It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why Do You Do It?  (Read 12495 times)

Offline Ade

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Why Do You Do It?
« on: March 19, 2008, 01:16:31 AM »
I’m not entirely sure when this sort of post should go – why isn’t there a “general topic” section?

Okay, after reading here for a few days now I'm mostly confused as to why some people here deliberately go out of their way to date FSU women.

I ask because, generally speaking, dating women from another country and culture is 1) more expensive, 2) more difficult, 3) more time consuming, 4) probably less likely to result in a successful long term relationship (to name but a few).

Of course I have a few ideas that probably fit some (maybe the majority?) of the guys here that do this;

1) You are socially inept and have no luck with women in you own country and you hope that FSUW will be more tolerant or accepting (or blind to because of cultural differences) of your peculiarities.

2) You think you can score a woman that looks much more attractive than one you can score in your own country.

3) You like women much (much) younger than you are and the only way you can get them is to import them from a country with economic or sociopolitical problems or from a culture that is more accepting of large age differences.

Yes, I know, this in no way covers all the reasons of all the people here and it is not intended to insult but I guess anyone with two eyes can pick out a few posters that fit into one or more of the above, right?

So please, if you feel like it, could you explain to me why you date women from the FSU rather than from your own country?

Me? Oh, well, that's an easy one. My first serious foreign fling, which I married, was a Norwegian that worked in the same organization as me in Geneva. My second (after deliberately avoiding contacts from Eastern Europe) contacted me via email and seduced me in spite of my better judgment. :D My dating pool has almost always been local to me in whatever country I happened to live in at the time; there have been a few exceptional online flings with women in different countries that almost resulted in meetings but those were inevitably interrupted by real, local flings.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:00:40 AM by SeriouslyJaded »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why Do You Do It?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:29:49 AM »
Essentially you consider men who pursue women who are not from the US (if you live here) to be misfits unable to find women and resort to finding desperate ladies elsewhere due to incompetence.

Maybe you have not considered other reasons.

A man might want a woman who is feminine.
A man might want to find a woman who wants to start a family
A man might want to find a woman who wants to be a woman and thinks that
a man should be a man.
A man might like to find a woman who does not have a dike hair cut and girl friends that
tell her that her haircut is cute
A man might want to find a woman who thinks that her family is more important than
having a New car.
A man might want to find a woman who thinks that children should be raised by people who
love them and not strangers.
A man might want to find a woman who does not have an @ss wider than his
A man might want to find a woman who loves him
A man might want to find a woman who tells him what she thinks and not some kind of
code that no man can understand. RW will tell you exactly what they think and not speak in riddles.

I could go on and on.

Udachi .................good luck

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Ade

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:01:59 AM »
Essentially you consider men who pursue women who are not from the US (if you live here) to be misfits unable to find women and resort to finding desperate ladies elsewhere due to incompetence.
Actually, no, not all and you would have seen that if you'd read my post more carefully.

However, it's fairly obvious to me that there are at least some here that could fall into that description you've given.

a man should be a man.
A man might like to find a woman who does not have a dike hair cut and girl friends that
A man might want to find a woman who thinks that her family is more important than
having a New car.
A man might want to find a woman who thinks that children should be raised by people who
A man might want to find a woman who tells him what she thinks and not some kind of
code that no man can understand. RW will tell you exactly what they think and not speak in riddles.

I could go on and on.

Bill

Um, yes, I know there are other reasons why men might look exclusively to the FSU for a partner as I said in my initial post, however, none of your reasons are, at least to my mind, valid reasons for that especially when taking into account all the possible problems associated with the clash of cultures and long distance relationships.

As an aside, I think it amusing that you think that you cannot find a feminine woman in your own country, or one that wants to start a family, or ...

Eduard

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 05:04:09 AM »
SeriouslyJaded and 2tallBill I think you both are right!
In my case for example, I was single for a couple of years, here in Tampa Bay. Now I don't have Brad Pitt's looks but I'm not ugly either. I tried to date, but all I had to choose from was:
1. Fat women - very nice usually, very accommodating and good heart typically.
2. Women over 50 years old
3. Women in their late 20s to late 30s - lots of baggage (3 kids, hate for men stemming from being betrayed by a guy in her past relationship/marriage), psychological problems, just want to use a man for $$$, etc.
4. Russian/Ukrainian women already in the US who met their American husband through an agency, got their green card and are now either divorced or are in the process. - no thanks! They have a "Gold digger" written all over them, and being Russian I can tell from the first conversation what they are about usually. There are some others who are here in the US illegally and are just looking to legalize their status - again, no thanks! At my age I didn't want to go through another divorce. I wanted to have a good family and children.

These are about all the choices I had as a single man age 43. It is also worth noting that I hate American woman's feminist attitude. It seems like women here in the US assumed the role and the attitude of a male and they expect the male to assume the female's role including shaving off his body hair! In Russia, many women would prefer a man with hair on his chest!
The bottom line is: if you are a nice, decent looking guy a bit over 40 you almost have no chance to have a loving, true, long term relationship with a pretty, down to earth, feminine, younger (24-33) girl who is family oriented and down to earth.

My options in Russia looked quite different though!!! When I started actively looking for a girl in Russia, I talked to a few hundred that were interested, then I narrowed it down to 6 that I actually met, which then I narrowed down to 2. Both were beautiful, all together, well educated, down to earth 24 year old women. I married the one that I felt I could trust the most. We have a wonderful life together now and are raising our gorgeous baby daughter. The point is, there is no frigging way that I could have found the same here, locally in the US.
If a man can find a younger, prettier, more feminine, more down to earth woman in Russia, why not do it?
Now if you are talking about just dating, then probably it's not necessarily the best choice to date somebody in another country, and you might want to continue looking locally...but in my case I was ready for marriage and family and I think that with all the options available in Russia it doesn't make sense to limit yourself just to the local market of available women.

Offline Ade

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:42:36 AM »
Thanks for the post Eduard, I was afraid everyone would get their backs up and go on the defensive.

I'm just wondering though if men are slightly deluding themselves into thinking what they do about Russian women? And yes, there are exceptional success stories such as yours and KenC's but really, given some of the stats I've seen bandied about on these forums it seems to me that the chances of maintaining a long term relationship with a FSUW is remote at best and get's even less likely as the age gap increases.

I'm curious if you tried any of the other dating agencies in America or Western Europe or looked much at the online dating options like friendfinder, match, etc?

FWIW, I’m not trying denigrate anyone here, I’m just curious if people are being honest with themselves. If someone said to me, “I date RW and want to marry one because I think that that Eastern European look and accent is extremely sexy” then I think that’s fine and honest, even if it’s a little shallow. However, when someone like Bills says, and I paraphrase, “all available American women are fat and masculine and they don’t want families” I think to myself that they aren’t looking hard enough or are deluding themselves for some reason, i.e. what they really want is hot babe of a wife that is 20 years their junior and they are unlikely to get that in their own country.

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 06:14:01 AM »
I think some of us just sort of fell into it as a natural next step. I was married to a Canadian girl (I was living there at the time) then after that ended and I moved back to the US my next three long term relationships were with a a Croatian lady, Brazilian lady, and a Puerto Rican lady. All said and done I really liked everything about the Croatian lady the best of all.

Some time later I placed my ad on a US dating site and was eventually contacted by a scammer from the FSU. While it was fairly easy to sniff out the motives it did get me thinking about my past experiences and as I liked an adventure I ended up looking East and went to Russia. Once I had done that I was hooked and the girls at home just didn't have any attraction for me anymore.

And yes, sadly enough, there are plenty of losers, misfits, and just plain idiots in this pursuit and some (no matter how big a lock we use on the gate) end up here at RWD. They are like scammers in that it is pretty easy to pick them out but they do make for some odd entertainment from time to time.

Hope that answered your questions reasonably but if not just let me know what to clarify.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Ade

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 06:29:48 AM »
Ken,

thanks, very honest; I thought that the majority of FSUW daters with what I would consider a valid rational were probably people like you and after my visit I can certainly see the attraction. :)

I think some of us just sort of fell into it as a natural next step. I was married to a Canadian girl (I was living there at the time) then after that ended and I moved back to the US my next three long term relationships were with a a Croatian lady, Brazilian lady, and a Puerto Rican lady. All said and done I really liked everything about the Croatian lady the best of all.

Some time later I placed my ad on a US dating site and was eventually contacted by a scammer from the FSU. While it was fairly easy to sniff out the motives it did get me thinking about my past experiences and as I liked an adventure I ended up looking East and went to Russia. Once I had done that I was hooked and the girls at home just didn't have any attraction for me anymore.

And yes, sadly enough, there are plenty of losers, misfits, and just plain idiots in this pursuit and some (no matter how big a lock we use on the gate) end up here at RWD. They are like scammers in that it is pretty easy to pick them out but they do make for some odd entertainment from time to time.

Hope that answered your questions reasonably but if not just let me know what to clarify.

Ken

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 06:30:33 AM »
Jaded,
Some of us were just open to the possibilities of meeting a woman from Russia and didn't necessarily make an exclusive quest out of it all.  Kind of an extension of the dating pool, if you get what I mean.  Even though the negative traits regarding AW that Eduard and Bill point out are basically true, there still are some fine AW available.  I was dating a beautiful 32 year old blond blue eyed woman with a great personality when I stumbled upon my current wife, Lena, who just happened to be Russian.

Russian women are not the cure all for whatever ails you at home with the women there.  To be honest, I was unaware of any of the attributes bestowed upon them (like what Eduard and Bill say) before I met Lena.  I just found an interesting woman via the Net and pursued the relationship.  In comparing Lena to the nice woman I was currently dating, I was more attracted to Lena.  It was the individual woman (Lena) that attracted me, not the presumed qualities of a whole nation of women.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Misha

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 06:47:45 AM »
Thanks for the post Eduard, I was afraid everyone would get their backs up and go on the defensive.

I'm just wondering though if men are slightly deluding themselves into thinking what they do about Russian women? And yes, there are exceptional success stories such as yours and KenC's but really, given some of the stats I've seen bandied about on these forums it seems to me that the chances of maintaining a long term relationship with a FSUW is remote at best and get's even less likely as the age gap increases.

I'm curious if you tried any of the other dating agencies in America or Western Europe or looked much at the online dating options like friendfinder, match, etc?

FWIW, I’m not trying denigrate anyone here, I’m just curious if people are being honest with themselves.

I think to myself that they aren’t looking hard enough or are deluding themselves for some reason, i.e. what they really want is hot babe of a wife that is 20 years their junior and they are unlikely to get that in their own country.

I personally did try to find a woman in my city and I did use lavalife. However, I live in a small city and there were at least ten men to every woman and there were at best a handful of women that I was interested in. It would take forever to get a date and the one woman that I actually liked had become a serial dater: she liked first dates and my guess is that two years later she is still on the site and looking for dates LOL. If I had wanted to have a relationship with someone in my home city, it would have invariably have meant settling: settling for someone that I did not find attractive, settling for someone who was not very educated, settling for someone who did not want to have children, ... The women that I met online that really fascinated me, unfortunately, lived in other cities in Canada and A) did not want a long-distance relationship and B) would never have relocated within Canada.

Why a woman for Russia? Well, I was doing work there and was spending a lot of time there anyways. Dating there was much easier: instead of spending weeks trying to find one date online in Canada, I could usually arrange a date in a matter of hours. This allowed me to meet many women, and through the process of meeting many women, I was able to meet my wife.

You are right in that it is difficult. There is culture shock (last up to a year). Then there is her frustration in learning a new language or perfecting her language and then trying to integrate into the workforce. These are extremely stressful and tortuous moments. Yes, it would have been much easier marrying someone from my own country (if I had found her).

As for the high rate of failure, one issue is time spent with the woman before marriage. In reading a Russian-language forum for Russian women (http://tinyurl.com/3ajy3b), they point out that half of the Russian women coming to the United States have met their husband only once. This is in my opinion the root of the problem. I knew my wife close to 6 months before meeting her, and this was six months together in person spending time together.

You are fortunate in that you live quite close (relatively speaking) to Arkhangelsk and Europeans usually have more vacation time. There is no reason why you could not spend a lot of time with this woman and really get to know her.

Offline I/O

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 06:58:20 AM »
S/J: You'll hear all the cocked up justifications under the sun for persuing Russian / FSU women and most of it is a load of BS. (Most of it) I said here ages ago that most guys who do this are social misfits. That did draw a deal of negativity, but I think most of the objectors are kidding themselves. I am a social misfit and proud to be so. Why? I live my life the way I choose and I answer to nobody for my choices. (Well that has changed a little recently)

I mixed in the local social scene as and when I chose AND could fit in if I chose, but it was not my speed (Which is pretty slow) and I pretty much opted out. I was fortunate enough to have a dear female friend for a number of my single years who was a fine companion for more sophisticated social events and largely stayed out of my life if I chose to go off and do my own thing. (Interpret how you will)

I was not set on the idea, in fact I actively avoided for some time, the possibility of getting married again. I would say, effectively, I was never short of female company in whatever form I chose during the years after divorce.

I went travelling, including Russia and as a single guy who is perhaps not totally devoid of social skills (Yeah questionable comment at times) one tends to meet a few people/women along the way, one can and does enjoy all aspects of those acquaintances. I was no different. I liked what I saw in Russia and yes it sparked something of an interest. Curiosity more than desire if I was honest.

Later cruising the websites and having had a few meetings, I was blindsided by a letter from someone who recognised me as someone they had very briefly brushed shoulders with more than two years before. The rest is now history. So why did I do this? Because I was/am completely effing nuts, thats why. Nobody in their right mind will preplan something like this however they DO try to justify their actions and claim sanity in the process. In my thinking, and I suspect many others if they are honest with themselves, there is no small sense of the exotic or different in the equation also.

Frankly, I find all these generalised negative comments regarding WW to be pretty much BS. Further I find the Goddess qualities bestowed on RW generally to be equal BS. There is good and bad on all sides of the pond in pretty much the same percentages IMO.

If you are stupid enough, as we were, to get to the stage where that thing called love gets involved, then you're stuffed one way or another. You are either going down or you are going down, AND.......you are going to spend a small fortune doing it. ;D

Back to your direct question, why did I do it? In the end, it boiled down to this, I wanted to. No logic. I wanted to. BUT that was after I met my now wife. Prior to that, I was pretty much nonplussed about the whole idea of ever being married again. My single life was treating me rather well as it were. ;D

I/O 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 02:50:20 PM by I/O »

Offline Ade

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 06:59:34 AM »
Ken & gabaub,

thanks for the posts. It's very easy for a new guy like me to come in here and draw some erroneous conclusions based on a subset of the posters and posting history. Your posts have helped to show that at the very least some of the people here have exemplary motivations. :)

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 07:04:36 AM »
So why did I do this? Because I was/am completely effing nuts, thats why.

You just can't argue with that one! I'll have to lay claim to having this problem as well.
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Ade

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 07:10:47 AM »
Cool post I/O :) and some very astute observations and nothing I disagree with you on.

If you are stupid enough, as we were, to get to the stage where that thing called love gets involved, then you're stuffed one way or another. You are either going down or you are going down, AND.......you are going to spend a small fortune doing it. ;D

Hm, yes, I said I'd never do the distance relationship thing again but ah, well, seems like I'm a fool. :D

And yes, I also told myself that I was never interested in marrying again too.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 07:46:40 AM »
SJ,

I personally do not take your question as inflammatory and it is relatively obviously there are posters from time to time that might experience relationship problems with their hand. Yes there are misfits and dreamers. I might even belong to that catagory, I'm not totally sure.

Why am I doing it? I can't give an honest answer to that because I don't really know. I never have had a distaste for WW or AW in particular. In fact quite the opposite. I live in a small southern US town and the local options are very limited. It could be said that I've exhausted those. I have dated many women since my one failed marraige 17 years ago. In fact I almost walked again down the isle with two separate AW in that time. In the last 10 years I have done the local and national dating sites scene. I met some wonderful women and some not so wonderful. One of those I met was a very lovely Ukrainian lady living in a city close by but there was not much of an emotional connection for either of us. We remained friends for a while and then lost touch.

I went back to the local ladies and occasionally inbetween the dating sites again. I was approached by a RW (or Fat Boris) scammer through the US dating site and a rising interest begin to develop in RW. I wasn't scammed but as I searched for information on RW I really liked what I read about FSU women and decided to contact some and find out for myself. So I did and that is where I am in this process now. Am I a misfit? Maybe so. But I have ample social skills, I am a professional man and have had no problem dating or with relationships in general. I have had several longterm relationships after my 11 year marraige ended. I may not fit the proto-typical mold of one in this search or I may, I really don't know. But that doesn't matter to me personally anyway. I have asked myself "why?" on several occasions but, have yet come up with a plausible answer.

Offline AugustD

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:09:49 AM »
Jaded,
I do not post much though I read often.  Your thread was blatantly demanding honesty so I was compelled to respond.  My initial relationship in the process was not successful but feel strong about my current one.  I can say the same about my relationships in the past in the US also so nothing unusual to me.

I have given all of the "soft" answers that many do on why I started searching online for RW but they are not truthful.  I took the chance simply because I thought I could do much better for myself searching there.  I am sure many have participated in online dating in the US and it is horrific.  The quantity of quality of women just is not the same as RW dating sites.  This is quality however you wish to measure it...beauty..intelligence...whatever.  For whatever reason the responses and the quality of responses was supremely better with RW sites.

I liked the exotic feel of these women initially.  I liked the ego boost of the responses until learned more of their sincerity.  It was simply better shopping for me.

Socially I still met women in the US but just not with the same interest as this process.  My social circles did not take me where I wanted to go maybe. 

My reasons for participation have changed over the years as I gained a love for this region of the world but my initial reasons probably were as shallow as most of what you listed.

Offline myrddin

• Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 09:13:38 AM »
I’m not entirely sure when this sort of post should go – why isn’t there a “general topic” section?

There's Anything Goes and Odds and Ends, but I think this belongs here.  Anyone contemplating this should at some point commit some self-reflection.

Okay, after reading here for a few days now I'm mostly confused as to why some people here deliberately go out of their way to date FSU women.

2) You think you can score a woman that looks much more attractive than one you can score in your own country.

So please, if you feel like it, could you explain to me why you date women from the FSU rather than from your own country?

Keep in mind a lot of people here don't post, so that may not be a perfect reflection of the general membership.

And maybe I'm not your target since I'm not searching in the FSU to the exclusion of anywhere else. 

I am not looking to just find a wife to fill some kind of void labelled "wife", and I'd never contemplate marrying someone I wasn't deeply in love with.  I surely won't be upset if she's not from FSU, but that part of the world has a lot of very interesting women.  I admit that looks were part of what first brought me to learn about FSUW.  But many qualities I consider crucial starting points are among the commonly listed characteristics of RW.

If I were crude, I could say something like: you don't hunt lions in the arctic. 

I don't think it's quite that bad, but there are trends in America that make it harder (not impossible, but very difficult) for me to find what I'm looking for here. And I've always thought that, for love, no number of miles is too many.

The first RW I dated was years ago and not anything planned, it just happened.  I personally have nothing against AW or WW, I'm just expanding my search.

May be I'm effin' nuts, too   ;D
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Offline mspanky

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
 Where in the world do you live the woman are so ugly?? I've seen many cute AW who do not look at all like you describe. Also many beautiful RW,Asian women,Brazilian,latinas who live in the U.S. I was just on www.plentyoffish.com and saw many pretty women. They many not respond to me >:(,but I ain't gonna lie and call them all ugly because of that.

a man should be a man.
having a New car.

I could go on and on.

Bill

Offline Ade

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 09:20:39 AM »
Very nice post FP and it's posts like this and the others in this thread that I find useful to counterbalance the overriding impression I was starting to get that the majority of people involved in FSU dating were a little, um, ethically challenged shall we say? ;)

SJ,

I personally do not take your question as inflammatory and it is relatively obviously there are posters from time to time that might experience relationship problems with their hand. Yes there are misfits and dreamers. I might even belong to that catagory, I'm not totally sure.

Why am I doing it? I can't give an honest answer to that because I don't really know. I never have had a distaste for WW or AW in particular. In fact quite the opposite. I live in a small southern US town and the local options are very limited. It could be said that I've exhausted those. I have dated many women since my one failed marraige 17 years ago. In fact I almost walked again down the isle with two separate AW in that time. In the last 10 years I have done the local and national dating sites scene. I met some wonderful women and some not so wonderful. One of those I met was a very lovely Ukrainian lady living in a city close by but there was not much of an emotional connection for either of us. We remained friends for a while and then lost touch.

I went back to the local ladies and occasionally inbetween the dating sites again. I was approached by a RW (or Fat Boris) scammer through the US dating site and a rising interest begin to develop in RW. I wasn't scammed but as I searched for information on RW I really liked what I read about FSU women and decided to contact some and find out for myself. So I did and that is where I am in this process now. Am I a misfit? Maybe so. But I have ample social skills, I am a professional man and have had no problem dating or with relationships in general. I have had several longterm relationships after my 11 year marraige ended. I may not fit the proto-typical mold of one in this search or I may, I really don't know. But that doesn't matter to me personally anyway. I have asked myself "why?" on several occasions but, have yet come up with a plausible answer.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
Motivations may very with age ;).

Yesterday I received a 'flirt' (I like you !) from this 29 y.o. Kharkov nurse, who'd be a shrewd investment on my part, considering my advanced age. However, since she states in her profile:

How often do you want to have sex ? At least once a day

I'll have to ask her how good she is at administering CPR  8) ;D.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:58:31 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Globetrotter

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »
SJ, your question is a valid one, and some probably fit into your catagories as they have already admitted.

The fact is, thare are so many caucasian women of all agas to choose from, and some actually can't find a suitable guy in their own country.  Lily on this board is a great example...beauty and brains, humor and personality plus, and she has a job to find her match.

I started dating Eastern European women at 18, as my Dad owned a furniture store in a Polish neighborhood in Chicago, and many of his customers were "right off the boat".  Chicago has the second highest population of Poles of any city, second only to Warsaw.  Russians and Ukrainians are not much different, I can tell you.  My international business has taken me to 50 countries over the years, but I've never discounted the girls available here, and am serious with one now.

I've also dated Europeans, an Indian, a Sri Lankan, and a Latina from Caracas as well as a Ukrainian and two Russians.

You are quite correct in that there are some serious obstacles to overcome if you uproot a girl from another country, culture and language to any place outside of her homeland, and that relationship had better be more than perfect to succeed.  I told my most recent Russian girlfriend...a doctor who I had known for more than a year and spent about 2 months face time with, over there as well as here, and in London, that this was a very difficult thing to do.  I told her she was much better off finding a local guy, and the best for me was to find a local girl.  Some dishonesty on her part ended the relationship.

I certainly don't want someone 20 years younger than me.  Ten is about the most I would look for, but I date the same age girls over here.

I have the time, the money and the inclination to pursue the best mate I can find anywhere in the world.  If she happens to live in Samara, or Moscow or Minsk or Odessa, or where the current one lives...Sarasota, so be it, but again it had better be "more than perfect".

I'm well traveled, in shape and can outperform most men half my age, consider myself more cosmopolitan than American, and some even think good looking!

I once flew to London for 6 hours to drive a race car which I bought and airfreighted home.  So I say to myself, why not a dinner date for a week in Russia, or Ukraine, or Budapest...cause ya know, ya never know where you'll find her!

If one takes off the blinders and looks at things the way they really are, as opposed to the way you would like them to be, and you proceed with caution, you can do OK.  Again, the sheer numbers of available caucasian women over there make this the greatest singles bar in the world, but will cost $2G's to walk in the door!    

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 11:10:29 AM »
Very nice post FP and it's posts like this and the others in this thread that I find useful to counterbalance the overriding impression I was starting to get that the majority of people involved in FSU dating were a little, um, ethically challenged shall we say? ;)

SJ,

I do understand how you might get that impression about the majority but, I think it's the wrong one. ;D I have it myself at times by reading some of the threads on not just this one, but other forums. Some of our gender has completely let the rest of us down. I don't know how some of these people figure out how to get out of bed in the morning but, I guess it takes all types :-\

Offline Muj

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 04:03:15 PM »
Ade,

Why so worried about everyone else?  You're afraid neighbors might  classify you into your list as above?  Did you avoid a high tech career because it was for nerds, outcast and social misfits?  It's internet dating.  Most receiving letters from FSU women never make the trip even after lengthy correspondence.  Many others simply not interested.  Sure, a fair share of loosers on both sides of the pond and former wall.

Eduard

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 04:31:52 PM »
Motivations may very with age ;).

Yesterday I received a 'flirt' (I like you !) from this 29 y.o. Kharkov nurse, who'd be a shrewd investment on my part, considering my advanced age. However, since she states in her profile:

How often do you want to have sex ? At least once a day

don't worry about your heart, Sandro...I sincerally doubt that she is the real deal...things just don't add up.

Offline I/O

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »
Sandro: With "Lungs" Like that, I'd suggest she'd make a rough pass if examined. If you ever got a glimpse of them, you'd either return to youth or expire on the spot or both. ;D

Where in the world do you live the woman are so ugly?? I've seen many cute AW who do not look at all like you describe. Also many beautiful RW,Asian women,Brazilian,latinas who live in the U.S. I was just on www.plentyoffish.com and saw many pretty women. They many not respond to me >:(,but I ain't gonna lie and call them all ugly because of that.
Excellent post...!! Read carefully guys, there is a lot in this one.

I was starting to get that the majority of people involved in FSU dating were a little, um, ethically challenged shall we say? ;)
Yep, the Euros have gotten to you with political correctness. My great grandfather on one side was a "Morgan" and my heritage on the other was from the "Liehbeldt" line, so I don't tend to mince my words so much. A pursuit riddled with losers and scumbags whom you must actively avoid in airports and other human bottlenecks if you don't want to be lumped in with them. Believe me, I am a proud Australian, very proud, but I DO go to some lengths to avoid many of my countrymen (Not all of course) when abroad and particularly in the East.

I think you will find the majority of guys who make to these forums, even the ones I have little patience with, are far above the majority of people involved in this pursuit. The irony for me, is that it was my now wife who introduced me to forums.

S/J, get used to the idea that if you do end up with a wife from a developing country, which like it or not the FSU countries are, you are going to have to deal with the MOB thing, the labling of being a dropout who can't get near a woman of quality at home and a host of other stereotypes. I have two close mates who gave me a working over regarding this thing when I announced my then G/F was coming to visit from .........................Russia... :hairraising: I think they had mental images of some 6 foot 4 inch, 200 pound, scarf wearing man eater wielding a Kalashnikov.

When a 5 foot 8 1/2 inch, 117 pound blonde showed up looking superb in jeans (The acid test for me) and notwithstanding limited language, debated everthing from geography to economics with them, one just fell silent and the other drew me aside with this comment, which I will never forget...."I/O whadda ya reckon, if a I tidied myself up a bit do you reckon I might be able to get one of them too". LOL. I still get questions like, "How's your MOB doing?" My standard answer is, "As well or better than your LLA". (Local Lard Arse) S/J, you will have to deal with all of these types of things from the idiots, but people with some class will become largely disinterested in the fact that your wife is a foreign citizen and look to who she is as a person. I was at a small theatre production a few days back and it is frequented by a few of the wannabe/wouldbe/havebeen silver tails of this city. I overheard a remark concerning my wife which gave me quite a buzz. Some ol' geezer remarked to another, "Have you met I/O's new wife? How refreshing to see a young woman who is a first class LADY, she is top shelf." I enjoyed manipulating the situation a few minutes later to put them face to face in conversation with Mrs I/O and it was so fun to watch. She spent some considerable time charming their socks off and they did likewise.

Whats the point out of all my waffle? Point is, as it was in the other thread, you need to arrive at the point where you really don't give a rats arse what others think, how you stack up by comparison, where you fit into the social strata etc and simply decide this is (If it is) the best thing for YOU.  YOU need to set YOUR own standards. YOU need to mark out YOUR route. YOU need to hoe YOUR row. I suggest what you are doing right now is actually something slightly another from asking these specific questions. You are embarking on process of some INTROSPECTION, And..............anyone who is anyone with any real experience will tell you/advise you that you MUST do that if you are to make it through. You really Must.

Ask yourself the tough questions and be brutal with your own answers. If nothing else, it is good practice because most Russian Women are fairly tough and brutal with their questions and answers and in that respect, they DON'T change after marriage. ;D

I/O 

Eduard

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 04:57:44 PM »
By the way I never said that all AW were ugly or bad. I know quite a few gorgeous, nice, down to earth AW. The thing is - they are all married. I was just describing my own dating experience particularly at age 43 and particularly in Tampa Bay, Florida. It might be different in other parts of the country and for a 28 year old dude, but one thing I know - guys that I used to hang out and go out with when I was still single (with the exception of 2 of my friends that I helped marry RW) are still single and basically gave up looking since it's so darn frustrating...
Another thing, for me actually feels good to be with my Russian wife because that's where I'm from. We speak Russian at home and there is that special bond (cultural, mentality, etc.) that I didn't share with my American ex-wife of 15.5 years.
But even if you are from different cultures you can still enjoy a loving and satisfying relationship. I don't want to get back into statistical arguments but anyone who's been to Russia knows that you can get a date there with a pretty single girl in a matter of a few hours (just like Gabaub mentioned a few posts earlier). I don't want to get attacked again for saying that there are a lot more available women than men in the FSU but it's my perception and perception of anybody who lives in Russia that I talk to. Therefore there is a large pool of beautiful single women to choose from that we just don't have here in the US. And if you are careful and know what you are doing (OR JUST VERY LUCKY) you can wind up with a true gem!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701