It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Question?  (Read 7836 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Question?
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
This is by far the fastest, least expensive and most comfortable way to go between these 2 airports. If, as one poster put it, "the Gods are smiling at you", under 2 hrs is very doable from airport to airport for an experienced traveller (1hr 20 min travel time by train, 20-minute walk navigating the rest of the way, 12-minute metro ride for the 6 stations). Like you said, best to give yourself 2-2 1'/2 hrs ;) (about $15 to be exact :D).

I wasn't counting the starting point!  I've done it in reverse myself in 2 hours 10 minutes, but you do have to be lucky with the connections.

A couple of other items of note going this way; 1) there's WiFi access both with Aeroexpress and in the metro. 1) If using the metro during peak times, 8-11am, and 6-9pm, best, especially if carrying luggage (I recommend no more than one checked in bag and 1 carry-on or hand luggage max when using the metro), to go to the last "вагон" or wagon of the train. Otherwise, you'll have no chance to enter the wagon, and you'll piss off the other riders in the wagon you're trying to enter. You will be able to enter the last wagon with relative ease...

That so-called "short" taxi ride could take you 2 hrs or more at 9am. Have you seen the traffic around Белору́сская метро?

They have been renovating that area for over a year and the last kilometer could easily take an hour to deal with. The parking lot in front of the train station is closed as well.

Totally agree with the bolded bit - it's what I was trying to emphasise in my earlier post about the difficulty of carting luggage around on public transport.  As for the rest - probably amongst the best advice on the forum, but unfortunately buried where not enough will see it.  Perhaps Sandro or one of the Mods could move this into the sticky suggestions area.

Seriously, some of you need to back off of Trench. Yes, maybe it's obvious that the train goes directly to the airport, but for a newbie, it's still somewhat comforting to know. I also don't like "bullies" in any way, shape, or form. What some of you do to Trench is nothing less than cyber bullying IMO.

I make no apology for continuing to dump on Trenchcoat.  If he continues to make asinine statements about things which he hasn't experienced himself, or simply has no clue about, he will get jumped on.  He seems absolutely incapable of heeding the maxim about keeping your eyes and ears open, and your mouth shut, until you have something worthwhile to say.  This post is a prime example - look at how he does this:

Agree with this, from 9am there can be loaf's of traffic & taxis (official & unofficial) can be extremely expensive, especially if they catch on you are not well versed in the area/language. Uber taxis that are waiting may already be taken plus the app doesn't work at all well on western mobiles out there and internet isn't that easy to find. The tube is right outside the Belloruska station so just ask down there for correct platform if unsure, you can take a picture of the tube Map down there to point to locations. The areoexpress goes straight into the airport with just a bit of legwork needed to get to the correct terminal. As such for a first timer it would be best if you had 3 plus hours to do the journey to a look for walking, waiting & determining you're way.

I agree with your response...

The rest of his post was accurate.

...but the problem is that Trenchcoat normally posts (as in this example) like it's something out of a textbook or Wikipedia.  It wasn't until he got jumped on that he responded with:

...Good to see we are in agreement on a couple of points, that's the way I saw it when I was in Moscow earlier in the summer. On the way there (afternoon time) I took the areoexpress to Belorusskya then a taxi from there to the hotel about a quarter mile or so from Red Square, just this distance the taxi was kind of expensive and ran into heavy traffic nearing the hotel in the renovation area you speak off. Fortunately I was near enough the hotel to get out and walk the final hundred meters so avoid being in traffic too long. On the way back (8am ish) I got the tube to Belorusskya for the areoexpress and it was quicker and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Why on earth not say that to start with?  :cluebat:  People here will always treat first-hand experience (even his!) with far more respect that the usual bollocks that Trenchcoat has been posting during his time here.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Question?
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 05:07:43 PM »
I would say though to others to check the time on you're mobile phone as mine was an hour behind Moscow time & did'nt update for some reason, fortunately leaving a lot of time for journeying as I normally do mean't I still caught the plane,... just.

Why not wear a watch?  You know - that thing which you adjust MANUALLY when you change time zones!  :devil:

And how come it took you until the time you were leaving to realise that it had the wrong time?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701