It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Greetings RWD!  (Read 15405 times)

Offline ph4tst4x

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Greetings RWD!
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:04:45 PM »
I've visited this forum a handful of times, but today I decided to create a profile.  I hope to draw from the vast accumulation of experience here so I can ensure a happy and healthy family with my future wife.

I met my RW on a website called fdating.  I'm in my early 30's, she's in her mid 20's.  She previously completed an English degree from a university in Moscow, so our communication was great.  We used WhatsApp everyday to communicate and got to know each other rather quickly.  Eventually, we planned a trip to Istanbul.  We had our trip in January this year, and that's when we became engaged.  A month after returning from our trip, we discovered she became pregnant  ;).

I've sent off the K1 visa package, but there are so many confusing variables in this equation.  It looks like the US embassy in Moscow isn't conducting interviews, and so there's a growing backlog of interviews to be had.  Also, Russia isn't processing tourist visa applications from US citizens, so I don't even know if I'll be able to be in Moscow for my child's birth.  We're just taking it a step at a time, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming part of this community!  It's been difficult finding people to relate to regarding FSU women.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Greetings RWD!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 01:41:37 PM »
Well it seems double congratulations are in order!  Welcome ph4tst4x!

Indeed tricky and challenging times for us all as far as traveling goes, but yeah, lets see what kind of ideas the communal knowledge pot can produce.

Oh... Welcome!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »
A month after returning from our trip, we discovered she became pregnant  ;).

Have doctors been able to determine the cause of this ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 04:13:45 PM »
   It looks like the US embassy in Moscow isn't conducting interviews, and so there's a growing backlog of interviews to be had.  Also, Russia isn't processing tourist visa applications from US citizens, so I don't even know if I'll be able to be in Moscow for my child's birth.
Thanks to the Biden admin people...US/Russian relations have been strained again. As it might help...contact your congress reps and see if they might assist. Best of luck with all---
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 04:17:09 PM »
What would they know?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ph4tst4x

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »

Doctors aside, maybe we shouldn't had taken a trip so close to the fertile crescent haha.

Thanks to the Biden admin people...US/Russian relations have been strained again. As it might help...contact your congress reps and see if they might assist. Best of luck with all---

My fiancée belongs to a Telegram (app) group for women undergoing the K-1/3 visa process.  This seems to be the sentiment there as well.  I don't see things getting much better in  the near future, especially with tensions rising in Donbas.  I read on RWD that RW have been scheduling interviews at US embassies in other countries, but I haven't followed up for more information.  The congress rep idea might be worth looking into.  Maybe it will help that I'm a veteran.  I should probably also consider having my fiancée contact the Russian embassy here in the US to see if they'll make an exception for me.  I would hate to not be there for the birth of my child.

Offline BC

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 02:16:04 AM »
If you are flexible, might be able to be together in another country.  Turkey, maybe Cuba?

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 05:51:42 AM »

ph4tst4x

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I wish you, your fiancee and your wee one the best!!!!!

RW engagements and visa applications require much patience in normal times.   Now add a pandemic and strained US-Russia relations, it will be very challenging.

How is your woman doing?  Whatever stress you are feeling, it will be magnified multifold in her.   I trust babushka is at her side. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 05:55:00 AM »
If you are flexible, might be able to be together in another country.  Turkey, maybe Cuba?

I understand Turkey-Russia tourism was just recently halted.

Cuba and Dubai are not places to visit in the summer and pregnant.   

Maybe meet in Belarus?

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 05:56:17 AM »
Doctors aside, maybe we shouldn't had taken a trip so close to the fertile crescent haha.

My fiancée belongs to a Telegram (app) group for women undergoing the K-1/3 visa process.  This seems to be the sentiment there as well.  I don't see things getting much better in  the near future, especially with tensions rising in Donbas.  I read on RWD that RW have been scheduling interviews at US embassies in other countries, but I haven't followed up for more information.  The congress rep idea might be worth looking into.  Maybe it will help that I'm a veteran.  I should probably also consider having my fiancée contact the Russian embassy here in the US to see if they'll make an exception for me.  I would hate to not be there for the birth of my child.

Congrats and Welcome! The advice from tfcrew is good. Contact both your US Representitives and Senator's office for assistance. Tell them of the quagmire and get them involved. Also, go to visajourney.com for further advice. There is a forum there as well of folks going through the same thing you are. There's good stuff there. I had to do both over a dozen years ago because of the ineptness of the Dept of Homeland Security

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Greetings RWD!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 09:30:28 AM »
We had our trip in January this year, and that's when we became engaged. 

Welcome to the forum!

How many days was your trip?

My advice is to continue getting to know each other AND getting things
ready to be together.

Does she have a drivers license? If not she needs to get lessons and a
license. Does she have a degree or certifications? If so, get the documents
translated and apostilled.

I would work on getting her a Schengen visa. The US hasn't closed their   
embassies in Spain, Poland or Portugal. I don't know about the safety
of getting vaccinated while preggers, but you aren't so in my opinion
you should get your jabs done. That might make it easier for you to see
her.

When you visit her bring a nearly empty suitcase so you can bring some
of her things back to the USA. Her clothes have already stopped fitting
her. Having them hang in your closet in the USA might be a comforting
thought and they will be there when she eventually arrives.   

You will need to buy one of those shower massage attached hoses for
your shower. Go to Home Desperate and buy one with her on What's AP
Make her part of you preparing things for her arrival.

Get more boots on the ground time anyway you can. Meet her parents
and friends.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ph4tst4x

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »

We did Turkey for our first trip.  We're not sure if she'll be able to handle a trip over the summer, since she's pregnant.  I think we'll go to Montenegro or Belarus if she feels up for it.

I wish you, your fiancee and your wee one the best!!!!!

RW engagements and visa applications require much patience in normal times.   Now add a pandemic and strained US-Russia relations, it will be very challenging.

How is your woman doing?  Whatever stress you are feeling, it will be magnified multifold in her.   I trust babushka is at her side.

Thank you for the kind words!  She's been almost continuously sick from the pregnancy, had to quit her job.  Her mother lives a few hours away and so only can visit once per week (for now).  Feels bad that I can't do more to help the situation.  I just maintain a positive outlook and remind her of my unwavering dedication to her and our child.

Maybe meet in Belarus?

There's been a lot of anti-US sentiment in Belarus recently, so we've been focusing on Montenegro.  But it's nice that they speak Russian in Belarus, so we're still considering going there.

Contact both your US Representitives and Senator's office for assistance. Tell them of the quagmire and get them involved. Also, go to visajourney.com for further advice.

I don't have much faith in our representatives, but it can't hurt to try!  Once our K-1 package is approved and we're sent to the queue for an interview, I'll submit a few letters.  Visajourney was very helpful with fulling out the I-129F, but I never ventured to their forums.  I'll check them out!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »

I don't have much faith in our representatives, but it can't hurt to try! Once our K-1 package is approved and we're sent to the queue for an interview, I'll submit a few letters.  Visajourney was very helpful with fulling out the I-129F, but I never ventured to their forums.  I'll check them out!

I don't either but it is actually their duty and responsibility to help and assist you. They all have a liaison in their offices for such matters. When I was waiting on a K-1 decision the processing time was about 3 months and mine was over 9 months with no requests for further info or evidence from them. It wasn't until I contacted my reps that the approval came. Approval and a scheduled interview was within weeks. They claimed the credit for it naturally and I wasn't sure it was them that did it but the results were what I was seeking. The liaison I had contacted me well after to insure I had no more problems. I did badger both Homeland security and my reps. Don't believe they'll just do their job, insist on it

Offline whynotme

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2021, 02:56:46 PM »

I've sent off the K1 visa package, but there are so many confusing variables in this equation.  It looks like the US embassy in Moscow isn't conducting interviews, and so there's a growing backlog of interviews to be had.  Also, Russia isn't processing tourist visa applications from US citizens, so I don't even know if I'll be able to be in Moscow for my child's birth.  We're just taking it a step at a time, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming part of this community!  It's been difficult finding people to relate to regarding FSU women.

Are you sure about information about Russian visas? Your private visa application was rejected or you didn't try to get it and just read forums? Try to connect with Russian Embassy, explain your situation and get an answer directly from them. They give visas to close relatives of the Russian citizens. http://washington.mid.ru/en/

Offline ph4tst4x

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2021, 07:13:48 PM »
How many days was your trip?

My advice is to continue getting to know each other AND getting things
ready to be together.

Does she have a drivers license? If not she needs to get lessons and a
license. Does she have a degree or certifications? If so, get the documents
translated and apostilled.

I would work on getting her a Schengen visa. The US hasn't closed their   
embassies in Spain, Poland or Portugal. I don't know about the safety
of getting vaccinated while preggers, but you aren't so in my opinion
you should get your jabs done. That might make it easier for you to see
her.

When you visit her bring a nearly empty suitcase so you can bring some
of her things back to the USA. Her clothes have already stopped fitting
her. Having them hang in your closet in the USA might be a comforting
thought and they will be there when she eventually arrives.   

You will need to buy one of those shower massage attached hoses for
your shower. Go to Home Desperate and buy one with her on What's AP
Make her part of you preparing things for her arrival.

Get more boots on the ground time anyway you can. Meet her parents
and friends.

The trip was only for a week :clapping:.  We both are stressed about things moving so quickly and regret not spending more time with each other in person, but here we are.   All I can say is that I'm grateful that we communicate often and effectively.  I believe our willingness will prevail.

She doesn't have a driver's license.  I offered to pay for her to get licensed in Russia, but she's been feeling very ill since the start of the pregnancy.  Right now the plan is for her to go through the licensing process in the US.  She has an English degree from Russia as well as a TEFL certification.  Once she's here, the rough plan is for her to complete a few semesters at community college to earn some sort of English certification (and show a US college GPA).  Once she's doing courses I'll figure out how to get her college credits translated/transferred.  I'd gladly support her pursuing a master's degree.

We've looked into the Schengen visa, but at this point we're focusing on getting her and our prospective child to the US.  Thanks for the shower massage advice, I noticed these are pretty common outside the US!  Maybe I should get a bidet too haha.  She chats with my mother, so I feel bad that I can't communicate in Russian with her mother (no English).  I really ought to start practicing since we plan to raise bilingual children.

I don't either but it is actually their duty and responsibility to help and assist you. They all have a liaison in their offices for such matters. When I was waiting on a K-1 decision the processing time was about 3 months and mine was over 9 months with no requests for further info or evidence from them. It wasn't until I contacted my reps that the approval came. Approval and a scheduled interview was within weeks. They claimed the credit for it naturally and I wasn't sure it was them that did it but the results were what I was seeking. The liaison I had contacted me well after to insure I had no more problems. I did badger both Homeland security and my reps. Don't believe they'll just do their job, insist on it

Once our K1 package is awaiting the interview process, I'll be sending some letters.  I appreciate the advice and will certainly use it in my arsenal during this process.

Are you sure about information about Russian visas? Your private visa application was rejected or you didn't try to get it and just read forums? Try to connect with Russian Embassy, explain your situation and get an answer directly from them. They give visas to close relatives of the Russian citizens. http://washington.mid.ru/en/

The only visa package I've submitted is the K1.  I've never applied for a Russian tourist visa.  From what I've heard, Russia is only approving tourist visas for family members.  Regardless, I anticipate on applying over the summer (and can hopefully find a way to explain my circumstance).  I agree with the sentiment that I should be actively pushing for the visa.  I will begin that process in a month or so.  Or maybe I should do it now, since there's a good chance that tensions between the US and Russia will increase...

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 02:15:59 AM »

Or Georgia where Americans are liked, have plenty of Russian tourists and most everyone here (Batumi, Republic of Georgia) speaks Russian.

Former member Moby, from the UK, got married to his Russian woman in Tbilisi in 2019. BIG American embassy in Tbilisi. 

Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 02:17:36 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 07:54:52 AM »
The trip was only for a week :clapping:

WOW, the two of you had either great planning or poor planning (regarding the resulting pregnancy).

And you seem to have had great swimmers!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 09:04:07 AM »

Or Georgia where Americans are liked, have plenty of Russian tourists and most everyone here (Batumi, Republic of Georgia) speaks Russian.

I forget about Georgia.  Because Turkey is now closed to Russian tourists, your restaurant may be overwhelmed this summer. 

A negative COVID test is required of a US citizen to re-enter the US, so the risk of being denied boarding still overhangs such a trip.   Therefore, become vaccinated.  Does Russia require negative tests for its returning citizens?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Greetings RWD!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 10:36:25 AM »
The trip was only for a week

She doesn't have a driver's license.

She has an English degree from Russia as well as a TEFL certification.

We've looked into the Schengen visa

I appreciate the advice

I've never applied for a Russian tourist visa.

If tough love isn't your thing then just skip over this post and the
newbies who appreciate good advice can read it. Seriously, skip
over it, I don't know you and I certainly did not wake up today
thinking that I should try to offend you. The comments below
might be tough reading.

Warning tough love segment ahead.

You have been given advice by several experienced members and it
appears you think you already know everything to do. You don't.

You are doing a lot of things wrong, some of them are probably fixable,
some will take a bunch of work and some are too late to do much about.

1. You spent one week on with boots on the ground. That's not enough,
not even close. You've gotten a girl preggers and you decided to file a
K1. You jumped ahead of the process and you need to get face to face
with her to catch up. You need to keep winning her heart and you need
to keep seducing her and growing your mutual love and affection.

Can you name what she keeps in the kitchen cabinets that you keep in
the refrigerator? Can you name six things that she eats or drinks that you
wouldn't put in your mouth? Don't panic, you can still do all this stuff, just
get on a plane. What temperature is her apartment? Can you see your
breath or can you bake bread in it without an oven? 

2. Start working on your Russian visa yesterday, today at the latest, not
in a week, not in a month. Get a multi visit multi year visa. You need
more boots on the ground time and you need it more than you need
anything else.

3. Women are often sick during their pregnancy especially in the first months.
They are very rarely sick for 9 months. I would not make plans as if she is
going to be sick for many months, unless she has some rare condition.

4. All those things that I suggested to you like getting driving lessons, getting
her documents done are far easier to do in Russia. than anywhere else and
unless she wants to start over completely (Who wants to repeat college 
Calculus?)

5. Your girl quit her job and is now completely idle and I'm guessing you
are sending her money. You really need to give her something important
to do. You don't want her sitting in her apartment with an idle mind and all
those hormones going through her system. 

You want her busy and getting things ready for her life and future with you.

6. You are at a fragile spot in your relationship, one billion things can go wrong.
The best way to solidify things is by talking to her face to face, preferably in her
city and to be a man of action.

Warning tough love segment over.

Here is some easy stuff not tough love at all.

1. Never pass by a flower or sunset or pretty cloud again without
taking a photo of it and sending it to her.

2. Go to this website and learn 2 romantic phrases per day
http://www.meighan.net/alexander/

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:55:51 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline whynotme

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2021, 10:09:31 PM »
I forget about Georgia.  Because Turkey is now closed to Russian tourists, your restaurant may be overwhelmed this summer. 

A negative COVID test is required of a US citizen to re-enter the US, so the risk of being denied boarding still overhangs such a trip.   Therefore, become vaccinated.  Does Russia require negative tests for its returning citizens?

Russian citizens don't need negative tests for boarding, they need to download test results in 3 days after arrival on gosyslugi.ru. Tests are at airports or local clinics. I choosed Seattle-LA-Moscow by Aeroflot to go to Russia in June.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 12:41:50 AM »

If tough love isn't your thing then just skip over this post and the
newbies who appreciate good advice can read it. Seriously, skip
over it, I don't know you and I certainly did not wake up today
thinking that I should try to offend you. The comments below
might be tough reading.

You have been given advice by several experienced members and it
appears you think you already know everything to do. You don't.

You are doing a lot of things wrong, some of them are probably fixable,
some will take a bunch of work and some are too late to do much about.

1. You spent one week on with boots on the ground. That's not enough,
not even close. You've gotten a girl preggers and you decided to file a
K1. You jumped ahead of the process and you need to get face to face
with her to catch up. You need to keep winning her heart and you need
to keep seducing her and growing your mutual love and affection.

Can you name what she keeps in the kitchen cabinets that you keep in
the refrigerator? Can you name six things that she eats or drinks that you
wouldn't put in your mouth? Don't panic, you can still do all this stuff, just
get on a plane. What temperature is her apartment? Can you see your
breath or can you bake bread in it without an oven? 

2. Start working on your Russian visa yesterday, today at the latest, not
in a week, not in a month. Get a multi visit multi year visa. You need
more boots on the ground time and you need it more than you need
anything else.

3. Women are often sick during their pregnancy especially in the first months.
They are very rarely sick for 9 months. I would not make plans as if she is
going to be sick for many months, unless she has some rare condition.

4. All those things that I suggested to you like getting driving lessons, getting
her documents done are far easier to do in Russia. than anywhere else and
unless she wants to start over completely (Who wants to repeat college 
Calculus?)

5. Your girl quit her job and is now completely idle and I'm guessing you
are sending her money. You really need to give her something important
to do. You don't want her sitting in her apartment with an idle mind and all
those hormones going through her system. 

You want her busy and getting things ready for her life and future with you.

6. You are at a fragile spot in your relationship, one billion things can go wrong.
The best way to solidify things is by talking to her face to face, preferably in her
city and to be a man of action.

Here is some easy stuff not tough love at all.

1. Never pass by a flower or sunset or pretty cloud again without
taking a photo of it and sending it to her.

2. Go to this website and learn 2 romantic phrases per day
http://www.meighan.net/alexander/

Udachi!

Bill

Can other forum members tell us if they do the above with their other halves???

I get what you're saying Bill that OP and anyone including myself (as you've said this stuff to me in the past) need to really get to know the girl and really spend a lot of time with her. Basically to get to know her so you can be part of her inner everyday life and not some guy she keeps on the outside who she doesn't have a great connection with as both only have a remedial association/connection with.

Is it not going a bit oddball with her though asking her a thousand banal questions about every minor thing she has/buys/uses? I could think that she might get a bit cheesed off or weirded out by all these questions coming her way over every minor thing she has/buys/uses, she may get fed up even.

How come you do such stuff?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 07:00:19 AM »
Is it not going a bit oddball with her though asking her a thousand banal questions about every minor thing she has/buys/uses? I could think that she might get a bit cheesed off or weirded out by all these questions coming her way over every minor thing she has/buys/uses, she may get fed up even.

How come you do such stuff?

Follow this link for my answer

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=22008.new#new

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:13:12 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 08:43:52 AM »
Can other forum members tell us if they do the above with their other halves???...

That's actually a great topic, TC. It is however deserving its own separate thread on its own.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Greetings RWD!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 11:14:02 AM »

That's actually a great topic, TC. It is however deserving its own separate thread on its own.

Excellent point, I address Trench's questions here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=22008.new#new
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 01:44:03 PM »
1. You spent one week on with boots on the ground. That's not enough, not even close. You've gotten a girl preggers and you decided to file a K1. You jumped ahead of the process and you need to get face to face with her to catch up. You need to keep winning her heart and you need to keep seducing her and growing your mutual love and affection.

I believe working and providing a good nest egg for a house and decent standard of living is more important than continued "seduction".  Certainly, spending time with her when vacation time allows it is important, but that will mean nothing if OP doesn't have a good job and an income to support his bride when she joins him.

Couples are always strangers until they live together.

It's unfortunate OP's fiancee got pregnant so quickly.  But, what's done is done.

Can you name what she keeps in the kitchen cabinets that you keep in the refrigerator? Can you name six things that she eats or drinks that you wouldn't put in your mouth? Don't panic, you can still do all this stuff, just get on a plane. What temperature is her apartment? Can you see your breath or can you bake bread in it without an oven? 

I believe these are all superficial things.  I don't care what the better half eats.  What I care about is the soul that inhabits the body that eats those things.  Needing a room to be kept at 25C irked me, but, over the years, I have gotten him down to a more reasonable 20.5C.  He still hasn't adapted to our custom of wearing t-shirts and shorts the minute the snow melts.  I remember the first year he was here, how shocked he was to see students in t-shirts and shorts in April, when it was 4C outside.

All those things that I suggested to you like getting driving lessons, getting her documents done are far easier to do in Russia. than anywhere else and unless she wants to start over completely (Who wants to repeat college Calculus?)

I agree.  Get started on this sooner rather than later, although with a baby, the fiancee isn't going to be working/schooling soon.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 02:42:49 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1398
Most Online Ever: 12701