It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Light at the end of the tunnel for saving Western Society  (Read 13070 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Light at the end of the tunnel for saving Western Society
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2020, 02:20:20 PM »
Lots more e-ink wasted ..

Answer this ( honestly)

Do you have a problem connecting with lasses - despite you claimed 'not bad looks' ..?

IF you answer was honest - ask yourself why

YOU 'blame' UK ladies 'attitudes' ... but a guy that can 'pull' a lady in the UK will 'pull' anywhere

There might well be something in what you say Mobers I'll give you that. Yeah I reckon I probably do fall just a little short on the stuff you mention. I know guys that probably fall even shorter than me. End of the day we are born as we are.

The thing is the way society used to function women couldn't be too fussy, now they are, feminism has given them both cards in the pack. They see it as no longer needing men, rightly or wrongly. Before they pretty much 'had' to have a guy to provide a income to have a family. The guy 'had' to have a woman to both be able to have kids and usually to cook the food and do the domestic stuff - few other options existed back then after a tiring day at work.

This makes the task of finding a girl harder for the average or below average looks guy. It's possible to look out in the FSU which has less problems of the above but other problems can arise like understanding the culture, language, etc.

Every society can add or take away social apparatus that can make it easier or harder to find a relationship. Start removing, restricting or reducing the welfare state for example and all of a sudden girls who would happily go for a hot looking exciting chav guy will then consider guys that are average looking or less and not so exciting but can provide for them. Similarly a girl who hasn't got easy access to compete for careers with guys will consider guys who if they were in a career job they might not see as good enough.

It's all social engineering, the slightest change or tweak can be life changing and often beyond control of the person being affected. A lot of the time people fail to recognise that they are not shaping their destiny it is being shaped for them. They are just existing and knocking around in the social apparatus and what it allows them to be capable of and how it affects them.

The social apparatus in the UK at present just results in a lot of social degredation and poor outcomes for many people.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2020, 02:25:03 PM »
Boethius,

My parents were working-class ..my father worked as firstly a small grocers shop manager then as an odd-job man in a factory.

My mother stayed at home until I was 14,then did a couple of hours one night a week as a cleaner,then later worked for free in a charity shop to relieve her boredom once my brother reached 14 eleven years later.

They bought their own home and when they'd both died they left an additional £158,000 in cash.

They were married for 61 years before my mother died aged 78.

So It wasn't just middle-class women and above who could be housewives...many women were.

This is true, both my parents were working class. My father went out to work in various working class jobs over the years. After having children my mother largely stayed at home too. I reckon it can still be done today, in fact I'm pretty sure it can in the UK. If single mothers can do it, though most largely on benefit, then most could do it I believe.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2020, 02:54:36 PM »
Trench,

I know a few young guys in their twenties where I live and they tell me it doesn't matter how chavvy a guy looks, if he has some "gear" he'll pull tons of girls.

I also know a guy in his sixties,often skint and who is nothing to look at, who regularly has good-looking women in their twenties and thirties staying round his small home.

The attraction ? He can get hold of some "gear".
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 03:16:56 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2020, 04:24:39 PM »
Trench,

I know a few young guys in their twenties where I live and they tell me it doesn't matter how chavvy a guy looks, if he has some "gear" he'll pull tons of girls.

I also know a guy in his sixties,often skint and who is nothing to look at, who regularly has good-looking women in their twenties and thirties staying round his small home.

The attraction ? He can get hold of some "gear".

I don't do drugs nor want anything to do with them. I don't see how it comes into having the sort of relationship I would like.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2020, 04:47:52 PM »
Nor do I..but it seems we're in the minority nowadays among the under 70's in the UK.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2020, 05:14:19 PM »
Nor do I..but it seems we're in the minority nowadays among the under 70's in the UK.

Ah, indeed. From most of what I see or rather get wind off is weed. Often an infernal smell enough to put me of just from that. I can understand though people who take it whose lives are real bad to escape it all. Taken for purely recreation I have no sympathy for those lot.

It's a part of what I'm getting at that people are increasingly going onto drugs which themselves may cause long term mental health issues. Mostly I get the impression that life is getting more f*cked up for the majority. I see the lack of family ties and the family unit as it used to be for being responsible for this.

It used to be the small minority of the population in a bad state, now unfortunately it seems to be a rather large chunk of society. I just think we're making life incredibly hard on most of ourselves by carrying on down the route we seem to be presently stuck on.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2020, 05:42:14 AM »
This is true, both my parents were working class. My father went out to work in various working class jobs over the years. After having children my mother largely stayed at home too. I reckon it can still be done today, in fact I'm pretty sure it can in the UK. If single mothers can do it, though most largely on benefit, then most could do it I believe.

So, Trench, you STILL think you can bring in a non EU bride and claim benefits ?

Good luck with her Residence / ILR application

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2020, 10:45:18 AM »
So, Trench, you STILL think you can bring in a non EU bride and claim benefits ?

Good luck with her Residence / ILR application

I can claim benefits for myself and any of my children she can't. That though would not be a big deal/amount of money. Mainly though I would not be looking to rely on benefits I merely stated it as one way that some people on low pay can manage in this country. Not all are entirely dependent on benefit, some work but just need extra to top up if they have children for a while. I'm just saying the various ways the traditional family can work here.

Offline msmob

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2020, 01:01:27 PM »
Many thanks for proving you haven't a 'Scoobie Doo' about No's no's ( Resorting to Public Funds ) re you or your mythical good lady from an Non-EU country..except in exceptional circumstances.

Boy, do you ever walk onto punches...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 02:08:16 PM »
Many thanks for proving you haven't a 'Scoobie Doo' about No's no's ( Resorting to Public Funds ) re you or your mythical good lady from an Non-EU country..except in exceptional circumstances.

Boy, do you ever walk onto punches...

Ah, we're back to our 'Scoobie Doo's' are we Mobe, you know what that means :devilish:

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »
Boethius,

My parents were working-class ..my father worked as firstly a small grocers shop manager then as an odd-job man in a factory.

My mother stayed at home until I was 14,then did a couple of hours one night a week as a cleaner,then later worked for free in a charity shop to relieve her boredom once my brother reached 14 eleven years later.

They bought their own home and when they'd both died they left an additional £158,000 in cash.

They were married for 61 years before my mother died aged 78.

So It wasn't just middle-class women and above who could be housewives...many women were.

I was referring to women of the 1950's and earlier.  I doubt you were a child in the 1950's.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2020, 02:52:04 PM »
The thing is the way society used to function women couldn't be too fussy, now they are, feminism has given them both cards in the pack. They see it as no longer needing men, rightly or wrongly. Before they pretty much 'had' to have a guy to provide a income to have a family. The guy 'had' to have a woman to both be able to have kids and usually to cook the food and do the domestic stuff - few other options existed back then after a tiring day at work.

So women should just settle for any strange guy who possibly will beat her, come home drunk, spend money on booze, just because he's available? 

Your suppositions are ridiculous and demonstrate your misogyny over and over again.   

You've been to a country where women lack the "choices" they do in the UK, and you haven't been successful so far.  What does that tell you about your theories of the world?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:55:53 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline civi68

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2020, 07:30:45 AM »
I don't buy the idea that feminism made women not need men. It just enabled them not to have to be with a guy just to get out of their parent's home. But if men are hoping for a return to the days where a woman might have to consider a guy she is not attracted to just to have money, it doesn't happen often. Or if they do, they may not be faithful and go for the guy they really want on the side.
    If a woman is attracted to a guy, they will not act like they don't need him. They will act like they have been lonely for so long and how hard it was to find an attractive guy. I am sure everyone here has seen women that are standoffish to most men only to suddenly perk up when certain guys come around. They just act independent to keep men they don't want away.

Offline msmob

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2020, 08:33:14 AM »
I disagree that older kids cost more ..

Please let me expand ! ..

If you and your wife worked - one income stream ceases or reduces in most cases

When kids are older - BOTH parents are free to work - while the kids are teenagers and are at school - and when they are University / 'College' age - they also free up both parents ...

When they are 16 they should be working part-time and understanding that they must contribute and earn 'pocket money' ..

So, I think older kids cost less

Oh, and GQB is spouting his usual bollox ...

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2020, 08:37:03 AM »
I disagree that older kids cost more ..

Please let me expand ! ..

If you and your wife worked - one income stream ceases or reduces in most cases

When kids are older - BOTH parents are free to work - while the kids are teenagers and are at school - and when they are University / 'College' age - they also free up both parents ...

When they are 16 they should be working part-time and understanding that they must contribute and earn 'pocket money' ..

So, I think older kids cost less

Oh, and GQB is spouting his usual bollox ...

Well, you are - as usual - wrong..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2020, 08:50:43 AM »

LMAO! Wait till you get wind of his *success in dating/relationship* advice....it's hysterical!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2020, 12:07:34 PM »

'As usual'  :deadhorse:

THAT WAS funny ..  More truthful is that I thought it trough .. and had experience with three lots of teenagers

Offline msmob

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2020, 12:09:31 PM »
You'll note neither father of ( how many was it , GQB? ) and Nightwish had no 'counter' - just the usual drive-by troll !

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2020, 01:24:19 PM »
You'll note neither father of ( how many was it , GQB? ) and Nightwish had no 'counter' - just the usual drive-by troll !

All I noted was that you are wrong, again, this is starting to become a habit of yours, to always be wrong..

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2020, 01:43:50 PM »
In my experience, kids cost the most from about 7 to 14.  Even if they don't have jobs thereafter, costs drop off after that.

Don't underestimate the costs for toddlers.  They need cribs, strollers, car seats, books, and clothing that they grow out of very quickly.

Offline Gator

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2020, 02:41:45 PM »
In my experience, kids cost the most from about 7 to 14.  Even if they don't have jobs thereafter, costs drop off after that.

I vote for university years.  Tuition, flat, auto, auto insurance.

Don't underestimate the costs for toddlers.  They need cribs, strollers, car seats, books, and clothing that they grow out of very quickly.

That is why it is best to have lots of children, enabling "stuff" to be passed down and reused.   :D :D ;D

IMO the largest cost of toddlers was my time.  They came when I was also building a business.  Thank God their mother wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. 

Looking back, kids are expensive throughout their years, yet worth every penny (and every minute).  Infinite number of precious memories. 

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2020, 02:42:35 PM »

I don’t think so.
The costs of young children can be mitigated by passing clothes around, same with car seats, strollers etc. It doesn’t take as much to satisfy their needs and wants.

With older children, they require adult sized clothing, shoes, appetites. They are fashion and brand conscious. Entertainment costs, travel costs, educational requirements, everything costs more, so, on balance, older children cost more.

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2020, 03:39:46 PM »

So far the largest cost has been the childcare starting at 3 months and before school. A good nanny is very expensive but a life saver.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2020, 03:43:16 PM »

Toddlers require almost constant care and observation either
one of the parents or grandparents must do it or you have
to hire somebody to do it. During the care of toddlers are
the lost years of employment where you don't move up
the ladder, get raises or gain experience and responsibilities.

The 7 year olds and up require dentists, orthodontics, dancing
lessons, sports, swimming lessons, shuttle service all over the
place, photos, programs, costumes, science projects, uniforms, 
musical instruments and lessons, and a thousand other things.

People without a foreign wife or kids can debate the costs of
having them, but they don't have ANY credibility among those
of us who do.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2020, 05:05:35 PM »
I vote for university years.  Tuition, flat, auto, auto insurance.

Yes, tuition/cars/housing is expensive.  But, not all parents pay for this. 

That is why it is best to have lots of children, enabling "stuff" to be passed down and reused.   :D :D ;D

There is only a year between our first and second, and 2 between the second and third.  No clothes sharing between the first two (girl/boy), and we needed two car seats, two cribs, different sets of toys.  The older one walked once her brother was born, so only one stroller.

Looking back, kids are expensive throughout their years, yet worth every penny (and every minute).  Infinite number of precious memories.

I agree.

I don’t think so.
The costs of young children can be mitigated by passing clothes around, same with car seats, strollers etc. It doesn’t take as much to satisfy their needs and wants.

With older children, they require adult sized clothing, shoes, appetites. They are fashion and brand conscious. Entertainment costs, travel costs, educational requirements, everything costs more, so, on balance, older children cost more.

See above on my experience with toddler expenses.  Winter coats didn't always last for hand down to the third, just because of different birthdays/size differences, and I never handed down shoes or boots.  I didn't find a huge difference in food expenses over the years.

Our kids did wear very expensive jeans, but they only had a couple of pair per year, and could wear them for years. 

Toddlers require almost constant care and observation either one of the parents or grandparents must do it or you have to hire somebody to do it. During the care of toddlers are the lost years of employment where you don't move up the ladder, get raises or gain experience and responsibilities.

The 7 year olds and up require dentists, orthodontics, dancing lessons, sports, swimming lessons, shuttle service all over the place, photos, programs, costumes, science projects, uniforms, musical instruments and lessons, and a thousand other things.

People without a foreign wife or kids can debate the costs of having them, but they don't have ANY credibility among those of us who do.

Not all FSUW are stay at home mothers. 

I didn't factor in the economic cost of lost employment, although I believe that was one of moby's points.  If you factor that into the equation, then pre school aged children may be the most expensive.  pitbull's point is also considered here re childcare, although our family never used nannies/au pairs/daycare.

Even working mothers lose employment advancement when they have children.  I wasn't a stay at home mother, but our children were always in our care - either with my husband or me, and in my parents' care during the two hour overlap in our work schedules.  Had that care not been available, my husband would have found alternate employment.  But, I know that my advancement opportunities were affected by the fact I didn't want to go out and schmooze clients daily after work.  I still made a good living, but not the $700,000 and up some of my contemporaries made. The money was never worth the trade off to me.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:07:26 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1958
Total: 1967

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM