It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1085681 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2400 on: February 02, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »
And still it goes down down down & down.
We should have a competition to see who can predict where it will stop falling (ie the ultimate low point in Putin and his Kremlin kleptocrats  achieve)
Some time ago-- when it was laughably suggested that Putin would hit 63 this year along  the oil and rubble price  at 63-- now all well past that point--only leaves Putin to get to 63 !!
I nominated Oil price much lower than so far-- and rubble at 126( a multiple of 63)-- so far worse than even now.At the time I was joking-- but now-- maybe it is  possible.
1.00 USD   =   70.3579 RUB
US Dollar   ↔   Russian Ruble
1 USD = 70.3579 RUB   1 RUB = 0.0142130 USD
Convert again
RUB/USD thumbnailView Chart
Mid-market rates: 2015-02-02 08:50 UTC

Here is a little correction and addition to the daily chart. 

Oil:  at the moment UP again 50.06 although it is still trading:
Ruble:  68 to dollar

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=clh15.nym

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Bruce lee

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2401 on: February 03, 2015, 12:41:15 AM »
Yep... Keep the sheep population drunk and compliant.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/02/02/russias-economy-is-so-bad-it-has-cut-vodka-prices/

Must be the crowning achievement of mongoloid Putin's social policy to make hard liquor that affordable to even the poorest segment of the population.

The midget better start building more clinics for liver cirrhosis treatment.  :cluebat:
Question out of curiosity really – does your contribution to FSUW forums extend any further than these frankly immature statements? Fair enough the subject matter has got your nose out of joint, but personally I don’t find the misfortune of others amusing, nor should any functioning adult!

From an adult perspective I don’t find any part of the conflict in Ukraine or its wider implications a source of constant ridicule – the only group that suffers are the ordinary people on the street - hey, maybe I just missed the joke!

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2402 on: February 03, 2015, 02:19:58 AM »
Jone, this is not the same archived article in the MT, but appropriate to the topic now. http://www.themoscowtimes.com/top_stories/article/newsletter/515217.html?

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2403 on: February 03, 2015, 07:16:48 AM »
Question out of curiosity really – does your contribution to FSUW forums extend any further than these frankly immature statements? Fair enough the subject matter has got your nose out of joint, but personally I don’t find the misfortune of others amusing, nor should any functioning adult!

From an adult perspective I don’t find any part of the conflict in Ukraine or its wider implications a source of constant ridicule – the only group that suffers are the ordinary people on the street - hey, maybe I just missed the joke!

Bruce,

Glad to see you contributing again. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2404 on: February 04, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »

Because they're clumsy and keep walking in front of bullets and bombs, sheesh.
Talk about not being too bright.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=17859.50

Offline Steamer

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2405 on: February 04, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »
Da Da Da
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2406 on: February 04, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »
There’s only one thing that can save Russia’s economy, and it’s not Vladimir Putin.

In keeping with Mod3's new edict, read the reasons at,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/03/theres-only-one-thing-that-can-save-russias-economy-and-its-not-vladimir-putin/

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2407 on: February 04, 2015, 04:24:28 PM »

Your concern for lives of the invaded move me.  Care to elaborate?

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2408 on: February 05, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »
Some facts and figures regarding the exodus from Russia...

Who is leaving Russia and who is entering says a lot

..."In total, if we exclude the Ukrainians who moved to Russia, a net 1 million foreigners left Russia in the second half of 2014, according to data from Federal Migration Service, which was posted on РБК."...

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/westerners-leaving-russia-2015-2#ixzz3Qr0pdMMP

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline Gator

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2409 on: February 05, 2015, 07:06:30 AM »
Russia mow has more Ukrainians than Uzbekis.  I assume most of the recent influx of Ukrainians are refugees. 

The conflict in Ukraine could have been avoided if those Ukrainians who wanted to be part of Russia simply emigrated to Russia. 

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2410 on: February 05, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »
Gator,

This has never been about Russian speaking Ukrainian nationals and you know it.  That was a silly statement and unexpected from you.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2411 on: February 05, 2015, 08:31:08 AM »
He didn't say anything about the language issue Jone..

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2412 on: February 05, 2015, 08:37:37 AM »
The entire conflict is about Russia feeling that its borders are threatened and about the failure of the Eurasian Customs Union.  No amount of Ukrainians migrating to Russia would have appeased Russian interests.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2413 on: February 05, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
True. And since they are refugees and homeless it'll just cost more.  :clapping:

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2414 on: February 05, 2015, 09:26:35 AM »
The conflict in Ukraine could have been avoided if those Ukrainians who wanted to be part of Russia simply emigrated to Russia.

Putin prefers the land they are living on.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2415 on: February 05, 2015, 09:36:17 AM »
..."In total, if we exclude the Ukrainians who moved to Russia, a net 1 million foreigners left Russia in the second half of 2014, according to data from Federal Migration Service, which was posted on РБК."...

It sounds a little strange when departing Uzbeks and Tadjiks are called as foreigners  :D

There is a second option to avoid the conflict. If those Ukrainians who wanted to be part of EU  simply emigrated to Germany and France.   Saying this I'd like to point that the reasons of conflict is much deeper than usually voiced at the forum. Just can't resist  :)

Offline Bruce lee

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2416 on: February 05, 2015, 09:40:01 AM »
Your concern for lives of the invaded move me.  Care to elaborate?
As I’m familiar with your deranged and often incoherently rambled contributions to the FSUW forum World I have no desire to engage you as a normal – if the spirit of my post wasn’t clear to you than that’s your problem – I have no time to provide playgroup level explanations to the likes of you.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2417 on: February 05, 2015, 11:26:48 AM »
It sounds a little strange when departing Uzbeks and Tadjiks are called as foreigners  :D

You may consider your quip amusing, however, this sentiment is reminiscent of the Russian attitude towards Georgia and Ukraine prior to Putin's invasions of those countries as well. So from where I stand your smiley doesn't invoke humor.

You do understand that Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan are now independent countries or has the Kremlin propaganda machine gone to work on them as well?

Brass
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:50:53 AM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2418 on: February 05, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »
As I’m familiar with your deranged and often incoherently rambled contributions to the FSUW forum World I have no desire to engage you as a normal – if the spirit of my post wasn’t clear to you than that’s your problem – I have no time to provide playgroup level explanations to the likes of you.

Let me join Jone in praising your contributions

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2419 on: February 05, 2015, 03:13:52 PM »

Putin prefers the land they are living on.

That's the key and also why it gets incredibly tiresome for the pro-Putin bunch to whine about the US invasion of Afghanistan, etc. which were never about the USA trying to steal lands from another country.  The purposes of the two countries are so diametrically opposed that I wonder why they even bother with this line of debate; but I'm more than happy to swat it down.

That said you would really think that the country with the largest land mass in the World, mostly undeveloped and with poor infrastructure would invest in itself instead of an arrogant 19th century attempt to build more Empire based on extreme nationalism.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2420 on: February 05, 2015, 03:22:30 PM »
Russia mow has more Ukrainians than Uzbekis.  I assume most of the recent influx of Ukrainians are refugees. 

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2421 on: February 05, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »

How about that. All this time I thought Russians called them stupid, morons, idiots.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Belvis

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2422 on: February 07, 2015, 03:00:19 AM »

How about that. All this time I thought Russians called them stupid, morons, idiots.

Tadjiks and Uzbeks in Moscow are like Mexicans in south states of US. Are you calling Mexicans stupid, morons, idiots?
Or you read too much Russian Nazi sources?

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2423 on: February 07, 2015, 07:00:25 AM »
Tadjiks and Uzbeks in Moscow are like Mexicans in south states of US. Are you calling Mexicans stupid, morons, idiots?

Mexicans who legally emigrate to America are called Americans.

Offline Muzh

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2424 on: February 07, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »

Thanks for answering the question.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541437
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2014
Total: 2023

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 08:03:37 AM