It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Green Card question  (Read 4513 times)

Offline KenInUtah

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Green Card question
« on: November 05, 2019, 04:26:49 PM »
Hey guys, long time no talk!

I have a question.  My wife's green card expires in January 2020.  We filed the I-751 in July 2018 and they are still processing it for the ten year card.  We have also applied for citizenship (August 2019 when she became eligible).  In looking at the USCIS website, they say 22-41 months to process the I-751! Its been 15 months since we applied for the removal of conditions.  What do we do come January if they havent processed it.  For the record, we have paid to remove conditions and paid for the naturalization.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Green Card question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 05:14:31 PM »
How long does it take to process the I 751?about 6-12 monthsAfter filing the I-751 petition to remove conditions on your green card, the I-751 processing time takes about 6-12 months for most people. This is an approximation. It may be shorter for some and longer for others. In some cases, USCIS will make a request for additional information or schedule an interview.
I just pulled this off the search for I 751
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:16:05 PM by tfcrew »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 05:26:16 PM »
This is from visajourney...
http://www.visajourney.com/content/times/
I wouldn't think to file too many applications at once. Maybe that could gum up processing?
But 41 months doesn't sound right. 

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
My wife's green card expires in January 2020............What do we do come January if they havent processed it.

Ken, you came to the right place to ask questions. When your wife's green card expires in Jan 2020 and if the new one hasn't arrived, you do what patriotic Americans do and that is turn your illegal wife in to immigration for deportation. Actually, your wife with an expired green card is still a lawful permanent resident. She'll be fine but will have limits on what she can do until a green card that's not expired arrives.

You should be able to go to immigration's website and check out the status of the removal of conditions. If they cashed your check, you know the paperwork wasn't lost in the mail.

http://citizenpath.com/expired-green-card-problems/

My wife's green card expires in January 2020............What do we do come January if they havent processed it.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
The immigration office will have a record that there's an outstanding request to remove conditions, AND, an application for citizenship. You should've received one of those notices of receipt, etc..with your wife's A-# designation.

These things happen.

You should at least write, or call, and find out the why and how long questions...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »
What do we do come January if they havent processed it.  For the record, we have
paid to remove conditions and paid for the naturalization.

Warning, this is anecdotal but in my opinion they are running extremely late.

With Angel Eyes they sent out a letter that extended her previous Green Card
that expired. She was to carry with her if she traveled outside the country or
was job seeking. When that letter expired, they sent her another one. After
that she finally got her conditions removed and her permanent residence card.

We did call, we typed her A# into the online site (it never told us anything).
http://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do?appReceiptNum=...

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:09:59 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 05:01:05 AM »
Thanks guys, I keep checking the USCIS.gov site and it just says they've received everything.  Billy, you're a smart ass!

Offline GenMish

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 11:10:03 AM »
Good Luck Ken, and please keep us informed. It might help those that are starting the process mow

My experience was in the early 90s
4 months to get a K-1 approved
Citizenship after three years

Things have really slowed down since

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »
Well guys, that was all for naught.  We found out this morning that they removed the conditions on her GC.  Just so the newbies know, that took 15 months.  We filed the paperwork in July 2018 and found out today.  Of course they cashed the check over a year ago.  In the meantime, she has now become eligible for Naturalization and ironically, her biometrics appointment was yesterday.  At the office, we asked and were told it takes 9-12 months for the naturalization process.  My advice to those going through the process...file the next step as soon as you are eligible to.  It looks like it will take five years from arrival to citizenship even though one is eligible in three.  We filed EVERYTHING the DAY we were eligible.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 11:11:35 AM »
It's good news nonetheless..

Congrats!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 02:42:57 PM »
We found out this morning that they removed the conditions on her GC. 

That's got to be a relief for you both. I can imagine the wife questioning her husband if he even filed the paperwork. My wife didn't have to wait as long but even waiting some, she questioned if I sent in the paperwork. I told her "No honey, I didn't send the paperwork because I want to lose you." When a wife is in doubt if her husband sent in the paperwork, the husband should tell her go find out who cashed the check.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM