It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 457521 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #1525 on: May 20, 2018, 02:00:36 PM »
Most Ukrainians apparently live on a lot less.

Yes, but they have relatives in villages to give them food.  They have relatives in the West to send them money.  They don't pay for apartments.  They can produce so that they don't have to pay for it at inflated winter prices. 

And, no, they do not live on a lot less.  In villages, yes they do, but food  and shelter isn't a problem there.  What is often an issue is paying for electricity and gas in rural regions.

In cities, particularly major cities, the average wage you have stated is underestimated.

They would have gotten with them already if they could. Anyway, it is clear by the stats that most Ukrainians have humdrum jobs that don't bring good income like IT programmers.

My point was about alleged "gold diggers".  You don't have any gold to dig.

Still, most Ukrainians, overall, are earning more than you believe. 

Kyiv, Kharkiv, Odesa - all these cities have average wages higher than you state, and by what you intend to live on, you would actually be worse off than are they, as they mostly don't pay for apartments.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 03:15:11 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1526 on: May 20, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
Everything Boe and Dave says is correct man. You are overlooking all that...

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1527 on: May 20, 2018, 08:51:04 PM »
I actually didn't have a problem with this, not knowing any Russian. I "played" the charming tourist and had no problem talking ladies in to having lunch/dinner or a stroll to the nearest café or bar.

Then again I don't have the personality of a doorknob, nor did I in any way have the misogynist views that Trench have.

You nailed it, if you have a friendly, personable attitude most people will be open towards you.  First time I was in Russia I didn't know much Russian either.  Randomly talked to locals and once they find out you are a decent person they will be receptive.  Had people treat me to dinner and drinks.

Trench couldn't amuse a turtle much less a pretty girl. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1528 on: May 20, 2018, 09:54:20 PM »

Ok, but in that case why would she choose to date you with your 200 pounds per month for food and entertainment? You would need to have something besides $$$ or some strong chemistry. You could probably pull an average girl over there if you planned on 1k a month I think. As long as you have no major malfunctions...

I get in 1k a month here in salary before any capital gains from my building projects are taken into account. Seems a lot of money for over there and while I would spend out a bit on dating girl I would have thought to suggest such a large sum would be to suggest I would be spending out a lot on her. I've been down that path already with the last girl and two weeks of that was more than enough for me (the second week moreso). While I know a girl will want a more comfortable lifestyle I'm not looking to buy a girl I want one that is onto me. For sure if it got to marriage then would spend more on her afterwards most likely but 1k a month still looks a little on the high side.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1529 on: May 20, 2018, 10:37:40 PM »
I get in 1k a month here in salary before any capital gains from my building projects are taken into account.

"capital gains"
You keep on keeping on with nonsense -- you have zero idea --that is zero idea of what it would cost to stay in Ukraine -- which BTW- only allows  a limited amount of time in any 6 month period -- so you cannot "live" there.

"capital gains"
You have added that to your "income" numerous times  -- a capital gain is NOT income -- and it is only a capital gain if you sell and realise  any gain.
You have in fact gained nothing -- as what you refer to as a capital gain is a general rise in the value of a property. Fact is that if you want to continue living at the same standard- you are faced with buying other property that have also increased-- so -- your gain is effectively zero/
It does make it possible to realise some value -- by allowing you to borrow more against it ( presuming you were using the money to invest or in an income producing business) but -- with your level of general incompetence any lending institution would need to be having an off day !

As long as your arse points to the ground and you keep thinking you are in any way superior to anyone in Ukraine and think you can save some poor girl with your "superior" income you will continue with only your inane stupidity displayed on the forum to show for your time spent.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline alex330

« Reply #1530 on: May 20, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »
It's not that much money Trench (for clarity I am talking USD)

My brother receives 1k in military benefits and barely lives on it in Costa Rica. And he has free rent and no car.

How much do you think you can rent for? $400 lets say? Food $200 easy. One date a week @ $50 only leaves you with $200 for transportation, misc expenses, internet, and so on....

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1531 on: May 20, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »
"capital gains"
You keep on keeping on with nonsense -- you have zero idea --that is zero idea of what it would cost to stay in Ukraine -- which BTW- only allows  a limited amount of time in any 6 month period -- so you cannot "live" there.

Exactly....he keeps talking about capital gains as if it's some kind of residual income.  It's only when you sell stocks or real estate for a profit do you have capital gains.

I don't know what kind of "building project" he keeps mentioning.  not like he's actually a developer.  Here we are fortunate if you sell your primary residence it is all tax free. 

Trench doesn't have much financial wisdom.  Does he really think any woman who figures out his approach to money will stick around with him for long?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1532 on: May 20, 2018, 11:11:00 PM »
Capital is taxed as income, it is just taxed at  lower rates, which is defined as the capital gain rate.  In Canada, that rate is half the rate of ordinary income because only half the gain is taxed.  However, the portion of the gain that is taxed is taxed at the same rate as income.  In Canada, capital gains are subject to alternative minimum tax if other income is too low.  Capital gains are paid  by individuals, corporations, partnerships, and trusts in Canada (I may be missing some entities, these are the ones I deal with routinely).  That is not so in other countries.  I believe in the UK, capital gains have a tax free allowance rate then, above that, one of two rates apply.

There are sources of capital beyond stocks and real estate, and I know that is the case in the UK as well.  However, in Canada, if one were, say, buying homes, with the intention of renovating them, then flipping them, that would not be taxed as a capital gain.  It would be taxed as income.  I don't know what the position is in the UK, but I assume it would be similar, because most of the leading cases on what constitutes income or capital referred to in Canada are from the House of Lords.

So, perhaps Trench is buying properties, upgrading them, selling them, and then claiming that as on account of capital rather than income.  If that's the case, he should probably consult with a tax lawyer or accountant to ensure he is reporting the income correctly.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:18:52 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

« Reply #1533 on: May 20, 2018, 11:21:00 PM »
The TC reference to a capital gain is the renovation of his own residential property  and it's potential increase in value.

FWIW --1,000 GBP =1,343.69USD

I recall a chat conversation  a long time ago about cost estimates of what was needed -- back then I said approx $100 per day  was sensible allowance . In Ukraine over the last 4 years costs have risen dramatically and continue to.Maybe more like $150 at a rough guess.

Even if you halve my number -- which could be possible -- it is still a long way from $45 per day.

You can save money by going down market on apartment, catching the bus,buying food at the supermarket or markets ( not as cheap as some seem to think) etc etc  or not eating !!  I am sure all that frugality will really impress a girl !

A couple of days ago I saw a survey of FSUW about western men and what they expect of them -- and what they don't want.
On a list of 20 -- top of the list was "greediness" which referred to financial meanness and and lack of emotional giving !

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:22:53 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1534 on: May 20, 2018, 11:25:52 PM »
Hmm, if that is the case and he has been reporting that income, then he has a fool for an accountant.

I assumed he is renovating other properties, which is why he is only working part time.  But even if my assumption is correct, such renovations may be on account of income rather than capital.  Certainly, in Canada, they would be fully taxable.  Anything you flip (stocks, real estate, bonds, cars, etc.) for a quick profit is considered a transaction on account of income.

Offline JayH

« Reply #1535 on: May 20, 2018, 11:31:21 PM »
Hmm, if that is the case and he has been reporting that income, then he has a fool for an accountant.

And the accountant has a fool for a client!

ps there is no way TC would actually "pay" for advice  ! 

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1536 on: May 21, 2018, 12:11:40 AM »
If it is his own house he's renovating then he's gotta sell to make a profit. Unless he plans to take out a Heloc and use the equity gains to borrow money.  If his house depreciates in value though then he's screwed.  Lots of Americans had that happen in the last housing crash and walked away from their mortgages.

Better get a financial advisor soon Trench. you might have an unexpected tax bill to pay!

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1537 on: May 21, 2018, 01:12:43 AM »
Essentially I will rent out my house, the Ł400 or so clear income will be more than enough to rent a pad out there, say up to Ł200 with the other Ł200 to pay for bills food & entertainment. I'll have savings in addition so if I go over one month it will not be a big problem. Apparently the average Ukrainian monthly salary did not exceed $300 last year so I should live well comparatively speaking :)
As ever, TC you are unrealistic in the financial planning. My wife had a higher monthly allowance from me whilst she was waiting for her spouse visa. It was not excessive, but enough to ensure a comfortable lifestyle. The Ukrainian women will soon discover your financial weakness through your standard of living.

In the UK, someone like youself, would expect their wife to work. To have a good standard of living, you need to have a combined income of around Ł35,000 in southern England. You have to consider other overheads such as mortgage, pension payments, etc.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1538 on: May 21, 2018, 01:41:27 AM »
he doesn't listen to anyone so just let him do what he wants. if he runs outta money or find that girls don't care about him, well it's up to him to change.

Offline JayH

« Reply #1539 on: May 21, 2018, 01:55:35 AM »
he doesn't listen to anyone so just let him do what he wants. if he runs outta money or find that girls don't care about him, well it's up to him to change.

Blighty has joined a long list that have tried to help him --  but-- he still thinks he knows better than EVERYONE else -- apart from some half baked nonsense that fitted his own thoughts.

The real bottom line -- it would be possible to do it on his prospective budget --  BUT -- not with his insulting & condescending attitude to Ukraine and Ukrainian women. The right guy with the right intent could manage it -- however -- TC is diametrically opposed to being a right guy !

Got another one for ya all-- I note his comments about construction workers being dirty -- being English TC has probably not heard of a shower-let alone a couple of times a day !! In this country -- those guys can earn close to $200K per year working 9 day fortnights and 6 weeks plus paid annual leave . Needless to say they are  not  sitting on their backsides all day !

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #1540 on: May 21, 2018, 02:08:23 AM »

None of the posts I write (more or less) even if addressed to Trench is not actually written to make him understand, it's more for the lurkers out there that still might be able to get some insight in to this, and actually value shared experience and a good advice.

I am still waiting for Trench to pick up on my offer for a free dinner, but.. he dodged that one as he has with so many other questions.
Selective reading or a reading disability?
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1541 on: May 21, 2018, 02:12:15 AM »
pretty much every guy here has had more success than him yet he thinks his "way" is the best.  I laugh when he says he won't Skype or chat with the girls beforehand.  When he shows up to Ukraine I am betting most of the girls will flake out on him.  As they aren't emotionally invested in him at all. 

His antiquated views on life shows how out of touch he is.  I bet he's been stuck in his little town for his entire life and not even ventured out to London except in transit.

The oilsand workers here used to pull in 6 figures until the price of oil dropped.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1542 on: May 21, 2018, 02:33:16 AM »

I am still waiting for Trench to pick up on my offer for a free dinner, but.. he dodged that one as he has with so many other questions.
Selective reading or a reading disability?

I read the offer...surprised that Trench didn't go for it seeing how cheap he is!  It's a free dinner.  He probably realized he couldn't even pull one lady or "bird" as he calls them.

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1543 on: May 21, 2018, 02:47:54 AM »
Well it will affect least cover the essentials, I can then either live of savings and/or do a bit of English Foreign Language Tutoring. Main thing is I won't be working all the time. I think the rental income alone may give a but of a spartan lifestyle but still I will probably get by ok on it. Most Ukrainians apparently live on a lot less.
The amount you could make from tutoring English is minimal. Why would you spend your savings just to temporarily live in Ukraine? Don't be foolish. Keep working, save money and meet women online, it's the best way to suceed. Why are you so stubborn? No woman is going to be impressed by a man who can only afford the essentials.

Most of the women here are going to expect you to improve your standing in life and have a solid plan for doing that. Are you ready?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:43:08 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Jumper

« Reply #1544 on: May 21, 2018, 11:56:43 AM »
Don't you have a teenage son also ?

My son is now a fine  grown man .
and 22yo. Has never had any kind of attitude towards anyone,certainky not to a working man or blue collar. He grew up always with me so that's no surprise .
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:28:46 PM by Jumper »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #1545 on: May 21, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »
OMG.. Haven't you noticed ...?

Trench even has BIzarre viewpoints on kids, too

@Blighty - cannot agree with your 'classification' of Trench as typical ...   He mostly brings shame on other UK posters with his 'adviSe'. / opinions. The scary thing is - he is now a 'hero member' - for posting an awful lot of drivel and responding to criticism with more bollox or a woeful sense of humour

I have noticed,it is why ive tried to point out to him that his mentality needs adjustment.
One of the main things that most any FSU woman (or UK woman) would truly value, and that he he can offer, is being a good father.
  People can change,they can grow,mature, what they value can change.
How much is  up to them.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #1546 on: May 21, 2018, 01:52:58 PM »
Reading Trench Coats threads and comments is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1547 on: May 21, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »

I assumed he is renovating other properties, which is why he is only working part time.  But even if my assumption is correct, such renovations may be on account of income rather than capital.  Certainly, in Canada, they would be fully taxable.  Anything you flip (stocks, real estate, bonds, cars, etc.) for a quick profit is considered a transaction on account of income.

No, house renovation is a capItal gain in the UK if it is your only/main residence and you have lived there for a while. It would only be classed as income of you were an actual business, didn't take up residence in the property. No capical gains tax is payable if you have lived there a while. Why? Because as someone has said the market moves up & down so otherwise people would be being taxed on a house that may have just gone up with inflation or with all the rest of the market making it difficult for then to afford to move because they would be buying another house that gas gone up similarly.

So the taxman here does not judge whether your house has risen in line with the market of inflation, it's too much for the taxman to deal with and would gets everyones backs up. So any improvements which may have made the property rise above the market value it otherwise would have had are seen as a reward to the homeowner for doing up the property. Otherwise no one would bother doing up their home much and the stock of housing in the UK would be even worse.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1548 on: May 21, 2018, 04:33:46 PM »
The TC reference to a capital gain is the renovation of his own residential property  and it's potential increase in value.

FWIW --1,000 GBP =1,343.69USD

I recall a chat conversation  a long time ago about cost estimates of what was needed -- back then I said approx $100 per day  was sensible allowance . In Ukraine over the last 4 years costs have risen dramatically and continue to.Maybe more like $150 at a rough guess.

Even if you halve my number -- which could be possible -- it is still a long way from $45 per day.

You can save money by going down market on apartment, catching the bus,buying food at the supermarket or markets ( not as cheap as some seem to think) etc etc  or not eating !!  I am sure all that frugality will really impress a girl !

A couple of days ago I saw a survey of FSUW about western men and what they expect of them -- and what they don't want.
On a list of 20 -- top of the list was "greediness" which referred to financial meanness and and lack of emotional giving !

Jay, the Ukrainian worker is NOT earning $100 a day so why would I need it. If they are paying  $200 a month for a flat then likilihoid is most aren't earning much more than $400 a monthigh.  From stuff online many seem to suggest ita not a lot more than $200 that they earn outside of Kiev.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1549 on: May 21, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
No, house renovation is a capItal gain in the UK if it is your only/main residence and you have lived there for a while. It would only be classed as income of you were an actual business, didn't take up residence in the property. No capical gains tax is payable if you have lived there a while. Why? Because as someone has said the market moves up & down so otherwise people would be being taxed on a house that may have just gone up with inflation or with all the rest of the market making it difficult for then to afford to move because they would be buying another house that gas gone up similarly.

So the taxman here does not judge whether your house has risen in line with the market of inflation, it's too much for the taxman to deal with and would gets everyones backs up. So any improvements which may have made the property rise above the market value it otherwise would have had are seen as a reward to the homeowner for doing up the property. Otherwise no one would bother doing up their home much and the stock of housing in the UK would be even worse.

So then what you take home annually is less than 15,000?  How are you paying capital gains on a your primary residence?  Have you sold it? 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1430
Most Online Ever: 12701