It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How Did You Meet Your Wife  (Read 7038 times)

Offline ccarten

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
How Did You Meet Your Wife
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:49:47 PM »
Thought it might be interesting for the married guys and helpful for the others if married guys would share their experience on what method they used to meet their wife.

I met my wife Tanya using www.soulmatesworld.com myself.  I never used postal mail for correspondence, only e-mail.  I tried to look for women that could speak at least some English and that did not have any children from a previous marriage.  When I first wrote to my wife, neither of us was really serious about it.  I was kind of just playing around and she was getting practice on her English skills.  Back in 1999, soulmatesworld was quite a bit different, you could purchase a girl's e-mail, postal address and phone number.  We wrote back and forth pretty much every weekday (she had a computer with Internet access at work) and about 2 months later she kind of bluntly asked me, "When are you going to come see me?".  I thought about it for about 1 minute and decided, I need to get some time off, get tickets and go.  A month later I was in Kiev and met her.  Two months later, I went back again for her birthday and when I got back from the second trip I started the K-1 process.

I remember being in the airport during myt my first trip thinking to myself, "What the hell am I doing, flying halfway around the world to met some girl?'

I know quite a few AM/RW couples where guy went to met a girl he had been corresponding with and it did not work out with the girl he went to meet, but they ended up meeting another girl instead and they ended up marrying her instead.  Also, a few of the couples, the guy lived other there for a while working for an American company and met someone and they moved back to the US.

Any one else got a story to tell?

Offline Son of Clyde

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:18:24 AM »
A guy named Doug Salem posted on RWG. He seemed like a pretty decent guy and a good writer. I sent him a pm and he turned me on to his "Snail Mail"  campaign. I used the Athena agency to purchase the addresses.

I wrote to about 20 women (Doug thought it should be 80) and my wife was among the first 15 I contacted. I was translating my letters into Russian and sending the original English letters,  handwritten by me.

My wife liked the idea of her letters being translated before I mailed them. She was the one who was the most consistant with her correspondence. When I did not write for a week or two she contacted her sister in the US who phoned me to make sure I was ok. This was when I thought she might be the one.

There was even a time when she stopped writing to me and I got frantic and asked Doug's wife to contact her. It ended up that my wife had been on the road with her job for two weeks. After this time there was never a lull in our correspondence.

There were doubters. If you can find the "Floating Down De Nile" thread on RWG you will see that JB did not support me at all.

I was stubborn like Doug, Photo Guy (whom I admire very much for his persistance).

Photo Guy was in a similar situation, meeting a woman and having very little "face time" I had about 15 days with my wife and I proposed after a week. This was mostly because I did not want to leave her without her knowing she was the one.

She has some faults and I have many faults. I was a lifelong bachelor and a bit lazy. I am trying to mend my ways to be helpful and supportive. I am placing her and her sun as my top priorities. My needs have been secondary since they arrived. I think after a year or two we will all be comfortable as a family. It is a learning experience every day.

I found my soulmate and I never looked back. Sometimes I had doubts,  but it was usually some issue I needed to deal with. Communication is not always easy. Her English has improved greatly. I think we have a bright future once we get over the first year.

There are issues at home and I have chosen not to post personal things on this board. We are solving these issues on our own and it is working well.

I really want to thank Maxx, Ken (in Richmond), Darryl, Vaughn, Turboguy, DaKnack, Patrick, Ste, Shadow, Matt and others who have become friends over the past year or two. It is a great feeling knowing there are people here who really care.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 07:43:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline ccarten

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 07:44:14 AM »
My wife was one of the advisors on Doug & Olga Salem's Yahoo Group - Ask Olga And Friends for a while, but she got bored with question guys were asking the advisors.

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 07:50:49 AM »
I had a falling out with Doug, but I am truly grateful he and Olga helped me find my wife. I had my differences with Doug on RWG but had it not been for he and Olga, I might still be searching.

Offline dorogoyroberto

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 10:06:54 AM »
Lilya and I met on BeHappy, the "peer" site that is now known as Merrydating: http://www.merrydating.com

As with BeHappy, Merrydating does not permit the exchange of phone  numbers/email addresses unless one pays a "Gold" membership fee. A  program screens the internal messages users send to each other; if you  are not a paying member, contact information gets x'd out.

