It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ? bout immunizations & physical...  (Read 9508 times)

Offline 5150

? bout immunizations & physical...
« on: February 07, 2005, 04:46:13 AM »
My wife does NOT have ANY of the vaccinations needed for her physical. Apparently vaccinations are NOT on top of the list for parents regarding their children because I"ve then heard from some OTHER men the same thing.
Does anyone know how MANY vaccinations are required? We need to get to work on this so I'm trying to figure this out. I KNOW she can't get them all at once so she'll need several visits.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 07:17:12 AM »
From where your wife is ? And where she will go ? Without information, we cannot help you... each country have a list of obligate and recommanded vaccinations...

If your wife is russian, i am surprised that she have no vaccinations ?

When my first russian wife have come in Belgium with her daughter... all was in order... and she have for her and her daughter a full medical book from the birth to the time she have go outside russia... all was writing... each vaccination, each visit to doctor, each time she was ill... a real history from her medical past... and each newborn from russia receive so book...

And russian woman are a little parano about the health of her children... they take care too much... and maybe give too much medication...

Offline 5150

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 07:40:44 AM »
My wife is Ukrainian. I've heard the same about at least 2 other Ukrainian couples.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 08:51:12 AM »
Hello 5150,

If you visit ukraine... no requirement but ... health advice at http://www.mdtravelhealth.com/destinations/europe/ukraine.html

If your lady from Ukraine stay more that 3 month in US, for vaccinations, visit : http://www.1mmigration.com/importan.htm 

Now, some official information about vaccinations and health in Ukraine and Russia:

- at http://arctic.unep.net/index.cfm?issue=&type=1&data_id=12736 , you can see world map about children vaccinations... Ukraine have a more high % that US of Europa !!!

- very interesting... a report from UN over russia... a lot of information about all... see table at end :  http://www.hri.ca/fortherecord2003/documentation/tbodies/e-c12-4-add10.htm

- on my site, you can read in a official medical report that 98% of children have vaccinations in 1995 and 99.3% in 2000 .... and more medical information about aids, life experence, ... at http://www.love-from-russia.be/PNACQ490.pdf [/color][/b]

Offline 5150

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 10:09:04 AM »
Thanks for the info Bruno I'll check out the site. Not sure what was going on through my mother in laws head for not vaccinating ANY of her children.

Offline 5150

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 07:07:55 AM »
OTher than the American Medical Center I've heard there is another place to take the physcial...something about oil ministry or oil corporation or something. Does anyone know the exact name of that place so I can do a search & get info on prices etc?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 06:06:26 PM »
[user=26]5150[/user] wrote:
OTher than the American Medical Center I've heard there is another place to take the physcial...something about oil ministry or oil corporation or something. Does anyone know the exact name of that place so I can do a search & get info on prices etc?

Hospital for Oil-Refining Industry of Ukraine
9, Spusk Protasov Yar
252110 Kiev 110, Ukraine
Tel: 380 (44) 277-4181

Proof or vaccinations required for:

mumps
measles
rubella
polio
tenanus and diptheria
pertussis
influenza type b(Hib) and,
hepatitis B
varicella
pneumococcal
influenza
chicken pox (new)

My wife went to this facility - and she had been to AMC several times on previous occasions. She liked this Hospital better than AMC. It was also less expensive (I don't recall the cost, but it was less than $100.)

I hope this helps.

- Dan

Offline 5150

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 05:52:16 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of a waiver based on religous reaons? My friend Jim said on his Packet 4 it mentioned such a waiver. Her mom refused to immunize her kids. Due to that my wife has had chicken, & even hepatitis (6 years ago) so not sure what her logic was seeing they STILL get ill. Anyways, it WOULD save me a lot of trouble. On the positive I'm assuming she wouldn't need some since she's ALREADY had the disease(s).

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 05:57:12 AM »
[user=26]5150[/user] wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of a waiver based on religous reaons? My friend Jim said on his Packet 4 it mentioned such a waiver. Her mom refused to immunize her kids. Due to that my wife has had chicken, & even hepatitis (6 years ago) so not sure what her logic was seeing they STILL get ill. Anyways, it WOULD save me a lot of trouble. On the positive I'm assuming she wouldn't need some since she's ALREADY had the disease(s).

Packet 4 allows for a statement from a doctor stating there is no medical necessity for the vaccine - presumably, in the event the person has already had the disease. There is, however, no provision I know of for a religious waiver.

Frank, most people find it simpler just to go ahead and get the vaccinations. It is less trouble than trying to fight the bureaucracy.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 06:14:05 AM »
Blood tests will usually prove whether a person has built up natural immunity to a disease and does not need vaccination. No medical exam or vaccinations were needed for a visa when my wife came to Italy.  

Offline Bruno

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 06:56:08 AM »
BC :

- only need to have a medical insurance for the tourist visa to italy

- for a family visa ( who allow you wife to life with you : immigration ), a european medical certificat form stating the good health and no evidence of contagious illness and disease is needed

If have find one of the form used for Belgium ( same form can be used for other EU country ) at http://www.diplomatie.be/en/pdf/MEDICAL%20CERTIFICATE%20FOR%20VISA.pdf ... usual doctor can fill it, only need to certify it at the ambassy...

Offline wxman

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 05:55:24 AM »
My fiancee is from Ukraine and waiting for Embassy interview. K1 visa. Does she need to provide all this vaccination info at her medical exam before interview? Or can she get vaccinations here in US after she arrives?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline jb

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 06:42:10 AM »
Your fiancee will need her shot records up-to-date before the interview.  Anything missing at the time of the medical exam will be given at that time.  Usually these innoculation run about $10.00 each on top of the cost of the exam.

One thing to remember is that most Russians and Ukrainians are vaccinated against TD somewhere during childhood, as a result those *skin pops* we take as a TB test will always show up positive for TB, (there will be an ugly, red, reaction to this kind of skin test).  Your lady will probably have to be x-rayed to get a clean bill of health for TB.

Offline wxman

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 07:27:39 AM »
Thanks for the info. My fiancee has an 8 year old daughter. I assume she will need all the vaccinations such as mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, varicella and pneumoccocal, that is listed on US Immigration Service Center web site. Is this correct?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline jb

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 07:34:50 AM »
Yes, that's why the U.S. Embassy has *approved* clinics which they will only accept medical exams from.  Any other hospital records may be rejected if they don't meet the criterion.

Also know this, after you marry and file the AOS, there is a period after which the original entry visa medical expires.  If you piddle about and don't file the paperwork in a timely fashion, she may be required to undergo another physical before she will be given a conditional green card.

Just one more unnecessary expense, but it's in the rule book.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 07:53:01 AM »
JB - do you remember what the time frame is before needing to file for another physical exam?  Where should I even look for that information?  I am worried that it takes so long for the BCINS to adjust status in my area that my wife certainly will be required to get another physical exam.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline jb

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 08:25:50 AM »
Bruce,

I *think* the medical is good for 2 years, beyond that she will need a new one for the AOS interview.  I can't lay my hands on the handbook link at the moment, but something was said during my wife's AOS interview that sticks in my brain.

The rule book is fuzzy about when the petition for AOS should be filed, and I have seen guys procrastinate up to a year or more after the wedding and they then get some grief over that, although they aren't technically in violation of the law, the wife is merely in the "pending" status for that long period of time.  From what you said, you filed the AOS petition straight away after the wedding, you should be in good shape.

It was just one of those things you file away when you hear it, but in our case we did the K-3 and she was delayed 14 months awaiting the visa, (we got married right after 9-11-01 and things got crazy at INS), therefore her I-130 was already approved by the time we went to the AOS hearing.  We were OK on this, but a K-1 wife might be borderline if the USCIS doesn't get to interview in time.

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 06:47:27 PM »
WXMAN they will get all the shots that they need to get her K-1 at the physical but some require two or three "boosters" that she can get any time before her AOS interview which is probably two years down the road.

All the shot records, x-rays, physicals, etc will be given to her in a sealed envelope to take to her interview. They will tell her right at the exam if there are any problems so it would be good to get this done ASAP.

Offline wxman

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 06:19:21 PM »
I found this on the US embassy web about vaccinations.

"K1 and K2 visa applicants are not required to submit proof of vaccinations or to undergo any vaccinations until they adjust status with the USCIS. Therefore applicants may wish to consider carrying their vaccination records with them to the United States to facilitate this process."

The web page is

http://web.usembassy.kiev.ua/visa_K1K2_eng.html#pA

So it looks like i can wait until she arrives is the US before getting the vaccinations she does not already have.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1971
Total: 1981

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM