It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Red Flags and Green Lights !!!  (Read 21644 times)

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Red Flags and Green Lights !!!
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »
The biggest red flag anyone should avoid is getting relationship advice from men in the internet they do not know.

There are men in these fora that had miserably failed in their past and/or recent relationships, have had multiple divorcees, the socially inept, the closet characters, the emotionally unstable, etc...If you have to rely on these types of men to give you direction in your life, then nothing FSUWs can ever do that will even be equally damaging to you.

Generate FSU travel tips and advice only and you should be fine.

Exactly.
“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2012, 05:15:49 AM »
This lady is Milla Jovovich and this gay man is Marc Jacobs. Are you sure you know anything about design and/or designers to question anyone's understandings about colour combinations, balance and proportions? 

Oh, and if you would know anything about design then you would have know that designers are the 1st ones that break the rules.  8)

Milla Jovovich or not, still looks awful with that dress!   If your not either Fashion Stylist or Interior Designer, you wouldn't understand about colour theory

If you think designers are the 1st ones that break the rules, can you find anyone else wearing the dress that this gay man was wearing ?? !!!   If GATOR wears this, then I'll cycle from London to Kiev for a charity!!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:19:43 AM by CDW »
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline missAmeno

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2012, 06:41:56 AM »
Milla Jovovich or not, still looks awful with that dress!

Thats just your taste, what you personally like or dislike.

If your not either Fashion Stylist or Interior Designer, you wouldn't understand about colour theory

Yeah right, such complicated sience can be only tackled by Fashion Stylists and Interior Designers.

If you think designers are the 1st ones that break the rules, can you find anyone else wearing the dress that this gay man was wearing ?? !!!   If GATOR wears this, then I'll cycle from London to Kiev for a charity!!!

This is comiical, if you dont know that Marc Jacobs is one of influential people in fashion industry and a designer of  :rolleyes:  Marc Jacobs Collection, then its hopeless to even attempt to explain you how ridiculous is to judge someones professionalism based on color scheme of outfit on one of the photos. As of lace shirt dress ... it comes from Comme des Garçons. Designers rarely wear their own designs and their choice is based on their own style and preferences (as anyone else), those choices do not devalue their ability of being creative and professional when its comes to their work.

As of Gator, I cant comment on his behalf but I doubted he would dislike his better half to wear that lace dress as a nightshirt  :P

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »
Thats just your taste, what you personally like or dislike.

Yeah right, such complicated sience can be only tackled by Fashion Stylists and Interior Designers.

This is comiical, if you dont know that Marc Jacobs is one of influential people in fashion industry and a designer of  :rolleyes:  Marc Jacobs Collection, then its hopeless to even attempt to explain you how ridiculous is to judge someones professionalism based on color scheme of outfit on one of the photos. As of lace shirt dress ... it comes from Comme des Garçons. Designers rarely wear their own designs and their choice is based on their own style and preferences (as anyone else), those choices do not devalue their ability of being creative and professional when its comes to their work.

As of Gator, I cant comment on his behalf but I doubted he would dislike his better half to wear that lace dress as a nightshirt  :P

ONLY GAY MEN will wear that dress that Marc Jacobs was wearing, but the real question who else is wearing that? !!

Being as a fashion designer does not always mean they will sell them for us to wear.  Sometimes it is for "arts"

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »
ONLY GAY MEN will wear that dress that Marc Jacobs was wearing, but the real question who else is wearing that? !!

Being as a fashion designer does not always mean they will sell them for us to wear.  Sometimes it is for "arts"

I am not sure its possible to follow your logic.

You stated you met a lady that claimed to be interior designer but you didnt believe her because she was wearing a dress with poor colour combinations.

I gave you example of of a world known designer that wears dress that you seems to dislike but nevertheless his personal taste, Marc Jacobs designs not only popular on catwalk but also in day-to-day wear amongst millions of people.

You fixated that he is a gay, ignoring the fact that I explained the dress wasnt designed by Marc Jacobs but by Comme des Garçons (Japanese fashion label). I include for you photos of some outfits from Marc Jacobs spring collection.

Now, please, explain what personal taste of a designer has to do with professionalism? And how you can say someone is just "wannabe" because their personal choice in clothes doesnt match yours views on fashion?

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »
I am not sure its possible to follow your logic.

You stated you met a lady that claimed to be interior designer but you didnt believe her because she was wearing a dress with poor colour combinations.

I gave you example of of a world known designer that wears dress that you seems to dislike but nevertheless his personal taste, Marc Jacobs designs not only popular on catwalk but also in day-to-day wear amongst millions of people.

You fixated that he is a gay, ignoring the fact that I explained the dress wasnt designed by Marc Jacobs but by Comme des Garçons (Japanese fashion label). I include for you photos of some outfits from Marc Jacobs spring collection.

Now, please, explain what personal taste of a designer has to do with professionalism? And how you can say someone is just "wannabe" because their personal choice in clothes doesnt match yours views on fashion?

These photos you showed me do have very poor colour combinations, and his collection is beyond joke!

Are you going to pay $600 for 1 piece of clothes from that photo you saw ????   NOT WORTH $600

you are buyinh $600 for the model who catwalked, and of course for Marc Jacobs' pocket !!!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:05:21 AM by CDW »

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »
These photos you showed me do have very poor colour combinations, and his collection is beyond joke!

Are you going to pay $600 for 1 piece of clothes from that photo you saw ????   NOT WORTH $600

you are buyinh $600 for the model who catwalked, and of course for Marc Jacobs' pocket !!!

I only started this conversation because you stated the following below and previously on this forum claimed to be in the fashion business.
I have met a lady online who claimed that she is an interior designer and is the boss.  I did not believe her because I can see her photos that she was wearing a dress with poor colour combinations.  All Interior designers train to know about colour combinations, balance and proportions.  I also asked her more about interior design, but she did not seem to know about it.

Based on your comments about fashion, catwalks, color combinations, models, designers, prices for garments etc in this thread alone I am struggling to believe as well you have any knowledge about fashion business. Moral: you cant always decide what is true or what is not based solely on your own experience and knowledge.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Red Flags and Green Lights !!!
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2024, 08:57:22 AM »
Time to bump up the topic
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Red Flags and Green Lights !!!
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2024, 11:15:14 AM »
After reading through this thread, I find myself still craving data.  I have noted a few good red lights,
but no green lights.  Do some of the more experienced members have some positive signs to look for? 
I'm hoping to spend more time looking for green lights, than red lights.

Green lights:

She gazes at you with a smile when you are not looking. She talks
about you admiringly in Russian to her friends. Real tears (with real
nose snot) when you are going to go back home. She touches you
almost every time she is in the same room as you.

She inspects you when you both are about to leave the apartment to go
to the store or where ever. You clothes are washed and hung up on a rope
to dry then ironed to military standards after you throw them on the floor
of the closet. Your underwear gets ironed.

There are more, but you need the social skills to watch her and read 
expressions, body language, etc. etc. Your friends and family fall in
love with her.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541463
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3056
Most Online Ever: 12701