It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 476906 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2250 on: August 15, 2018, 03:04:06 PM »

I put the part about the wedding to illustrate just one of many possible costs that you will incur once you “found somone”

money wan’t a major issue for me when I was single, I never spent a lot of money on myself, I was unusually frugal compared to my peers, but I had to change my savings habits and learn not to swallow hard when my wife “needed” money for clothes, money for school, money for her family, money for ...”  you get my point

I know what you mean, when I was with the last girl we had a talk and she left me in no doubt I would be stumping the cost for everything alone. That her clothing spending was only the start of it and She didn't care if I spent all my time at work that is what I do. At her spend frequency I doubt if I would ever come home, lol. Still it did help to focus me on what I'm getting myself into with potentially any girl. Sure some will have a lesser spend frequency on clothes (hopefully) but in pretty much all cases I will be paying for two, then with children three or four, etc.

Like you say each time thd request for this or that is made it can bite particularly when they don't seem to realise it's all adding up/the cost of it all. However, I think with a girl on a reasonable spend frequency I can do it. I don't have a mortgage and my other costs are quite low.

So it's really a case of relaxing about it all and just taking the financial hammering and letting it take its impact. I accept now that I will have to do this to get the job done.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2251 on: August 15, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
So yeah, got a girl up at the moment, if she follows through ok she could be worth a weekend visit. She seems reasonable in her expectations and quite attractive looking, I guess a good 7 or so and I'm happy with that. She into similar stuff to me, looks like she may want to do surfing sometime and that's not a problem for me in terms of outlay - a wetsuit and a few lessons where they provide the board. Course she may or may not like it and I would off course give it a try also. Odds are if it didn't take there may he other stuff she would want to try so so long as it's not outrageously expensive I would be willing to foot the bill once we were in a proper relationship/marriage of course.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2252 on: August 15, 2018, 03:46:55 PM »
surf?  where will you surf?
surely not black sea, only times I've seen anything close to "curl" conditions is in a once every 10 yr storm
or are you talking UK?  watch out for rocky coastline, get a good sandy beach
kids and I do what's called "boogy-boarding" a cheap 10 dollar piece of coated styrofoam that you lay on top of
and you don't have to worry about getting vertical just how to stay on top of the wave and glide along
stuff like that is great for a date
make sure she has flip flops/sandals
later she'll have sore feet, foot massage might help

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2253 on: August 15, 2018, 04:01:02 PM »
surely not black sea, only times I've seen anything close to "curl" conditions is in a once every 10 yr storm
kids and I do what's called "boogy-boarding" a cheap 10 dollar piece of coated styrofoam that you lay on top of
and you don't have to worry about getting vertical just how to stay on top of the wave and glide along

Yeah, used to do the stryrofoam boogie boarding when on holiday on Newquay in Cornwall when younger. It was good fun, could do it in Bournemouth also I guess which is a nice place. Waves never really get that big at all but it's enough to make either boogie or surf board go. Might be worth doing the boggie board thing first as cheaper and like you say could see the standing up thing a problem. Think a lot of stuff can seem idealic until you try it and then they only turn out idealic for some that are suited for it. Yeah might be worth doing the cheaper end of stuff first as who knows if the girl wants to try a load of stuff it will probably add up a fair bit.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2254 on: August 15, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »
now you're thinking mate!!

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2255 on: August 15, 2018, 05:15:44 PM »

Have gone a couple times windsurfing on the Black Sea. Julia was impressed, I was only one to get out into to open water. The others gave up and sort of drifted back, but I selected a slightly smaller sail, both times. It seemed the wind was stronger off shore.

On the South Coast of the UK there are zero waves, or if they exist they are 'thumpers'.

There might be along what I call the West Coast of Ireland (Caribbean facing coastline) some bights or coves that might have workable waves.

My strong suspicion Trench is spouting Trenchy BS.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2256 on: August 15, 2018, 06:07:33 PM »

I surfed a lot in my youth and have got back into it lately. I was lucky to grow up in a region that has some of the best surf in the world, and also unlucky to have the biggest sharks (lost two mates over the years, surfing and diving) .... My local bombie

One of the first things I asked the woman I'm chatting with, was regarding surfing in the black sea. There are a few surf spots in Ukraine (Radostniy has 2.5 foot swell today), southern Russia and Turkey, but nothing to get too excited about. Looking at pictures it's probably good for beginners on a long board.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2257 on: August 15, 2018, 06:36:42 PM »
dunno if you 'strine speakers know who Mark Foo was
I watched him surf when I used to live in Monterey, CA
he died I think 2 yr after I watched him at Big Sur
he was WAY, WAY above any thing I ever aspired to
he looked like a little speck skiing down a mountain
my style was Ocean City, Maryland, 10 ft max
but for me THAT was a lot of fun
only once did I ever have the board hit me on the head in a "wipeout"
lesson learned
after that ALWAYS wore an ankle leash

where I lived in Krim, no waves at all except after a big storm
but great diving and NO SHARKS and excellent visibility - AND scallops!!!!

Offline Davo2

« Reply #2258 on: August 15, 2018, 07:04:52 PM »
I've watched many videos of Mark and the whole pioneering Mavericks crew. Pretty sad and a big loss to all surfers around the world.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2259 on: August 15, 2018, 07:22:44 PM »
Trench,

on wanting only the “hot” woman

judge not least you be the one who is judged
for with what judgment YOU judge, you shall also BE judged
and what mercy you give to others, shall also be given to you
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:32:23 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2260 on: August 15, 2018, 08:07:24 PM »
shore.

On the South Coast of the UK there are zero waves, or if they exist they are 'thumpers'.

Hmm, You should tell this to the folks of ( example ) Fistral Beach, Newquay in Cornwall

"Newquay is famous for the Boardmasters surfing championships, held at Fistral Beach, which attract competitors from all over the world. " [ source:http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/Newquay ]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/cornwall/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9123000/9123614.stm

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2261 on: August 15, 2018, 09:59:00 PM »
Hmm, You should tell this to the folks of ( example ) Fistral Beach, Newquay in Cornwall

"Newquay is famous for the Boardmasters surfing championships, held at Fistral Beach, which attract competitors from all over the world. " [ source:http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/Newquay ]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/cornwall/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9123000/9123614.stm

How obstinate (and dishonest) can you be?

They are talking of limited surfing during storms in the winter. Go ahead give it a try today.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:02:44 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2262 on: August 15, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
I surfed a lot in my youth and have got back into it lately. I was lucky to grow up in a region that has some of the best surf in the world, and also unlucky to have the biggest sharks (lost two mates over the years, surfing and diving) .... My local bombie..

Hhhmm..surfers.

Lived most of my life no further than a half mile from a beach. Became a goofy footer too.

Davo-

Maverick's a beast! The only great shelf in Kali. Bang on cojones! SoCal, mostly, and with respects to HB, doesn't see much double overheads though but with occasional barrels. There are some choice spots for shredders but for the most part, like Old Man's in OC, mostly fun to hang ten.

We'd have to trek down to SD, if not south of the border back in the days just to chase consistent sets - schoolyard was tops. But the boys down south are fairly territorial. They aren't too cool for *outside litters*.

I'm mostly a long boarder now, if I even get out at all. I tried to teach wifey when she first got here, even had my bruddah cut her her own board, but it just never panned out. She digs boogie boarding but would never paddle out to point with me again. She said she almost drowned the first time she went through the wash. Instead she'd just waddle out waist high to the white wash and hop on. Besides, she hated the fins and she couldn't quite get the hang how to properly do a duck dive. So she'd always end up with a mouthful of OP. I also kept telling her never to walk face out with fins on but she'd shun it altogether or toss them over by the shore. Did my time with the boogie. As surfers, we call them speed bumps.

I liked boogie boarding when we get that late afteroon sets. I'd kill a couple hours easy before the sun goes down. Enough sets for a few El-rollos and 360s. Eliminator with side rails. They don't make them anymore.

I agree too that 2.5 footers, Trench, or any beginner, will be better off with the LB. His height (6') will serve him well with a 12'er. Maybe they have those massive tandem boards, like they use in Waikiki to teach the tourists. When I took my wife and family to Hawaii, I signed them up for lessons. They had a blast but it looked ugly. FIL was like a child lost in funville. MIL, like wifey, enjoys boogie boarding. Not sure if you call it that the way they do it. They all saw the pipeline and really loved the culture and the beaches of north shore.

If Trench went with this gal, and went boogie boarding instead, they won't have sore feet, but rather blown shoulders. Paddling will be the toughest part. They'll be better served paddle boarding. Not tough to do if they have a good sense of balance.

OZ, yeah, surf heaven.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:40:37 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2263 on: August 15, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
Have gone a couple times windsurfing on the Black Sea. Julia was impressed, I was only one to get out into to open water. The others gave up and sort of drifted back, but I selected a slightly smaller sail, both times. It seemed the wind was stronger off shore..

Windsurfing is fun! I never got good at it to get crazy. Altogether different philosophy than surfing. I made the mistake of trying it the first time in Kihei. Dead on tradewinds central. Bad idea. I thought I'd die the next day with a very sore lower back.

Windsurfing's a dying sport where we are though. Some still do in Malibu and I think up in Sta. Barbara. It's been replaced by kite surfing. Which really looks like a blast. Some guys even do this on blacktops, or huge vacant parking lots.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2264 on: August 15, 2018, 11:56:19 PM »
Trench,

on wanting only the “hot” woman

judge not least you be the one who is judged
for with what judgment YOU judge, you shall also BE judged
and what mercy you give to others, shall also be given to you

Well I'm not a religious type but I think that is part of the problem of why I have not been getting a strong response. I'm kind of now wary of going for hot chicks anywhere near the 9 or 10. Yet it gets sooo tempting :P

At the same time I find I also need to be genuinely into the girl. She doesn't have to be a model but usually I find she tends to need something nice visually about here even of she is not that attractive but I find has an edgy look to her. In all honesty though I couldn't go for a girl who I genuinely didn't feel I would be at all into on a visual front though as I don't think my thing would happen between us. So it's a difficult one, but yes a 7 is probably a more comfortable fit with me as like I said before I'm no model myself.

Offline BC

« Reply #2265 on: August 16, 2018, 12:41:39 AM »

BC -- you have been absent in threads for much of the TC ignorance --  and you only need to read his reply to your post to see that he simply does not "get" any of this ! :deadhorse: ;D

Oh, no worries didn't take much reading at all to get the drift.  Was just a poke to provoke a bit of thought.. but instead the hole just got dug deeper.

Offline JayH

« Reply #2266 on: August 16, 2018, 01:42:41 AM »
now you're thinking mate!!

Nope -- his brain is in neutral- no thinking there !

TC  & thinking = oxymoron
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #2267 on: August 16, 2018, 04:06:30 AM »
How obstinate (and dishonest) can you be?

You are addressing your mirror..

They are talking of limited surfing during storms in the winter. Go ahead give it a try today.

As a sailor you'd know the prevailing wind is SW in Cornwall and strong winds are not confined to winter...

Here's a web cam from Fistral beach:

http://magicseaweed.com/Live-Newquay-Fistral-Webcam/3/

It's a shame that a gentleman like your good-self cannot simply admit : "Moby, you were right - I apologise "

BdHvA

It is noted you declined to point  out ANY dishonesty of mine with examples  - forgetting you aren't protected from posting daft , here - the last time you suggested same.. 

What does that infer ?

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2268 on: August 16, 2018, 04:21:01 AM »
Trench

i'm an atheist, I think my massaged version of Matthew 7 1 relates directly to the kind of thinking that I feel is holding you back

while you're judging a woman, is she a 7 or an 8...
YOU yourself are being judged, it's a two-way street (do drive on the correct side)
but if you show compassion, that compassion may be returned

think about this and have your moment of Zen

also, about London, does London turn you off for some reason?  not a familiar environment, too chaotic, too many people?

I LOVE the east-end accent

me main man sanjit and me was at iz gran's

I would talk this way ALL the time, but therapist says "no..."

Offline rwd123

« Reply #2269 on: August 16, 2018, 05:35:32 AM »
The best thing to do in life, is to give without expectation of receiving anything in return - a buddhist-like detachment. The act of service to others.

Sometimes the universe will be kind to you and give you something back. When it does, boy it can be most satisfying.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2270 on: August 16, 2018, 05:55:16 AM »
word...

he who has ears may listen...

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2271 on: August 16, 2018, 06:46:38 AM »
Trench

i'm an atheist, I think my massaged version of Matthew 7 1 relates directly to the kind of thinking that I feel is holding you back

while you're judging a woman, is she a 7 or an 8...
YOU yourself are being judged, it's a two-way street (do drive on the correct side)

think about this and have your moment of Zen

also, about London, does London turn you off for some reason?  not a familiar environment, too chaotic, too many people?

I LOVE the east-end accent

me main man sanjit and me was at iz gran's

I would talk this way ALL the time, but therapist says "no..."
Nobody talks like that in the East End.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2272 on: August 16, 2018, 06:48:38 AM »
i'm not spellin it right surely!

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2273 on: August 16, 2018, 07:09:01 AM »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2274 on: August 16, 2018, 08:00:59 AM »
yeah, thaz right, thaz wha i said izznt it

LOVE IT!!!  THANKS FOR THAT!!!
will be listening to it over and over today
every time I go to London I meet girls like her
c'mon Trench what's wrong with this lass
theyz everywhere in London, just go into a sainsbury you'll probably see a dozen

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541429
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701