes sense. I think in the west a lot of people get lead on by the higher classes that control the media telling them how things should be and not necessarily with good results.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2021, 12:22:47 AM »
Wife has never worn makeup around the house and not even when we are out and around  shopping, etc.

She is definitely on opposite end of the spectrum to the FSU gals who will not go out to empty trash without makeup.

Only when we go out to restaurant, theatre, etc., does she apply . . . and then very minimal.
She does not have perfect skin either.

Once, in her first year here, I took her to a rather high end department/clothing store where a gal gave her a 'free' makeup . . . followed by our purchasing a good quantity of fairly expensive items !!  Wife didn't want to spend so much money and has never replaced most of the items.

Her looks were not transformed much; however the makeup gal was fairly young and had no great expertise.

My ex-wife wore also minimal make-up. But she didn't need a lot in fact. She was tempted more by expansive cream and buying a lot of para pharmaceutical products.
If I can translate it was more about young forever and healthy forever.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 12:25:42 AM »

Correct.
Dating and marrying foreigners trigger some upper status here.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2021, 12:42:41 PM »

My hats off to you ladies that take care of themselves, whether its hair and/or makeup

I think that's all pretty basic.  When I was young, I didn't highlight my hair as it had great colour.  I don't wear make up when I'm at home, just when I go out, and now with the pandemic, I don't bother if I go shopping, just if I see clients.

Its a lot easier for men. I just get up, take a shower , shave, and haircuts when needed. But I exercise quite a bit, mostly golf and tennis

That's the better half's routine, though he jogs, doesn't golf or play tennis.

Our sons don't wear make up, but they do have more products - one uses moisturizer with SPF when he goes out, they have specialty soaps (that I buy), product for their hair, expensive shaving products.  But they are more lax on haircuts than I like, LOL.

Correct.
Dating and marrying foreigners trigger some upper status here.

Have a UW marry a Somali or a Vietnamese citizen, and see how much "status" she achieves.  It's about money, or the potential therefore, nothing else.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=25059.msg552140#msg552140

I think the difference is that WW after 40 typically are dating for companionship/sex, not with a view to marriage.  So all that superficial stuff comes to the forefront.

That's a good contribution Steve. I think that is the experience of many guys these days. The problem is that women going out and getting careers has totally upended everything. By getting careers they feel they are worth so much more, they get so much more ambitious. Hence for the everyday average looking guy, most men, it is no longer enough to be that. It ends up being ridiculous with them all wanting some very handsome and/or very wealthy guy. In the end neither gender is satisfied and people don't get together, hence the falling birth rate in the western world. To my mind the old set up of men being the breadwinner and women the homemaker existed because it worked, it wasn't perfect for either gender (except for some) but it at least worked. Now we have brought on ourselves a system that sounds good, gender equality, but it doesn't work well
enough.

I believe in 'equal but different' as the two genders are inherently different (apart from a few odd fish) so it doesn't work to act as if there is no gender. I'm not sure if the western world will eventually work its way out of the social mess it has gotten itself into. I think the FSU will remain largely unchanged thank goodness, largely due to it being pretty much all working class. Working class people tend to be less interested in doing it all, egotism, etc and just want to live a life that works and makes sense. I think in the west a lot of people get lead on by the higher classes that control the media telling them how things should be and not necessarily with good results.

Surprise, surprise.  Your misogyny is on display yet again. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:07:24 AM by Boethius »

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2021, 07:21:59 PM »
I'm on Match and Fdating.

Most women in my area in Match.com 30-38 I would not date. From about 50 I'd consider 3-5 rough estimate.  The most attractive 26-28 year olds would probably not consider me based on may age and profile. Now I did have a nice date with a 27 year old two months ago but I do know it was a combination of things from my position, my job, recommendation of our overlapping circle of friends.

On Fdating looking at 50 profiles just based on looks I'd probably consider 20 - 25 or even higher.

American women are gorgeous 18-27 and in most big cities are comparable to any women on earth.

All in all I wished I could have found a soulmate in LA who speaks perfect English, enjoys Seinfeld, and can argue about 90's music and grow old with me. But we're here now. We're only human - when you are dating and pursuing someone you do want them to be attractive. There just seem to be more attractive older women in Russia and Ukraine. Our large food portions, our norms of driving everywhere, our jobs create a culture of overweight populations. It's just tough.

And it seems more American women 30-38 have more kids or are divorced compared to Russian women 30-38. My experience is that there are more attractive Russian 30 year olds who have never been married or who only have one child. No scientific data to back this up just my observations.

I found a girl I dated in high school on facebook. She was very pretty as a 16 year old  Now...no attraction.

It's going to more difficult to date a Russian woman but there are universal things couples can connect on. I probably wouldn't date a Russian woman who didn't speak above average English because I feel communication is essential for a healthy relationship. In the end we all want someone that conjures up special feelings inside, can enjoy life with, have a healthy and fun daily relationship with and and won't annoy you too much.

Offline ML

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2021, 06:56:57 AM »
I'm on Match and Fdating.

Most women in my area in Match.com 30-38 I would not date. From about 50 I'd consider 3-5 rough estimate.  The most attractive 26-28 year olds would probably not consider me based on may age and profile. Now I did have a nice date with a 27 year old two months ago but I do know it was a combination of things from my position, my job, recommendation of our overlapping circle of friends.

On Fdating looking at 50 profiles just based on looks I'd probably consider 20 - 25 or even higher.

American women are gorgeous 18-27 and in most big cities are comparable to any women on earth.

All in all I wished I could have found a soulmate in LA who speaks perfect English, enjoys Seinfeld, and can argue about 90's music and grow old with me. But we're here now. We're only human - when you are dating and pursuing someone you do want them to be attractive. There just seem to be more attractive older women in Russia and Ukraine. Our large food portions, our norms of driving everywhere, our jobs create a culture of overweight populations. It's just tough.

And it seems more American women 30-38 have more kids or are divorced compared to Russian women 30-38. My experience is that there are more attractive Russian 30 year olds who have never been married or who only have one child. No scientific data to back this up just my observations.

I found a girl I dated in high school on facebook. She was very pretty as a 16 year old  Now...no attraction.

It's going to more difficult to date a Russian woman but there are universal things couples can connect on. I probably wouldn't date a Russian woman who didn't speak above average English because I feel communication is essential for a healthy relationship. In the end we all want someone that conjures up special feelings inside, can enjoy life with, have a healthy and fun daily relationship with and and won't annoy you too much.

Very nice and thoughtful write-up.  I would agree with a lot of it.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2021, 10:00:53 AM »
To be honest having been with a pretty girl (briefly) for a couple of weeks I don't think I would be bothered about dating another model pretty girl. More important to be with someone you feel cares about you I think. Sure model pretty girls obviously look hot and a turn on visually but the world over dating one can be difficult particularly if not model looking oneself.

Whether model looking people, girls, have a better, easier or more fulfilled dating life I don't know. Their looks probably magnetically attract a lot of attention and maybe for many of them that might become a problem. Anyone got any insight into this?

I know Davo told us about his Ex (I assume very attractive) so that's one example I guess.

Offline ML

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2021, 04:46:54 PM »
I have been up close to several 10 or near 10 (in the face) women in social and business settings.
I find it hard to look directly into their face.  No I am not looking at their boobs.
Just something about looking at such beauty and perfection that makes me uncomfortable.
Mostly they have seemed very nice, and probably somewhat annoyed that I kept our conversation short.
Maybe they experience that a lot; I am not sure.

Online Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2021, 08:05:55 PM »

Dating sites shouldn't limit their members to 65+ since they will be hurting their profit margin. Lots of men drop out of the dating scene once they lose their sex drive so the site you mention "Our Time" for older people caters to those as young as 50.

Most dating sites have a corporate owner with a number of different sites that have different specialties.   Match for instance owns Plenty of Fish, Tinder, Our time and about 10 other specialized sites.  If Someone is too young for Our Time they will use Match or Tinder.  I am sure many seniors don't care to wade through hundreds of profiles of 20 year old singles to find someone their age and vice versa

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2021, 12:59:45 AM »

Surprise, surprise.  Your misogyny is on display yet again. 

Trench? Misogynistic? Who da thunk it?  :ROFL:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1433