It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Chicken Kiev Weekend  (Read 32236 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Chicken Kiev Weekend
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:00:52 AM »
Ok, so I've had a enough of the talking on here and decided to go for a weekend looking for my piece of chicken in Kiev :) I'm looking to meet between 2-4 women over the course of a weekend, so 1-2 on a Saturday and 1-2 on a Sunday with a Friday fly in and a Monday fly out. So I'll meet a girl in the morning then meet another girl in the evening all being well.

I had been wanting to do a week somewhere in a provincial city but my schedule is a bit pushed at the moment and won't be able to take anything other tha the odd weekend out till towards the end of summer most likely. That would be letting things drift and to be honest I would find it depressing waiting out the whole of Spring and most of Summer without much happening.

Now Kiev has come good for me as there are cheap flights with Wizz Air from Luton and further afield Ryanair flights from Stanstead. The Wizz Air Hostesses look hot :P and the other benefit is the Zhulyany Airport in Kiev is nearer than Borispil so less travelling time, might even save a few bob also ;D

I have one potential girl who I think is willing to meet me already and I reckon I can source a few others and then book up to meet them. I just need to correspond with this (these) girls a little before I go through messaging to get some ground work in. If these girls don't seem up to much on meeting I'll try and have a few girls to call up as a fall back or use another technique. This I think is the best thing for me to do with the time available. I've been to Kiev twice before already and although there is probably still stuff I haven't seen & done I won't be feeling the need to explore the city a lot or be overly touristy which can be a clash of objectives. If I meet a girl and all goes well then I may end up doing a bit of that stuff with her anyway :)

There we have it, I'm quite enthusiatic about this plan as it will make a nice departure from all the heckling on here at least. It looks like it will work out pretty cheap on my pocket, well hopefully, so makes sence for such a short stay. Thing now for me to do is to plan it out so I make best use of the two full days and have back up plans to fall back on. I've been wondering these past few weeks which way to push this search and for me this seems a positive way to do it that potentially packs the most punch in a short space of time and fits in easily with me without costing a lot for too little. So at the moment I'm pretty excited by the prospect of making this happen.

"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
Re: Chicken Kiev Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »
Good luck.

And better spell it Kyiv if you are meeting Ukrainian gals.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
Good luck.

Thanks ML, I'll just tell her I only learnt a bit of Russian ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline The Natural

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 01:22:26 PM »
I'm sure you mean well and all, but what I read is you do as much as possible in as short a time as possible and as cheeply as possible.
You do what you think you must do man, but what if you meet a prospect? What can you offer her in the way of a life of affluence in the west as she's pretty sure to envision?

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »
From the translit spelling of Kyiv to his dating techniques Trench never learns ..

I have just flown Wizz and the ladies were Hungarian, very polite - but certainly not 'hot'..  ( I appreciate that this is subjective)

Until Trenchie learns - he will be wasting his time and money and their ( any lady who actually meets him ) time ((

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »
I'm sure you mean well and all, but what I read is you do as much as possible in as short a time as possible and as cheeply as possible.
You do what you think you must do man, but what if you meet a prospect? What can you offer her in the way of a life of affluence in the west as she's pretty sure to envision?

Not meaning to cover old turf again. I am looking for a girl who is into me first and foremost. I'm not looking to lead with my wallet. I offer what I guess is an everyday UK lifestyle she'll either be satisfied with that or she won't. If she is not really into me then I guess she may not. The lifestyle I live is decent and not as poor as some have suggested on here.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 01:49:30 PM »
From the translit spelling of Kyiv to his dating techniques Trench never learns ..

I have just flown Wizz and the ladies were Hungarian, very polite - but certainly not 'hot'..  ( I appreciate that this is subjective)

Until Trenchie learns - he will be wasting his time and money and their ( any lady who actually meets him ) time ((

I'm sure they still better than the UK offering.

Mobe, end of the day it's all a question of coming across where there is chemistry. I can offer the girl a decent life in the UK, so my chances are reasonable enough. Sure there will girls who want a rich guy, they'll just have to be satisfied or move on, I've not got a problem with that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:58:13 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
That sounds good Trench, nice plan. Don't write them too much time before the flight.

Trench you wrote i want "a girl into me".

May you tell me, technically, how are goind to find out how she is into you (signs IOI)?

Other thing Trench, i was out of RWD two years and when i came back i saw that you wrote 3500 posts in a compressed time. Are you sure this time would be not used more efficiently? I mean personal development, sport, culture, learning russian whatever?

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
That sounds good Trench, nice plan. Don't write them too much time before the flight.

Trench you wrote i want "a girl into me".

May you tell me, technically, how are goind to find out how she is into you (signs IOI)?

Other thing Trench, i was out of RWD two years and when i came back i saw that you wrote 3500 posts in a compressed time. Are you sure this time would be not used more efficiently? I mean personal development, sport, culture, learning russian whatever?

You're right Pat, fortunately my job allows me to  do messages here and there in between my work without any problem to my job. I have both been learning (basic) Russian and squeezing in gym sessions wherever I can I currently go for approx 1 hour three times a week. I know that both can be useful and make it easier with finding a girl. That's stuff I wish I knew and got onti sooner but now is still ok. So I've progress a reasonable amount with both but still need to keep at it and let the time and effort take affect to give a better improvement in both.

With a girl it's just a case of seeing her reactions to me, gaging her interest, her intent and that quick flirty eye contact. Anything else and I'll be going on yellow alert.

Good point in you mentioning not writing too long before I fly or they will want to spend the whole weekend with me each, yeah I was thinking of that one earlier also, lol. Strange that  they work like that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:36:09 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 02:36:45 PM »
I'm sure they still better than the UK offering.

Mobe, end of the day it's all a question of coming across where there is chemistry. I can offer the girl a decent life in the UK, so my chances are reasonable enough. Sure there will girls who want a rich guy, they'll just have to be satisfied or move on, I've not got a problem with that.

You keep referring to 'Chemistry'

This passion thing can and WILL wear off when she finds out you are a misogynist ..  You have a track record

Until you deal with YOUR issues - you will not see that you can't pull ANYWHERE

The UK has plenty of hot lasses - they just see through you quicker - given the common language

Offline The Natural

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 02:55:05 PM »
Whjuat the fuick!!!

I wrote a Whole bunch and it's all ....gone...what is happening With this site?
You have to Write and then copy and paste and save it somewhere?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:18:23 PM by AnonMod »

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »
Good luck.

And what is your recent experiences been with girls ???

I normally use Kiev, or Kharkov or Odessa and have never been corrected by any girl. Now some foreign person who is in love with Ukraine might try to correct me. If there is a girl who I know uses the Ukrainian spelling I would try to remember to do the same.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 03:16:46 PM »

And what is your recent experiences been with girls ???

I normally use Kiev, or Kharkov or Odessa and have never been corrected by any girl. Now some foreign person who is in love with Ukraine might try to correct me. If there is a girl who I know uses the Ukrainian spelling I would try to remember to do the same.

Mine was recent enough to know how to exit Borispil arrivals and find the bus to the centre ... unlike your 'advice' ...

I was corrected for saying Spasibo - but VERY diplomatically, 'DYAH-koo-yoo' by a lady in a shop... in 'Kyiv'

Yours and my govt's Embassy's spell it 'Kyiv'

So, it seems we have different experiences ...  but only one of us is being stubborn is the face of what most Ukrainians see / expect

But they tolerate westerners who don't understand / realise - for most it isn't a big deal .... but you might like to try ...

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 03:27:44 PM »

Mine was recent enough to know how to exit Borispil arrivals and find the bus to the centre ... unlike your 'advice' ...

I was corrected for saying Spasibo - but VERY diplomatically, 'DYAH-koo-yoo' by a lady in a shop... in 'Kyiv'

So, it seems we have different experiences ...  but only one of us is being stubborn is the face of what most Ukrainians see / expect

But they tolerate westerners who don't understand / realise - for most it isn't a big deal .... but you might like to try ...
There is new dedicated train since the end of 2018 to reach the city center from Boryspol. I think it's every hour. The bus is also not so bad;
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline LAman

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »

I've spent a lot more time in Ukraine than you.
For some it is important to use Ukrainian spelling I understand that but very few times does a girl really care, especially if SHE is one to write using Russian spelling. How many times have you dated in Ukraine?

Wow, finding the bus to centre??? You could actually run right into it without even knowing...it is right on street as you leave outside arrivals hall. Now if you took the train, I would be more impressed.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 03:33:15 PM »
You're right Pat, fortunately my job allows me to  do messages here and there in between my work without any problem to my job. I have both been learning (basic) Russian and squeezing in gym sessions wherever I can I currently go for approx 1 hour three times a week. I know that both can be useful and make it easier with finding a girl. That's stuff I wish I knew and got onti sooner but now is still ok. So I've progress a reasonable amount with both but still need to keep at it and let the time and effort take affect to give a better improvement in both.

With a girl it's just a case of seeing her reactions to me, gaging her interest, her intent and that quick flirty eye contact. Anything else and I'll be going on yellow alert.

Good point in you mentioning not writing too long before I fly or they will want to spend the whole weekend with me each, yeah I was thinking of that one earlier also, lol. Strange that  they work like that.
Trench, i was very accurate in my question, and your answer don't give me satisfaction.So let me remind you : IOI indicator of interest.
See my trip "operation white panther page, in the beginning", there is an example of a date with many IOI.
read it to understand.

So the question, more accurately : WHICH REACTIONS? flirty eye contact what is it exactly (we do some science here Trench, we don't buy a slice of ham among one fifthy at the supermarket.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 03:34:44 PM »

I've spent a lot more time in Ukraine than you.
For some it is important to use Ukrainian spelling I understand that but very few times does a girl really care, especially if SHE is one to write using Russian spelling. How many times have you dated in Ukraine?

Wow, finding the bus to centre??? You could actually run right into it without even knowing...it is right on street as you leave outside arrivals hall. Now if you took the train, I would be more impressed.
You also can use the non official taxi for twice less at least, they are the end of the terminal, on a parking.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 03:34:49 PM »

Can depend on the girl, there are Ukrainian-Ukrainian girls then there are Ukrainian-Russian girls usually by ancestral decent or change over time. Ukrainian-Russian girls will most likely prefer to hear Russian and be comfortable with it. As you no doubt know most Ukrainian-Ukrainian people are in the west of Ukraine and most Ukrainian-Russian are in the east and of course either can be found anywhere in Ukraine. The Ukrainian government we hear is trying to Ukrainify Ukraine by moving to the Ukrainian language, independence for Ukrainian Orthodox church from the Russian Orthodox Church, etc. End of the day though there is still enough go in the Russian language in Ukraine to use it. If the girl had a real grip with it and it was getting into a LTR situation but end of the day I don't have the time to learn lots of separate languages nor find learning material from which to learn Ukrainian language not in comparison to the far greater amount of Russian language learning stuff out there.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 03:37:19 PM »
You also can use the non official taxi for twice less at least, they are the end of the terminal, on a parking.

Believe they have a train these days or Uber type of apps even. Wonderful not to have to use all those taxi buggers anymore, official ones included.

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 03:47:15 PM »
Can depend on the girl, there are Ukrainian-Ukrainian girls then there are Ukrainian-Russian girls usually by ancestral decent or change over time. Ukrainian-Russian girls will most likely prefer to hear Russian and be comfortable with it. As you no doubt know most Ukrainian-Ukrainian people are in the west of Ukraine and most Ukrainian-Russian are in the east and of course either can be found anywhere in Ukraine. The Ukrainian government we hear is trying to Ukrainify Ukraine by moving to the Ukrainian language, independence for Ukrainian Orthodox church from the Russian Orthodox Church, etc. End of the day though there is still enough go in the Russian language in Ukraine to use it. If the girl had a real grip with it and it was getting into a LTR situation but end of the day I don't have the time to learn lots of separate languages nor find learning material from which to learn Ukrainian language not in comparison to the far greater amount of Russian language learning stuff out there.

You learn nothing, Trench

You are going to Kyiv - not Donbas

Ukrainian has been taught as the primary lingo for 20 years in most places and it is THE official nation's lingo..

The military take-over  of Crimea and Kremlin away games in Donbas have polarised families and I have experience of going to Ukraine and watching the gradual preference to Ukrainian over the 15+ years I've been going .. In the early noughties - after the Orange Revolution I wanted many RU speakers rush to learn Ukrainian - as they knew it would be important or it became a badge of identity ..

There is no stigma away from Donbas to speaking either lingo - but IF you are going to write the name of the capital city in it's English translit format - why would you ignore how your nations spells it ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 03:52:55 PM »
You learn nothing, Trench

You are going to Kyiv - not Donbas

Ukrainian has been taught as the primary lingo for 20 years in most places and it is THE official nation's lingo..

The military take-over  of Crimea and Kremlin away games in Donbas have polarised families and I have experience of going to Ukraine and watching the gradual preference to Ukrainian over the 15+ years I've been going .. In the early noughties - after the Orange Revolution I wanted many RU speakers rush to learn Ukrainian - as they knew it would be important or it became a badge of identity ..

There is no stigma away from Donbas to speaking either lingo - but IF you are going to write the name of the capital city in it's English translit format - why would you ignore how your nations spells it ?

I'm not going to argue with you all night on the language. The main point is that most Ukrainians will know Russian also. Seeing I have only a basic grasp of Russian I not so far in it would be wasting a lot to learn Ukrainian if it became a bug bear of a girl. Seeing as most girls need to learn English to a good level it's not the most pressing issue.

Offline LAman

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 03:55:02 PM »

Since you want to be 'PC', why don't you use the Ukrainian transliteration for the airport 'BORYSPIL' instead of your combination of Russian/Ukrainian spelling.... Borispil.

Unless someone here with better knowledge of spelling than me, you are welcome to correct me.

Offline LAman

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 03:56:52 PM »

If using taxi, best is use app company, either Uber or uklon. Unfortunately you need go upstairs to meet taxi ride.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 03:57:15 PM »
moby wasn't referring to you learning a language.  He was referring to your wildly inaccurate statement on the number of Russians in Ukraine.

Currently, 88% of those in Ukraine identify as ethnically Ukrainian, about 8% as Russian.  Ukrainians have always been the majority population in every region of Ukraine, but for Donbas and the Crimea.  With the former now deciding it is "independent", and the latter invaded by Russia and annexed, the majority of the population in Ukraine, in every region, is ethnically Ukrainian, and identify as such.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 05:03:33 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 04:59:14 PM »
Whjuat the fuick!!!

I wrote a Whole bunch and it's all ....gone...what is happening With this site?
You have to Write and then copy and paste and save it somewhere?

Try writing when you are sober :deadhorse:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1971
Total: 1981

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM