It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Blah, Blah, Blah Edition XXVII  (Read 7633 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Blah, Blah, Blah Edition XXVII
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 08:37:54 AM »
if dueling were to be re-instituted, would you prefer pistols or sabers?
JayH is a little scrawny fella. my guess is he'd go for pistols and his aim would be low...
so if'n I were you, I'd set it up so that you get to choose the weapon (for God's sake don't let him get his hands on a boom-a-rang!) and he'll choose location
Crimea!

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 11:21:16 AM »
I poured an inexpensive bottle of Warre port for T and me.  After a sip I threw it out and opened a nice 20 yr tawney. 

T liked the first one.  She said it smelled like Cimean wine.  Do they make port style wines in Crimea?

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
Yes. Massandra is probably the most well known.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 02:28:00 PM »
if someone challenges the authenticity of your travel experiences
then by all means one should reply with photographic documentation....

MY COMMENT __  Moby has refused -repeatedly to offer anything at all--other than more bluster and lies

if someone were to challenge the veracity of my posts, claiming I had never been to Sevastopol
then I would respond with two images:

1. tallest girl in Sevastopol (who I later married!)
2. the cover of her internal Sevastopol Passport from the time period of when Sevastopol was a closed city

ergo, I've been to Sevastopol, vini vicci, vamanos

msmob,

please, JayH is very emotionally vulnerable right now after his most recent breakup
it would really be ungentlemanly of you to boast of your romantic success at his expense
it's been tough on JayH

MY COMMENT -- what on earth are you referring to - the comment is outright wrong in every way

and lastly sir, may I ask that you please refrain from making the rather obvious assumption that since JayH is devoid of female companionship,
MY COMMENT - see previous comment-- the K has just invented this with zero basis

that he must resort to “handmade” methods of sexual gratification like Bee Farmer!!
that would REALLY be unfair, even if it is undoubtedly true, poor fella...!!!

And then this-

if dueling were to be re-instituted, would you prefer pistols or sabers?
JayH is a little scrawny fella. my guess is he'd go for pistols and his aim would be low...
so if'n I were you, I'd set it up so that you get to choose the weapon (for God's sake don't let him get his hands on a boom-a-rang!) and he'll choose location
Crimea!

I don't think I have ever been described like that  -- so why would you write so much made up stuff Krym ( no answer is required.)

History shows that when nonsense gets written  for whatever reason it later gets picked up as fact by others and repeated-- simply inventing something is a truly dumb thing to do Krym.

Of note -- Moby has again above been at his inventing --or lying again --it is pathetic. :cluebat: :cluebat:

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online krimster2

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 04:09:08 PM »
well JayH that is a classic defensive over reaction!
I have not made any presumptive accusations against you
so no need to protect your undoubtedly sterling reputation
I was only asking Moby to refrain from doing so...
I did so, because I’m sure you would feel that someone making false accusations against you would cause you some distress, is it not so?
and we wouldn’t want to make false accusations on this board, now would we JayH?
based on your reaction, I think you concur with this sentiment...
in other words, if you don’t like that little bruise on your forehead
maybe you shouldn’t have been the one to start throwing stones...
cuz I got me a fooking trebuchet mate!

Online krimster2

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »
"Do they make port style wines in Crimea"

normally they do, Black Muscat being the most popular
but crimea is more better known for white muscat
viniculture is dying in crimea due to lack of water
I don't even know if they'll have enough to bottle this year
grapes are harvested in Ukraine/Crimea in Sept/Oct
lots of people selling them by the side of the road in villages
for $1 or $2 you buy a huge bag of delicious grapes

Offline JayH

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »
Krym--   my posts were in response ( in another thread)  to Moby diverting a another thread-- and his comments to several others -- with accusations of lying .
Go read the sequence .

To me -- wasting everyone's time rebutting Moby nonsense is bad enough-- and then you have the stupidity in invent a few "lies" yourself!
And no-I don't like or appreciate that type of BS.
EG a long time ago-- a now banned member here made something up -- and the luminary Fathertime repeated and repeated and repeated that lie -- and subsequently it reappeared  often as if a fact by all too many others.

Some here do know a lot more about me -- some I have met in real life - and I never want to call them into such nonsense . Some say giving nonsense aair only extends the point -- I agree with that -- but when clearly false statements are made- I see no humour in that at all.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online krimster2

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 05:29:49 PM »
 “in response ( in another thread)  to Moby diverting a another thread-- “

so this thread is about another thread about Moby diverting another thread?
sorry, I was confused until you clarified this...
well, look, you seem really sensitive about this, if you read what I wrote
you’ll see that I never made any accusation against you
but for someone who denies being on fire, you sure are putting out a lot of smoke!!!
I’ll just leave that there, I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for your over reaction
that doesn’t involve you being at high risk of auto-asphyxiation

Offline ML

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 06:25:12 PM »
We are experiencing an acute labor shortage, and we have a conman motivating Central Americans to come here quickly on their own dime to work 16 hours a day for peanuts. If they don't come, the resulting wage inflation will make financing our 22 Trillion in debt unaffordable due to higher interest rates.

There is no labor shortage in USA.

However, those who need labor are naturally seeking the lowest cost labor relative to productivity.  And by obtaining lower cost labor, we the consumers are benefiting.

Still, that does not mean we have a labor shortage.

It only means that those needing labor will have to pay higher wages to get locals to do the work.  This higher cost will be passed on to us the consumers.

I would gladly pay much more for produce and other items if it meant we could go back to our previous ethnic make-up and pass on to our grandchildren the same USA that we were born into.

And wage inflation in the private sector has nothing to do with our national federal debt.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 07:56:16 PM »
The truth is, the USA desperate for low cost labor.

You're in favor of illegals working for less than the legal minimum wage and benefits?

we have a conman motivating Central Americans to come here quickly on their own dime to work 16 hours a day for peanuts.

How is Trump motivating illegals to come and illegally enter the US? He's trying to prevent them from coming to the US.

Internet censorship in Russia

The issue of internet censorship was brought up. I just want to say my experiences in Russia showed me a nation that was very open, but I haven't been the last couple of years. I was in China recently though, and they do block websites. However, its so easy to get around. Just get on Chinese Bing or another Chinese search engine, find a proxy server in Europe and like that you can access all the sites that were blocked. I could livestream my airport lunch in Guǎngzhōu 10 minutes after my plane lanes, so I doubt Russia has censorship that would block anyone with half a brain from livestreaming

As someone who travels to Russia regularly I can say without reservation that Russia has strict censorship of the Internet. Sites are routinely blocked for days/weeks or more.

Russia is currently working on a way to block access in and out of Russia. How would someone in Russia access a proxy server in Europe if the Russian Internet was physically blocked from the outside world?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47198426

How many average Russians who haven't studied computer science do you think know how to find and use a proxy server much less know what a proxy server is? Or know how to livestream an event from their device?

Offline whynotme

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 08:08:21 PM »

As someone who travels to Russia regularly I can say without reservation that Russia has strict censorship of the Internet. Sites are routinely blocked for days/weeks or more.

Russia is currently working on a way to block access in and out of Russia. How would someone in Russia access a proxy server in Europe if the Russian Internet was physically blocked from the outside world?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47198426

How many average Russians who haven't studied computer science do you think know how to find and use a proxy server much less know what a proxy server is? Or know how to livestream an event from their device?
Can you give an example of those blocked sites? May be I missed something very useful.  :D And I don't know any average Russian who doesn't know how to surf via internet.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2019, 08:47:36 PM »
Can you give an example of those blocked sites? May be I missed something very useful.  :D And I don't know any average Russian who doesn't know how to surf via internet.

Sites that have been blocked at one time or another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_Russia

I'm not talking about surfing the Internet. I'm talking about knowing what a proxy server is and how to use it. I doubt too many people in the US or Europe know how to find a proxy server and use it. Far fewer in Russia could do it. Of course if the Kremlin turned off access to the Internet outside of Russia then even knowing how to use a proxy server wouldn't help.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2019, 09:58:00 PM »
Sites that have been blocked at one time or another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_Russia

I'm not talking about surfing the Internet. I'm talking about knowing what a proxy server is and how to use it. I doubt too many people in the US or Europe know how to find a proxy server and use it. Far fewer in Russia could do it. Of course if the Kremlin turned off access to the Internet outside of Russia then even knowing how to use a proxy server wouldn't help.

Honestly, I think the list should be much longer. Among my friends, almost everyone knows what a proxy server is and how to use it. Of course, I don't take into account people over 60. Personally, I am for the strictest censorship up to the ban for grammatical errors and a life ban for spreading unverified rumors, such as the Kremlin’s desire to turn off access to the Internet in Russia  :P

Offline msmob

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2019, 10:38:11 PM »
but when clearly false statements are made- I see no humour in that at all.

JayH

Only an internet idiot  would waste their time telling me where they THOUGHT I have been / not been and when....

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:56:31 AM by msmob »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2019, 07:14:31 AM »
There is no labor shortage in USA.

However, those who need labor are naturally seeking the lowest cost labor relative to productivity.  And by obtaining lower cost labor, we the consumers are benefiting.

Even with the 10 million or more illegals working there is a labor shortage, although not as severe as it would be without them.  It doesn't have to be this way, but there is a portion of the society that doesn't work...either too lazy, overweight, in ill health, or independently wealthy.   

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2019, 09:39:56 AM »
And wage inflation in the private sector has nothing to do with our national federal debt.

The Federal Reserve(US Central Bank) has a dual mandate, first to foster economic conditions that achieve both stable prices and second maximum sustainable employment. When price gains are above Fed targets, the Fed will raise interest rates. The most significant components to what THEY watch, and by their own testimony, are wages along with productivity. Currently the debt instruments the US uses allows us to service our 22 Trillion in debt at 2.5%. However, if the 10 yr T Bond were to move to say 4%(a number that was there not many years ago), that would mean a 60% INCREASE in debt service costs. Debt service is now the largest part of the US Budget.

So yes, it wouldn't be difficult to pay the restaurant and extra $2 for a meal, or your landscaper  and extra $10/mo, but could the average person accept a 60% increase in the mortgage payment? Maybe? but the US Budget cant without huge reductions to entitlements

The wall is a CON. We don't need a Wall to stop illegal immigrants. The IRS could just stop issuing illegals tax ID numbers and the DMW can stop issuing them ID cards. We would tell employers that cant hire them any longer, and illegals will return home tell the friends that the deal is up and their friends wont come to the USA. This would be very simple to implement with current technology
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:42:56 AM by GenMish »

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »
Even with the 10 million or more illegals working there is a labor shortage, although not as severe as it would be without them.  It doesn't have to be this way, but there is a portion of the society that doesn't work...either too lazy, overweight, in ill health, or independently wealthy.   

Fathertime!

You are actually agreeing with me that there is no labor shortage.

Just a mismatch between labor needed and wages offered.

This mismatch will continue as long as we allow those in who will work for below the equilibrium wage.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2019, 03:37:09 PM »

This mismatch will continue as long as we allow those in who will work for below the equilibrium wage.

When my wife was doing her Msc she discovered that what they taught in university and what was required with regard to programming were not compatible. The university was so out of touch with what the marketplace wanted that after university she took additional courses in programming to get the needed skills required for a job.

According to her colleagues this is still the case. For whatever reason many universities in the STEM fields cannot adjust their programs often enough to meet the needs of the private sector.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2019, 04:38:41 PM »
Our son is still at university, but continues to work part time for his summer employer, because the skill he has is one that is in short supply in the tech field, so they asked him to continue to work.  He tells me his university courses have been instrumental in his job, and that's been the experience of his friends and colleagues, most of whom are studying engineering. 

Universities really should provide a foundation.  They are not there to train in particular "skills", which change over time.  The process of how to think, how to approach an issue, and a solid foundation of knowledge to get there, is what should be taught.  Technical colleges here teach more of the practical issues.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »
Our son is still at university, but continues to work part time for his summer employer, because the skill he has is one that is in short supply in the tech field, so they asked him to continue to work.  He tells me his university courses have been instrumental in his job, and that's been the experience of his friends and colleagues, most of whom are studying engineering. 

Universities really should provide a foundation.  They are not there to train in particular "skills", which change over time.  The process of how to think, how to approach an issue, and a solid foundation of knowledge to get there, is what should be taught.  Technical colleges here teach more of the practical issues.

You are correct as always

Education is what remains after one forgets what one has Learnt in school
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Online krimster2

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2019, 06:21:11 PM »
what you are taught is often less important than what you learn

Offline fathertime

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2019, 06:37:35 PM »

In effect we do have a labor shortage.  If native born americans worked as hard as they did in other eras perhaps we wouldn't have a labor shortage.  Or maybe it has always been this way, and the first or second generation immigrants did the bulk of the labor.  Of course in the distant past we (The US) utilized slaves. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline ML

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2019, 08:57:53 PM »

DaveNY . . . here is the correct answer to your comment.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2019, 10:01:03 AM »
DaveNY . . . here is the correct answer to your comment.

Trouble is that's not reality. When my wife finished her Msc. she lacked the needed programming skills to get a decent paying job. She had to take courses from a private group, essentially a programming boot camp, that offered programming courses to people like her who had programming knowledge but not the specific courses in demand by industry.

Boethius is correct that the smaller colleges, at least in NYC, 2 year/4 year colleges, do offer more relevant programming skills than the big universities. 

Some of my wife's colleagues have taught at the smaller colleges and have said they tend to offer programming courses that are more relevant because there's less bureaucracy to get the courses approved in the smaller colleges and the profs tend to have more detailed knowledge of needed courses because they also work in industry.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2019, 03:43:54 PM »
Your wife was in her thirties when she finished?  She was competing mostly with young men a decade younger, who were unmarried, did not have children or were contemplating children, and had been coding since childhood..  Our son did his first youtube video on coding when he was 8 years old.  So, she was at a disadvantage vis a vis her competition, and had to "up" her game in competition to them.  It wasn't about the education.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2233
Total: 2243

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM