It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Blowing the RWD Horn a Bit  (Read 31905 times)

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
Blowing the RWD Horn a Bit
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »
Hello Marty,

Welcome to RWD ! 

If you are going to continue your long vendetta against Jack here then I think Dan must banish you. 

However If you let this matter drop then I for one would welcome you here.  You have travelled extensively in FSU and could contribute a knowledgeable perspective here.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 03:22:00 PM by Leslie »

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »
In any case it seems the air needs to be cleared.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2006, 03:45:43 PM »
Quote from: CG
There was absolutely nothing disrespectful in the post you deleted. It was nothing but a collection of posts from other boards. The JackAttack is questioning my credibility and has been attacking me since the day you started this board -- as recently as today, so I simply provided documented proof of how the "RW board wars" originally began.

Why do find that so threatening? Or are there different rules for different people?

CG,

I interpreted your post as a distinct and unequivocal intent to create disruption. You were not responding to anyone maligning you. Your post, appeared to me anyway, as a direct assault on one of the RWD members with no redeeming value to anyone.

To that extent, it was out-of-bounds, and that is why I deleted it.

Look - you may, or may not, believe my sincerity when I tell you that I would like for you to be comfortable here. While there were some of your posts elsewhere that I did not much appreciate, I also feel that many of the ideals which you espoused are in evidence here. If true, then there is common ground, and we should try to leverage that. At least, IMO.

I have no interest in fostering board wars. I made two small posts on RWG today because I was being personally maligned, and the citations were both untrue and could be proved to be untrue. I have no intent of returning to RWG. In the past, when there were things being said/written that I knew to be untrue, I opted to handle them directly rather than air dirty laundry on the open internet.

It is true that this 'style' is a radical departure from my earlier postings at P-L where I was sometimes quick-tempered and often very undiplomatic. I truly do regret the negative impacts and impressions left from those earlier posts - and I am committed to not repeat the mistakes.

Largely because of that experience, I am loathe to open RWD to the sort of pissing match that I know would ensue between you and Jack and your respective supporters and antagonists. I do not see it as being healthy for either one of you, or for the board.

You are, of course, free to conduct those exchanges between yourselves (PM, email) - with my blessing (for whatever THAT may be worth:)).

I *do* believe there is room for both you and Jack here at RWD - though I also recognize that you each may need to restrain yourselves from time to time.

So how about it? Care to give it a try?

I hope you do.

- Dan

Offline Bruce

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2006, 03:46:07 PM »
Cameraguy (CG), welcome aboard.  I think we all can agree to let by-gones be by-gones.   There is no need for you, Jack or anybody else to continue to hold on to an old bone.  Newbies could not care about the past.  They want information that helps them today. 

This is a board dedicated to helping guys meet, marry and navigate all the trials, tribulations and permutations that may exist in "the process."  Everyone who has visited the discussion boards has an opinion about old arguments, problems etc.

Dredging up the past helps nobody.   Let each post stand on its own merit, remember we are all human and do sometimes make mistakes, and try our best. 

In any event, best of luck, I sincerely hope you post here, sincerely apologize for anything that I may have posted to or about you in the heat of the moment in years past - because you have a tremendous amount of knowledge, experience and all around insightful information which only adds tremendously to boards like this. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline Lysander

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2006, 04:47:10 PM »
Dan, I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. But Jack made a  number of posts on the RWG Changes thread refering to an individual as  "Cameragurl." (made at 07:51, several hours prior to CG's post) Perhaps  there is a RWD member  by this moniker and that he meant no insult  to Cameraguy or CG. If so, please disregard my post.

If however, it was an insult, perhaps it may be worth your while to  address it in the interests of burying the hatchet, as it were.

I know little and care less about prior disputes between one agency or  another. My goal is simply to "socialize" with other individuals with a  common interest in marriage and the FSU. But in the interests of  fairness, as well as civility, it would be better to restrict both  parties to a conflict rather than just one.

Thanx and best regards to all,

Lysander
"Like all men he had his vices. But they hated him most for his virtues."

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2006, 04:54:33 PM »
Quote from: Lysander
Dan, I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. But Jack made a  number of posts on the RWG Changes thread refering to an individual as  "Cameragurl." (made at 07:51, several hours prior to CG's post) Perhaps  there is a RWD member by this moniker and that he meant no insult  to Cameraguy or CG. If so, please disregard my post.

If however, it was an insult, perhaps it may be worth your while to  address it in the interests of burying the hatchet, as it were.

I know little and care less about prior disputes between one agency or  another. My goal is simply to "socialize" with other individuals with a  common interest in marriage and the FSU. But in the interests of  fairness, as well as civility, it would be better to restrict both  parties to a conflict rather than just one.

Thanx and best regards to all,

Lysander

Lysander,

No, I was unaware of that. Thanks (I guess) for letting me know.

I will do my best to try to "address" it. Now, if I only knew how :huh:

- Dan

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »
Since the time I opened this topic, there have been significant changes in the internet community serving the RW discussion interests.

As a consequence, I feel the need to close this topic at this time.

- Dan

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2006, 08:55:26 PM »
I opened the topic again - principally to point out that this board has been, and shall remain, primarily self-moderating.

To that end, I encourage anyone who wishes to engage in further debate on this topic, to head on down to the NHB section and have at it.

- Dan

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2006, 09:24:18 PM »
Quote from: CG
What's the matter, Dan? It's OK for you to visit RWG to defend yourself in an ancient battle that's nothing more than a pissing match, but it's not OK for me to defend myself here? What do you have to fear from my posting proof of Bragg's multiple handles? Is this what you call impartial?

How about if I post it in "No Holds Barred"? I understand that section isn't moderated -- or is it only moderated for certain people?

~CG
Hey CG,

Welcome.  Better late than never.  You will find that this forum is full of posters that are neither shy nor short on opinions.  I really do think it is your type of crowd because you're no shrinking violet either.  I think that you will also find that Dan is more than fair here and there is little or no formal moderation of the threads.  If anything, it is more like Dan said, "self moderating."  For what it is worth, you will find up thread that I have already called out Jack for his double identities and criticized Dan for having the current moderator here be anonymous.  I stated my opinion on both and what did I get in return?  Jack took it like a man and kept his mouth shut.  Dan spiritedly debated his opinion.  But in either case none of my posts were edited, deleted or was I asked to shut my ideas down.  Isn't that what a forum is meant to be? A free exchange of thoughts and ideas?

We have some strong personalities here.  Because of that, there will be an occasional bomb thrown your way.  That goes with the territory of being lightly moderated.  So be it.  There are also an unusually large percentage of manly men here too.  We can take it, as well as dish it out.  Again, your kind of crowd, if I read you right.

Now if you and Jack want to have your little beetch fest down in the No Hold Barred section, go to it.  Others may join in or choose to ignore it completely, we will see.  But the two of you need to get it out of your system and move on.  You both have a tremendous amount of intelligent input for this forum and I for one am looking forward to seeing some of it.

KenC
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:27:00 PM by KenC »
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bruno

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2006, 12:59:39 AM »
[user=2]post[/user] deleted by myself 

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 04:15:00 AM by Bruno »

Offline jb

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2006, 06:44:58 AM »
Sometimes old enemies make the best of friends.  Welcome CG.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701