Roberto
Kiev, Ukraine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
How Did You Meet Your Wife?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 02:40:21 PM »
I was in Voronezh Russia meeting a girl and it didn't work out.
So I went on the social media sites and local dating apps and
started seeing others. Then one day, I saw a girl with dazzling
green eyes and I convinced her to meet me.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline I/O

Re: How Did You Meet Your Wife
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 08:39:07 PM »
She was pole dancing in a strip club. She couldn't resist when I slipped a couple of hundred euro notes her way. Love at first sight payment...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 09:45:43 PM »

She was living in Libya when I first communicated with her. Her mom was a doctor working there which is why she was there. I almost didn't visit her because I had two Russian college girls on work/travel visas coming to stay with me for the summer. Their first stop was in NY to visit friends and they decided to stay in NY so it was an easy decision for me to go after option #2 which turned out to be the best option.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 08:17:03 PM »
I was on a business trip to Ukraine.
Her husband (at the time) was a rising executive with a Western Europe business firm that had an operation in Ukraine.
I met her at a dinner party and some other times briefly.
Fast forward 5 years, he moved into top management, and then died unexpectedly.
A year later she unexpectedly contacted me and expressed interest in coming to USA to get a business degree to help manage the substantial payout she got from his company insurance plan.
We met the next time I was in Ukraine on a WMVM trip, sparks flew and . . . here we are.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 11:05:15 PM »
Initially I was not Looking for a foreign will. After my first visit to Russian.....it did become part of my subsequent trips. It was my fifth trip to Russia. I was going to visit Stavropol, Pyatigorsk & Krasnodar. My trip was in four months. I was looking for an interpreter/guide to the area. On the RWG some-one mentioned a new, small, website called TrueLoves.com and suggested I try to find an English speaker. The person who seemed to meet the requirements as an interpreter/guide....turned out to be an English teacher with 15 years experience at an international language institute. We had a real nice 1/2 hour telephone conversation. She agreed to accept the job. A few weeks later we had an hour conversation.....which eventually turned into regular conversations a few times a week.

It turns out she was not looking for a foreign husband. Over the years she had helped a dozen friends, coworkers etc......help in writing letters, phone calls etc. Her girlfriends urged her to file a profile......what was the harm? You never know. We kind of hit it off during our phone conversations.......resulting in my cutting off visits to Krasnodar and Pyatigorsk. Stavropol turned out to be a beautiful city....with many interesting features.

A few more visits......marriage......and 17 wonderful years together.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline whynotme

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 02:47:53 AM »
My husband is still married and alive. Many guys from RUA predicted the opposite and suggested him to find better wife :devil:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 12:12:20 PM »
My husband is still married and alive. Many guys from RUA predicted the
opposite and suggested him to find better wife :devil:

It's Milala! Welcome

В основном мертвый британский поэт предсказывал неудачу. Он не
мог предсказать собственный развод.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 06:33:24 AM »
At first I wasnt going to reply to this thread, since my meeting was pre internet. It was done through an agency that tailor made my choices. But I have a big tip for those looking to meet via internet

The girls i liked, I sent photos. Me and my new car, me and my new house, me playing golf, me and my buddies, me me me. But I sent two family holiday photos, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Each girl remarked that the family ones were BY FAR their favorites

If I was looking for a wife via internet, stop with the pictures of yourself, and send them family ones. It totally breaks down barriers

Offline Sea Salt Caramel

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 01:47:50 PM »
Yup, I can totally confirm that - family pics are special, and they are in a totally different league from pics of material possessions.
I would also advise having some pics of yourself enjoying your hobbies - unless your only hobby is to plop on a couch with a sixpack (and I don't mean chiseled abs here LOL).

Basically, rather than the pics screaming "look what I've got" they need to be telling a story of "this is who I am".

If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 02:24:30 PM »

Basically, rather than the pics screaming "look what I've got" they need to be telling a story of "this is who I am".

The pics, whatever they show, do always tell 'who I am". If they show material things that is what person is about. If family photos are sent then that is what is important.
If most pics in bikini are sent, then showing off a body.
Only thing to worry about is how recent are the pics!!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 06:36:23 PM »
One gal I was meeting sent me a new pic with each email.
She progressed from about 120 pounds to 170 pounds.
At least she ended up honest.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline I/O

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 06:50:18 PM »
progressed from about 120 pounds to 170 pounds
Interest on original investment..?🤔

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 06:56:04 PM »
Interest on original investment..?🤔

Something like that.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1863
Total: 1874

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM