It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Agencies in the FSU  (Read 2321 times)

Offline sdgill58

Agencies in the FSU
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:17:25 AM »
Does any one have an  extensive knowledge of agencies based in the FSU. A book that i read Russian bride guide suggested using small family owned agencies in Medium sized cities in the FSU. I am looking for a European lady preferably from Northwest Russia , cities that appeal are ones such as Novgodrod, just below St Petersburg, Vyborg, Pskov,Smolensk, cherepovets , Vologda, . I tend to be interested in more fairer skinned north western European look , I would also be open to this type of agencie in the baltic states . One member online actually told me that during Tsarist times alot of European Russian emigrated to Irkutsk, so this could be a possibility. The point is nobody seems to be able to provide with the addresses of real local agencies based in these kinds of cities or how to access them. Would you be able to help in anyway at all with these matters. Any suggestions or further advice you can provide me with would be very much appreciated . Thank you for your help Best Regards Steve from England

Offline Manny

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Agencies in the FSU
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »
A book that i read Russian bride guide

Greetings Steve. My wife and I wrote the book that you refer to.

There is a difficulty in finding the family run agencies in the last couple of years especially. There are no agencies at all left in Estonia for example. Many smaller sites have gone out of business as most of the traffic is taken by larger sites. It may be the case that the larger sites are almost the only options remaining in the near future. Volgagirl.com is one site that is owned by a family couple in the US that still appears honest despite its change of ownership to a client a couple of years ago. We know the woman who runs the Russian end.

Even as little as a year ago, I could easily recommend a handful of small family run sites. But most either sold up, went skint or went bent.

Of the larger sites, the only ones we feel happy recommending are on the resource site detailed on page 197 of the book.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:25:31 PM by Manny »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »
            :welcome: to RWD

I could remark that there are internet services all over Eastern Europe.
There are single Russian ladies that are not necessarily looking for American, Anglo or other western men. My wife's son meet his wife in Odessa that way [on the net].
Neither one spoke English at that time but now they are another NYC Brighten Beach Ukrainian family.

To meet those ladies that are aiming for a western guy, I would recommend one of the tour services that are available from those members here on this site.
Some call it 'speed dating' but none-the-less provides the opportunity to meet several ladies exclusively that way.
Good luck
Karl 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:10:27 PM by tfcrew »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline TwoBitBandit

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »
The agency thing is pretty much done in Russia.  There's still a few agencies clinging on but the quality of the girls is pretty low.  There are more agencies holding on in Belarus and even more in Ukraine since the economies there are poorer. 

As Manny said, however, a lot of the more honest mom-and-pop agencies are being wiped out by larger scam agencies.  Most of the honest agencies are local and know their girls.  There are some honest large agencies like Elenas Models but they're in the minority.  Elena's isn't really an agency in the classic sense; it's more like match.com.

The good news is that there are better ways to meet girls these days.  In the "old days" agencies were necessary because there was no way to find girls yourself.  These days you can find boatloads of girls on mamba.ru and other Russian-language sites, and a fraction of them will be open to meeting foreigners.  Your odds will go up there if you know Russian or if you hire someone to help you correspond in Russian.

When I started my search I met a lot of agency girls and I'm glad I "moved on" to the native online dating sites.  Agencies just created grief for me with all their BS, and a lot of the girls I met from agencies were just trouble in high heels.  (Although I admit that the fact I became fluent in Russian helped me find girls without an agency.)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 07:02:51 AM »

Most of the honest agencies are local and know their girls.  There are some honest large agencies like Elenas Models but they're in the minority.  Elena's isn't really an agency in the classic sense; it's more like match.com.

Elana's Models is an American agency...

Elena's Models
 2355 Westwood Blvd, # 225
 Los Angeles CA 90064
 USA
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Manny

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
Elana's Models is an American agency...

Elena's Models is actually based in Australia. That is where their head office is, and that is where our last Christmas card from Elena was mailed from.  ;)

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
A book that i read Russian bride guide suggested using small family owned agencies in Medium sized cities in the FSU.
There are a couple of forum members that manage small agencies:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=9925.0
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1600.0

Offline Kuna

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 11:11:15 PM »

Greetings Steve. My wife and I wrote the book that you refer to.

There is a difficulty in finding the family run agencies in the last couple of years especially. There are no agencies at all left in Estonia for example. Many smaller sites have gone out of business as most of the traffic is taken by larger sites. It may be the case that the larger sites are almost the only options remaining in the near future. Volgagirl.com is one site that is owned by a family couple in the US that still appears honest despite its change of ownership to a client a couple of years ago. We know the woman who runs the Russian end.

Even as little as a year ago, I could easily recommend a handful of small family run sites. But most either sold up, went skint or went bent.

Of the larger sites, the only ones we feel happy recommending are on the resource site detailed on page 197 of the book.

Sounds like the book is out of date and needs an update...  of course this is an opportunity to create "Version 2" with all of the new info about social media and new social and economic conditions in FSU.

Offline myheart2ukraine

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »

Steve from England

dobriden steve MH2U hopes your quest for finding love in russia goes very well but if you decide 2 change your mind there, then try ukraine & i can help no problem

the guy manny with his wife did write that book that you have read but i have never read it as i no need 2. all-so this guy can be found all over the internet in forums that much deal with dating/woman from russia/ukraine/more countries. manny can all-so be found at ruadventures as a boss/moderator there

again i am a old veteran brit  guy here in ukraine so do not hesitate 2 use me

myheart2ukraine     8)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541537
Total Topics: 20868