It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Driving me crazy  (Read 2266 times)

Offline KenInUtah

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Driving me crazy
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:05:04 PM »
I'm getting very frustrated.  Our case was sent by NVC to the Embassy on 7/31 and the electronic file was received on 8/4 but after I sent the Embassy an email yesterday, I got a response overnight that "As of this date, the file has not yet been received by the Embassy."  I called NVC and they said that it could be stuck in Customs and they are putting a trace on it.

Of course our minds are going crazy...it's paperwork, what does customs have to do?  Could this be because of sanctions?...I've looked on VJ and no one who has got their NOA2 since we did has been scheduled.  What's going on?

Then to top it all off, my ex hit me with a $2500 bill today for my daughter's braces and Lily got all upset (crying, not mad) that "why is everyone against us? That is money we could have used to start our life..." and I felt so bad for her because she is hanging on by her fingernails and her pride will not let me send her any money to help her out.  She keeps telling me to save the money for plane tickets, our wedding and honeymoon...So I have felt terrible all day because I hate seeing her sad and this waiting is really hard on both of us.

Has anyone heard anything on what is taking the Embassy so long?  We've done the DS-160 and paid the fee weeks ago.  Has anyone heard of recent wait times?  Unfortunately VJ is not much help right now

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Driving me crazy
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »

Then to top it all off, my ex hit me with a $2500 bill today for my daughter's braces and Lily got all upset (crying, not mad) that "why is everyone against us? That is money we could have used to start our life...

Ken, I can't answer your questions about the paperwork, but this line stuck out to me.   Obviously I have no idea what you are saying to your fiancee/wife, but for her to be crying because your ex wife needs money for your daughter's braces is NOT good.   It is a normal expense that you should be taking care of without complaint, or frankly even comment at this stage. You are going to inadvertently wind up pitting everybody against each other if you aren't careful.  Despite your new life, you can't forget or groan about your commitment to your child....unless you are prepared to lose her. 

Good luck,
Fathertime!     
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:22:53 PM by fathertime »
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 09:17:12 PM »
I'm getting very frustrated.  Our case was sent by NVC to the Embassy on 7/31 and the electronic file was received on 8/4 but after I sent the Embassy an email yesterday, I got a response overnight that "As of this date, the file has not yet been received by the Embassy."  I called NVC and they said that it could be stuck in Customs and they are putting a trace on it.

Of course our minds are going crazy...it's paperwork, what does customs have to do?  Could this be because of sanctions?...I've looked on VJ and no one who has got their NOA2 since we did has been scheduled.  What's going on?

I once had the NVC send my wife's paperwork to the wrong consulate. My wife was living in Libya but I clearly stated on the paperwork that she's going to do the interview in Ukraine but they sent it to Libya. Who knows? Your paperwork may have been shipped to the wrong consulate.

my ex hit me with a $2500 bill today for my daughter's braces and Lily got all upset (crying, not mad) that "why is everyone against us?

Just wait till your ex hits you for a $50,000 bill for your daughters out of state college tuition. Hopefully your ex doesn't try to cause you problems during your marriage to Lily. Never talk about the new wife in front of the old wife. Also don't stress out Lily with any of the drama the old wife is giving you. You have a responsibility to pay for half of your daughters dental but I don't think bringing it up to Lily was good for her nerves. Some women take unpleasant news as a bad sign.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenInUtah

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 05:25:49 AM »
Good points from both of you.  For the record, I take my obligations to my daughter seriously. Its just the timing

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:23:47 AM »
During the Summer, the embassy is processing a lot of student visas. I think they push those ahead because schools will be starting soon.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701