It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Group Tour or Go Alone?  (Read 14706 times)

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Group Tour or Go Alone?
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2006, 01:54:16 PM »
It matter not a whit to me how couples get together as long as they are both sincerely committed to the relationship. I don't really approve of MOB agencies either and as far as I'm concerned, it's a very short step from agencies to tours.  It's just whatever blows your dress up.  The only thing that bothers me is that in all the years I've been a member of these boards I can only recall one marriage that resulted from a tour.  That was the Dutchman (Luck4ume) over on the RWG, that marriage ended in disaster and one of the messiest divorces I've ever read about.  Certainly it was far worse and more costly than Maxx's episode with his GCG wife.

As far as the sleaze factor goes, there are many agencies discussed here which don't fair well under close inspection either, although you have to wonder about the management of the agency rather than the girls in most cases.  In any case, no matter how a man meets a woman, it still boils down to building a rock solid relationship between two people.  I can also argue a good case against the 90 day trial marriage idea, but with the time and money constraints placed on many guys I can see their point to some extent, although less so than others who argue for it. However, the bottom line in appling for the K-1 visa is that you have already committed yourselves, you and your partner, to marriage.  You are not committing yourselves to trying each other out for 90 days, you are submitting a sworn statement that says you are ready to marry this person.  How do you feel about committing perjury?  Affixing your name to a document that you know to be false is grounds for a dishonorable discharge in the Navy I served in.  Should the same seriousness should apply here?

How about making multiple trips to get to know the woman a bit better?  I just don't see a serious commitment being built in a single week or two visit as in the One Week Wonder cases.  Who can say that they can get to know someone well enough to propose marriage in a week?  Call me old fashioned, but to my way of thinking, that notion is just plain dumb.  You might as well have a death wish as to go that route. 

Just some random thoughts as I try to find perspective here.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 02:54:35 PM by jb »

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2006, 06:40:58 PM »
It matters little "how" you meet your other half, but "what" you do after that meeting is what counts.  You can meet sleazy low quality women anywhere, just as you can meet upstanding high quality women *almost* anywhere.

I think all these debates about tours/agencies/on line dating sites/casual meetings are kind of silly.  The methods of meeting women hardly matter, just that you do meet the "right" one for you.  Again. it is most important what you do after meeting her that is important.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jb

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2006, 07:00:19 PM »
Ken,

That was kinda the point which turned this thread into a snarl.  We have a witness that says Jack's tours and parties are handled differently, but the suggestion was made (maybe even by me because certainly I was thinking it) that neither the men,,, nor the better ladies attending, were very likely to meet some high quality person at a typical tour party.  The men's problem is that most of the tour operators invite streetwalkers to fill out the dance card, and the better ladies difficulties stemmed from the fact that many of the "stars" of the show were fat, old, bald, and completely without social graces.

If the fat, old, socially inept, geezer pairs up with a hot young babe, it's 99% for sure he's picked up a hooker.  Just as leopards have trouble changing their spots, a whore will have trouble mending her habits as well.  Personally, I'd sooner trust the leopard, at least with the cat you know exactly what you are dealing with.

I think that about sums it up.  Did I miss anything?

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
Not much jb. Just what was said in the thread. I was the only old, fat, ugly guy on jack's tour. The rest of the guys were good catches. The gals were top quality. I would agree with your description when it comes to big agency tours.

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2006, 12:01:04 PM »
jb,
you wrote:
The only thing that bothers me is that in all the years I've been a member of these boards I can only recall one marriage that resulted from a tour.  That was the Dutchman (Luck4ume) over on the RWG, that marriage ended in disaster and one of the messiest divorces I've ever read about.  Certainly it was far worse and more costly than Maxx's episode with his GCG wife.
Thay makes for the first guy I ever heard of that got married to a woman he met on tour!  I posted the question years ago on Planet Love and found no one that married a woman met on tour.  Of course I read about a lot of them getting laid or being cut out of the herd by interpreters for an expensive good time on the town, but no marriages.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline jb

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »
Yes, I believe it's true that the Dutchman met Marina on a tour.  In the end, both she and Dasha (her daughter) turned out to be head cases, and gold diggers of the first degree.  He lost a small fortune in the divorce but in the last communication I saw from him, he was so happy it was finally over he no longer counted the money that mistake cost him.  It was a classic case.

Offline Gator

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2006, 07:39:51 AM »
I was away at the Delaware and Virginia shore and this thread found a new life.

Let me summarize.  There are four basic options for meeting women:

1.   Group tour
2.   Local agency - Going alone and relying upon a local, full-service agency for introductions, one woman at a time.
3.   Correspondence - Obtaining addresses from a listing agency (Elena’s models, LuckyLovers, Freepersonals, etc.) or by advertising oneself, and then developing relationships via correspondence prior to making a trip (and going alone).
4.   Serendipity - Not using an agency (just go and meet women by happenstance –JB’s approach).

As one goes down this list, the need increases for a man to be self-reliant.  Some men need guidance and there is nothing wrong with that. 

There are of course many variants to these four.  Some local agencies have social gatherings, e. g. picnics.  I relied mostly upon correspondence but have used local agencies to supplement my experience.

Turbo’s First Dream tour differs from the standard tour, and it may appeal to some men as a way to meet many women and experience the FSU scene in a guided manner.

Whether on a tour or alone, a man will still meet women, and that is the goal.  I assert that going alone and relying upon a local agency will introduce a man to a large number of pre-selected women.  Further, it has two key advantages over a group tour:

a.   The meetings with women will be better (woman-friendly environment, one-on-one, longer meeting).
b.   It will cost less than a group tour (about a $1000).

Offline Gator

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2006, 07:42:13 AM »

The most important factor – choose a tour/agency with a good reputation.    

Turbo has expressed his satisfaction with the First dream tour, and that fact is important.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2006, 07:45:06 AM »
I was away at the Delaware and Virginia shore and this thread found a new life.

Let me summarize.  There are four basic options for meeting women:

1.   Group tour
2.   Local agency - Going alone and relying upon a local, full-service agency for introductions, one woman at a time.
3.   Correspondence - Obtaining addresses from a listing agency (Elena’s models, LuckyLovers, Freepersonals, etc.) or by advertising oneself, and then developing relationships via correspondence prior to making a trip (and going alone).
4.   Serendipity - Not using an agency (just go and meet women by happenstance –JB’s approach).

As one goes down this list, the need increases for a man to be self-reliant.  Some men need guidance and there is nothing wrong with that. 

There are of course many variants to these four.  Some local agencies have social gatherings, e. g. picnics.  I relied mostly upon correspondence but have used local agencies to supplement my experience.

Turbo’s First Dream tour differs from the standard tour, and it may appeal to some men as a way to meet many women and experience the FSU scene in a guided manner.

Whether on a tour or alone, a man will still meet women, and that is the goal.  I assert that going alone and relying upon a local agency will introduce a man to a large number of pre-selected women.  Further, it has two key advantages over a group tour:

a.   The meetings with women will be better (woman-friendly environment, one-on-one, longer meeting).
b.   It will cost less than a group tour (about a $1000).

Great summary, Gator.   And good conclusions at the end.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Albert

« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2006, 09:10:57 AM »

There are four basic options for meeting women:

1.   Group tour

I assert that going alone and relying upon a local agency will introduce a man to a large number of pre-selected women. 

I have some quibble with your last statement re the 'pre-selected' word.
By going alone . . .  you will have no pre-selected women.
By using local agency . . . you will have no pre-selected women.  (assuming you mean you walk into agency when in town without prior searching)

Alt number three is the one that really allows you to meet with pre-selected women.  And, as I understand it, on Jack's tour you also meet with pre-selected women.

Offline Gator

« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2006, 09:50:14 AM »
Albert,

Women are pre-selected in the sense that you have reviewed their photos and profiles in the agency's office.  Some agency staff may comment briefly.  Then the agency calls them to arrange a meeting (if the woman is interested).

The key is to meet multiple women each day until finding a few women (or one) worthy of followup dating.

You are correct that this "pre-selection" does not compare with the screening one can do when corresponding and telephoning as with Number Three.  Then again, one does not have a relationship until meeting the woman (i. e., do not fall in love with a photo).

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2006, 09:21:39 PM »
I can not argue a bit with the big agency tours being a hotbed of scammers and gold diggers.   I too would be surprised if many people had good marriages from them.  I assume there are some.   Jack's tours I think would work well for someone.     My two cents worth from chilly Barnaul RU

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2262
Total: 2273

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM