Forum > RWD Project Requests

Please Help Find Out Why Cancer Rate in Crimea is So High

(1/3) > >>

krimster2:

why is the cancer rate so high in Crimea?
in some villages the cancer rate is over 50%!!!!
is it because the North-Crimean Canal is bringing concentrations of Chernobyl-derived Cs-137 and Sr-90 into Crimea’s farms?
for the last 30+ years has Crimean top soil has been accumulating Cs-137 and Sr-90 which is passed along in produce to people?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23639695

this summer I’m using my own funds to do a ground and hydrology sample gathering to be tested in usa and report published

meanwhile for Crimean Cancer patients
the only radiation machines for cancer patients broke in 2015 and no longer functioning
so radiation therapy is not even provided in Crimea since then
meanwhile Ukraine’s stockpile of cancer medications that the Russians took after occupation have been depleted, and there’s no new ones forthcoming
so if you have cancer in crimea you’re SOL

i'm asking fellow RWDers who travel to Krim to PM me about sample gathering and preparation

i'm trying to do something about getting equipment fixed, will know more when i'm there in person 2 months from now
it's a crisis and no one there is doing a single thing about it...

jone:
I wouldn't advertise your intentions too clearly here.  Your actions, while totally commendable, would fly in the face of the political thought for Krim.   If any of the authorities get wind of your actions you could find yourself detained or expelled permanently.

We have over a thousand guests, each day, who read this forum.  Many are here for free language lessons.  Others, here, might have more dubious reasons for reading this.

krimster2:
"I wouldn't advertise your intentions too clearly here."

aware, publicity is my best and only defense
worse case, they'll deny me entry

best case, I'm going to find physical evidence
that Chernobyl-derived Cs-137 and Sr-90 has flowed from the North Crimean Canal into Crimea's
interior and has been accumulating in soil for 30+ years and that the radiation is INCREASING and not DECREASING there as a result!
and that the increasing accumulation in soil has also lead to an increased accumulation in locally grown produce!
and that people are dying from cancer in ever increasing numbers from this!!!!
and meanwhile cancer treatment in Crimea is non-functional...

that's probably what I'm going to find out when I run the samples....
yup.....

yur call fancy bear
what next

krimster2:
it's also possible that someday someone may bring cancer medications to Crimea
and this would be banned by both the USA and Russia
but someday someone may do this

krimster2:
it would be simple for Russia to stop someone from investigating this or from bringing cancer meds to Krim
fancy bear is smart!
fancy bear knows it would be better to figure out how to use it instead

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version