It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting Out  (Read 18291 times)

Offline Albert

Starting Out
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2005, 09:10:37 AM »
Photo Guy says:  PS. If you do connect with a woman for primarily economic
reasons, you'll be mucho sorry, like the 'rich' guy in America, who wonders if his wife married him for his nice big house and shiny Jaguar, rather than love.

- - - -  -

You and any other guy here who doesn't realize that economics is the ONLY reason you will ever be meeting these gals from FSU is dreaming.

How many 8-10 gals from Germany, Sweden, Norway do you see listed on MOB sites.  If they were listed, do you think you would have a shot at them.

No, it is the economy stupid.  When and if FSU rises to economic level of the west, the MOB business will shrivel to nothing.

Doesn't at all mean that we can't find gals in FSU who will eventually love us and not continue to think of us in just economic terms.  But economics is the BEGINNING point in this entire situation.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Starting Out
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2005, 09:26:32 AM »
But economics is the BEGINNING point in this entire situation.
 Not at all and not for all

Offline Bruce

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Starting Out
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2005, 09:36:53 AM »
Bruno - I like the link you provided.  I was not attempting to inflame.  I just feel it is best to educate some individuals who are / were not aware of the fallout pattern from the Chernobyl disaster and ecological and biological harm that did occur and continues to occur because of man's mistakes.
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Bruno

Starting Out
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2005, 10:08:10 AM »

[line]
You and any other guy here who doesn't realize that economics is the ONLY reason you will ever be meeting these gals from FSU is dreaming.
[line]

ONLY economics reason... maybe i earn more money that Galina... but with the money she earn, she have a better life in Ukraine that me in Belgium with the money i earn.

[line]
How many 8-10 gals from Germany, Sweden, Norway do you see listed on MOB sites.  If they were listed, do you think you would have a shot at them.
[line]

If you search, you find... but if you look only at russian woman how can you see the other

Visit a little FriendFinder... almost all woman are from Wester countries, a few from russia... Try Yahoo personals too... if you don't wish RW, i can send you several URL for woman of other country...

Offline Bruno

Starting Out
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2005, 10:16:08 AM »

[line]
I just feel it is best to educate some individuals who are / were not aware of the fallout pattern from the Chernobyl disaster and ecological and biological harm that did occur and continues to occur because of man's mistakes.
[line]

Of course, no problem with this... and me, i educate the woman who wish marry a American man about the fallout patter in US from Nuclear test... and if you wish, i can make some search for Europa... i have see one time a world map where it show that Europa is the place where you have the more chance of a nuclear incident because of our concentration of nuclear plant...

On a other side, i can show map where we see the country with the more high level of polution... US and Europa are in the first place...

The woman who have suffer from tchernobil don't search a foreign man, they are enough busy for try stay living... a man is the last of their problem...

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Starting Out
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2005, 12:32:56 PM »
Bud,
Thanks for the good post. I think eventually I'll meet you and
your wife here in Phoenix. Networking is a positive thing,
and will help the adjustment of my future wife (and me).
When I stopped by your office in November, I was impressed
by your office staff. John (Adams) showed me around and was friendly and down to earth. I ended up buying '2 Brothers and
A Bride', which features AFA tour in St. Petersburg. Great movie.
Good to see your contribution here.  -doug L.  

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
Starting Out
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 12:35:58 AM »
Of course it is about the economics! Economics is not just money, stability and security are a part of it, but then, not many women go to marry a guy who offers a lesser standard of living with less stability than she already has. And who would want to marry such a loon anyway

Of course there are people who meet their partner in the FSU through reasons of business, study holiday etc, but I think there are only two posters here who fall into that category.

It is true that there are dating sites with Germans, Britons French and American women (and men), the difference is that by and large they do not seek to export themselves, they are seeking sexual encounters and relationships, usually, within a relatively small area around their homes. It is the poor of the world who sell themselves to (relatively) rich guys from other countries. Phillipinas, Vietnamese, Thais, Ethiopians, Russians, Ukrainians, Dominicanas all spring to mind.

As living standards and stability have improved the number of Czechs, Estonians, Lats etc offering themselves to Americans has declined to such a point that there are now almost no marriage agencies devoted to these women, the market being covered by multinational sites.

Offline Bud With AFA

• Commercial Member
Starting Out
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2005, 01:05:02 AM »
Also, please describe YOUR understanding of the definition of a "black Russian" and a "white Russian

Black Russian is the reason I lost my virginity...White Russian is the reason I am here! :D

Offline Bud With AFA

• Commercial Member
Starting Out
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2005, 01:09:52 AM »
Bud,
Thanks for the good post. I think eventually I'll meet you and
your wife here in Phoenix. Networking is a positive thing,
and will help the adjustment of my future wife (and me).
When I stopped by your office in November, I was impressed
by your office staff. John (Adams) showed me around and was friendly and down to earth. I ended up buying '2 Brothers and
A Bride', which features AFA tour in St. Petersburg. Great movie.
Good to see your contribution here. -doug L.

Right On Doug!  Somehow I am able to be more objective and calm here than in other posts - please let me know if I can offer you anything!

Bud

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: > 10
Starting Out
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2005, 04:47:53 AM »
Hello Bud from AFA,  I just wanted to say thank you.  I am enganged thanks to you.  I will say a little more later but you run a very nice service. 

Offline Bud With AFA

• Commercial Member
Starting Out
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2005, 10:44:28 PM »
Turboguy...

There times I feel like Gopher on the LoveBoat...shucks!

I am sure you are engaged because of YOU! And we were merely the vehicle.

Thanks, and if I can offer you anything please let me know!

Bud

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541400
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512