It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Greetings! How does this work?  (Read 15481 times)

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Greetings! How does this work?
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:20:07 PM »
Greetings all!

I've been what you may call "lurking" around the forum on and off for the past few months and I have found the stories shared here to be so relatable and chock-full of good advice and grandfather-ly wisdom  :popcorn: (meant it as a compliment)

Just to introduce myself, I am now 24 years of age, perhaps a little bit too young to start my search for a life partner in the FSU and probably exacerbated by the fact that I am currently only an unemployed student who is studying for a masters degree in good ol England with the occasional internships in multi-national oil companies like BP, though I have never doubted my conviction to do so. I am not one who's afraid of commitment.

I have always been fascinated by certain pieces of literature that have ever come out of this old civilisation such as "War & Peace" by Leo Tolstoy and I immediately fell in love with Russian culture and its rich history the first time I was in Moscow where I had the chance to witness the beautiful metro underground, truly a spectacle to behold. Perhaps I am the very definition of a russophile albeit a vintage one :cluebat: ;D

Lastly, I have searched throughout the forum but I haven't figured out why I am still forbidden from sending PMs? Also, I can't seem to view other people's profiles. Is it intended to be that way by design? Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Re: Greetings! How does this work?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:26:21 PM »
You need three posts to send PM's or see profiles.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
Hi Kynzazor, I take it your the white guy?

Anyway one English guy to another I would say use your mid to late twenties for building up money and a good income. A pad that you own, even in a cheap part of the UK is also needed. Guys have no doubt got an FSW without some of this but it's really the type of set up you need to be decent to yourself and a FSW. You don't need to be a millionaire or particularly wealthy or have a real large income just sufficient enough to support a family as the what FSW will expect you to be able to do.

Also, spend part of your mid-late twenties getting experience in the FSU dating world as few get there first time and a bit of experience under the belt helps for when your really ready. Message 7 Skype dome girls if not already & go out and meet a few. Be careful though not to over BS as if you find one you like you could lose out from it.

I first looked at the FSU dating scene ten years back in my latE twenties and wish I prepared better between then and now. I'm getting there with regard to being in a decent position now but I could have done more sooner.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:08:04 AM »

Welcome Kynrazor - I apologise for our fellow UK citizen's ignorance/ nosiness.. [ and my getting you nick spelt wrong - initially !]

Trench - can you see the uniform the 'white' guy is wearing ? Perhaps you can read the writing .. ?

Anyway one English guy to another I would say use your mid to late twenties for building up money and a good income. A pad that you own, even in a cheap part of the UK is also needed. Guys have no doubt got an FSW without some of this but it's really the type of set up you need to be decent to yourself and a FSW. You don't need to be a millionaire or particularly wealthy or have a real large income just sufficient enough to support a family as the what FSW will expect you to be able to do.

Also, spend part of your mid-late twenties getting experience in the FSU dating world as few get there first time and a bit of experience under the belt helps for when your really ready. Message 7 Skype dome girls if not already & go out and meet a few. Be careful though not to over BS as if you find one you like you could lose out from it.

I first looked at the FSU dating scene ten years back in my latE twenties and wish I prepared better between then and now. I'm getting there with regard to being in a decent position now but I could have done more sooner.

Ah, our 'expert' in FSU dating and 'things' FSU ...'Bless' .. ;D

When are you starting to chase UK lasses and stop posting daft advice to newbies ?

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:06:20 PM by msmob »

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »

Get it right - his name is KynRazor.

Message 7 Skype dome girls if not already & go out and meet a few.

We're not supposed to need translations from members, but what the hell is this supposed to mean?

I first looked at the FSU dating scene ten years back in my latE twenties and wish I prepared better between then and now.

You mean that you were WORSE ten years ago than you are now?  :ROFL:  Heaven forfend!

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 05:05:30 PM »

To be fair to our FSUW 'expert' - I also spelt Kynrazors's name wrong, too  :-[

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 05:14:49 PM »
To be fair to our FSUW 'expert' - I also spelt Kynrazors's name wrong, too  :-[

I DID notice - but you weren't the first!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 07:18:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum kynrazor. You're right you a bit young for this endeavor but age isn't a problem if you are financially secure.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 01:01:41 AM »
You need three posts to send PM's or see profiles.

Thanks for such a prompt response dear. Everything's working now  :thumbsup:
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 01:17:35 AM »

Anyway one English guy to another I would say use your mid to late twenties for building up money and a good income. A pad that you own, even in a cheap part of the UK is also needed.

Hey there mate! Ah nope, sorry to disappoint u TC, I'm the asian guy in that pic whose roots originate from Malaysia, a former part of the mighty British Empire!! 8) I don't think I have any right to claim any sort of financial stability for now, though as a lucky scholarship student, I do receive just enough stipend to see me through for my Masters degree. :P Still, the rent in Oxford city centre at the moment is bloody expensive!! :'( I'll definitely not be staying/working there for sure once I graduate in the near future.

By the way, what's "Skype dome girls"? I'm as curious as Anotherkiwi :D

Welcome Kynrazor - I apologise for our fellow UK citizen's ignorance/ nosiness.. [ and my getting you nick spelt wrong - initially !]

Hahah it's all good msmob, TC, Anotherkiwi. I prefer to be called Kyn. Kynrazor is just my way of making it a wee bit more difficult for people to find/investigate me :P

You're right you a bit young for this endeavor but age isn't a problem if you are financially secure.

Indeed I don't really count myself as one who's financially secure for now  :truce: but fingers crossed the job market in the UK won't have turned for the worse once the time comes for me to find a job somewhere.

I was thinking, why not start building relationships now rather than later?  ;D Then once I have settled in to a career, then I would be more or less ready to start a family right off the bat (assuming the relationship thing works out and the girl is patient enough to wait for me) :P But is it true that FSU women don't tend to remain in one for too long? Is it customary for them to marry quick? What would be the typical period for courtship and etc in the FSU? Looking forward to everyone's opinion on this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:21:02 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 02:50:21 AM »
By the way, what's "Skype dome girls"? I'm as curious as Anotherkiwi :D

Maybe they're some sort of cheerleaders - does anyone know where the Skype Dome is?  :D

Seriously, though,  :welcome: kynrazor!

I was thinking, why not start building relationships now rather than later?  ;D Then once I have settled in to a career, then I would be more or less ready to start a family right off the bat (assuming the relationship thing works out and the girl is patient enough to wait for me) :P

Jeepers!  What's your rush?  At your age, you could afford to wait a little while after you start your career before you start a family.  If you have the girl, spend some quality time with her first (e.g. exploring a new country or ten during your holidays, seeing they're all so close).

But is it true that FSU women don't tend to remain in one for too long? Is it customary for them to marry quick? What would be the typical period for courtship and etc in the FSU? Looking forward to everyone's opinion on this.

How long is a piece of string?  Although many FSU women marry younger than in the West, even that seems to be changing a bit in recent times.  It always depends on the people involved as to how long a courtship will take - and it doesn't matter where in the world they might be.

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 04:39:22 AM »
Hello Kyn,

You are young, you do not need to go MOB route.

If you can have a gap year, book yourself a language course in Russia and see if you can meet someone in real life, fall in love. There will be no need to worry about financial security as only a few people have it in mid twenties. Financial security is only important for men who get girls 20 years younger.

And if you can not do a language course, look around, there should be plenty of Russians and Russian speaking girls in Oxford. See if you really like the culture or if you like your own idea of Russian culture.

Ther is a Russian club in oxford, not sure what they do but may be worth researching?

Good luck
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:29 AM »
Hello Kyn,

If you can have a gap year, book yourself a language course in Russia and see if you can meet someone in real life, fall in love. There will be no need to worry about financial security as only a few people have it in mid twenties. Financial security is only important for men who get girls 20 years younger.

And if you can not do a language course, look around, there should be plenty of Russians and Russian speaking girls in Oxford. See if you really like the culture or if you like your own idea of Russian culture.

Ther is a Russian club in oxford, not sure what they do but may be worth researching?

Good luck

To the OP-

This is the very best advice you'll ever need. Do NOT ignore it. At your age, you should be reaping the rewards of youth.

To a great extent, the MOB is meant for a certain group of folks, and you're not in it.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »
Greetings all!

I've been what you may call "lurking" around the forum on and off for the past few months and I have found the stories shared here to be so relatable and chock-full of good advice and grandfather-ly wisdom  :popcorn: (meant it as a compliment)

Just to introduce myself, I am now 24 years of age, perhaps a little bit too young to start my search for a life partner in the FSU and probably exacerbated by the fact that I am currently only an unemployed student who is studying for a masters degree in good ol England with the occasional internships in multi-national oil companies like BP, though I have never doubted my conviction to do so. I am not one who's afraid of commitment.

I have always been fascinated by certain pieces of literature that have ever come out of this old civilisation such as "War & Peace" by Leo Tolstoy and I immediately fell in love with Russian culture and its rich history the first time I was in Moscow where I had the chance to witness the beautiful metro underground, truly a spectacle to behold. Perhaps I am the very definition of a russophile albeit a vintage one :cluebat: ;D

Lastly, I have searched throughout the forum but I haven't figured out why I am still forbidden from sending PMs? Also, I can't seem to view other people's profiles. Is it intended to be that way by design? Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

You are forbidden to send PM's because you have to make a minimum amount of posts
first, otherwise spambots come in an abuse the membership. The spambots don't know
the rules either and as a result, I don't get PMs for penis growth enhancement cream or
letters from deposed Nigerian princesses.

Make a few more posts and you should be fine.

You are probably too young and too broke/in debt to chase FSUW, but they have oil in
Russia, BP has signed a deal with Rosneft to bring a new stream of Russian gas to
European energy companies by the end of the decade. Maybe you can leverage that
situation into a job or opportunity in Russia.

Or maybe you can take a class or two over there or save a few kopecks and fly
over for a 4 day weekend or something.

[edit to add: looks like Ranetka was thinking along some of the same lines before
I came in to off my sage advice]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:20:53 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 05:36:23 PM »
I was thinking, why not start building relationships now rather than later? 

Your hormones tell you that you have needs and need to take care of them. Communicate with ladies but let them know you're an unemployed student. Be prepared for a lot of rejection. Most women know you probably don't have the means to bring them to your country should they marry you. There are a few girls out there that believe love will carry a relationship and those girls may be for you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »
You are forbidden to send PM's because you have to make a minimum amount of posts
first, otherwise spambots come in an abuse the membership. The spambots don't know
the rules either and as a result, I don't get PMs for penis growth enhancement cream
or
letters from deposed Nigerian princesses.

Make a few more posts and you should be fine.

You are probably too young and too broke/in debt to chase FSUW, but they have oil in
Russia, BP has signed a deal with Rosneft to bring a new stream of Russian gas to

Or maybe you can take a class or two over there or save a few kopecks and fly
over for a 4 day weekend or something.

[edit to add: looks like Ranetka was thinking along some of the same lines before
I came in to off my sage advice]

Actually, Bill,

You do get those PMs but your wife deletes them protecting herself from too much of a good thing.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 09:38:53 PM »
Hi Kyn

A smart intelligent chap like yourself is more likely to pickup a FSU lass who is also into the arts. No harm in joining a site like fdating.com and dipping your toe in the water.

Make sure that you let girls know that you are a Masters student and not ( yet!) a gravy train..

At 24 my father had had me and had bought his 2nd house...   One never knows what is around the corner

Have fun learning and don't - whatever you do - fall for a hotty and send any spare cash you have - before you meet her or join a pay per letter site and end up writing to a Mum in her fifties who responds to letters  ! ;)

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 08:06:07 AM »

Seriously, though,  :welcome: kynrazor!

Jeepers!  What's your rush?  At your age, you could afford to wait a little while after you start your career before you start a family.  If you have the girl, spend some quality time with her first.

Thanks Anotherkiwi! Ah btw just curious, are you an Aussie or based in NZ?

I've had one prospect so far but not sure where it's going to lead yet and I'm just taking it slow. Have been talking to her for almost half a year. Frequency is around a few messages per week with the occasional audio and video and photos now and then.

It always depends on the people involved as to how long a courtship will take - and it doesn't matter where in the world they might be.

Haha! I sure hope so! I'll need at least another year before I graduate and even then I'll need to settle into a career before I feel financially secure enough to at least start a family though perhaps we can get engaged before that  :P

Indeed, what's the rush? Well, I am just pretty convinced a future partner is what I want in the foresee-able future. Either I get a woman who will stick with me through thick and thin, fully prepared to take on this fascinating world together and produce babies or I end up senile, single and lonely at old age as I watch my comrades slowly leave me one by one without the young uns (ok, to be fair I may consider adoption...  :rolleyes: ) to keep me company, I guess?
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 08:19:15 AM »

Indeed it's an option that I've given some thought to beforehand. Blimey, if you guys are aware of how much cheap oil and gas Russia has amongst other resources, it's a wonder why their country isn't as rich (GDP-wise) as the U.S! The potential has always been there and there's practically no reason why it can't in the future.

Either way, I do wonder how UK degrees fare in the FSU, though undoubtedly my previous internship experience with oil majors could potentially help.
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:05 AM »

There is a Russian club in oxford

May consider the gap year but doesn't seem possible for me at the moment. Haha, never thought to look at my local city especially the Russian club. Thanks for the idea.

Regarding Russian culture, has it really changed that much since for eg. the time of Leo Tolstoy if we disregard political changes throughout the years? Do you see the revival of the Orthodox church as it gains more and more popularity as described by Mendelev and other posters? Or has it always been constantly popular?

To the OP-
To a great extent, the MOB is meant for a certain group of folks, and you're not in it.

and this is where I get confused. What would be your definition of the MOB route? If it is about providing future bride a better future then is the MOB-initiated relationship more transactional in nature? If that's the case, is there really a difference between normal dating and MOB when one considers it normal for men to be provider and women the family nurturer or vice versa?

Any thoughts welcomed.
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline kynrazor

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 09:05:29 AM »
Make sure that you let girls know that you are a Masters student and not ( yet!) a gravy train..

Haha I wonder how women feel especially when they have the slightest clue that you may be a potential gravy train? Hoping it does not attract the wrong attention a.k.a golddiggers  :'( :puke:

At 24 my father had had me and had bought his 2nd house...   One never knows what is around the corner

Man... those were the days mate!  8) What era was this? Nevertheless, I'm simply in awe at how your father managed that! When did he start working? What did he do?  :D  I love stories!  ;D

Have fun learning and don't - whatever you do - fall for a hotty and send any spare cash you have - before you meet her or join a pay per letter site and end up writing to a Mum in her fifties who responds to letters  ! ;)

You can be sure I won't. Actually I signed up to one years ago as curiousity got the better of me. I started off really oblivious to the PPL modus operandi. Spent round 20 quid in total and eventually realised the "girls" seemed to have always behaved funny on cam ;). No regrets though as I quite enjoyed myself with the entertainment. Imagine the replies I received when I tried to get the "girls" to engage in greek philosophy  :wallbash: :P and raised the questions of which notable ones include: whether they were sure they're virgins, and how they were going to prove it to me :ROFL:
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 09:28:55 AM »

and this is where I get confused. What would be your definition of the MOB route? If it is about providing future bride a better future then is the MOB-initiated relationship more transactional in nature? If that's the case, is there really a difference between normal dating and MOB when one considers it normal for men to be provider and women the family nurturer or vice versa?

Any thoughts welcomed.

It's when majority of your time is spent staring at computer screen trying to decipher what did she mean with the help of google translate, ogling photoshopped profile pictures and generally fantasising calling someone who is as clueless about you as you are about her a 'girlfriend ' as opposed to actually going out every weekend, meeting up with parents during festive seasons, catching up after school work, doing shopping together and actually having sex as much as you like....

Your choice.
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »
Regarding Russian culture, has it really changed that much since for eg. the time of
Leo Tolstoy if we disregard political changes throughout the years? Do you see the revival
of the Orthodox church as it gains more and more popularity as described by Mendelev
and other posters? Or has it always been constantly popular?

Most of Russia is exactly the same as it was at the time of Tolstoy's death in 1910.
You should bring a buggy whip, a vodka flask and a basic medial bag for emergencies
like the one below. (You have to put it in your checked bag, not in your carryon)
I hear tell that mercury is excellent for bouts of the vapors.

Note this boy has his tongue in his cheek

What would be your definition of the MOB route?

There are marriage agencies, if you are dealing with them then you are going
the MOB route. There is an industry in Odessa, Kiev and Nikolaev that is designed
to help old farts meet pretty young girls so they can get ALL your cash. They don't
really care or even want you to get married so you should avoid these cities and
this industry.

You are a youngster so you should meet girls in person and by using social networking.
If I were still single, I would do the same even though I am older than dirt.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:21:17 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 11:29:14 AM »
Actually, Bill,

You do get those PMs but your wife deletes them protecting herself from too much of a good thing.

Angel Eyes, knows that if I start rubbing cream on anything below my belly button
that I will soon be chasing her around the house with her panties on my head, which
apparently is bad when we have company over.

This is me from the neck up, I photoshopped the lower part.

Also those weren't Angel Eyes panties, I wasn't allowed to photograph them,
these were the closest that I could find.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »

Man... those were the days mate!  8) What era was this? Nevertheless, I'm simply in awe at how your father managed that! When did he start working? What did he do?  :D  I love stories!  ;D

Kyn - I'd be a REALLY old git in your eyes - I have a daughter a year older than you ))

My Dad  met my mother when he was at Uni and their house deposit money was stumped up by my paternal G.parents )

I reckon you know how this works, already ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1865
Total: 1876

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM