It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1084195 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1275 on: December 22, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »
They showed up in Donbass.  They were the ones who started the war there.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1276 on: December 22, 2014, 08:49:37 PM »
Listen AK47have used by both Ukraine and Russia ( Beroussua and all FSU armies)
Yes, but that is not what is doing the most damage in the region.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1277 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »
Why is huilo not tell his population to blame the Saudis like he is with the Americans?
After all it is the low oil prices that is killing him much more than the effects of the sanctions...

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/saudi-oil-minister-hints-russia-doesnt-deserve-market-share-2014-12

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1278 on: December 22, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »
Obama - fraud that he is - is taking credit for Saudi economic damage to Russia. 

Now Mendy and JayH will defend Obama's peanut throw to Poroshenko but friends of Euromaidan, can I ask you one question?

- Why is it that the gravy sucking Palestinians who hate America are getting twice as much aid as the Ukrainians who love America?

Racism, my b!tches.

Own it Muzh.

(Romney was right.)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1279 on: December 23, 2014, 12:14:50 AM »
Obama - fraud that he is - is taking credit for Saudi economic damage to Russia. 

Now Mendy and JayH will defend Obama's peanut throw to Poroshenko but friends of Euromaidan, can I ask you one question?

- Why is it that the gravy sucking Palestinians who hate America are getting twice as much aid as the Ukrainians who love America?

Racism, my b!tches.

Own it Muzh.

(Romney was right.)

You have opened the door!! Much as AC wants to contest my forecasts ( and you) -- I commented on exactly this topic back in about April( approx) and repeated the comments numerous times.
FWIW-- after the Crimean invasion and the threatening behaviour in general of Russia-- Obama did a swing thru the EU talking to leaders--then on the way home to US--he went where? You got it--to Saudi.
I commented on exactly this and the future collapse in oil prices.
Any student of history of the 80/90's will tell you what precipitated the collapse of the old Soviet Union- you got it again-the collapse of oil price.It has commonly been attributed to the US's doing back then-- so hardly a surprise that this strategy was top of the playbook again-- for the same reason--to bring Russia into line.
Earlier in the year the pro-Rus apologists were crowing how Russian gas and oil made them untouchable and nothing the west could do about it. Look at what has happened in a very short time--western actions ( as a result of Russian invasion of Ukraine) have bought the Russians to their knees in remarkably short time. I said within a year-- and it is 6 months ahead of schedule the pain scale they are feeling now--and it is only the tip of the pressure they will feel.
Russia's attempt to use gas as a bullying tool has backfired big time- all it achieved was to set all countries using Russian gas on a path to find a source that was reliable-- and accelerated investment on projects in the pipeline.net result it will not be long that there is any market west of them.The oil story is there for all to see. Two fundamental planks of the Russian economy have been lost in record time-- and combined with the lack of cash reserves Russia will be in crisis not too far into the future.
Your question on aid--already answered numerous times in numerous threads  .I have already commented that this year the new governments of Ukraine and Poroshenko have done ok in incredibly difficult situation.So all in all-yes -Obama and his administration have done well in using the economic tools available to them.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1280 on: December 23, 2014, 01:21:39 AM »
I can not even grasp why on earth do you expect rest of the world to bother about hardships of Russians?
Russia wouldn't be what it is today without so many brainwashed russian idiots supporting their power-obsessed-grab-the-land-kill-the-neighbors-schizophrenic-idol. You including. Few months back you was bragging how russians are ready to eat dirt rather than stop the aggression. So what change? Dirt is not tasty enough? Try it with shirtless-on-the-horse-psychotic-cuckoo-nut photos, that will spice up any russian dirt!
Its funny how suddenly everyone should blame politics instead of people when those people just few months back were yelling how much they support those politics.

:clapping:    :clapping:    :clapping:

Offline Misha

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1281 on: December 23, 2014, 01:26:58 AM »
Why is huilo not tell his population to blame the Saudis like he is with the Americans?
After all it is the low oil prices that is killing him much more than the effects of the sanctions...

Together, however, they give quite the punch. Russia is hurting because of the drop in revenue and Russian companies can't refinance by borrowing from Wester sources (sanctions) and therefore must seek money from the Russian state to refinance. Giving money to corporations will drain the reserves slowly but surely, while pushing the rouble down because they have to convert roubles to dollars or Euros to pay off debt. This in turn force the Russian Central Bank to spend even more of its reserves to prop up the rouble...

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1282 on: December 23, 2014, 01:30:27 AM »

Together, however, they give quite the punch. Russia is hurting because of the drop in revenue and Russian companies can't refinance by borrowing from Wester sources (sanctions) and therefore must seek money from the Russian state to refinance. Giving money to corporations will drain the reserves slowly but surely, while pushing the rouble down because they have to convert roubles to dollars or Euros to pay off debt. This in turn force the Russian Central Bank to spend even more of its reserves to prop up the rouble...

My estimate is that within 6 to 8 months those foreign reserves will be completely gone.  Russian companies will start going bankrupt.  The depression of 2015 for Russia is going to make 1998 look like a picnic.

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1283 on: December 23, 2014, 01:35:31 AM »
I'd wager the Smolny is not the ship the Kremlin were hoping these Russian sailors would be sailing home from France on.

So far France is continuing to do their part for the cause...

Russian Mistral sailors head home from France

..."Some 400 Russian sailors training to operate the Mistral-class warship left France for home on Thursday, with still no official decision in Paris over whether to deliver the vessel to Russia.

In blue uniform and matching berets, the sailors boarded the training ship Smolny, which will take them home from the western French port of Saint-Nazaire.

Last month, French President Francois Hollande postponed "until further notice" the delivery of the first of the two warships.

The first assault ship - which can carry 16 helicopters, four landing crafts, 13 tanks, 450 soldiers and a hospital - was supposed to be delivered in November, according to the original deal signed in 2011.

But as the crisis in Ukraine deepened amid accusations of Russian meddling in the east of the country, France was pressured by its allies to delay the delivery of the warships.

Hollande faces a serious dilemma over the Mistrals as France could be liable for hefty fines if it breaches the 1.2-billion-euro contract.

However, if Hollande decides to go ahead with the delivery France could annoy its allies around the world."...

http://www.english.rfi.fr/asia-pacific/20141218-russian-mistral-sailors-head-home-france

The Russian government's throwing a bit of a temper tantrum though...

Russia tells France to hand over warship or return cash

..."Russia's government pressured France on Saturday to either hand over the first of two Mistral-class warships it has suspended due to the crisis in Ukraine or pay back the money before the new year.

"We would be content with either development: the Mistrals or the return of all the invested money," Russian Deputy Defence Minister Yury Borisov told Interfax news agency.

"It doesn't matter if the calendar shows 31 December 2014 or 1 January 2015, but we are waiting for France's decision."

He added that, given a currency crisis that has seen the Russian ruble devalued by 50 percent, taking back the euros "might actually be preferable".

French shipbuilder DCNS signed a 1.2-billion-euro deal with Moscow to build two Mistral warships in 2011, long before Russia's annexation of Crimea and support of separatists in eastern Ukraine.

Paris now faces the decision of delivering the two ships to Russia and facing the backlash of its Nato allies, or paying potentially heavy fines for failing to honour the contract.

The French government delayed delivery of the first warship "until further notice" after missing the September and then the November 2014 deadlines.

On Thursday, 400 Russian sailors training aboard the first ship in the French port city of Saint-Nazaire left the country."...

http://www.english.rfi.fr/europe/20141220-russia-tells-france-hand-over-warship-or-return-cash

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1284 on: December 23, 2014, 01:52:17 AM »
I never thought I would say that I love the French, but I'm going to really like them a lot if they deny Russia these warships.  I hope they keep the money as well.  Better yet give it to Ukraine and tell Russia that it's war damages for their theft of Crimea and for damages of E. Ukraine.

Offline Misha

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1285 on: December 23, 2014, 02:03:04 AM »
I can not even grasp why on earth do you expect rest of the world to bother about hardships of Russians?
Russia wouldn't be what it is today without so many brainwashed russian idiots supporting their power-obsessed-grab-the-land-kill-the-neighbors-schizophrenic-idol.

I agree with you and I am visiting in-laws in Russia  :-X  Having to watch Russian propaganda news day in and day out and having political discussions (even though I do my best to avoid them) makes me long for a lobotomy  :o

The fact of the matter is that the populace enables Putin and with few exceptions support him wholeheartedly. Thus, if they suffer, they really don't have anybody else to blame but themselves.

It is interesting to listen to all the journalists on the Russian state channels whining about how the West is waging an "economic war" against Russia. The sanctions have only been in place for a few months, and hope for a rebound in oil prices have only been dashed for less than a month, and the economy is already teetering on the brink. What will they do if oil prices stay at $50 or less for 3 years or more and if sanctions are kept in place for decades as they were in Cuba...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:09:17 AM by Misha »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1286 on: December 23, 2014, 02:07:05 AM »
What will they do if oil prices stay at $50 or less for 3 years or more and if sanctions are kept in place for decades as they were in Cuba...

Answer:  Kill Putin long before that.

Offline Misha

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1287 on: December 23, 2014, 02:18:08 AM »

This from Gazeta.ru: [size=78%]http://www.gazeta.ru/business/news/2014/12/23/n_6770817.shtml[/size]

The headline: Саудовская Аравия не снизит добычу даже при цене нефти $20 за баррель or Saudi Arabia won't cut back on production even if the price of a barrel of oil goes down to $20 a barrel.

The article concludes by stating that oil prices may never return to $100 a barrel...

If this worst case scenario plays out, a certain country will be hooped  :o

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1288 on: December 23, 2014, 03:27:31 AM »
In agreement with Misha as the sanctions from the West have been limited to access to credit and against a small number of very wealthy Russians. The idea of the USA waging sanctions against ordinary Russians is nothing more than a propaganda myth. The sanctions that are hurting ordinary Russians most are Putin's "reverse sanctions" that ban Western products and agricultural goods.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1289 on: December 23, 2014, 03:35:42 AM »
Mende-the flow on affect as companies go to the wall an subsequent loss of jobs will impact at every level. The real bite is yet to come and is it widens in to what I believe will be a major collapse of the Russian economy  it will have widespread hurt to people.
The Kremlin propaganda machine was in gear early with all this( funnily enough) and it is painted as everyones fault but Russia's--how long people will keep believing that is the question.
Even when they do get the hang of it all-- what can they do?It is a stretch too far to think they might get their own Maidan  --more likely to get a worse dictator than Putin( and cronies )!!
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1290 on: December 23, 2014, 04:55:48 AM »
Why is
Putin not tell his population to blame the Saudis like he is with the Americans?

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/saudi-oil-minister-hints-russia-doesnt-deserve-market-share-2014-12
He actually did s ay. whom to blame ( in a plane Russian) just a week ago
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:49:35 AM by Doll »

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1291 on: December 23, 2014, 05:13:04 AM »
Are you a former FSB officer?  Employed by the Russian government?  Commanding troops in Donbas?  If not, then your gun is irrelevant.
What kind of question is it? What if i say yes to all?
The gun is relevant because ak 47 are widely spread all over the world, leave alone FSU

Offline Chelseaboy

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1292 on: December 23, 2014, 05:27:45 AM »
I cannot believe there are western people on here trying to defend the Russian people.

The fact is that Putlers popularity in Russia has soared since he invaded and stole Crimea and since Ukrainians were being killed in eastern Ukraine.

Just like the Germans who turned a blind eye to the death camps in Germany during the second World War...no doubt western people on here would have been saying how lovely those Germans were.

You only have to see the smugness, arrogance and self-perceived feelings of nationalistic superiority of Russian posters like Doll and Belvis on here to see the Russian mentality....and what happened to the war-monger Die-cast who was previously gloating that the Ukrainians weren't fighting back ?
She's gone a bit quiet now.

The majority of Russians fully deserve any hardships they may or may not experience in the future...it's called karma.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:37:26 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1293 on: December 23, 2014, 05:42:29 AM »

IT is an open call to kill Russian president
Showden is watching
Вова, слышал? )))))

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1294 on: December 23, 2014, 05:49:16 AM »
Agree with Chelseaboy

The Russian people deserve this and more.  And they will get it unless they give us Putin.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1295 on: December 23, 2014, 05:50:49 AM »

IT is an open call to kill Russian president
Showden is watching
Вова, слышал? )))))

If he is listening, tell him he is a loser.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1296 on: December 23, 2014, 05:57:38 AM »
I cannot believe there are western people on here trying to defend the Russian people.

The fact is that Putlers popularity in Russia has soared since he invaded and stole Crimea and since Ukrainians were being killed in eastern Ukraine.

Just like the Germans who turned a blind eye to the death camps in Germany during the second World War...no doubt western people on here would have been saying how lovely those Germans were.

You only have to see the smugness, arrogance and self-perceived feelings of nationalistic superiority of Russian posters like Doll and Belvis on here to see the Russian mentality....and what happened to the war-monger Die-cast who was previously gloating that the Ukrainians weren't fighting back ?
She's gone a bit quiet now.

The majority of Russians fully deserve any hardships they may or may not experience in the future...it's called karma.
Sir, so that you know-it is a public forum stationed in the  USA which has freedom of speech AND respects  political correctness. Got it? Also, it is the forum (LOOK above)

that implies RUssian participants  who have ( believe it or nor) different approaches
So I do recommend you keep your mouth behind your teeth when you have an itch to personally attack.
Got it?
I forgot to ask you what to think and how to think
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:06:26 AM by Doll »

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1297 on: December 23, 2014, 06:00:18 AM »
If he is listening, tell him he is a loser.
It was recorded right away
Just food for thoughts for the Admin

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1298 on: December 23, 2014, 06:05:46 AM »
It was recorded right away
Just food for thoughts for the Admin

Smart.  Real smart.

So you mean to tell us Murderer Vova has his people on the RWD moderating staff?  Do tell.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1299 on: December 23, 2014, 06:07:28 AM »
Smart.  Real smart.

So you mean to tell us Murderer Vova has his people on the RWD moderating staff?  Do tell.
No, i have the direct connection to Edward

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2694
Total: 2704

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM