It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ways of communicating  (Read 18592 times)

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Ways of communicating
« on: June 19, 2018, 03:14:58 PM »
Any guys have issues that women say they can't use Skype or Facebook to chat? Any other options out there where you can use a computer to communicate with them, whether they use a computer or phone? I got rid of my cell phone plan since I didn't use it much so I would prefer to use a computer.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Ways of communicating
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 03:51:51 PM »
Any guys have issues that women say they can't use Skype or Facebook to chat?

Some women won't adapt to technology or new things. I avoided Skype and Facebook. I like phone conversations. Although you got rid of your phone plan, you can buy a throwaway phone at Walmart and pay as you use it. Can also buy a calling card online for those long distance calls. Maybe someone here can get you info on how to use your computer as a phone to call a phone.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 04:11:25 PM »
Any guys have issues that women say they can't use Skype or Facebook to chat? Any other options out there where you can use a computer to communicate with them, whether they use a computer or phone? I got rid of my cell phone plan since I didn't use it much so I would prefer to use a computer.

Why can't the women use Skype or FB? What about VK? If they can't use these options where are they located? In the middle of nowhere? My wife is from Moscow and she uses these and others all the time to talk to friends in Moscow.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 11:59:51 PM »

on computer (as well as on a phone):

WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram (last one banned in Russia though)

All require you to have it registered with the phone and verify the logon with, but the desktop app works fine.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 12:03:24 AM »
on computer (as well as on a phone):

WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram (last one banned in Russia though)

All require you to have it registered with the phone and verify the logon with, but the desktop app works fine.

Funnily enough, Telegram still works on some networks ...We used it as it was THE best app for making / receiving calls if one party is in an iffy location

Offline civi68

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:07 PM »
As a poster noted, I also wonder why women say they can't use Skype or Facebook. One told me she can't use them but can use Viber? It doesn't make sense to me. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 06:55:11 PM »
As a poster noted, I also wonder why women say they can't use Skype or Facebook. One told me she can't use them but can use Viber? It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't use Skype, Facebook or Viper. I probably don't make sense to a lot of people who do use those sites for communication. I use the phone and I found out many women were accommodating to my way of communicating.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 03:14:47 AM »
....and when were you last 'on the dating market', BillyB?

I doubt you or most  of your then targets had even heard of 'viper'..( for example )

If someone has VK on their phone they can have other videochat apps.

Suggesting they cannot run them then means they won't or aren't being truthful.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:25:37 AM by msmob »

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 04:08:29 AM »
Already 1,5-2 years ago many stopped using skype of the ladies I talked to, Viber and Whatsapp has taken that place since it is more versatile and widely used as both messaging and calling application.

you two dinosaurs billyb and moby should keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about (anymore)  :popcorn: your outdated information is just confusing people :D

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 04:33:37 AM »
Already 1,5-2 years ago many stopped using skype of the ladies I talked to, Viber and Whatsapp has taken that place since it is more versatile and widely used as both messaging and calling application.

you two dinosaurs billyb and moby should keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about (anymore)  :popcorn: your outdated information is just confusing people :D

:D

Hi Nightwish

I admit to being an ol' git and note that Whatsapp and Viber have - FINALLY - stopped making folks register a new account every time they put a new - local -sim in their mobile ( cell) phone  - UNLIKE SKYPE - when travelling

SKYPE allows easy "screengrabbing " - although the latest variant likes to include the parties images side by side.

This Dinosaur loved Telegram - BEST audio in crappy data connectivity situations and hopes Google can get their audio issues sorted in Duo - then it might replace Skype as the videochat 'king' - it IS the best re video quality, now

Microsoft are ruining Skype - but Whatsapp Web on a PC / Mac / Linux doesn't do calls like Skype / Viber ...

It's clear there IS generation gap thing here- sorry  ;)))

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:15:43 AM by msmob »

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 09:08:18 AM »
:D

Hi Nightwish

I admit to being an ol' git and note that Whatsapp and Viber have - FINALLY - stopped making folks register a new account every time they put a new - local -sim in their mobile ( cell) phone  - UNLIKE SKYPE - when travelling

SKYPE allows easy "screengrabbing " - although the latest variant likes to include the parties images side by side.

This Dinosaur loved Telegram - BEST audio in crappy data connectivity situations and hopes Google can get their audio issues sorted in Duo - then it might replace Skype as the videochat 'king' - it IS the best re video quality, now

Microsoft are ruining Skype - but Whatsapp Web on a PC / Mac / Linux doesn't do calls like Skype / Viber ...

It's clear there's IS generation gap thing here- sorry  ;)))

It is a pity about Skype and yes this a good study in business cultural differences, and how to eff up a working business.

Another point I and others have had multiple problems running Viber in the United States.

For what it worth I still have my ICQ number of ten digits. Perhaps I am older than Moby!  ;) 
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 09:13:50 AM »

For what it worth I still have my ICQ number of ten digits. Perhaps I am older than Moby!  ;) 

I still have an account - but I was using IRC before ICQ ;)

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 09:20:17 AM »
It is a pity about Skype and yes this a good study in business cultural differences, and how to eff up a working business.

Another point I and others have had multiple problems running Viber in the United States.

ehemm.. I have mine of 8 digits, starting with 1057****  :tongueout:

damn, I just realized I can't remember the password anymore, and it wont let me reset it..
I'll go back into my corner and shut up..

but yes, Skype was soo good, until a "couple" of years ago when MS decided to make a business version of it also.. and now is abandoning that as well for MS Teams.. I freaking hate them

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »
I still have an account - but I was using IRC before ICQ ;)
Dalnet, EFnet or the real mysterious one - Undernet?  ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »
Dalnet, EFnet or the real mysterious one - Undernet?  ;)

The IRCII ... I ran a BBS .. 

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »
The IRCII ... I ran a BBS ..

In grad school I used the ARPANET. Prior to university when I started dating I had a rotary dial phone and a party line. Most people have no idea what a telephone connected to party line is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_line_(telephony)

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 10:32:42 AM »
In grad school I used the ARPANET. Prior to university when I started dating I had a rotary dial phone and a party line. Most people have no idea what a telephone connected to party line is.

When I was younger I had two cans with string connecting them. Surprisingly it did work for communication. 
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_line_(telephony)

I got my bro mega compo from British Telecom as they had him on a party line ( his fax line)and he wondered why when a fax came / sent - the internet crashed

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 10:59:41 AM »
When I was younger I had two cans with string connecting them. Surprisingly it did work for communication.
We too had it as kids. A simple variant was our telefono senza fili (cordless telephone): sitting in a circle we would whisper something in the ear of a neighbour - the final result was usually funny :D.

It was a time - early 1950s, after the end of WWII - when for penury of money we had to invent cheap play solutions, which stimulated our imagination.

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 11:13:30 AM »
We too had it as kids. A simple variant was our telefono senza fili (cordless telephone): sitting in a circle we would whisper something in the ear of a neighbour - the final result was usually funny :D.

It was a time - early 1950s, after the end of WWII - when for penury of money we had to invent cheap play solutions, which stimulated our imagination.

We called this game 'Chinese Whispers'

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »
I got my bro mega compo from British Telecom as they had him on a party line ( his fax line)and he wondered why when a fax came / sent - the internet crashed

In the 50s while living in London my best friend Jimmy and I used to listen in on conversations on our family's party line phones. This means we were listening in not on our family's calls but on the phone calls of our neighbors. Jimmy's older sister Betty taught us how to do it when we were about 5 or 6.

Many families back in the 50s even in a large city like London did not have a telephone. If they needed to make a phone call they used a pay phone. Some pay phones accepted incoming calls some didn't. People sometimes waited by the pay phone for a call back. Don't know the rationale used to decide which pay phones accepted incoming calls.

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 04:23:37 AM »
If they can't use these options where are they located? In the middle of nowhere?

Absolutly agree. I have no one friend who doesnt use Vk or WhatsUp or Viber.
Its 2018 in Russia too by the way. Even in the middle of nowhere Russion people use messangers.

Offline ML

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 07:26:17 AM »
Absolutly agree. I have no one friend who doesnt use Vk or WhatsUp or Viber.
Its 2018 in Russia too by the way. Even in the middle of nowhere Russion people use messangers.

Totally not true.
With Russia being so huge . . . have you forgotten about Siberia . . . there are many, many places in Russia where there is zero means of electronic communication.

Hell even in some states in USA, there are some mountainous areas with few inhabitants so not viable to provide Internet to those areas.

The fact that you have no friends who don't use electronic communication just indicates how disconnected you are from the real world (including Russia) around you.

That would be like someone who always has a new car and all his/her friends have a new car; making the proclamation . . . all people have new cars.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 04:30:54 PM »
ML you seem to like to discount any new RW posting about most anything.There is a history of it.
And before you do your usual accusation when acting rude to a new RW here, no i'm not being some white knight for the damsel. Lol

Because in *context*of the OPs question,  her point is quite valid, and I believe you know that.

The OP was not asking about one specific  individual, or a percentage  that *could be* an outlier(s) in sub artic siberia.
(Siviers did a fantastic job of getting the majority of  population into tte population centers, (ulike the usa)Please give odds OP is trying to talk to someone outside such areas)

He was asking a broader general question about running into this lack of willingness to communicate that way in general.

In general, it's a lame excuse to not communicate.Thats all it is.period.
Nothing more.

The OP shouldn't waste his time with those who do not want to  communicate.

(Odds are they don't want to transition from the agency, or simply not that interested in communicating it really doesnt matter *why*)

Any women genuinely interested would:
1.Offer a reasonable explanation
(I live in remote siberia)
2. Offer an alternative, or several alternatives.
Like viber,WhatsApp, simple phone convos etc etc etc etc etc etc.
3.call him directly.

I really really have a hard time believing anyone interested in me, dint communicate over a lack of  appropriate app, computer program, or internet connection.

Whether from the back woods of Montana,  or Russia.

If the op misses out on romance, over those odds, he is the unluckiest man in the history of the forum.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 04:41:03 PM »
"Any guys have issues that women say they can't use Skype or Facebook to chat?"

Bruv, been married almost 19 yr to a Russian woman
all of my friends know my wife
a few have taken me aside and have asked how do THEY go about repeating my good fortune
generally when they get to the point of letter writing, etc
and they encounter someone with "communications issues"
it's because they're a scammer...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541375