It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What if AM is Hollywood gorgeous? RW please respond!!  (Read 36417 times)

Offline aeiouy

RE: What if AM is Hollywood gorgeous? RW please respond!!
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »
Substance to me is, High moral standards, Intelligence, Kindness, Faithfullness, good with our children,  my mother is amazing, and I want my wife and my kids mother to be amazing also. I just want the type of woman we used to have in the US.  No, that doesn't mean I want her barefoot and pregnant, my wife will be my partner in everything, if she wants to work that's fine, if she doesn't that's fine also.  I thought that FSUW are more liberated now and actually want careers and such, is this not true.  Get off the money thing with me.  You don't know what I have, if I were to start talking about money than I would appear even more vain, than I guess I already do.

Offline Vinnvinny

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 07:07:12 AM »
Sorry aeiouy but for some reason I just can’t take you seriously. My betting is that this is a wind up. If I am wrong then I suspect you will have difficulties ‘pulling’ even a ‘5’ in any FSU country …. but good luck either way.

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 07:38:50 AM »
High moral standards-  That is the are you must think long and hard about.  From what I have seen, you need to understand the environment.  If you do not understand the environment and history, then you are going to have issues.  This is not absolutes, just some observations.

Some examples

Admission of mistakes-  Being sorry and admitting they did something not good happened.  Well if they focused on such matters, then it would destroy a person over time.  It is a cultural thing, as are moral standards.

Stealing-  A lot of what is yours is mine, a direct result from communism.  So someone stealing is not going to be viewed as a bad person, in the same manner in American terms.  Certain parts of society, will consider them smart and clever.

Stubborn- The point makes no sense, has no merit.  You have shot holes in several areas of the theory.  Still the right way to do it.  They are strong, but you have to pick your battles.  Different world and different perspective on how to solve an issue.

Superstitious- There is some pretty random stuff that comes up, not sure if that is moral or not.  It does directly lead to stubborn though, if you question validity of such superstition.

So in the end, you have to be accepting of another moral compass.  Their North is South sometimes.  Pick your battles. 

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »
Get off the money thing with me.  You don't know what I have, if I were to start talking about money than I would appear even more vain, than I guess I already do.

There is a good FAQ section here: http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?pid=21

.. addresses the cost factor and a host of other interesting, essential items.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:46:59 AM by BC »

Offline Misha

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 08:05:15 AM »
...very good looking guy who at 36 has no problems whatsoever pulling early twentysomethings who are 10's. ...
...because they are gorgeous...
...barely qualifies a man to marry a 10 or even an 8.  I'm not being conceited or arrogant, but I believe I am a 10... 
...looking for a Sugardaddy. 
...So, are RW as materialistic as AW.  How much stock do they really put into a man's appearance, personality, and disposition, wallet?   
...Do RW want the money

Let me see if I understand this. Your main frustration with AW is that the gorgeous 10's that you believe you deserve favor sugar daddies? You are hoping that a 10 in the FSU will want you for your beauty alone?

I will try to be polite, but I sense a great deal of Narcissism in your posts. But, I will put forward a few ideas nonetheless.

I have to say, I am always fascinated by the use of the concept of a woman being a '10.' This indicates to me that a man is looking solely for arm candy, a status symbol that will reinforce his ego. Don't get me wrong, I wanted a woman that I thought was attractive, but I could care less whether other men think she's a 10 or a 9 or a 3 or any other integer. Looks were just part of a larger package.

Returning to female beauty, let us take the case of the woman who will be 10 in the United States and Russia. She will get a lot of attention. She will have men of all types interested in her (the rich, the poor, the beautiful, the ugly). If all she has to offer are looks and she is equally vain, odds are quite good that she will eventually pick a richer man as he will allow her to have a lifestyle that will help her maintain her looks: it is hard to have manicured nails when you are working as a janitor. If she is more cunning, she will understand that she will be able to have a rich husband and a handsome lover. In other words, a very beautiful woman will trade beauty for status. What does she gain by having a very attractive husband?

The above, of course, does not apply to a woman who is a 10 and has qualities other than looks, notably intelligence, personality, etc... Such women will invariably also expect more than just looks or money from a man.

Where does this leave an attractive man who is a '10'? My advice would be to look for women that are not perfect 10's whether they are in the USA or Russia. Find the woman who will wake up every morning next to you thinking: "OMG, I can't believe this gorgeous man is my husband." The woman who will stand next to you with pride that she was good enough to find such a husband. A woman that you might actually love for who she is and not for her numerical grading.

Craftier RW often do the same thing. They understand that a very handsome husband is likely to be a philanderer, and as such know that a less attractive husband is more likely to stay with them knowing full well that they will never be able to land a more attractive woman. As they will sometimes say, a man just has to be bit more attractive than an ape.

To conclude, my only advice is to stop obsessing as to whether a woman is a '10' and try to find somebody who actually wants to be with you and who may actually love you.

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 08:27:30 AM »
Nah, aeiouy, being insanely handsome has never hindered me much.  Sometimes the FSU ladies even gather around me to gaze upon my reflection in a pond, or building glass.  It comes with the territory.  What I do is simply spray myself with Deep FSU OFF before going out into the city. That is somewhat effective, but doesn't quell the hoards completely.

In all seriousness, you seem to be in a bit of a frustrated state of mind. THAT will cause you some problems because if you think AW are difficult to deal with sometimes, FSU ladies can try your patience like you will not even believe. Seriously. 

To be ready for a real search for a lady there, find her, court her, develop relations, all of that, you have to become almost a Zen Master.  It's a strange dichotomy really -- kinda like a stone block -- can't push it, but it doesn't attack either.  They love to, as Kuna so eloquently put it, "lock horns" with you sometimes, and the ensuing "conversations" will really test your ability to remember you are on planet earth. .. but there is a very fine line between being strong and being an asshole. They don't want a man they can push around, but also don't want a man who will try to control them.  Relaxed Strength comes to mind -- you kinda have to learn their way of arguing.. it's a different world really.

You wake up. It's a beautiful day. The birds are singing. The smell of life is in the air. You gaze into the eyes of an adorable FSU woman, and suddenly you are transformed into a dimension of dementia where the normal laws of logic and reason cease to exist. Your surroundings appear to be the same, however, the words you are hearing cannot possible be from a world resembling anything close to your former reality.  You've been abducted into the the dimension of FSU logic.  It's a strange place indeed.

You really have to be mentally prepared for some weirdness.  Get that frustration out of your system before you give it a shot.. then get your ass on a plane and go see it for yourself.

Good luck,
Dave

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 08:53:29 AM »
Does anyone else think it's interesting (odd) that a guy
asks a question in the Questions to Russian Ladies section
and in three pages only one RW replies and the rest are all guys?

Is it due to the high powered BS detector that most all RW
seem to have? or that 20 guys seemed to jump all over the
thread that have kept the RW from responding?

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
Substance to me is, High moral standards, Intelligence, Kindness, Faithfullness, good with our children,  my mother is amazing, and I want my wife and my kids mother to be amazing also. I just want the type of woman we used to have in the US.  No, that doesn't mean I want her barefoot and pregnant, my wife will be my partner in everything, if she wants to work that's fine, if she doesn't that's fine also.  I thought that FSUW are more liberated now and actually want careers and such, is this not true.  Get off the money thing with me.  You don't know what I have, if I were to start talking about money than I would appear even more vain, than I guess I already do.

Your opening post reeks of not only conceit but plenty of anger. Forget your girlfriend. If she was your girlfriend she wouldn't have kicked you to the curb for a pair of fake tits. Count your blessing you found out now rather than later after really getting poled. This is the type of lady you attract and are attracted to? You will likely be in for a long ride in the international dating scene.

I'm not trying to bust your chops here but you seem a bit confused. Your good looks might garner you some immediate attention but it won't last long and is that the type of woman you want in the first place. It's going to take a "real man" with a mind, heart and a soul to win, retain and keep a good woman. It doesn't matter on what continent you find her.

You seem to be making references that you don't have much money. Thats why the members here mention it. This type pursuit of a lady is by no means cheap. It takes a lot of cash upfront just to cover expenses. If you are penny pinching now you really can't afford it. If you go into hock in this pursuit it will be even more difficult to maintain after you bring her here.

Trust me when I tell you, don't just jump into this game because you are p!issed at a few AW who have wronged you. There are still plenty of good AW and plenty of bad FSUW. Slow down, work on yourself and your anger issues, whatever they may be. Quite honestly, you don't appear ready for any relationship just yet. IMO

Offline Daveman

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 08:57:27 AM »

LoL .. I think some of us pay little attention to where a post is actually located.  I didn't notice it was in the ladies section until you pointed it out..

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline BC

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »
To conclude, my only advice is to stop obsessing as to whether a woman is a '10' and try to find somebody who actually wants to be with you and who may actually love you.

.. and is a great cook.

Great post Misha!

aeiouy,

You are getting a lot of great advice here.  The archives are also a good place to dig into.. almost 170,000 posts with practically every topic imaginable, albeit with a little 'fluff n puff' in-between.

Here's an oldie but goodie IMHO:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1804.15

Is a short read, one that petered out quickly for whatever reason.

BTW Welcome!

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 09:04:41 AM »
I think any poster is going to try to present himself in the best light possible when he introduces himself and that can appear vain to some.  I'll cut you some slack on that part.  Perhaps the first thing you need to learn is that the qualities FSUW desire in a man can be quite different than those of AW.  What you might consider your strengths in the US may actually be weaknesses there.

You are going to hear a lot of dire warnings and opinions that will make you wonder why anyone in their right mind would even consider this.  Listen, but don't take everything as absolute.  Some have had bad experiences that have tainted their views of some things.  Some want to exalt themselves by making it appear that they have accomplished something that the average man cannot.

One example is the money thing.  Sure it is more expensive than dating the girl next door, but not prohibitive for someone with a decent disposable income.  It's not a "money up front" type of thing as some have suggested but can be a "pay as you go" venture.  As some have noted, for a good FSUW, the key is not that you are wealthy but that you can provide financial stability.  Of course their concept of what this entails will vary from woman to woman.  Find someone that is comfortable with your level.

What you need to do is to keep asking the right questions, no matter how basic they may be and have the skin thickness to brush off the personal assaults.

Leading with the looks thing is never a good thing, either proclaming your 10 status or that you seek only 10's.  It suggests a focus on something that ultimately is way down the list of what should be your priorities.  Given the choice between a short term hell with a 10 and long term happiness with a 7, I'll take the latter every time.  I believe the odds of finding a beautiful woman that fits the other qualities that you want, if only because of the increased ratio of beautiful women in the FSU.  You need to set a range of acceptable looks rather than an absolute.  I did that and ended up with a 10 anyway.  Sure I was an artists' model back in my college days, but that was a long time ago and I'm glad I didn't have to count on my looks when I was searching.

As some have also noted, you need to spend time studying the subject.  Many here understand the RW mentality as well as can be expected and you need to understand the differences.  Some will say that women are women everywhere, but I am not one who believes that.  RW are unique in both wonderful and frustrating ways.

If you do decide to continue, you are in for the adventure of a lifetime.  the risks are there, but from my experience the rewards are well worth it.

Good luck!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 09:06:19 AM »
It will be much cheaper to buy your next girl friend a pair of fake tits than seek a FSUW

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:28 AM »

I would like to meet the FSUW, that does not speak her mind.  That would be a first for me lol.  I do not know any FSUW, that would be intimidated into silence.  I am going with the "instincts" angle, and not compelled to help the OP.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »
Your opening post reeks of not only conceit but plenty of anger. Forget your girlfriend. If she was your girlfriend she wouldn't have kicked you to the curb for a pair of fake tits. Count your blessing you found out now rather than later after really getting poled. This is the type of lady you attract and are attracted to? You will likely be in for a long ride in the international dating scene.

I'm not trying to bust your chops here but you seem a bit confused. Your good looks might garner you some immediate attention but it won't last long and is that the type of woman you want in the first place. It's going to take a "real man" with a mind, heart and a soul to win, retain and keep a good woman. It doesn't matter on what continent you find her.

You seem to be making references that you don't have much money. Thats why the members here mention it. This type pursuit of a lady is by no means cheap. It takes a lot of cash upfront just to cover expenses. If you are penny pinching now you really can't afford it. If you go into hock in this pursuit it will be even more difficult to maintain after you bring her here.

Trust me when I tell you, don't just jump into this game because you are p!issed at a few AW who have wronged you. There are still plenty of good AW and plenty of bad FSUW. Slow down, work on yourself and your anger issues, whatever they may be. Quite honestly, you don't appear ready for any relationship just yet. IMO

Right on FP - the BS Meter was off the scale after about 3 sentences of the first post.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 09:54:48 AM »
... FSU ladies can try your patience like you will not even believe. Seriously. 

Dave

That's true, Dave, they will turn a guy inside out to see what his real values is  ;D

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »
LoL .. I think some of us pay little attention to where a post is actually located.  I didn't notice it was in the ladies section until you pointed it out..
Do you also wander occasionally into women's toilets ::) 8)? Someone here may crucify you for that ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Blues Fairy

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »
I am not poor and have very good prospects, just don't have the money to Fly around the world
How much stock do they really put into a man's appearance, personality, and disposition, wallet?

And how do you plan to meet RW if you don't have the money to fly around the world?  :D  They must fly into your arms all by themselves, enchanted by your perfect "10" looks?

Regarding your question, I couldn't care less for a man's appearance if he is an arrogant fool.  A perfect "10" can quickly slide to a perfect "0" once he opens his big mouth and starts talking nonsense. 

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 11:01:58 AM »

A perfect "10" can quickly slide to a perfect "0" once he opens his big mouth and starts talking nonsense. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Simoni

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »
What are you talking about, how many vowels are there in your alphabet?

Vowel guy-- Vowels occur when sounds are pronounced with an open vocal tract so that there is no build-up of air pressure at any point above the glottis. Consonants occur when the mouth or tongue clips the air flow.

The vowels in the alphabet are represented by the letters a, e, i, o, u and sometimes y and w.
www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/Reading/glossary_reading_terms.htm

So maybe you will change your name to a.e.i.o. u.y.&.w :-)

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
And how do you plan to meet RW if you don't have the money to fly around the world?  :D  They must fly into your arms all by themselves, enchanted by your perfect "10" looks?

Naughty, naughty Blues Fairy. You have already been told that you can't discuss money!  ;D

Get off the money thing with me.  You don't know what I have, if I were to start talking about money than I would appear even more vain, than I guess I already do.

Offline Misha

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
I would like to know what Russian women's attitude towards AM is!  I am a very good looking guy who at 36 has no problems whatsoever pulling early twentysomethings who are 10's. 

In thinking about this post, I realized that there is also the age issue. Here is one question: if what you are offering is looks, why should an early twenty-something settle for a 36 year old when she can get an attractive twenty-something 10? I am sorry if I have to burst your bubble, but when in comes to beauty, your best years are behind you. My guess is that the first gray hair has probably made its appearance, and your hair may even be starting to thin. Other subtle changes are also slowly creeping in. True, there are mean in their 40s, 50s and 60s who are seen as very attractive by women, but usually they have charisma, and intelligence. Simply put, you are not the male hottie you used to be (presuming you were one to begin with)  :evil:

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
Vowel guy-- Vowels occur when sounds are pronounced with an open vocal tract so that there is no build-up of air pressure at any point above the glottis. Consonants occur when the mouth or tongue clips the air flow.

The vowels in the alphabet are represented by the letters a, e, i, o, u and sometimes y and w.
www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/Reading/glossary_reading_terms.htm

So maybe you will change your name to a.e.i.o. u.y.&.w :-)

Looks 10
Humility 0
Education 4
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »
Not quite:
In phonetics, a vowel is a sound in spoken language, such as English ah! or oh!, pronounced with an open vocal tract so that there is no build-up of air pressure at any point above the glottis. This contrasts with consonants, such as English sh!, where there is a constriction or closure at some point along the vocal tract. A vowel is also understood to be syllabic: an equivalent open but non-syllabic sound is called a semivowel.

In all languages, vowels form the nucleus or peak of syllables, whereas consonants form the onset and (in languages which have them) coda. However, some languages also allow other sounds to form the nucleus of a syllable, such as the syllabic l in the English word table ['te?.bl?] (the stroke under the l indicates that it is syllabic; the dot separates syllables), or the r in Serbian vrt [vr?t] "garden".

We might note the conflict between the phonetic definition of 'vowel' (a sound produced with no constriction in the vocal tract) and the phonological definition (a sound that forms the peak of a syllable). The approximants [j] and [w] illustrate this conflict: both are produced without much of a constriction in the vocal tract (so phonetically they seem to be vowel-like), but they occur on the edge of syllables, such as at the beginning of the English words 'yes' and 'wet' (which suggests that phonologically they are consonants). The American linguist Kenneth Pike suggested the terms 'vocoid' for a phonetic vowel and 'vowel' for a phonological vowel, so using this terminology, [j] and [w] are classified as vocoids but not vowels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vowels
Depending on authors, Y and W are also called semiconsonants: they are borderline cases, and dependent on their syllabic position: for instance, Y in YET and in SILLY are pronounced a bit differently, as is W in WET and in COW ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline aeiouy

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 01:08:43 PM »
Wow, thanks to some of you, most of you are  petty, this must be an avenue for you guys to release your anger on innocent people.  You can't judge me, you know nothing about me.  I post one thread and you guy's already think you have my Psyche dissected...........PPPPPPLLLLease, c'mon guys relax. 

Offline BC

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
Wow, thanks to some of you, most of you are  petty, this must be an avenue for you guys to release your anger on innocent people.  You can't judge me, you know nothing about me.  I post one thread and you guy's already think you have my Psyche dissected...........PPPPPPLLLLease, c'mon guys relax. 

aeiouy,

That's the nature of just about any internet forum I've ever interacted with.  From Drill Sargent, to Psychologist to psycho.. all forms of input will be present and that is positive.  It's good to get all angles on any subject.

The real trick about all this is to pick out the valuable nuggets, even those you don't want to hear.

Explore the principles, don't dwell on personalities and you'll do just fine, with or without RW.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3088
Most Online Ever: 12701