It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Life Changes...Part Deux  (Read 497095 times)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
Re: Life Changes...Part Deux
« Reply #1875 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:52 PM »
and just like that Billy got from point A where he was ridiculed to point B where he is envied. A magical power of a Russian woman.  8)
What makes you think I don't have equal or better? Because I don't post it all over the internet?
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline mies

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1876 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:42 PM »
What makes you think I don't have equal or better? Because I don't post it all over the internet?

no offense, JR. I was ironical.
 ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:54:33 PM by mies »

Offline CanadaMan

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1877 on: February 21, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »

Speaking about posting all over the internet...
Here's a priceless post from Billy a few years back.

BillyB

Re: Belarus trip report with photos!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »

... I understand you're happy about your pride and joy but you might want to hold back on some of the details. I seen an incident where a guy lost his fiancee based on what he said on the internet.

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1878 on: February 21, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »

BillyB

... I understand you're happy about your pride and joy but you might want to hold back on some of the details. I seen an incident where a guy lost his fiancee based on what he said on the internet.

:ROFL:

I mean really...

Seriously...

Thinking about this epic thread...

All the twists and turns...

Mama's sex tips...

That has to be the most hilarious slice of irony I've seen in a  looooong time...  THAT really needs to go into the "Hall of Fame" quote section... just because...

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #1879 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
no offense, JR. I was ironical.
 ;)
No prob Mies, I took it jokingly )))

BillyB

I lost a girl in Tashkent due to a trip report, not very smart, or respectful on my part. But you must understand that Bill is filling a need to be accepted (even envied) by his "peers" with what he is doing. He can color it anyway he wants but that's the root of that particular tree.

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1880 on: February 22, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »

I want to clarify that my goal isn't to impress anybody either. I'm doing this for myself.

Can you help me understand how all this helps you?

Offline Globetrotter

« Reply #1881 on: February 22, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »
Well, he has done what he's been doing for years...telling us how brilliant he is and how we should do what he is doing, so we can be as successful as he.  Unfortunatelly, brilliance is something that is...thought to be a gift, but by others, and not by the guy who proclaims it!!!
Just think, here is a middle aged guy, either Hispanic or Asian, fat and balding, and he drives a bulldozer...who has married a baby 20 year old pretty girl, from a very disfunctunial family.  He continually tells us all how well he has done...while he also brags about how his EX wife was under the dining room table at his his family Thanksgiving dinner wanting to give him head!!!  Well, he sure can pick em!
I certainly wish him well....but would give his latest relationship 2 years and one day!!!!   

Offline Gator

« Reply #1882 on: February 22, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »
Globetrotter,

I do not recommend BillyB's method as the model to follow, yet he and his bride  deserve better than your impolite post.

Let us hope their relationship lasts.  If it does not, maybe you can come back and be an "I told you so."  Some people said BillyB would not get this far.  Yet, he has.  Those people did not return to eat crow.

So, how have you done with your RW?

Sheeeesh, RWD can be so impolite at times.  Do people actually talk in person to others in this manner?

Offline Globetrotter

« Reply #1883 on: February 23, 2012, 07:35:16 AM »
Gator, just reiterated what he's been telling us for a long time. 
How's my relationship you ask?  Quite well.  We see each other every 3 or 4 months, she has a visa so she comes here as well, and last visit I took her to Arizona for a week. 
She knows and likes all of my family and friends, and emails my sister and my old aunt, as they have become friends.  Although I love her "Russian-ness" I just see her as my girl, who happens to live in Russia.  She's an engineer, an inventor and patent holder, and just fun to be with.  She went back to school to become a psychologist and this is what she does now...and is also a national emergency officer for the Russian Gov.  She's 5 years younger than me, wonderful English, and we're about one year away from pulling the trigger.  Unlike Billy, I don't tell anyone how smart I am, or how my way is best....as it is only best for me.  Also, I would never discuss my personal relationship...with anyone, or post about it.  She will soon rcve an offer to run the personal dept. of a medium sized company here (75 employees) and for serious money.  We don't need it, but it will give her something to do for as long as she likes.  She likes the baby Porsche, but the 67 Shelby scares the hell out of her (11 sec. in the 1/4).  She's now learning how to drive (over there).
Anyway, my relationship is going nicely, and thanks for asking.           

Offline SteveOR

« Reply #1884 on: February 24, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »
Sheeeesh, RWD can be so impolite at times.  Do people actually talk in person to others in this manner?

Nope.  Only on the internet where they can hide behind their anonymity (or their "mine's bigger" Shelby). . .

Offline Ade

« Reply #1885 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »

Nope.  Only on the internet where they can hide behind their anonymity (or their "mine's bigger" Shelby). . .

Speak for yourself.

Of course, it's not just about the words but tone and body language which can change the way how something is interpreted enormously - what may come across as cold, blunt and/or hurtful in pure text may not when face to face.

As for Billy and his bride. It's early days yet. There were always 3 main possibilities or variations on them that were most likely; 1) she was as nutty as him, therefore a good match, 2) she's a GCG biding her time for the sting, 3) she's a confused young girl groomed for this as much by her dysfunctional mother as by Billy.

I, for one, will not be congratulating Billy no matter which of the above it turns out to be because his original method of contacting/grooming an underage girl disgust and repulse me as are the overtones of control.

His methods are obviously hit and miss at best and to promote them as a way of success to anyone is just silly; all one has to do is to look at his history. And yes, just about anyone can get laid so that really isn't a sign of success to anyone except a sweaty teen sitting in his mother's basement.  :rolleyes:   I used to know a nice, but very weird Scottish guy that used to walk around just asking young pretty girls if they would fcuk him. 1 out of every 100 or so would and some of them were absolute stunners. But a fcuk was about all that he ever managed.

Another, more related aside; we know a RW/WM couple here. He is a Billy lookalike (aside from not being Asian, they are physically similar), he's a similar age, is a business owner, is a cocky braggart that sleeps around and has a huge ego. And he also has a controlling mentality. His wife is currently sitting in a crisis centre. My wife helped her move there a few days ago and we've helped her out with some moving boxes and a laptop. It took 4 or 5 years for that to come to a head from day one, although it would have come to light much, much sooner if she hadn't been so absolutely dependent on him. The crap she put up with from him is sickening.

So, let's talk about this again in a few years shall we?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1886 on: February 25, 2012, 03:03:07 AM »
...I, for one, will not be congratulating Billy no matter which of the above it turns out to be because his original method of contacting/grooming an underage girl disgust and repulse me as are the overtones of control....

Ade, however much this relationship "disgusts and repulses you," A was not legally underage when Billy first contacted her.  She turned 19 a few months ago, and Billy has known her rather less than two years if you read this thread from the start.  She was therefore at least 17 at time of first contact.

The age of consent in Ukraine is 16, as it is in Norway, New Zealand and much of the rest of the world, including most states of the U.S.A. (only 13 out of the 50 have an age limit as high as 18).  In addition, travelling citizens of the U.S.A. also have an age limit of 16 for consensual sex, or 12 if the age gap is less than four years (and don't worry about me, I think 12 is WAAAAAY too young, even if the other participant IS not much older).

We don't know whether or not Billy had sex with A when they first met (and I don't want to know), but legality doesn't come into it.  Morality, especially for many on this forum, does.  Of course the way that Billy ended up with A is way different from anything that anyone else on this forum could come up with - that may be why there are so many "anti" comments.  I personally wouldn't go chasing anyone remotely near that age but, if it's not illegal, and both parties are happy, then leave them be.

Offline Ade

« Reply #1887 on: February 25, 2012, 03:53:59 AM »

Ade, however much this relationship "disgusts and repulses you," A was not legally underage when Billy first contacted her.  She turned 19 a few months ago, and Billy has known her rather less than two years if you read this thread from the start.  She was therefore at least 17 at time of first contact.

The age of consent in Ukraine is 16, as it is in Norway, New Zealand and much of the rest of the world, including most states of the U.S.A. (only 13 out of the 50 have an age limit as high as 18).  In addition, travelling citizens of the U.S.A. also have an age limit of 16 for consensual sex, or 12 if the age gap is less than four years (and don't worry about me, I think 12 is WAAAAAY too young, even if the other participant IS not much older).

We don't know whether or not Billy had sex with A when they first met (and I don't want to know), but legality doesn't come into it.  Morality, especially for many on this forum, does.  Of course the way that Billy ended up with A is way different from anything that anyone else on this forum could come up with - that may be why there are so many "anti" comments.  I personally wouldn't go chasing anyone remotely near that age but, if it's not illegal, and both parties are happy, then leave them be.

I never mentioned anything about legality although you must have read in this thread that it is debatable if he was, in fact, abiding by the laws of his own state.

The age of majority in most countries is at least 18. That is the point at which children legally become adults. A was not legally an adult when Billy started his communication with her, not in my country, in his, or in hers, therefore, as far as I'm concerned, she was underage wrt relationships with a middle aged man whether it was technically illegal or not.

Offline Globetrotter

« Reply #1888 on: February 25, 2012, 08:04:55 AM »
Steve was right....way too much information.  Better to have said...civilized cars for her are fine, race cars are not!  There was a road race while she was here, which I wanted to participate in.  Instead, we went to a flower show, which was also fun.  Not that flowers are my favorite pasttime, but it was just fun being with her, watching her eyes as she was comparing what she saw as to what's in her home country.  Funny that of the information that was in my last post, this is what Steve picked to comment on.
My problem with Billy is that he has married a baby more than a generation younger than he, and writes of his "self-proclaimed intelligenge" over everyone, as if he has done something very special, when the opposite is true.  I mean, it's magnitudes more difficult to get a drivers license than a marriage license, and even the dishonest marriage agencies will advise against what he's done.  Now imagine new guys reading his exploits, also dreaming of a trophy wife, thinking they may be as lucky as Billy when in fact, there is this little "hour glass" in his wife's head set to 2 years and one day!!!  Anyway, sometime very soon, he will be paying the piper!       

Offline SteveOR

« Reply #1889 on: February 25, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »
As for Billy and his bride. It's early days yet. There were always 3 main possibilities or variations on them that were most likely; 1) she was as nutty as him, therefore a good match, 2) she's a GCG biding her time for the sting, 3) she's a confused young girl groomed for this as much by her dysfunctional mother as by Billy.

So now you've grown tired of just bashing Billy and are going to start in on his wife.  I don't think so.  A doesn't post here and as such is off limits.

Your words about A are cold, cruel and cowardly.  A real gentleman would never say such things about another man's wife.

Offline Ade

« Reply #1890 on: February 25, 2012, 11:47:53 AM »
So now you've grown tired of just bashing Billy and are going to start in on his wife.  I don't think so.  A doesn't post here and as such is off limits.

Your words about A are cold, cruel and cowardly.  A real gentleman would never say such things about another man's wife.

:rolleyes: Dude, grow up.

Offline BC

« Reply #1891 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:02 PM »
:rolleyes: Dude, grow up.

Ade,

The age issue, even when they met has been covered over and over within the first few pages.  You are adding no constructive value with your comments at this point.

General consensus is that once a couple is married, the board accepts it as such and snipes at the wife are indeed out of line.

Of couse only time will tell whether or not their decisions were wise.

Until then, best to just let it go.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #1892 on: February 25, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »

Well put Steve.  It appears you know Ade pretty well.

Offline Ade

« Reply #1893 on: February 25, 2012, 01:57:21 PM »

Well put Steve.  It appears you know Ade pretty well.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #1894 on: February 25, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
I never mentioned anything about legality although you must have read in this thread that it is debatable if he was, in fact, abiding by the laws of his own state.

The age of majority in most countries is at least 18. That is the point at which children legally become adults. A was not legally an adult when Billy started his communication with her, not in my country, in his, or in hers, therefore, as far as I'm concerned, she was underage wrt relationships with a middle aged man whether it was technically illegal or not.

Yes, as far as you are concerned.  I can't recall whether or not you previously mentioned that particular caveat, and in any case it's semantics.  You know very well that "relationships" can start at any age.  Nobody is telling you that you can't have an opinion - several posters on here agree with you, but I don't.  Was it Voltaire who said "I may not agree with your opinion, but I'll defend to the death you right to express it?" (or something along those lines, anyway).  I don't know you at all, therefore I won't be fighting in your corner come the Revolution, but I'm quite happy to accept that you have a different view from mine.

However, that doesn't give you the right to impose your morality on anyone else, let alone someone you have never met, from a country thousands of kilometres from your own and through the anonymity of an internet forum where you know that you are safe from any reaction other than more cyber-babble.

Now, for consistency, why don't you have a go at Mark Davis?  His wife Anna was only 18 when they married (younger than Billy's new wife), and their age difference is 25 years, compared with Billy and A's 22 or 23.  Why aren't you or some of the other posters bagging him the same way?  Or is their "relationship" off limits to you because they've managed to survive five years together?  Can you accept that their relationship is exactly how Billy and A may look in five years' time?

Of course Billy and A's marriage may turn into anything from a few bumps in the road to a total train wreck - so may ANY marriage.  It seems that nearly every member on here has been divorced at least once, so we've nearly all been there before.  That doesn't stop us looking again, hoping that the next time round will produce the magic relationship whcih we hoped for the first time (or second, or third...).  You have found someone special, and I sincerely hope that you and all the other married members will continue until "death do you part."  Give Billy and A that chance.

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1895 on: February 25, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »

While you guys continue to debate the skeletal horse, I'll sit over here and continue to quietly, albeit oxymoronically, guffaw at this post from BillyB some time ago...

BillyB

Damn, what a gem...  pro, con, indifferent, I don' kare hoo y'ar, dats funny rite dare now... 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:44:28 PM by Daveman »
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline mies

« Reply #1896 on: February 25, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »

The age of consent in Ukraine is 16,

In Ukrainian legislation there is no such term as "age of consent."
Sex offenses of this nature are described/regulated by article 156, (section 1) of Ukrainian Criminal Code, and "safe" (from Billy's pov) age is 16 years indeed.
"1. Совершение развратных действий в отношении лица, не достигшего шестнадцатилетнего возраста, - наказываются ограничением свободы на срок до пяти лет или  лишением свободы на тот же срок."

However, the "lawful age"/age of majority in Ukraine is 18 yo.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:13:02 PM by mies »

Offline Ade

« Reply #1897 on: February 25, 2012, 11:01:05 PM »

Yes, as far as you are concerned.

Uh Huh. I think it's pretty obvious that it's my opinion. Except of course for those tedious little facts like the one where A was legally a child when he contacted her. The fact that they married afterwards does not lessen that fact, IMO.

Mark Davies and his wife are irrelevant. Or at least may be. Did he also start chatting up a child on the internet? Is he a control freak? Does she have a dysfunctional mother that gives him advice on how to pleasure her daughter?

Perhaps, to counter that Mark and Anna fact, you would like me to dig up a few  relationships that involved middle aged men and teenagers that were abusive and/or failed miserably?

Anyway, I was just about done with this thread and my latest posts were only a response to Gator's "eat crow" post and Steve's  :rolleyes: silly one. Everything I've said here, I've said before, what's done is done, yada, yada. Time will tell and all of that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:12:58 PM by Ade »

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #1898 on: February 26, 2012, 01:27:45 AM »
"1. Совершение развратных действий в отношении лица, не достигшего шестнадцатилетнего возраста, - наказываются ограничением свободы на срок до пяти лет или  лишением свободы на тот же срок."

Just curious Mies -  :offtopic:   In this sense, what is the difference between "loss of liberty" and imprisonment?  Is home detention an option under this law, or does it mean something else?

Also, back closer to the topic, does this law cover consensual sex where one (or both) is under 16, or is it only for actual sexual assaults and rape?

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #1899 on: February 26, 2012, 01:42:42 AM »
Uh Huh. I think it's pretty obvious that it's my opinion. Except of course for those tedious little facts like the one where A was legally a child when he contacted her. The fact that they married afterwards does not lessen that fact, IMO...

Get your facts right Ade - she may have been a minor, but she was definitely NOT a "child" in common law terms: as far as the USA is concerned (which everyone seems to be using as the yardstick here), that applies only to someone fourteen or under.

...Mark Davies and his wife are irrelevant. Or at least may be...

Perhaps, to counter that Mark and Anna fact, you would like me to dig up a few relationships that involved middle aged men and teenagers that were abusive and/or failed miserably?...

No need - I'm well aware that there are plenty of terrible examples around the world.

Anyway, I was just about done with this thread and my latest posts were only a response to Gator's "eat crow" post and Steve's  :rolleyes: silly one. Everything I've said here, I've said before, what's done is done, yada, yada. Time will tell and all of that.

That is my point!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:59:21 AM by Anotherkiwi »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860