It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 473101 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2275 on: August 16, 2018, 08:10:28 AM »
multi-cultural english, jafaican
yes love it, even the body language that goes with it
didn't know it was called that, I guess folks is like polite with me
never heard actual cockney except in movies
at least with multi-cultural english, a foreigner can follow easily
but cockney, no way
my family has a very soft Rochdale accent

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2276 on: August 16, 2018, 08:27:15 AM »
multi-cultural english, jafaican
yes love it, even the body language that goes with it
didn't know it was called that, I guess folks is like polite with me
never heard actual cockney except in movies
at least with multi-cultural english, a foreigner can follow easily
but cockney, no way
my family has a very soft Rochdale accent
I’ll stick with RP, thanks.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2277 on: August 16, 2018, 08:35:56 AM »
quite...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2278 on: August 16, 2018, 01:07:33 PM »
Well to be honest I'm not really into marking girls as 7, 8, 10 but it's the easiest way to express how things are I guess. I know they are probably roughly ratung me. This is the big problem of online dating that you often need to just get your foot in the door I'm finding, keep on casual stuff you can't be judge on too much early on and once they get to know you they tend to drop the rating stuff somewhat, no doubt like we do unless you really start to disappoint I think.

Well on the London East End accent Krim I think you have it more sounding like a black or muslim type of guy tends to talk - I find a lot of the way they talk tends to get mistaken for east end accent perhaps even by themselves if they have grown up on London.

I was originally born in Maidstone and grew up there for a number of years before my family moved to the South Coast of England. It's just a little east outside of London but still in the county of Kent where East London is and I guess the heart of the East London/Cockney accent. My English teacher in High School told me I have an accent similar to an East London accent. Similar in that both the East London accent and the Maidstone/Kentish accent there is a tendency for the speaker to drop the 't' of a lit of the words he or she pronounces. Not so much if the word starts with a 't' so they would say 'rain' instead of 'train' lol or they wouldn't be understood by many people at all but instead words with 't' in the middle or at the end wit the 't' ending up a soft 't' you ba rely if at all hear. So 'ain't' might be pronounced 'ain' or the word 'critter' would likely be pronounced crit..er with less emphasis on the 't'.

For years I used to have people come up and know exactly where I was from just from hearing me speak. Not a lot but occasionally and I could be miles away from any where near London or the county of Kent.

I have an Uncle that has lived in the East End all his life and he never uses any Cockney slang, he probably knows some but I think it's something that has grown up recently. I don't think a lot of genuine East Enders speak it as tradition it's more of just a fun thing that has come along the way I think.

I'm not sure if I have a Kent accent now, I've lived away from the area so long I've probably lost it a fair bit, I have had anyone say anything in years so probably less noticeable now if at all. Main thing I think if you are going to try and fake the accent I think is too not overdo it and try too hard. I find it is almost a dead give away if someone is too deliberate in their emphasis of it, they really talk if up a lot more than they should - a lot of blacks/Muslims living in London may do this to sound more London than they actually are. So you've got to relax when doing it, less is more as they say. So not too much pointed emphasis on words you drop the 't' on like 'ain't'. Just say whatever the sentence is in one flowing motion with pretty much the same pitch and tone throughout, then you'll come off as proper cockney ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:17:22 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #2279 on: August 16, 2018, 01:14:12 PM »
I know Kent well!
used to sit on a roof and watch the ships
talk about architecture!!!!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2280 on: August 16, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
I know Kent well!
used to sit on a roof and watch the ships
talk about architecture!!!!

They have some pretty towns & villages in Kent and off course all the Oast houses are lovely, many of which have been converted to dwellings now.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #2281 on: August 16, 2018, 01:24:34 PM »

I was originally born in Maidstone

My best mate of 47 years lives there and I reckon you live in Hants / Dorset, now  - no need to confirm - which is scary given my youngest lives there :)))

She is 19 and her b/f of two years is of the same age group ....   

Sort of blows your notion that good looking Brit lasses would be looking for a 'rich' guy with a car and house ... :D

..and NO ..I'm not worried about anyone trying to find her ..even sting23 ..as it's an image SHE posted

Online krimster2

« Reply #2282 on: August 16, 2018, 01:52:06 PM »
WOW! what an absolutely LOVELY girl!!!!!!!!
a true English "rose"
I assume in University....
and that she takes after her mother appearance wise  :)

I bet she has a personality to match her appearance
i remove my hat and curtsy...
don't worry, 19 is too old for you know who....
(seriously, did he post another cemetery story, any good?)

trench, if you have an east end accent and NOT "RP" that could be a problem!!!
I know that some people are VERY judgemental about that, some are in my family
look at John Gaunt above...
if you're from Kent, wouldn't you have southern UK English, I've heard this accent and it sounds fine even for the judgemental types
but an east end accent would NOT be fine

never heard the term multi-cultural English accent or Jaflacan (which I assume is derogatory, hope I just didn't say the "N" word for the UK

but it's what i've heard spoken in London, seems to be a generational thing, only younger people speak this
and I'm pretty sure back in the 70s it didn't sound this way at ALL!!

I like this accent, it just seems to flow for me...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:59:56 PM by krimster2 »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2283 on: August 16, 2018, 02:07:56 PM »
Well to be honest I'm not really into marking girls as 7, 8, 10 but it's the easiest way to express how things are I guess. I know they are probably roughly ratung me. This is the big problem of online dating that you often need to just get your foot in the door I'm finding, keep on casual stuff you can't be judge on too much early on and once they get to know you they tend to drop the rating stuff somewhat, no doubt like we do unless you really start to disappoint I think.

Well on the London East End accent Krim I think you have it more sounding like a black or muslim type of guy tends to talk - I find a lot of the way they talk tends to get mistaken for east end accent perhaps even by themselves if they have grown up on London.
It’s called the MLE accent- a fusion of African, Asian, East End. More cultural enrichment.....
I was originally born in Maidstone and grew up there for a number of years before my family moved to the South Coast of England. It's just a little east outside of London but still in the county of Kent where East London is and I guess the heart of the East London/Cockney accent. My English teacher in High School told me I have an accent similar to an East London accent. Similar in that both the East London accent and the Maidstone/Kentish accent there is a tendency for the speaker to drop the 't' of a lit of the words he or she pronounces. Not so much if the word starts with a 't' so they would say 'rain' instead of 'train' lol or they wouldn't be understood by many people at all but instead words with 't' in the middle or at the end wit the 't' ending up a soft 't' you ba rely if at all hear. So 'ain't' might be pronounced 'ain' or the word 'critter' would likely be pronounced crit..er with less emphasis on the 't'.

For years I used to have people come up and know exactly where I was from just from hearing me speak. Not a lot but occasionally and I could be miles away from any where near London or the county of Kent.

I have an Uncle that has lived in the East End all his life and he never uses any Cockney slang, he probably knows some but I think it's something that has grown up recently. I don't think a lot of genuine East Enders speak it as tradition it's more of just a fun thing that has come along the way I think.

I'm not sure if I have a Kent accent now, I've lived away from the area so long I've probably lost it a fair bit, I have had anyone say anything in years so probably less noticeable now if at all. Main thing I think if you are going to try and fake the accent I think is too not overdo it and try too hard. I find it is almost a dead give away if someone is too deliberate in their emphasis of it, they really talk if up a lot more than they should - a lot of blacks/Muslims living in London may do this to sound more London than they actually are. So you've got to relax when doing it, less is more as they say. So not too much pointed emphasis on words you drop the 't' on like 'ain't'. Just say whatever the sentence is in one flowing motion with pretty much the same pitch and tone throughout, then you'll come off as proper cockney ;)
That doesn’t make sense. South Coast is Brighton way, east of London you’re talking Dartford/Gravesend, both s**t holes, if you ask me.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2284 on: August 16, 2018, 02:14:19 PM »
a true English "rose"

i remove my hat and curtsy...
don't worry, 19 is too old for you know who....
(seriously, did he post another cemetery story, any good?)

trench, if you have an east end accent and NOT "RP" that could be a problem!!!
I know that some people are VERY judgemental about that, some are in my family
look at John Gaunt above...

if you're from Kent, wouldn't you have southern UK English, I've heard this accent and it sounds fine even for the judgemental types
but an east end accent would NOT be fine

never heard the term multi-cultural English accent or Jaflacan (which I assume is derogatory, hope I just didn't say the "N" word for the UK

but it's what i've heard spoken in London, seems to be a generational thing, only younger people speak this
and I'm pretty sure back in the 70s it didn't sound this way at ALL!!

I like this accent, it just seems to flow for me...
Of course, people are judgemental. About everything, your clothes, shoes, appearance, accent. We don’t go around sniffing arseholes like dogs do so our visual and audio clues give us the information we need about the people we encounter.

Trench’s accent is the least of his problems, I suspect know.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:16:19 PM by John Gaunt »

Offline msmob

« Reply #2285 on: August 16, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »
a true English "rose"

Her Dad's parentage Irish .. her Ma's 50 percent Irish - so the 'English' part is only 25 % ))

Ha !  I wish ..  Her older sis is the academic .. #2 has her Mum's biz acumen and looks ... ?  Pretty much mostly Ma ..

Feisty.. opinionated, confident and prone to shock from the earliest age...   )

Online krimster2

« Reply #2286 on: August 16, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »
please don't tell me that on top of how beautiful she is,  that she also has an Irish accent, that would be overkill!
unfair to all other women

Online krimster2

« Reply #2287 on: August 16, 2018, 05:39:45 PM »
“We don’t go around sniffing arseholes like dogs do”

well...
on second thought, never mind....

Online krimster2

« Reply #2288 on: August 16, 2018, 05:49:41 PM »
John,

embrace the world John, it's the only one you have...

however, if you like the good ole days, you can always move to Essex

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2289 on: August 16, 2018, 06:10:30 PM »
Jay & Moby,

Get a tent, bring vaseline.

Go to Cornwall, today or tomorrow.

"You guys can be tent mates, tell all of RWD about all the great rides you had.

Av
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Online krimster2

« Reply #2290 on: August 16, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »
"Get a tent, bring vaseline."

what is it you had in mind?  :o

Offline Jumper

« Reply #2291 on: August 16, 2018, 08:58:05 PM »
please don't tell me that on top of how beautiful she is,  that she also has an Irish accent, that would be overkill!

My first wife was Irish. (Passed away)
An amazing women everyone loved.
I fell for her in about a day..lol granted she felt the same so we never really parted after that first meeting ,love at first sight and all that. It does occur.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2292 on: August 16, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »
very sorry for your loss, I don't want to imagine what that must feel like

"love at first sight and all that. It does occur."

yes, yes, and it's one of life's most beautiful experiences
not everyone gets to share it, world would be such a better place if they did
thank you for reminding me how precious life is, and how transitory...
but now I has the sadz and should go play with the dog to feel better

Offline JayH

« Reply #2293 on: August 16, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »
Jay & Moby,

Av

Is that aimed at me?   Or the J in John Gaunt?
No idea what that post is about.

I did not comment on the surfing issue in the expectation that someone would actually know something about it !  It seems the answer was a NO !!

There is quite a lot of surfing in the UK  -- some years ago I recall seeing --particularly in Wales -- and I saw surfing gear being sold in many stores that I attended in relation to my more specific interests. There are also UK surfing mags and a UK surf industry.
I know of many places that surfing is very real in UK.

The 15 Best Surfing Destinations in the United Kingdom

When we think of great surfing destinations, most of us think Hawaii, Bali, Australia, Portugal or something along those lines, right? A place where the sun is shining pretty much all the time, the weather is never too cold and the scenery is nothing short of amazing. But did you know that the United Kingdom is also an awesome surf destination?

It is home to hundreds of surf beaches, even though the weather may not be to everyone’s liking. Did you know that it is not summer, but autumn, when the best waves can be caught in the UK? BookSurfCamps presents 15 of the best surfing destinations in the United Kingdom so that all the surfers out there will know which way to head this autumn!

http://www.booksurfcamps.com/news/best-surfing-destinations-uk

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #2294 on: August 16, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
Jay & Moby,

Av

I presume our BdHvA is referring to surf boards ... ?     

He's not been too good at reading responses to his rather ignorant posts :popcorn:

Offline msmob

« Reply #2295 on: August 16, 2018, 10:24:43 PM »

))  No Irish accent .. born in England ... but a Francophile and living it up in Paris, right now

Offline msmob

« Reply #2296 on: August 16, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »
Is that aimed at me?   Or the J in John Gaunt?
No idea what that post is about.

Our BdHvA does seem somewhat confused, recently - doesn't he ?

Online krimster2

« Reply #2297 on: August 16, 2018, 10:48:23 PM »
wow! 19 yr old and living in Paris, wow!!!
and of course you can hop on the eurostar and visit

I had a short term contract in Toulouse, Republique Francaise
probably 10% of the employees in "aerospace alley" were young brits
I thought they had the most AMAZING life, bi-lingual, urbane, spent their holidays on the Côte d'Azur or skiing in the alps
not bad for middle class kids fresh out of university
and your country gave this up...

Offline msmob

« Reply #2298 on: August 16, 2018, 11:15:18 PM »
wow! 19 yr old and living in Paris, wow!!!

on her holidays ( vacation ) !

and your country gave this up...

Don't mention the 'B' word ... at least they can be Irish and retain all the good of an EU passport and the Irish will never need a Visa for the UK

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2299 on: August 17, 2018, 12:24:53 AM »
My best mate of 47 years lives there and I reckon you live in Hants / Dorset, now  - no need to confirm - which is scary given my youngest lives there :)))

She is 19 and her b/f of two years is of the same age group ....   

Sort of blows your notion that good looking Brit lasses would be looking for a 'rich' guy with a car and house ... :D

..and NO ..I'm not worried about anyone trying to find her ..even sting23 ..as it's an image SHE posted

Pretty girl, Bournemouth Uni student perhaps?

Well if it's not money then she's probably gone fir a Mr Personality type of guy, a bit 'in crowdy'.

Let me guess, she posted the photo on Instagram ;D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2812
Total: 2822

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM