It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hi I'm new here and any information or help is welcome!  (Read 26536 times)

Offline Chris1016

Hi I'm new here and any information or help is welcome!
« on: October 01, 2007, 11:22:55 PM »
Hello everyone I'm Chris. I am 27 and live in Panama City Florida USA. My first encounter with russian woman was this summer. I live in a tourist town and there were many here on student visa's. I meet one Anya at her work and we had a wonderful few weeks together but I knew she was going home so never let my self get to close. Anyway I figured out once she was gone that her and her friends were like no one I had ever met before. They were all such caring wonderful people. And thats what got me started. I lost contact with Anya but have since been searching for a fsu woman to start a relationship with.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
RE: Hi I'm new here and any information or help is welcome!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »
Welcome aboard Chris...You will find there are lots of wonderful ladies here looking for a good man.
I say here because you will note I am one of the lucky guys, I live in Russia. ;D
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline WmGO

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »
Chris,

Welcome.

The one thing I am going to say at this point
is going to be critical, but it is a serious reality: you
have got to learn how to dress. Your photo reflects
a man that is unsophisticated to the European and, importantly
here, the Russian.

Skip the jeans, knit shirt and for Gosh
sake the dang baseball cap. Russian women are for the most
part (like 99%) only attracted to men who *present* themselves
as smart and sophisticated and the FIRST thing that is THE basis
upon which to make that determination is the man's dress. The
all too common (unfortuantely) poor American sloppy grunge dress style
is a big thumbs down with most FSUW. Fortunately, it is something
that is easily changed.

Good luck.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:31:01 AM »
I lost contact with Anya but have since been searching for a fsu woman to start a relationship with.

Certainly she would not leave the US without exchanging phone numbers or e-mail addresses with a friend, co-workers, boss, fellow students, teachers or a sponsor who allowed her to live with them while she studies. Have you tried to contact the people who knew her and inquire if she hung out with any other friends you did not know about? Follow the trail.

Also understand not all RW are like the one/s you met. There are some who will use and abuse you and then rip out your heart and throw it away.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »
WmGO is right:

This girl

would never be seen with this guy,

You're going to need to clean up a bit.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 10:55:44 AM »
LMAO...You guys are harsh, honest, but harsh! ;)

RVR-Canadian Cowboy

Offline Misha

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 11:00:51 AM »
LMAO...You guys are harsh, honest, but harsh! ;)

Having seen some of the photos posted on this site in the photo galleries, the expression that one should not throw stones when living in glass houses comes to mind :-)

Offline jb

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 12:30:34 PM »
<----- thought it was funny,,, and true.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:29:53 PM »
Having seen some of the photos posted on this site in the photo galleries, the expression that one should not throw stones when living in glass houses comes to mind :-)
Not fair, your not allowed to peek through my windows & take pics & post them in the gallery. I only dress like that behind closed doors.
To the right you will note my impeccible & fully attired self, thank you very much!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

RVR-Canadian Cowboy

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 03:04:57 PM »
Chris,

Just read the archives about the $$$ and time required to make this happen. 

Men your age usually do not have both the time (enough to spend 3-4 weeks in the FSU over the next year) and money (at least $10,000 of discretionary money laying around).   If you do, then please start. 

You must then decide whether to work with a large agency and just buy addresses or work with a smaller agency who will give you personal service including guiding you when you arrive there.

No offense, but you do look and write like someone from Panama City.  There are plenty of FSU women who would welcome a life in the Florida Panhandle and watching FSU football.  Yet, there are many more who would be dipped in $hit before moving to your village.  Just be careful about whom you pursue.

Offline Chris1016

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 11:24:49 AM »
Then I must say I should quit before I get started. Yes this is a old picture and doesn't do a good job of reflecting who I am but I am in a suit 60 hours a week for work and I will not wear one when I am supposed to be enjoying myself. Maybe I am a bit hard headed or difficult but thats me. Also I do not want someone to start liking something I am not and then me change back to me. I am glad all of this was brought to the front before  I wasted any time. Thank you all and I hope everyone has a wonderful day.   :)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »

I am in a suit 60 hours a week

Well, you're in a suit more than most of us. Just send ladies pics of yourself in a suit and casual clothes. Be honest and let the women decide if they have the hots for you 24/7 no matter what you wear. Of course I expect you to dress up on a date compared to what you're wearing in your avatar. Personally, I sent pics of myself dressed nicely and in my construction work clothes to the ladies so they could see what dirty guy is coming home to them every work day if they so choose me. Pics in this thread.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1303.0

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »
I don't think chasing a RW requires you to wear a suit around the clock.  Jeans and a ball cap to go out with a woman dressed to the nines does not cut it.   Perhaps a nice casual or dress shirt and something at least a little better than jeans might be fitting.   

I too went through a big part of my life wearing a suit and tie every day and one of the things that I like best about what I do now is I can go to work comfortable, in jeans usually. 

On my second visit to my former fiancee we were running around Moscow in 5 feet of snow and I was wearing jeans and sneakers and she let me know in no uncertain terms that she had always expected to marry a man with a little more class than I was showing with my wearing jeans.

When I made my first trip to visit my current fiancee I dressed a little better and when I wore jeans for something casual we were doing she said she liked me much better in jeans and my dress clothes have pretty much stayed in my suitcase on our visits that followed.   Everyone is different.   You may find a woman who is happy to have you wearing jeans and a ball cap but I would not suggest that until you get to know the lady and until you know that is acceptable to the lady you end up with.   If that is not for you then I really think you are wasting your time but I think it will not be as bad as you thought when you first read it.

Offline Gator

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 01:45:58 PM »
Chris,

You may be making the correct decision.  I hope you are doing it because of the money and time involved and not your attire.

I say that because you had a relationship with a young FSU woman this past summer and I would assume she had no problem with your style of clothing.  There are other FSU women like her.  I am confused as to why you did not retain contact with her.

Offline Chris1016

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
Thankyou again guys and some of my thinking may be the clothing factor and no I would never show up to meet a young woman in jeans and a ball cap but I would feel alot better them knowing that is what I prefer. As I said I want someone to get to know me as I am and how I am but I think the main reason  Ihave decided to wait is the time. Right now with a new business just kicking off and another only 3 years old I do not have the free time to go out and do the searching meeting and dates I would need to really meet someone. I hope that in the next year or two I will be able to take a little more time off. And also with the pic.......I was pretty much under the impression that it was mostly guys and married women here so I was not very picky. If I were to start e-mail or talking with women online I wouls find a better picture. One more thing as to why I did not keep in contact with the young lady I was seeing here in the us......I DON'T KNOW but I would really like to kick myself in the you know what for not keeping in contact. I think as her time grew closer to leave she grew more distant and at that time I had no idea hot to go about trying to keep her here. I know she was not ready to be married because she was still in the university at home. So I had no ideas to go on and having no one to talk to about it at that time I just kind of gave up. I did not know there was a web site or a talk group devoted just to this kind of thing. I will stay in touch and always ask questions but until I am able to take the time off I don't think I will start searching. Thanks again to everyone who gave there imput even if some of it was out of term. Have a wonderful week!

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »
If you spend some time here while you are getting your businesses and life in order when the time comes to make the trip you will know exactly what to do and how to do it and save yourself a ton of time and money.   It is better not to make a trip until your life is in order for more than one reason.   The one which is not obvious is that once you make the first trip your priorties may change and you may find yourself lured back faster than you think. 

Yes, it is mostly guys and married or committed women and I assure you I am dressed worse than you right at the minute.   Part of that is I have my kitchen torn up and am drilling holes and the like and dressed for that.  You will find that FSU women are often a little fussy about what you were.   Jeans and the ball cap may be acceptable when it is appropriate but any dirt or spots and they will not be happy campers. 

You seem like you have a lot of ambition and that is a good quality that they will like.  Best of luck when you are ready and do keep reading and asking questions.

Online Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 12:35:27 AM »
WmGO is right:

This girl

would never be seen with this guy,

You're going to need to clean up a bit.

As for me, I wouldn't be sure about that. The woman in white seems to be casually dressed, too, although I may be wrong about that.

However, the woman in my avatar may well be seen with the man in Chris' avatar :)..wouldn't you think so? :)

Chris, I am the woman in active search now, so I guess my advice may eventually be useful for you. No doubt you put better photos in your active profile.

First, your photos should illustrate your inside. Choose the face photos that make your face look as expressive as you can! Make hundreds of pictures, if it takes that many to get one of them winning. It seems to me that you have naturally a good face, so it probably should not be difficult for you. When making shots, just think of something that you enjoy a lot. Try saying to the flash something like 'oooohhh that is soo darn terrrrrrrific! :) ' investing as much emotion in this shot as you can. That would assist you a lot in getting your profile noticed among others!

Then, your body. A suit....hmmm...may be it would be good but only if the suit shot is not the one picture of you, and probably not the main picture as well. Personally I don't think many women look for sartorial elegance. The suitmakers excel at concealing the natural lines, so all men in suits look similar to each other. Instead, you may want to try outfits that show the advantages of your body. Instinctively, women look for men with better genes. A nice white t-shirt and jeans showing your body form would be a very good choice, IMHO. Of course no words on it (unless it is your email address  :D)

Good luck in your search! don't get discouraged!  :)
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline jb

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 04:17:08 AM »
Lily,

Nice try, but I think you are understating, perhaps even underestimating, your own appeal.

Regards the above quoted post from me, I was merely trying in my own way to illustrate the point we often debate here, one of class and league.  The girl shown, (the pic was blatantly lifted from Jack's picture thread), shows class and intelligence, her very pretty face is animated, and she *presents* very well even though she is casually dressed.     The man, Chris, in that photo looks like a slug and a dullard.  Posture is wrong, clothes are ill chosen, ball caps are OK on the ball field but have no place in the dating arena.

Perhaps he can clean up nicely, however, this is the image he chose to present here.  I simply call 'em like I see 'em.

Online Lily

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 04:31:31 AM »
Agree with you jb that the woman shows class. I meant the dress style of people, essentially.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 05:35:39 AM »
     The man, Chris, in that photo looks like a slug and a dullard. 

jb, I always love your tact, kindness and gentile nature.   As they say, flattery will get you everywhere.  If chris has figured out the ignore feature I am sure your count just went up.   Actually if the previous things he saw as insults didn't do it (oh never mind I am laughing to hard to write now anyway.)

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline jb

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 05:49:11 AM »
jb, I always love your tact, kindness and gentile nature.

I didn't realize you thought I was Jewish.

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »
Lily,

Nice try, but I think you are understating, perhaps even underestimating, your own appeal.

Regards the above quoted post from me, I was merely trying in my own way to illustrate the point we often debate here, one of class and league.  The girl shown, (the pic was blatantly lifted from Jack's picture thread), shows class and intelligence, her very pretty face is animated, and she *presents* very well even though she is casually dressed.     The man, Chris, in that photo looks like a slug and a dullard.  Posture is wrong, clothes are ill chosen, ball caps are OK on the ball field but have no place in the dating arena.

Perhaps he can clean up nicely, however, this is the image he chose to present here.  I simply call 'em like I see 'em.

I am sorry dear JB where have you seen the class of the woman on the pic?
have you talked to her? Do you know who she  is? , maybe she is usual user who hangs around on some Tverskaya street? or  some Ukrainian  girl who hangs around all the streets there?

What on earth made you think she has class??? only by the fact that she is pretty and blonde? and reveals her desperately  obvious show off look? makes her have class?

I am shocked , she is the most random girl ever, in Moscow we got millions of girls like that, and as well many millions of girls who are much more classy and very beautiful , I do not understand why are you drooling cos of some chick talking on the phone  :o

BtW to my mind Lily is more prettier than the woman on the pic

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 10:49:38 PM »
Lily is every man's dream. So you are right Jazzy- Lily is much more beautiful. But- to use Lily's picture with Mr. Sluggo would be insulting.

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »
But Billie , one can not judge the person by his looks, and more over call him some insulting name (mr. Sluggo) that is typical bullying so so often used in American schools I believe

If a person has a little bit different appearance from invented standards 90-60-90 for men must be the same, judging by how you all picked on the poor guy , by limited narrow minded with the defective state of mind people , who created silly stupid ranks -  evaluating the beauty 10  hahaha sounds ridiculous to me, such a superficial people

How  can you judge a person , who came to this forum with an opened feeling and opened heart, told things about himself, and you are just welcoming him in such a piss poor way .... my eyes are opening  as  I see some people spitting around here !

Online Lily

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 12:51:54 AM »
Your compliments are really flattering. But let me tell what I think of those looks.

I think this woman in white looks classy because this photoshoot managed to catch a good moment. The instant when her eyes have an emotional, even a sort of exquise expression, that is supplemented by her subtle face movement. Good posture, resolution high enough, excettent shot.

The picture of Chris is not that expressive. But his posture is allright and rather neutral. His face is not visible, thought, but it still leaves some idea of how the man looks in real life. The photo is low resolution, and is obviously no good for a man's profile, but it is not the Chris' purpose at RWD.

My experience at dating sites taught me to distinguish between the quality of the photoshoots and the quality of people pictured on them. Obviously, I look for the latter. The photo of Chris probably looks like this. If I'd see his high resolution face photo, my impression of him may be different. But so far, without seeing the face, I see an attractive, strong built man in a sportive outfit. With this man, I'd share a park walk..but no idea on how long this walk would be. :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2665
Total: 2675

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM