It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: If it wasn't for Covid-19 a potentially FAR worse issue should be the news  (Read 13752 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Syria

33 Turkish troops killed in Idlib

Turkey allows refugees from the conflict ( Afghans are 'refugees' from the conflict ... on their way westwards to EU states..

Far more kids are dying / have died in a complex,  senseless war the west could and should have prevented ..( no-fly zone)

The consequences of which will destabilise Europe, too .. and possibly draw other nations into conflict ..

Syria war: Brutal endgame in Idlib risks spilling over

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51669423

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
If it wasn't for Covid-19 a potentially FAR worse issue should be the news
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:53:54 PM »
Syria

No fly zone

What European country could enforce a no-fly zone?
Where would this enforcement be based?
What would the goal be?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:00:10 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 10:14:45 PM »
Syria

Far more kids are dying / have died in a complex,  senseless war the west could and should have prevented ..( no-fly zone)

If everybody in the World got Covid-19 just once, it would kill many times the people that died in WW2, the world's most deadliest war. You can't stop the virus but what you can do is join the military to help end the war and save those kids in Syria if they mean so much to you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 03:33:19 AM »
What European country could enforce a no-fly zone?
Where would this enforcement be based?
What would the goal be?

I did not make myself clear..

The no fly zone should have been imposed 9 years ago.

Now, we would have to shoot down RU planes..

But let's just gloss over the consequences and potential but problems resulting from the outside players involvement...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 07:33:58 AM »

I did not make myself clear..

The no fly zone should have been imposed 9 years ago.

Now, we would have to shoot down RU planes..

But let's just gloss over the consequences and potential but problems resulting from the outside players involvement...

Ok, I see it's a bit late now, but  who would you have do this and
where would they base their planes from?

FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
Ok, I see it's a bit late now, but  who would you have do this and
where would they base their planes from?

The Brits have a permanent aircraft carrier on Cyprus ..

You guys still have your Turkish base

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 11:23:07 AM »
If everybody in the World got Covid-19 just once, it would kill many times the people that died in WW2, the world's most deadliest war. You can't stop the virus but what you can do is join the military to help end the war and save those kids in Syria if they mean so much to you.

Once again, Silly Billy B 'excels' in arithmetic...

Q: What was the world's population in 1940 ?   A: 2 billion

Q : How many people died in WW2  A: c.75 million

Get back to us when you figured out your 'many times' makes you an ar*e ..  :popcorn:

As for Syria .. between the Turkish campaign to remove Kurds and ASSad' ( aided by the Kremlin) to annihilate 'terrorists'  - Europe will be getting an influx of refugees  from Iran / Iraq and Afghanistan (?) who have made it to Turkey, so far ..

The US and UK can ignore the problem they've helped create for only so long ..

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 11:28:07 AM »
a lotta stuff is gonna fail to capture the public's attention now..
and not just some war between a NATO member and Russia
for instance, in Montana, it's just become public knowledge that dozens of women have been murdered...
hmmmm.....
should we be alarmed?
nahhhhhhhhhhh!
what about Hillary's emails
how's the wall comin along now MFers

Online krimster2

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 11:30:19 AM »

Mobers theories have been echoed by the head of the CDC and WHO before General Bone Spurs said to stop spreading hoaxes...

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:15:04 PM by AnonMod »

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 11:44:01 AM »
We already have nearly 30 nations we can tip up and live in with few formalities , thanks..   no 'help' required or sought ..

That right will NOT apply to UK ( only) holding passport holders, soon ..

The topic is COVID-19  v Syria as to which SHOULD be the news
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:46:23 AM by msmob »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 11:45:10 AM »
If everybody in the World got Covid-19 just once, it would kill many times the people that died in WW2

Q : How many people died in WW2  A: c.75 million

World's population currently is 7.8 billion people and if you believe the mortality rate of covid-19 is at 2% and everybody got the virus just ONCE, 156 million people will die.

Doing the math from the numbers at John Hopkins, it's a 6.8% mortality rate so 530 million will die.

But due to suspected underreporting and no reporting from some nations, mortality rate could be 10% or more so 780+ billion people could die.

In Italy 75 people finished their battle with the virus and 29 died. I trust Italy's reporting. That means they currently have a 39% mortality rate.

In South Korea 43 people finished their battle with the virus and 16 died. I trust S Korea's reporting. That means they currently have a 37% mortality rate.

Hopefully with putting the best doctors on the remaining people who are infected in those nations, they can reduce their mortality rates. But if this thing goes explodes worldwide, there's not enough of those best doctors for everybody.

Moby, I don't think your math is very good but when you do your taxes, if you're even paying them, I think your math always favors yourself.

Mobers theories have been echoed by the head of the CDC and WHO

Moby says masks don't work and this virus is no more dangerous than the flu. I doubt the CDC and WHO said that.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline IvanM07

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 11:47:13 AM »
We already have nearly 30 nations we can tip up and live in with few formalities , thanks..   no 'help' required or sought ..

That right will NOT apply to UK ( only) holding passport holders, soon ..

The topic is COVID-19

As you so often derail.

The topic is colour, humour, flavour.

Your cousins in the US are only too happy to remove the 'u' from us.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 11:53:06 AM »
The Brits have a permanent aircraft carrier on Cyprus ..

And they could stop a Turkish aircraft attack? Could they do it twice?

You guys still have your Turkish base

We would right up to the moment that we started directing Turkish
air traffic, but it also ignores the fact that this isn't our concern. If
you Europeans don't want to be overrun by Refuge Goat herders
then you need to do something about it. You're grown now and
can manage your own affairs.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 12:24:55 PM »
World's population currently is 7.8 billion people and if you believe the mortality rate of covid-19 is at 2% and everybody got the virus just ONCE, 156 million people will die.

Silly BillyB needs spoon-feeding re simple arithmetic

YOU referred to WWII and the numbers killed in proportion ... So you decided to take the world population NOW ... ?

Jeez,, the stunts some posters try to pull, rather than admitting STUPIDITY

Doing the math from the numbers at John Hopkins, it's a 6.8% mortality rate so 530 million will die.

Actually, no-one can be accurate - but less than 1 percent is a figure the WHO analyses suggest for China "In China, the overall CFR
was higher in the early stages of the outbreak (17.3% for cases with symptom onset from 1-
10 January) and has reduced over time to 0.7% for patients with symptom onset after 1
February (Figure 4). The Joint Mission noted that the standard of care has evolved over the
course of the outbreak."

http://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

But due to suspected underreporting and no reporting from some nations, mortality rate could be 10% or more so 780+ billion people could die.

In Italy 75 people finished their battle with the virus and 29 died. I trust Italy's reporting. That means they currently have a 39% mortality rate. 

Your two 'examples' are nonsense ... you and I have no idea of the numbers infected in Italy

In South Korea 43 people finished their battle with the virus and 16 died. I trust S Korea's reporting. That means they currently have a 37% mortality rate.

WHO figures for S.Korea 2337 cases confirmed 13 dead ..  That's JUST over half a percent

http://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200228-sitrep-39-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=aa1b80a7_4

Hopefully with putting the best doctors on the remaining people who are infected in those nations, they can reduce their mortality rates. But if this thing goes explodes worldwide, there's not enough of those best doctors for everybody.

Except we are possibly 2-3 months into this and your doomsday scenario 'prognosis' is looking ...

Moby, I don't think your math is very good but when you do your taxes, if you're even paying them, I think your math always favors yourself.

The accountant  checks them and the tax man hasn't disagreed... So much for your deflection attempt .

Moby says masks don't work and this virus is no more dangerous than the flu. I doubt the CDC and WHO said that.

Moby doesn't say it ..  plenty of experts do, though ...   

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 12:26:16 PM »
As you so often derail.

Duh, I started this VERY specific thread ... more marks deducted for inattentiveness

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 12:28:16 PM »
And they could stop a Turkish aircraft attack? Could they do it twice?

We would right up to the moment that we started directing Turkish
air traffic, but it also ignores the fact that this isn't our concern. If
you Europeans don't want to be overrun by Refuge Goat herders
then you need to do something about it. You're grown now and
can manage your own affairs.

Hmm,

I think you MIGHT like to read up on Turkey's role in Syria

They'd not be unhappy to see ASSad and RU warplanes unable to bomb civilians - other than Kurds, of course ..

Offline BillyB

YOU referred to WWII and the numbers killed in proportion

Where did I say "proportion"?

Actually, no-one can be accurate - but less than 1 percent is a figure the WHO analyses suggest for China "In China, the overall CFR
was higher in the early stages of the outbreak (17.3% for cases with symptom onset from 1-
10 January) and has reduced over time to 0.7% for patients with symptom onset after 1
February (Figure 4). The Joint Mission noted that the standard of care has evolved over the
course of the outbreak."

http://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

Where does it say that in that link?

Your two 'examples' are nonsense ... you and I have no idea of the numbers infected in Italy

For over a month, John Hopkins have collected reports from all countries willing to provide them and show the public and YOU still don't know what Italy reported? It's not difficult to use the chart. Click on the country called "Italy" to see what they report.

WHO figures for S.Korea 2337 cases confirmed 13 dead ..  That's JUST over half a percent

http://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200228-sitrep-39-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=aa1b80a7_4

If you walk up to a South Korean who is infected and fighting for their life and tell them "I'm collecting data for mortality rates. Did you survive the virus or did you die from this virus?" They would answer "You're an idiot". That is because you are taking all the people who are currently fighting for their lives and lumping them into the survivor category to get your half a percent mortality rate. A lot of those currently fighting for their lives will be dead. Wait till their battle with the virus is over before factoring into the survivor or dead categories.

Except we are possibly 2-3 months into this and your doomsday scenario 'prognosis' is looking ...

It can be a doomsday virus. Governments have locked down around a billion people to some degree. Nations have closed borders. No cure has been found.

Moby doesn't say it ..  plenty of experts do, though ...   

Where are those experts that say masks aren't any good? You told a Georgian passport control that her mask wasn't any good so she pulled it down. You're an idiot risking her life an those who are entering the country. She's an idiot for believing you. You told another forum masks are good if worn properly and changed out occasionally. But you tell this forum masks are no good. You're an idiot and a liar. If an epidemic hits your town, I hope you buy your wife some masks. You may not wear them but don't go cheap on her safety.

Offline msmob

Where did I say "proportion"?

OK .. so you really DO want to compare 75 million killed ( YOU brought up those killed)  in WWII with the population THEN, instead of now ?

The things Silly Billy B will try to do to avoid admitting  his 'stats' suck and he can't  do percentages ..

Where are those experts that say masks aren't any good?

I am with a micro-biologist, an MD and a retired Surgeon out here... how's THAT for starters ..

Then I've posted two links for you to conveniently 'forget'

You told a Georgian passport control that her mask wasn't any good so she pulled it down. You're an idiot risking her life an those who are entering the country. She's an idiot for believing you. You told another forum masks are good if worn properly and changed out occasionally. But you tell this forum masks are no good. You're an idiot and a liar.

Q: What sort of mask was she( GE passport control )  wearing, Silly BillyB?   

A: A Surgical mask ...To be properly protected against infection passed on through air particles, you would need a mask with a specialised air filter..  As soon as they are damp - they are useless ..( six minutes)

The only IDIOT here is YOU ..posting tech stuff you neither understand  and 'stats' you're arrived at - not WHO ones

If an epidemic hits your town, I hope you buy your wife some masks. You may not wear them but don't go cheap on her safety.

My beloved is in Thailand ...  As I understand it - unthinking fools ensured a shortage, there - not that she'd buy or wear one - unless ordered to..

Have you self-isolated yourself and family, yet ?  :wallbash:

Online krimster2

gozpedy, ludie
don’t you folks in the west have a clue about why Turkey and Russia  and USA are in Syria?

follow the pipelines!

this is a proxy battle about two proposed pipelines which would run across the country and on to Turkey and Europe...

The first pipeline is backed by the US and runs from Qatar through Saudi Arabia and Jordan to Syria, Turkey and then Europe. The second is a Russian backed pipeline that goes from Iran, via Iraq, to Syria to Europe bypassing Turkry,
that's a lotta dough that would be lost...
too much, actually...

Assad, rejected the Qatari pipeline in 2009, at the request of Moscow, to ensure that European reliance on Russian gas would not be undermined.
However, Turkey and the USA and Saudi Arabia have other ideas about the matter

my question?
why doesn't Saudi Arabia and Egypt form a partnership, just look at the map...

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:38:18 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

I think it's somewhat more basic than that ..

ASSad starting dropping barrel bombs on THE biggest city in Syria - Aleppo - because he ( an un-elected 'leader' ) couldn't stop peaceful protests...

The Kremlin didn't want to lose it's last ally in the Middle East ( I do not incl Iran in the M.E ) nor lose it's naval facility at Tartous..having seen how the other Arab Springs had worked out

Online krimster2

a bit of "all of the above"
Soviets dreamed of a Mediterranean base in Syria way back in the 60s
the pipelines justify the expense of maintaining the Russian grip
and for Turkey to try and take it away with USA and European help
money plus geopolitical advantage
how many thousands trying to cross into Bulgaria and Greece
while the WHO warns of a global pandemic

PS
Donald Trump and his miracles and hoax theory, just cost himself the elections unless the Dems also screw up (likely...)

Offline IvanM07

PS
Donald Trump and his miracles and hoax theory, just cost himself the elections unless the Dems also screw up (likely...)

Do you mind if I quote you Nov 17th?))

Online krimster2

"Do you mind if I quote you Nov 17th?))"

Quoth the Raven “Never Trump"
my opinion merely reflects the Narodnaya Volya or "will of the people"

Tovarisch Chorny Varrona
Internet Research Moscva
Humpty Dumpty admirer

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:22:25 PM by krimster2 »

Offline IvanM07

"Do you mind if I quote you Nov 17th?))"

Quoth the Raven “Never Trump"

Tovarisch Chorny Varrona

Posted in Calendar.

Online krimster2

pre-order your cool-aid, I'd go with the original flavor

remember 1 mg of sodium cyanide per kg of body weight
you can buy NaCN purchased on Amazon as a jewelry cleaner very cheaply
mix with an equal amount of sodium hydroxide or drano

add the sodium hydroxide to the water first
this raises the PH to above 9 otherwise the sodium cyanide will just fizz out when you add it to the water
the high PH is to make sure it stays in solution when you swallow it...

a lotta people, like Hitler for instance will shoot themselves shortly after they drink it, just to make sure

hopefully this little bit of info will "ease your passing"
may god's infinite mercy and compassion comfort you in the end

I know a lotta people doing “internet research” in Moscva...
I have been hired by one to be a “strategic consultant”

Trump made a seriously bad move in regards to the Corona virus
the start of the flu/corona virus season is October...
the day of the election is Tuesday November 3....
a good month into the flu season...

IF
on November 2, there are more deaths in the USA, than there were in 2019 at the same time from Corona Virus
THEN Trump will lose!!!
I guarantee it!

all the research people have to do is send out to Bernie Bros
a video with Trump himself saying how
the virus was a hoax
the meuller report was a hoax
the impeachment was a hoax
and then have a mother of a child in the USA come on TV with tears in her eyes
and say, “Hi my name is Amanda Jones, 5 weeks ago, my daughter Angela aged 6, was one of the first to die on the West Coast from the new strain of the Corona Virus that President Trump called a hoax..."
“and that’s why I’m voting for Bernie, and also because I know Bernie won't take away my Obamacare from me and my family

landslide

dang, now whatcha gonna do bout dem sanctions, huh?
I tell ya what the russkies are gonna do
these boys will forget about the You S of A
and be more focused on Europe
so dey gonna wack Turkey hard mon...
bust a cap on dey ass
again
hmmm hmmmm
payback for Krim Turkish Suka
you don't really think you all are gonna muscle in on Russia's gas, now do ya?
you'd better hope you're gonna be able to hang on to whatcha got homeboys

hypothetical question...
what if you sent a flow chart of how money gets laundered from a rival drug and porn gang in Russia into small hedge funds in Indiana to the FBI
and no one heard it...
did it really happen?

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:31:39 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541318