It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: meeting in 3rd country.  (Read 9687 times)

Offline theguide

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
meeting in 3rd country.
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »
Hello,
  My last trip was a bust, trying to get to Mariupol. I have been discussing going to a different country to meet with my lady friend.  In the e book it said it is easy for us to meet in Dominican Republic,  Egypt,  Turkey, and Thailand.  Are there any other realistic options?
 Turkey seems to be a good option for money reasons.  Has anyone gone to turkey to meet a woman?  I have heard that it is not a good place for Americans. 

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: meeting in 3rd country.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »
Turkey seems to be a good option for money reasons.  Has anyone gone to turkey to meet a woman?  I have heard that it is not a good place for Americans.

You should be just fine in Turkey. 

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »
The real question is that have you met her yet, or how long have you known her?
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline theguide

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:30:54 PM »
I have met her in her home town. I have known her for 3 months.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
I used to live in Sevastopol and flew to Istanbul and Marmaris several times.  No real dangers there, though bus travel is a little weird in Turkey.  The main advantage for you is your Ukr or soon Russian?? girl friend can get her Visa for Turkey right as you exit the plane for $20.

Istanbul is a great destination, even 5 star hotels are pretty cheap, just watch out for the carpet salesman!!!  Take a little extra $$$ and take your girl shopping for clothes in the big Istanbul mall, she'll love it!!

good luck!!!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 08:41:24 PM »

Lot's of FSU people vacation in Turkey. Turks are upset with America for getting cozy with the Kurdish in Iraq but other than that you should be fine. We're allies and still on friendly terms.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 11:49:04 PM »
Hope you have better luck this time. Istanbul is my suggestion. Easy for her  and if nearest airport is not available-- DNE has direct flights from as little as $107-- so  cost effective also. Flights from US can be well priced also-- so all in all-- a good choice to my way of thinking.
Istanbul is a very large buzzing international city with lots of tourists and no great issues for Americans at this time-- only the usual caveats apply !!
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 07:37:47 AM »
Turkish Airlines has direct flights from Chicago to Istanbul. The airport in Istanbul is large and modern with a lot of flights available. There are a lot of interesting historic sites there. The weather will be hot already.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 10:41:31 AM »
There are a number of Russian oriented all inclusive resorts on beaches on Mediterranean Sea in Turkey. South from Antalya and past Alanya. Many reasonable deals from Russia if your girl checks local travel agencies.
We took side trips from there and went to Ephesus and other interesting places.

Offline theguide

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
Thanks for the imput, I will ask her to look out for the Russian resorts.  The Dominican Republic may be on the table too, how is it for Russians?

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »
Thanks for the imput, I will ask her to look out for the Russian resorts.  The Dominican Republic may be on the table too, how is it for Russians?

Lots and lots of Russians love vacationing there.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »
DR has a lot of Russian tourism..

Seen a lot of Russians in Mexico lately as well..
;)

Offline alex330

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »
My wife and I met in Turkey three times while dating. It was the most convenient and economical location with good flights. DR we did once, it was a bit more costly as wife had to fly direct from Paris versus stopping over in Miami due to VISA. Both places are worth a visit, but I would not do DR again. Too many other places in the Caribbean I would opt for. Turkey I would certainly visit a fourth time.

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 09:48:02 AM »

Is your girl Russian? Because visa requirements are different for the citizens of Russia vs. the citizens of Ukraine.

Money wise, I think Turkey is the easiest/cheapest option for her.
But if the flights are expensive for you - you can check the total price for the two of you for both Turkey and DR, and compare which one is more affordable.

I love Istanbul, but I think the protests in Turkey are still ongoing, on and off ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_protests_in_Turkey).
Egypt was a popular destination before, but now also not a good time to travel - with protests, elections and so on. 

You can also check Chernogoriya and Croatia (Serbia too, but they don't have famous sea resorts): in Europe, reasonably priced, good sea resorts and beautiful nature, for Ukrainian tourists who travel by air visas are not needed.

Then there are also options of Jamaica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Salvador, Barbados, Antigua - Ukrainians don't need visas to travel here.

In South America: Argentina, Peru, and Brazil do not require visas from Ukrainians.

Mexico is another option - you can take her to Cancun  ;D

Then there is also Israel.

Or you can visit Georgia - friendly and beautiful country.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:05:11 AM by mies »

Offline alex330

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »
Then there are also options of Jamaica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Salvador, Barbados, Antigua - Ukrainians don't need visas to travel here.

In South America: Argentina, Peru, and Brazil do not require visas from Ukrainians.

Mexico is another option - you can take her to Cancun  ;D

The issue for us with all these destinations was passage through Miami requiring a VISA.  Maybe easier if the woman is from Russia?

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »
Of course it's never easy  :(

a slight PITA: http://www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/other/transit.html

Waiting at MIA is not made more fun needing permission to do so. Kinda like Moscow, USA guys need a visa just to transit there too, AFAIK (last I checked).
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline Gator

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 05:07:13 AM »
theguide,

FSU travelers typically book all-inclusive holidays to include charter flights. 

Turkey is so popular that she could find direct charter flights from provincial cities in Ukraine and Russia. 

Your woman will not need to fly through Miami for DR and perhaps even Mexico.  A few years ago, flying to DR would require going to Moscow or even Germany to catch a direct charter.  Today maybe the choices are better.   

Your woman should visit her local FSU travel agent.  She would book an all-inclusive package for herself and add you for land only.  Thus, you must send her the money to book the trip.   You need only to get flights for yourself.

The quality varies.  The least expensive packages to Turkey will be a second rate hotel (even though the agency will claim 5 star) with insipid food.   

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 05:25:26 AM »
Should you decide on someplace in the Caribbean keep in mind that if you try to book her flight using one of the American Travel sites, (Expedia, Priceline ect.) they will almost always book a flight through the USA to the Caribbean.  That totally will not work.  She can not transit through the USA to get there.  9/11 closed that option.  There are direct flights from many places such as Frankfurt that will work fine.  Other options in the Caribbean would be Grenada or Barbados.  My wife and I spent a summer on those two islands while waiting for her K-1 visa.  I haven't been to Turkey but I think it would be quick, cheap and easy for her and you will be safe.  My wife and I visited Egypt and Thailand during our getting to know each other time.  I would be a little more skeptical of Egypt now. 

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »

The quality varies.  The least expensive packages to Turkey will be a second rate hotel (even though the agency will claim 5 star) with insipid food.
[/quote]

True. Ours was supposed to have been a recent 4 star but had certainly slipped. 2/3 star for me but 5 star for my wife  ;)

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
...My wife and I visited Egypt and Thailand during our getting to know each other time.  I would be a little more skeptical of Egypt now.

I would also be a bit sceptical of Thailand (Bangkok, at least) now that it's under martial law.  :o

Offline Jumper

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »
The issue for us with all these destinations was passage through Miami requiring a VISA.  Maybe easier if the woman is from Russia?

That can be a hiccup, but there are flights that book thru Cuba or Mexico
to most other caribie locations and are not an issue for Ukranians ior Russians..

My now wife, flew thru Cuba to DR.
(or a euro hub to  Mexico, etc as example)
We had several caribie vacations when she lived in and was
a citizen of Ukraine.

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 07:56:09 PM »

I see. I didn't know that. Well then, in that case I recommend Croatia and Chernogoria, or Georgia. In Georgia as a bonus you can also make trips to local wineries. :-)

Resorts there are (IMHO) more interesting than Turkish or Egyptian, prices are comparable, sea is beautiful, people are either Slavic or speak Russian - she might feel more comfortable that way. 

And I think such trip will be (total cost) cheaper than traveling somewhere in Caribbean.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:02:44 PM by mies »

Offline Dave13

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »
One great place is Phuket Thailand, great beaches, lots of fun!  8)

Best of Luck

Dave

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »
One great place is Phuket Thailand, great beaches, lots of fun!  8)

Best of Luck

Dave

Maybe, but see my post above  :(

I would also be a bit sceptical of Thailand (Bangkok, at least) now that it's under martial law.  :o

Offline na2

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
The guide - I was stationed in Incirlik ,Turkey in the late 90's and you can take my word that it is safe for Americans. Furthermore many Russians and ex-FSU folks spend their holidays there especially in the winter. You will find them in great numbers in Antalya, Alanya and Cesme. In fact there were too many Natashas & Tanyas (mostly from Ukraine) working as "belly dancers" that Turkish wives held large public protests. They were angry that their husbands were spending too much time & TL (Turkish lira) in the night clubs. For the past year I've been working in a small medical facility in Guam. I was surprised to see lots of Russian tourists from eastern Siberia and the Russian maritime provinces. Guam has a visa waiver program for Russian passport holders. They can spend up to 90 days here or in the CNMI (Saipan & Tinian) but they can't go to the US mainland. They have to show a return ticket to Russia. Guam as a US trust territory gives many Russians a window to America without having to get a visa. But mainly they come here for the sea and sun. You can see lots of pale skin (gals in Tbacks and thongs and beer-bellied guys in more skimpier Speedos) on display at public & private resort beaches. They also crowd the many shops and malls and a special favorite for them is KMart. So keep Guam in mind for your treff with your devhuska.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 06:47:44 PM »
...Guam has a visa waiver program for Russian passport holders. They can spend up to 90 days here or in the CNMI (Saipan & Tinian) but they can't go to the US mainland. They have to show a return ticket to Russia...So keep Guam in mind for your treff with your devhuska.

Very interesting, but USCIS website shows a 45 day limit, and 15 days for various other countries (including New Zealand, Australia and the UK).  There are different programmes, though, with different rules.

Offline I/O

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 09:19:43 PM »
International marital risks are by far the greater concern.....

Offline ML

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 05:24:26 PM »
International marital risks are by far the greater concern.....
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541320
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701