It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Last travel to Kiev  (Read 1853 times)

Offline KievHarmony

• Commercial Member
Last travel to Kiev
« on: August 10, 2008, 06:32:51 AM »
Kiev. This time our goal is to prepare our wedding in september... The travel was without problem except details making all charms of Ukraine:
3 international flight arrive at same time in Borispol : all baggage are put on the same conveyor belt. Result ? The belt is broken.... (in the primary sense of the word... two parts ripped off)
Result, me who was happy to have managed to exit the custom in 5 minutes, 1 hour of extra delay before going out of the airport. As Murphy law must apply, batteries of my phone decided to die at same time. Finally in the arms of my beloved, we were ready to start this week with administration and preparation.

On Sunday, we started to look for our restaurant. During last weeks, she went to around 20 restaurants and after discussion on skype and photos sent, we decided to go together to 5 of them.

Many places are nice but surrounded by buildings and we can't imagine doing pictures outside. At the end we hesitated between 3 places:

- one is closed place with several rooms for wedding. This is definitely their business and they can handle everything, they have even (nice) little houses for people who can not go back home after celebrating.
- One another is located near Dnepr, offering place for very good photos if the weather is ok end of spetmber.
- Last one is located in the heart of Kiev, this is more a gastronomic restaurant but with great panorama. Only problem, it will use our buffer budget for ceremony
After talk we decided to choose the last one, we met the manager 3 times, established our menu (their will be carpaccio of salmon and magret of duck...) and found a deal, we can bring the Champagne.

On monday, we went to Pirogovo. Located out of Kiev, Old Ukraine with houses and demonstration of traditional work is shown here. The weather is perfect. I am with the one I love and life is great !

The day after started our administrative work. We started by the french embassy to sign the prenup. French embassy is working with list of autorized translators and we get our first surprise. Translating a document for a foreigner and a Ukrainian woman does not cost the same price.... 70 gr for one document for my fiancee.. 150 for me !

Finally I have copy of my passport translated and notarized.. next step is to legalize the document and we went to the ministry of foreign affair. Here you fill the request, you go at desk 1. desk 1 gives you a ticket with the amount to pay, you go at desk 2 and pay, after you can go at desk 1 to give your request...

The legalization of document and translation are done the same day (certificate of capacity of marriage and passport translation in my case).

Next step ? Day after, we go to find rings... we have found one place  reasonably priced. They have a store for display and ordering rings after take around 4 or 5 weeks.

both of us liked the same model, simple gold polished. day after we went each one on our side... me at Canadian embassy to have details about immigration for her and her to make some modifications to her wedding dress...

Next ? Zags ! Now we need to register our wedding. We go first... again, we must fill application and pay for it...  but payment can not be done in Zags... we need to find a bank that can receive payment to government (we will discover that not all can..)

We go back to ZAGS with proof of payment, only to learn that they stop to take registration for wedding this day and we must come back the day after...

Trolley bus again and longgggggg wait in Zags to get finally our wedding registred in september. Final thing to be done, rental of the car for the celebration...

All went perfectly well during these 10 days and we know each one that common life will be very easy.. The best words to describe our relation is harmony and natural...

Here are some photos ...last one if official card from ZAGS

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1993
Total: 2003

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM