It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I landed in Kiev yesterday.  (Read 14290 times)

Offline cc3

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: I landed in Kiev yesterday.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 12:57:49 PM »
ok I'm sorry for this, but for me NOT being an American your post only makes me think about...............
"OK I am fat, ugly, poor and without teeths.. BUT I'm an American - everyone wants me"

I have nothing further to add to this conversation  :rolleyes:

Up yours! The US is about the same obesity level as Saudi Arabia: http://obesity.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004371#II

Parenthetically, I am from Colorado, the leanest state in the US...obesity rate about the same as that of Greece.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »
Up yours! The US is about the same obesity level as Saudi Arabia: http://obesity.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004371#II

Parenthetically, I am from Colorado, the leanest state in the US...obesity rate about the same as that of Greece.
Yeah Arabs and Greeks are fat bastards too.  :-X
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
I think our intrepid hero should enjoy Ukraine and not worry about meeting Mrs. Wright.  It sounds like he is on an adventure and should soak in the culture.  The likelihood of him finding someone without advance contact is like winning the lottery here in the States.  It can be done, but it is VERY unlikely.

Any efforts at contacting women will almost certainly fail.  His English grammar usage is worse than most of the Ukrainian and Russian women I have communicated with.  And to make a contact, other than for pay, in Kyiv, is going to require some fast footwork. 

Having said that, one thing that has worked is to walk directly into a marriage agency and ask to find someone who is really interested in marrying.  Most of the gals who use agencies are there only for a paycheck.  But one or two would be interested in meeting someone.

Read his post above.  He's already got a date with a ladies sister, because he struck up a convo with her brother-in-law.  He's got cajones and I think he will do just fine.  Sure maybe he paid way too much to the taxi driver, but he's moving on.

Offline jone

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 01:28:50 PM »
Read his post above.  He's already got a date with a ladies sister, because he struck up a convo with her brother-in-law.  He's got cajones and I think he will do just fine.  Sure maybe he paid way too much to the taxi driver, but he's moving on.

Could be.  And I salute him for trying.

When I was in Niko three summers ago (can't believe its been that long) I spent time with a guy who taught the locals English.  His wife decided she was going to set me up with some of her friends.   The problem was, I wasn't in Niko to meet some guy's wife's girlfriends as they were all in their 40s or beyond.  The simple fact is that my goal was to meet someone extraordinary. 

Glad I held out.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »
Could be.  And I salute him for trying.

When I was in Niko three summers ago (can't believe its been that long) I spent time with a guy who taught the locals English.  His wife decided she was going to set me up with some of her friends.   The problem was, I wasn't in Niko to meet some guy's wife's girlfriends as they were all in their 40s or beyond.  The simple fact is that my goal was to meet someone extraordinary

Glad I held out.

You mean younger?  We're all holding out... :devil:

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 01:44:27 PM »
You mean younger?  We're all holding out... :devil:
Its hard not to when every girl in their 20:s in Ukraine and Russia wants you even if - or because - you are a fat old bastard..

I know this is true, its like this on every PPL site.. if the girl is 20-22 she looks for guys being 30-70   :P

my posts might contain a small amount of irony, if that is not obvious
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline jone

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
Oh, I think that by selecting a woman from Eastern Europe, you have a slight advantage that you would not have in the West.  I am not positive what that advantage is, but it I like to think it moves a man one level up from the normal playing field of women he would be paired with if he were looking in his native country.  Inasmuch as I found the woman I'm with in my home state, and she is also from Eastern Europe, is just a lucky confluence of events.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Shadow

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »
Oh, I think that by selecting a woman from Eastern Europe, you have a slight advantage that you would not have in the West.  I am not positive what that advantage is, but it I like to think it moves a man one level up from the normal playing field of women he would be paired with if he were looking in his native country.  Inasmuch as I found the woman I'm with in my home state, and she is also from Eastern Europe, is just a lucky confluence of events.
Most women consider them selves moving at least one level up as well.
While not fully unimportant, women consider looks as less valuable than being a good privider for her and possible children. In fact some women prefer the worse looking specimens because they get less chances to be the unfaithful bastards all men are believed to be.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 03:34:31 PM »
Most women consider them selves moving at least one level up as well.
While not fully unimportant, women consider looks as less valuable than being a good privider for her and possible children. In fact some women prefer the worse looking specimens because they get less chances to be the unfaithful bastards all men are believed to be.

Thank God!  I have a chance!

:ROFL:

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »
Thank God!  I have a chance!

:ROFL:

Perhaps not Quasimoto!  :rolleyes:

They do have standards!  :cluebat:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 05:35:45 PM »
I am sorry but I still stand by the fact that The country is an ice-breaker. I am not talking about a passport, we have a reputation of hard work, ingenuity, and certain values.

Yes, and in Ukraine some of those certain values pertain to what the locals refer to as "sex tourists."  There is also the novelty value - are Americans really the big, bad wolves described in so much detail by every part of the media, or the idiots scammed to within an inch of their lives by so-called "marriage" agencies?

If someone thinks that is not an ice-breaker, I feel sorry for you. Realize that the good reputation of AM as husbands/boyfriends is forefront in these ladies minds.

For crying out loud!  What fortune cookie have you been reading?  American husbands/boyfriends, in general, are no different from those anywhere around the world.  Although the girls you meet in Ukraine may possibly have friends who have married Americans and gone to live happily in the USA, they are also aware of the cases (drummed up by the local media) where Olga or Anastasia or Julia has gone with her husband and been sexually enslaved or beaten to death.

we all use it as an ice-breaker to some extent. Now that extent will vary, some will not flaunt it themselves, but saying it does not exist too my mind is just foolish.

The ice-breaker that you talk about can get stopped in its tracks if the ice is too deep.  The novelty value of being a Westerner can swing both ways - some will talk to you because they're curious; others will go out of their way to avoid you.

I myself will use the reputation of western men as a ice-breaker (or a reason to talk with a RW/UW) all day, but only as an ice-breaker!

Now you're switching from the value of being an American to simply that of a (any) Western man.  If you believe this particular statement, why does it matter so much to you that you need to display the fact that you're American?

All I know if I am having a great time, have a date with a ladies sister who I met because her brother-in-law struck up a conversation with an American. If she did not know I was American, would I have even had the opportunity to meet her?

I'm sincerely glad that you're having a good time, but you're looking at this date the wrong way.  It (probably) doesn't matter that you're American - the guy simply struck up a conversation with you, presumably after hearing you speak English.  He almost certainly doesn't care in the slightest that you're American - simply that the two of you talked, you seemed reasonably harmless, and he feels that you and the lady may have an interesting time together.  She must speak pretty good English or he wouldn't have bothered.  Whether it turns into half a dinner before one of you runs out the door, or you're engaged to be married after a night of the best sex you've ever had, doesn't matter - you still have the opportunity.  And you may have more through the networks that they and their families have established over many years.

Good luck!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
One question though; I was talking with a girl on "hotrussianbrides" and now that I am in Kiev, they are not accepting my login normal?

You think that taxi driver who scammed you for a few dollars was rough? HRB(HotRussianBrides) is bad news. No telling how much you lost doing business with them.

HRB doesn't exist in the FSU. They don't want the women there to view that website which tend to portray women as sex objects. I forgot the company name they're using in the FSU to get women in the FSU to sign up but even they know no marriage minded women would sign up for a company named HRB. Would you sign up on a site called "HornyAmericanGrooms"?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline bigdeg

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
Hello All,
 I do not know if I will do a trip report, maybe I will next month. If I do I will rename it the "Forest Gump Report." I am having a blast here. I still think my Forest Gump method is good for me, even if I am going against the holy bible of "do it my way." I stole the name :"Forest Gump method" its kind of catchy.
 Oh by the way, if anyone wants good Greek food, try "grill kebab" straight down the hill from hotel Dnipro.
Thanks to everyone for the contructive help, even if I didn't agree- I still listened.
Dale

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
Hello All,
 I do not know if I will do a trip report, maybe I will next month. If I do I will rename it the "Forest Gump Report." I am having a blast here. I still think my Forest Gump method is good for me, even if I am going against the holy bible of "do it my way." I stole the name :"Forest Gump method" its kind of catchy.
 Oh by the way, if anyone wants good Greek food, try "grill kebab" straight down the hill from hotel Dnipro.
Thanks to everyone for the contructive help, even if I didn't agree- I still listened.
Dale

There's more then one way to skin a cat, keep the posts coming.  I like that "Forest Gump method".  Funny stuff.  There might be rules but the most important rule is just be yourself.  Good job.   :popcorn:

Offline bigdeg

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2015, 06:02:34 AM »
There's more then one way to skin a cat, keep the posts coming.  I like that "Forest Gump method".  Funny stuff.  There might be rules but the most important rule is just be yourself.  Good job.   :popcorn:
Hello again all,
It is a great day over here, very sunny and halfway warm, Sunday is woman's day and I will be having a blast. Remember the #1 rule is be a MAN, that don't mean be stupid (read what all these learned men have to say), but have some backbone, get on a plane, and do it your way, or their way, but just do it!

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »

One of the most obvious differences, contrasting
Kyiv to USA is that there are a lot more
Overweight people here. She was stunned
at a Hometown Buffet. The visuals. The strategy
of large piles of food.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0