It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Christian Orthodox Family  (Read 7060 times)

Offline RayMoore

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Christian Orthodox Family
« on: July 23, 2021, 06:35:45 AM »
Hello,

I am new to this. I just broke up with a Belarusian girl that I dated for 8 months in USA , We had great time together as lovers (chemistry was so great, learnt from her and we helped each other) However, we started to have fights as soon I started to discuss with her how I want our family together to be. I am Christian Orthodox who is NOT really strong religious person however I like to raise my future children in more of a traditional way (Play sports, going to church, praying, being humble, morals etc. )  She did not even want to have enough patience to reach to a middle point in our discussion, accusing me of being manipulative to change her!

My question is, Where I can find more traditional Orthodox girls with family values (want to start family, humble, serves in churches, volunteers, no premarital sex, ) in FSU countries..is it better in big cities or  small towns...are people in small towns are open minded for foreigners...Are churches in small towns are good places to find women like that or it's closed communities for FSU men only? Any website or Churches groups or pages support this? I want to start a family with a faithful wife and have kids with old fashion family values. Please help

I just moved this post to here per moderator request ***
Thank You!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Christian Orthodox Family
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 07:18:14 AM »
Where I can find more traditional Orthodox girls with family values.... 
Advertise yourself. I did.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BC

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »
The quote below struck me while reading your post, Ray.

we started to have fights as soon I started to discuss with her how I want our family together to be.

Marriage, after all, is more about compromise than what "I want".

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 10:35:07 AM »
My question is, Where I can find more conservative Orthodox girls in FSU countries..is
it better in big cities or  small towns...are people in small towns are open minded for
foreigners ...Are churches in small towns are good places to find women like that ?
Please help

[Note I originally posted this on a different thread, but I deleted it there and copied
it here]

It really depends on what exactly you are looking for and why, your age and the age
you are seeking and how much time and travel time you have, are you a practicing
Orthodox or is there something else that you seek?

You can find a thousand Women who go to church every single Sunday for 3 hours
and fast during every fast day of the Orthodox calendar, and observant to every
Orthodox holiday and tradition in Georgia. However, you would have to spend two
years boots on the ground in Georgia living that life as well to have a chance at one
of those girls.

Many women from the FSU consider themselves Orthodox but they don't fast, they are
more observant during the holidays etc.

If you are say a Baptist, you could find a Baptist Church in the FSU and go there to
help build something or some general charity work. The Minister there would certainly
point you in the direction of the marriageable girls. Ministers really like marriageable
adults of their congregations getting married.

My advice is to start a thread in introductions briefly lay out who you are and what you
are looking for. Don't give out your name or private information. This is the internet and
a little anonymity is recommended.  If your moniker is your actual name, I would advise
asking a moderator to change it for you.

Moray (as in Moray eel) might be a good one. Or something random like Banana Belt Bob.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:54:54 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 10:37:51 AM »

It is, however if your opinions/goals/values are too far apart it makes sense to
end it and seek one who has values and goals closer to your own.

General advice to the OP below.

Most women in the FSU have good family values in building a relationship and
getting married, making a baby or two and so forth. Waiting till marriage for
sex, will be more difficult to find unless you have considerable time and
resources to commit to this.

Village girls, especially the religious ones tend to get married very young. I advise
not marrying women before they turn 25 or so, their brains are still developing and
in my opinion the vast majority of them are not ready.

If you are not a practicing Orthodox, then I would try to find the church you do
go to in the FSU and go there.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:49:15 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline RayMoore

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
Advertise yourself. I did.
Thank you for your reply.. can you share how you advertise it and what worked with you best, Please?
Thank You!

Offline RayMoore

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »

Thank you BC, I understand.. and you have no idea how many compromises I already did and more than happy to will do more. however, there are some topics and details have to be clear before the union. I can compromise in somethings that other men can not comprise  and vice versa..
Thank You!

Offline RayMoore

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 01:05:08 PM »
[Note I originally posted this on a different thread, but I deleted it there and copied
it here]

It really depends on what exactly you are looking for and why, your age and the age
you are seeking and how much time and travel time you have, are you a practicing
Orthodox or is there something else that you seek?

You can find a thousand Women who go to church every single Sunday for 3 hours
and fast during every fast day of the Orthodox calendar, and observant to every
Orthodox holiday and tradition in Georgia. However, you would have to spend two
years boots on the ground in Georgia living that life as well to have a chance at one
of those girls.

Many women from the FSU consider themselves Orthodox but they don't fast, they are
more observant during the holidays etc.

If you are say a Baptist, you could find a Baptist Church in the FSU and go there to
help build something or some general charity work. The Minister there would certainly
point you in the direction of the marriageable girls. Ministers really like marriageable
adults of their congregations getting married.

My advice is to start a thread in introductions briefly lay out who you are and what you
are looking for. Don't give out your name or private information. This is the internet and
a little anonymity is recommended.  If your moniker is your actual name, I would advise
asking a moderator to change it for you.

Moray (as in Moray eel) might be a good one. Or something random like Banana Belt Bob.

Udachi!

Bill
  2tallbill, I do not know how thank you enough for this ..I like the idea for providing charity work and be around the community...I am Christian orthodox, 37 years old...and I am looking for any age younger than me if she has these qualities..
'' Don't give out your name or private information.'' this is not my real name ...
Thank You!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 04:56:49 PM »
  2tallbill, I do not know how thank you enough for this ..I like the idea for providing charity work and be around the community...I am Christian orthodox, 37 years old...and I am looking for any age younger than me if she has these qualities..

You should be able to find a million things.

Google "volunteer work in __________" name of country. Find a few interesting things
and then ask your local priest about it. I imagine he will be eager to help. He can put you
in touch with locals that can make your trip easier and rewarding.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 10:21:05 PM »
I recommend you do more introspection before focusing on FSU women (abroad). Not just about why you wish to pursue FSUM in particular, but your strengths and weaknesses as a man, a potential husband, and your past relationships.

Former Soviet countries are not strongholds for 'traditional values'. There are cultural differences and feminism hasn't saturated itself into the domestic culture as much as Western countries, but women are women - and a woman will change in a new environment (as you would).

Dating and attitudes to relationships have changed dramatically over the past decade. Most guys who post on this forum haven't dated in that time. Don't believe that finding a 'traditional wife' in a foreign country will be easier than finding one in your own country.

If you do wish to pursue internationally then dating apps (or dating sites) are the logical first step. If you decide to advertise yourself online then make it clear what you want and what you bring to the table. It is difficult to provide any useful advice without understanding your background and personal circumstances in more detail.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 10:48:43 PM »
I like the idea for providing charity work and be around the community.

I remember someone telling me "Charity starts at home". Most women want to know if you can take care of them and a family. Having a big heart is great but make sure you have your priorities in order.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 11:05:14 AM »
I recommend you do more introspection before focusing on FSU women (abroad). Not just
about why you wish to pursue FSUM in particular, but your strengths and weaknesses as a
man, a potential husband, and your past relationships.

Good point,
Figure out where you are, what you have and where you want to go. Only then can you
make a plan on how to get there. Make a list of your own faults, what you can improve
and what is stuck with you. Make a self improvement plan as well.

I also advise figuring out exactly what you want, make a list. Figure out what you don't
want and make a list. Make a list of deal killers, like dishonesty, smoking, religion, sings
out of key or whatever.

Put your lists in some sort of order of importance. Obviously honesty is more important
than if she likes the Bee Gee's or not.

Once you have all this on paper in front of you, you can begin to make big picture
strategies and plans.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there" Lewis Carrol

Former Soviet countries are not strongholds for 'traditional values'. There are cultural
differences and feminism hasn't saturated itself into the domestic culture as much as
Western countries, but women are women - and a woman will change in a new
environment (as you would).

It's not important that rwd123 and I agree on everything. Traditional values is a catch all
phrase that can mean all sorts of things to different people. In some respects FSUW tend
to be very traditional in others not so much. A man should determine and describe what
he is seeking and why in the steps mentioned above.

Most FSUW want to get married. Depending on age most of them want to have a child.

Dating and attitudes to relationships have changed dramatically over the past decade. Most
guys who post on this forum haven't dated in that time.

Some of this is age based, but I would argue that most FSUW want marriage and a family.
My daughter Smiley Girl and all her friends do. I hope that it all works out for all of them
but in my opinion 80% of them will probably be divorced in 5 years.

Most guys who post on this forum haven't dated in that time. Don't believe that finding a 'traditional wife' in a foreign country will be easier than finding one in your own country.

If you do wish to pursue internationally then dating apps (or dating sites) are the logical first step. If you decide to advertise yourself online then make it clear what you want and what you bring to the table. It is difficult to provide any useful advice without understanding your background and personal circumstances in more detail.

I am least able to advise anyone about dating apps and sites or where to advertise etc. I am also
totally lacking knowledge in pursuing younger FSUW. I haven't had a date with another woman
in many years.

I can advise that you will find more bar flies in a bar than at a picnic. Bar flies are rarely good
wives. Pay per view/pay to chat sites are very difficult to navigate successfully and to avoid
them.

I can advise that 18-20 year old girls are just like bread put into the oven for 10 minutes.
It looks and smells very good from the outside, but the inside isn't finished yet.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 05:44:39 PM »
Finding a devout Orthodox believer in Russia or Ukraine will not be easy, IMHO.  Most people there are not particularly religious.  I think you'd have better luck if you joined an Orthodox dating site, where women have already self identified as Orthodox, and where it is important enough to them, that they are seeking a spouse with similar values.  Something like these -

http://tinyurl.com/y3d3c5my
http://www.christiancafe.com/denomination/orthodox-singles
http://www.meetandright.com/
http://www.orthodoxandsingle.com/
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline RayMoore

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 01:28:51 PM »
I recommend you do more introspection before focusing on FSU women (abroad). Not just about why you wish to pursue FSUM in particular, but your strengths and weaknesses as a man, a potential husband, and your past relationships.

Former Soviet countries are not strongholds for 'traditional values'. There are cultural differences and feminism hasn't saturated itself into the domestic culture as much as Western countries, but women are women - and a woman will change in a new environment (as you would).

Dating and attitudes to relationships have changed dramatically over the past decade. Most guys who post on this forum haven't dated in that time. Don't believe that finding a 'traditional wife' in a foreign country will be easier than finding one in your own country.

I agree.. However, I believe there are good and bad in every culture. I know exactly what I want, my criteria in choosing wife is simple beautiful wife who can have morals, values and humble...I dated many gorgeous women like  8s, 9s, 10s..but was not lucky to find wife material in any of them...great for fun but not for long commitment ..they can easily discuss divorce.
For instances I just watched a video about a religious event in Ukraine and saw thousands of women who dresses very properly, praying, and worshiping God, So many with their kids...My strategy is simple (but does not mean it's easy) if there are thousands of women like that ..All I need just ONE...Please Guys be positive ..I do not need to go to night clubs or dating websites to find my future wife ..I am looking for someone who is similar to women in these crowds.
Thank You!

Offline RayMoore

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 01:31:38 PM »

I remember someone telling me "Charity starts at home". Most women want to know if you can take care of them and a family. Having a big heart is great but make sure you have your priorities in order.
I agree
Thank You!

Offline RayMoore

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 01:43:08 PM »
Quote from: 2tallbill link=topic=25270.
[/quote
You are awesome.. Thank You..
Thank You!

Offline RayMoore

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2021, 01:47:34 PM »
Finding a devout Orthodox believer in Russia or Ukraine will not be easy, IMHO.  Most people there are not particularly religious.  I think you'd have better luck if you joined an Orthodox dating site, where women have already self identified as Orthodox, and where it is important enough to them, that they are seeking a spouse with similar values.  Something like these -

http://tinyurl.com/y3d3c5my
http://www.christiancafe.com/denomination/orthodox-singles
http://www.meetandright.com/
http://www.orthodoxandsingle.com/

Here we Go! very good Idea.. anyone  has experiences with these websites ?
Boethius, Thanks a million!!
Thank You!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2021, 02:17:32 PM »
  ..I do not need to go to night clubs or dating websites to find my future wife ..I am looking for someone who is similar to women in these crowds.

I've visited many Orthodox churches in my travels over there but for tourist reasons. I'm sure hanging around churches you'd find some of the women are single and be happy to talk to you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2021, 11:23:51 AM »
anyone  has experiences with these websites ?

None of the WM posting here are Orthodox, so would not have used such a dating site.

I also found this article, which has a link to a Russian language Orthodox dating site, and it has people in the US, one girl in Miami, assuming your profile is accurate.  There's a second website listed in the article.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. 

Article - http://www.rferl.org/a/inside-the-immaculate-world-of-russian-orthodox-dating/29770034.html

Website - http://azbyka.ru/znakomstva/
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BC

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2021, 01:11:56 PM »
None of the WM posting here are Orthodox, so would not have used such a dating site.

insert: "were Orthodox prior to marriage"

:)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1876
Total: 1887

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM