It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Do ladies dislike shorter men?  (Read 51720 times)

Offline Panasport

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Do ladies dislike shorter men?
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »
Perhaps you'll find this link to be of interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_discrimination
Panasport

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »
I don't think it is a matter of disliking short. It's more a matter of liking tall.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Vincenzo

« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
I think that many women have never tried to be with different types of men.

When I was a boy, I believed that tall blue-eyed blonds were like goddesses.
But after trying other types, I've completely changed my mind. Now I think that shorter brunettes are the best because they are affectionate, approachable, and easy to "handle" in bed.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
I'm sorry if I missed something... what I should read again?

ML was making a subtle joke about diapers 12-14 pounds. His joke was that
there is no way those diapers would hold 12-14 pounds of baby poop.

I have a joke, about how I was such a great husband!
[note Bill is talking about exwife] 

I was such a great husband that I bought my wife golf shoes !!! 
My friends said "Bill your wife doesn't even PLAY golf !" I know that
but I bought them for her so that she wouldn't slip in the ice when
she washed my car !

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Vasilisa

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:02 PM »
 I prefer the  men who ACT like men, it means it doesn't depend on their height and weight, but when I see  short and skinny men who keep complaining on  how many girls are into bad  big tall guys while  short ones are so good, blahblahbah it looks pathetic and is a big turn off. A real men doesn't care about the size of anyobody else.  ;D

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
A real men doesn't care about the size of anyobody else.  ;D

Words of wisdom. Vasilisa, you are on a roll.  :clapping:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
I prefer the  men who ACT like men, it means it doesn't depend on their height and weight, but when I see  short and skinny men who keep complaining on  how many girls are into bad  big tall guys while  short ones are so good, blahblahbah it looks pathetic and is a big turn off. A real men doesn't care about the size of anyobody else.  ;D

A real women do not care about looks or wealth!   And how about the face of Jason Voorhes who has no money?
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »
A real women do not care about looks or wealth!   And how about the face of Jason Voorhes who has no money?

hey  now...   be carefull ..

Offline SFandEE

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
Some do.  Some do, but if they like you will get over it.  Some don't care at all and just want a great guy who will be there for them through thick and thin.

Now--the real question relevant to FSU.

Is a "real man", short?
"I don't feel tardy"

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »
Some do.  Some do, but if they like you will get over it.  Some don't care at all and just want a great guy who will be there for them through thick and thin.

Now--the real question relevant to FSU.

Is a "real man", short?

Lots of ladies seem to like Tom Cruise.

Speaking of "real man".. that reminded me of something that happened long ago that I actually posted about here some time back...

okay, realizing I'm going way off topic with this...

I think something which is often overlooked is a more fundamental argument for a *woman’s* “shallowness”.  I have dealt with this one time and time again.  Most women like tall men.  It’s a simple fact.  You can hear them gleefully chatting about it with there friends when they meet someone new and begin to describe him “hehehehehe, well, he’s tallllllllll, etc etc etc.”

This is not a jab a tall guys, or really at the women who love them.  As far as I am concerned, it’s merely a preference.  But, go through profiles of women on any American dating site, most will always say “He must be tall…. Etc etc etc”, or say something like “over 5’10” (178cm), or something like that. Many even state “over 6’0” (183cm).

There was a chatroom on one of the sites of which I was a member for a while. I listened to guys talking about receiving a few or even many new letters each day.  I received about one new “flirt” or “email”, or positive response to my ‘flirts’ every two or three days, sometimes only 1 in a week.  Hmmmmmm, I had great photos, a great essay, everything about my “Ad” was absolutely top notch, with one single exception, I am 5’7.75  (172cm) so my profile listing showed 5’8 (172.72 cm) as that was the closest choice.  Obviously I am not a tall man. 

Just for the hell of it, I changed it one day to 6’1 (185cm) to see what would happen, and for the next week, I received at least 4 or 5,  new emails, “flirts” or positive responses to my “flirts” each day. Coincidence?  I don’t know. You tell me.

Of course not all women have this ‘requirement’ because I certainly did receive some replies, and I’ve had my share of relations over the years.  With my FSU relations, the first two ladies were both taller than me, the current one is not.  But, I do know it’s most definitely a factor for many women, and even my responses on Elena’s Models were far less than the normal number of responses for men.  I’m not complaining, because I certainly have nothing to complain about. I am simply stating the facts.

I also remember a conversation between a few waitresses at a bar where I worked as a bartender during my university years.  It was after hours and the girls we sitting at one of the tables near the kitchen (I was in the kitchen area and I could hear their conversation.  They actually began talking about me.  “He’s really cute.. etc etc… but he’s so short!! I could never marry a man unless he’s tall. I couldn’t take him seriously!. I want a real man.”  And the other girls all began making comments in agreement. I thought ‘what?’, I didn’t realize that I’m not a real man.

But, the truly funny part… a few minutes later, she began to talk about how *shallow* men are for wanting women with “big breasts”.  And again, they all agreed how shallow men are because of this!! (only one had “big” breasts, and she seemed quite proud of them)  I had to laugh at the irony.  I personally have a preference for smaller breasts. I really don’t want stretch marks around my lips and I think those big bouncy, floppy, bobbly, whoppy, whappy breasts just get in my way (though I agree, there *are* some good benefits).  Nevermind.

As for me personally, I don’t give a hairy rat’s rump what people want (though I admit, I don’t carry a bag of rat’s rumps around with me for those charitable moments), as long as they just go for it and don’t be pretentious about it.   

But, life is both comedy and tragedy, eh??  It *is* a splendid thing.

Dave

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
hey  now...   be carefull ..

8)
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline Vasilisa

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2012, 01:43:31 PM »
So how about you keep on writing to real men and women  then and leave us alone? :D

Offline alyosha

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »
Yes.  I think it is primative instinct.
I think in the US East Asian men have a disadvantage competing for women because both blacks and whites are taller.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1960
Total: 1969

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM