It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2nd Trip planning  (Read 35317 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2nd Trip planning
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 01:36:05 AM »
Dude, why don't you ask any questions and maybe someone here has the answers???

Ditto !!   :)

There is a lot of basic info available here. A lot of guys read and rarely post -- so it does not need to be WW3 on every query raised !  I stay a little reserved on what info I offer-- sometimes it can feel like you are interfering!!

Re the bus/train etc-- I bought air ticket Kiev/Odessa  for half the price of a bus ticket! Funnily enough -I had to collect rental car at ODS airport and met the proprietor there early --he had just come back from Kiev on the overnight bus ( he had to return a car to Kiev) and when we compared notes I had paid less to fly!

While I think of it -- to op-- if you are using  suggested Odessa accommodation -- she will arrange taxi to collect you at pre agreed price -- from wherever you arrive  and at whatever time .

In your current situation --it would be easiest to help if we know your travel plan--eg where you arrive and then where etc.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:37:46 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Noch1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 05:10:52 AM »
I used to take the slow over night train.
Buy the whole 2 bunk cabin, take a little food.
Eat, have a good sleep, wake up in new city.
Travel why I sleep. lose no day time hours in process.
That said, I have hired cars, fly on planes in country.
Personally I liked the overnight trains, any day time travel
I would want it to be as fast as possible.
You have 1-2 weeks, losing time doesn't help.
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:13 AM »
I am hesitant to use it because it reaches Odessa at 1130 PM. That late....is the last thing I need. I will have to find a taxi at that hour to go to the hotel/apartment.

I agree, I took the overnight bus from Odessa to Nikolaev which was interesting but not really a good call. Some decent people also travelling at that time but dodgy time to travel at night. It was about midnight or so before the mini bus set off, short break at half way. Then an odd bod taxi guy at the other end to hotel which was way out, fortunately all worked out fine in the end but wouldn't care to do overnight travel again though just to much bother.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 10:12:17 AM »
I agree, I took the overnight bus from Odessa to Nikolaev which was interesting but not really a good call. Some decent people also travelling at that time but dodgy time to travel at night. It was about midnight or so before the mini bus set off, short break at half way. Then an odd bod taxi guy at the other end to hotel which was way out, fortunately all worked out fine in the end but wouldn't care to do overnight travel again though just to much bother.

This is why you pre-arrange pick-up to and from your apartment/ hotel. Almost all rental sites will offer pick and drop off for a fair price. I have traveled many times to Odessa by either train or plane and have always arranged pickup. Even late at night. This is not rocket science.....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline JayH

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 02:01:42 PM »

Overnight ?   It is a  130  kms on a good road between Odessa & Nikolaev!! 2 hours would be a long trip!
Hotel -   "way out" ?  Do you mean the hotel in Nikolaev   approx 2.5kms from the centre?  :)

translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 03:22:37 PM »
I will stay in the apartment suggested by Jay and will have them pick me up regardless of how I get to Odessa, train or the puddle jumpers.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
...If you used ( I wouldn't) nice bus kiwi spoke of, it stops right next to train station in Odesa, I'm not sure if this company still in business, it is called Autolux.

It most definitely is!  They run coaches to lots of places - Germany, Czech Republic, Latvia and Estonia just to name some, as well as all around Ukraine.

There are four services daily from Kyiv to Odesa - the noon service is scheduled for six hours, but is likely a bit quicker.  Price is 315 UAH - a whopping $11.70 US!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 05:13:47 PM by Anotherkiwi »

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 05:46:34 PM »
Overnight ?   It is a  130  kms on a good road between Odessa & Nikolaev!! 2 hours would be a long trip!

Two hours on a bus would be fairly quick - from memory, my trip took about two and a half, including a stop.  However, there are about 20 buses a day, so why on earth get one that leaves Odesa at midnight?  That's crazy!  :cluebat:

Offline wallm

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »
Going off on a tangent......

Here is a snippet from my Viber conversation with a lady who I am (or was) planning to visit...

Me: So, what are your plans next week?
She: Why do you ask?
Me: I am making conversation.
She: I told you before I go to training.
Me: I know. Besides that what else do you plan to do.
She: Why do you ask about things I already told you?
Me: oh boy!   
She: what does that mean?
Me: it is slang.
She: oh

Do FSUW in general have no patience for chit chat? Do they hate to repeat something? WTF? Am I supposed to remember everything they ever told me?

She is hot but...

Offline Bounder

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 04:36:27 PM »

Here is a snippet from my Viber conversation with a lady who I am (or was) planning to visit...

Do FSUW in general have no patience for chit chat? Do they hate to repeat something? WTF? Am I supposed to remember everything they ever told me?

She is hot but...

Every girl is different. If I were you, I'd cut bait with this one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 04:56:38 PM »

She is hot but...

Run with it !
Little patience  -- yes--it can seem like that. remember--yes -you are expected to !

The way language is used by native English speaker is different to someone that has simply learnt it. Cultural difference  and translation add to potential confusion.
I always ask 'explain: meaning explain more to try and get it clearer .

My advice--keep notes and use them ! The biggest mistake of multiple chatting is to get something wrong or confused !  And yes--you will be expected to remember everything you are told !

Also -- at this distant stage  --she could still be pretty cool to you in real terms -- once meeting and getting past this stage the tolerance issue changes! ( providing she likes you!!)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 05:04:43 PM by JayH »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »

She is hot but...

You're telling her she's not interesting.  And you think she's the problem???
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline wallm

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »

You're telling her she's not interesting.  And you think she's the problem???
How am I doing that?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 07:43:58 PM »

wallm, she probably thought you forgot. Instead of asking "what are your plans next week?, ask her "Are you doing anything else besides training next week?" which will get your question across and at the same time, let her know you remember what is going on in her life. These girls have a sneaky suspicion us men are writing multiple women and we can't remember everything all the girls say.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:00:13 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2017, 08:10:22 PM »
Hotel -   "way out" ?  Do you mean the hotel in Nikolaev   approx 2.5kms from the centre?  :)

Yep sounds like we're talking about the same one (Reitz River or something like that) Long way to walk in town but managed it. Incidentally the bus stop way out of town centre but in another direction. The 2hr is just a rough guide, there was a stop on the way to take a breather from the rough ride. We also had to stop because some guy had to get out momentarily because of this to throw up.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline wallm

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »
I am leaving on 12th and still haven't booked flights. LOT is cheap still at $552 for RT from JFK to KBP. They don't seem to need flights booked 14 days at least in advance. Loved the 787 they fly but my god the legroom in economy was horrible when I flew with them in November.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »

She is hot but...

Reminds me of a girl I was messaging on Whats App last year from SPB. Girl kept finding questions I ask strange, like 'what are people wearing?' As the weather was cold, out of interest. She was like ' how odd/strange that you ask me such a thing' That continued for a while, occasionally I would seemingly have a breakthrough in explaining where I wad coming from but off she would just not get it at all like she just beamed down from another planet or something. Only when asking about her job then subsequently about her work was she at all normal. Now I hear FSU cam be direct so may not be that open to much other than matter of fact discussion & said and done type of dialogue but to me there is too much impasse then it's a no go. This girl in the end well there was nowhere I could feasible continue as progress was just blockaded by her constant non challent responses. She was abut 10-12 years younger than I so perhaps she was just messing about IDK.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »

Wallm-

The only reason you found this mystifying is because...

She is hot but...

FWIW, I never allowed myself to get in that zone. Never. You will only be second-guessing yourself in the company of women you find 'hot'. Think about it for a minute. Try and reverse that scenario and it was the woman incessantly asking you the question you kept asking her.

::::thinking::::::
Y
A bit annoying, isn't it?

Just relax. Let things flow. It's better that way. If the 'hotness' (attraction) is mutual, there never will be awkward  moments.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:19:58 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2017, 08:19:56 AM »
How am I doing that?

You can't remember what she told you in the past.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »
I am leaving on 12th and still haven't booked flights. LOT is cheap still at $552 for RT from JFK to KBP. They don't seem to need flights booked 14 days at least in advance. Loved the 787 they fly but my god the legroom in economy was horrible when I flew with them in November.

I just flew them at New Years (787). I paid $50 each way extra for an assigned seat (aisle). I am 6' 3" and was comfortable. Maybe further back in economy is worse. By the way, I was not in "Premium Economy" 3 rows back from the bulkhead in economy. Unless you are TooTallBill's size pay the $100 extra RT for the front of the cabin.

Good Luck,
HDL

Offline wallm

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2017, 11:08:43 AM »
I just flew them at New Years (787). I paid $50 each way extra for an assigned seat (aisle). I am 6' 3" and was comfortable. Maybe further back in economy is worse. By the way, I was not in "Premium Economy" 3 rows back from the bulkhead in economy. Unless you are TooTallBill's size pay the $100 extra RT for the front of the cabin.
Good Luck,
HDL

Wish I am 2tallBill in any respect.

I prefer to sit on the wings. I am a nervous flier. Been doing that ever since a harrowing near crash experience over the Arabian sea in 1989. I could have been fish food!  ;D
It is more stable ride there than anywhere else.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:22:32 AM by wallm »

Offline Bounder

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
I prefer to sit on the wings. I am a nervous flier. Been doing that ever since a harrowing near crash experience over the Arabian sea in 1989. I could have been fish food!  ;D

The rear of the plane is stastically the safest place to be.

Offline ML

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »
Quote from: wallm on Today at 01:08:43 PM

I prefer to sit on the wings. I am a nervous flier.

The rear of the plane is stastically the safest place to be.

So choice is:

1) Do you want to have a smoother ride while risking higher chance of death.

2) Do you want to be in safest place; yet be scared sheeetless during a bumpy ride.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »

I prefer to sit on the wings.

I find sitting on the wings to be a little drafty and cold, but knock yourself out and don't forget your oxygen tank!  >:(

HDL

Offline Bounder

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 01:43:00 PM »
Quote from: wallm on Today at 01:08:43 PM

I prefer to sit on the wings. I am a nervous flier.

So choice is:

1) Do you want to have a smoother ride while risking higher chance of death.

2) Do you want to be in safest place; yet be scared sheeetless during a bumpy ride.

Although your risk of death is probably higher on the taxi ride to the airport than while sitting near the wings in the plane. ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2227
Total: 2238

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM