It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Struggle For Ukraine  (Read 298406 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1125 on: March 11, 2022, 05:34:52 PM »
If there is no US involvement in any biolab stuff then how does the State Department know about it?
US undersecretary of state acknowledges there are biological warfare labs in Ukrainehttp://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/03/10/nula-m10.html
Where is Tony Fauci? Grab him by the ear and make him talk. I would :-\

Words matter ....

The presence of biological research labs is NOT the same as "biological warfare labs." Several days ago Russian military reported the discovery of labs containing 30 biological compounds in Ukraine. They also claim some of those compounds might have been useful in development of biological weapons, but no evidence of that use has been presented. They (Russia) also claim the labs were secretly-funded by the US, a claim  easily disproved by a cursory review of the US Embassy's website.

Link to a fact check by BBC News .... http://www.bbc.com/news/60711705

Online JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1126 on: March 11, 2022, 09:40:18 PM »
"In fact, now there are two people left who absolutely directly advocate the continuation of the war on the territory of Ukraine - Russian President Vladimir Putin and Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu."

http://war.segodnya.ua/war/vtorzhenie/voynu-protiv-ukrainy-hotyat-prodolzhat-tolko-dvoe-glava-voennoy-razvedki-1608333.html

Offline Jumper1

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1127 on: March 11, 2022, 10:52:19 PM »
No sane country puts bio warfare labs on.the border of the enemy in a shared culture,people, language.  Its silly to do so for a weapon that needs no development in proximity to its  target, and increased chance of it being discovered.
I still don't buy this for a second.
Research labs,sure.
Funding for security and research from.usa and china and who knows who else sure ,its normal.
Covid pushed billions into that industry.

Meanwhile the hot water lines where hit and no Nikolaev has no heat

My MIL and SIL are.still.there,temps in.the 20Fs
:(

« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 07:27:29 AM by Jumper1 »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1128 on: March 11, 2022, 11:41:03 PM »
No sane country puts bio warfare labs on.the border of the enemy in a shared culture,people, language.  Its silly to do so for a weapon that needs no deve6in proximity to its  target, and increased chance of it being discovered.
I still don't buy this for a second.
Research labs,sure.
Funding for security and research from.usa and china and who knows who else sure ,its normal.
Covid pushed billions into that industry.

Meanwhile the hot water lines where hit and no Nikolaev has no heat

My MIL and SIL are.still.there,temps in.the 20Fs
 :(

Russia's claim of bio warfare labs in combination with confirmed reports of bio/chem warfare suits being brought into the country by Russian troops looks more and more like Putin's plan is to create another false pretext for expansion of the campaign to include chemical weapons. Whether that constitutes a 'red line' for Western powers remains to be seen.

Really sorry about your wife's family. I have friends in/near Kyiv and a few elsewhere. Those in Kyiv are still able to send periodic messages when their power is not interrupted. The ones elsewhere are really spotty and some have not responded in days.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1129 on: March 11, 2022, 11:54:12 PM »
The propaganda machine is in full swing.  I think it has been a great idea for the US to divulge what might otherwise be deemed classified information in a preemptive manner.

Still, many can't seem to get past the headlines or lack the skill set to research further.  It's really not that difficult.  Internet research should be a required subject beginning in elementary school.

Offline BC

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1130 on: March 12, 2022, 12:41:39 AM »
If there is no US involvement in any biolab stuff then how does the State Department know about it?

Super easy to answer, straight from the people who renovated the BSL-3 lab.  AFAIK there are no BSL-4 labs in UA.

http://www.bv.com/projects/state-art-diagnostics-laboratory-helps-make-world-safer

The BSL-3 laboratory was specifically designed and constructed to support work with especially dangerous pathogens that can be naturally occurring or introduced through a bioterrorism attack. It serves as a central location for research, consolidation and training on the proper handling of dangerous pathogens. The lab also provides the Ukrainian Ministry of Health a safe environment to confirm diagnosis of suspected dangerous pathogens, enhancing public health while deterring bioterrorism.

Definitions of BSL levels here:  http://www.labmanager.com/lab-health-and-safety/biosafety-levels-1-2-3-4-19123
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 12:43:46 AM by BC »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1131 on: March 12, 2022, 05:00:36 AM »
Reports from Ukrainian captured cities over the fpadt few days seems to be showing them to be allowed to keep the Ukrainian Flag on Government/Mayor's buildings. This to me suggests that the Russians are not wanting to be seen as occupiers by hoisting the Russian Flag. It also makes me think that post Russian victory they will set Ukraine up as a semi-autonomous state with a Pro-Russian government using their current Ukrainian Flag. In that way Russia won't create a symbol of resistance which to rally around, the Ukrainian Flag which Ukrainians identify with.

Bit by bit the Russian Bear seems to be strangling the life out of Ukraine. It's a slow process but one where I think gradually the Russians will grind down Ukrainian defenders in the cities. In Mariupol the situation is getting desperate and I think will reflect Russia's strategy in all Ukrainian cities. In Kyiv the city is now encircled, with Russian armour having spread out yesterday. I can see Kyiv going pretty much like Mariupol. Nikolaev also and at some point the Russians will likely get towards Odesa.

Putin is calling on Syrian fighters to join Russia and is offering a salary of ten times their normal pay to fight. That is probably in preference to pulling more of his own troops over from other parts of Russia. Apparently infantry may be more used to attack in Kyiv now with Russian tanks likely being kept outside the city to keep it surrounded.

Although Ukrainians have fought bravely I think they will unfortunately succumb to Russian tactics of surround and conquer over time. Here is an update on the present situation:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/12/kyiv-ready-to-fight-as-russian-forces-close-in-ukraine-capital

Bitterly cold temperatures throughout Ukraine at the moment.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1132 on: March 12, 2022, 07:34:08 AM »
Zelensky has said today that 1,300 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed so far. :(

He also said that at least 500 Russian soldiers surrendered yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 07:37:46 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1133 on: March 12, 2022, 07:57:22 AM »

For the moment, I'll just read and listen critically, without making up my mind. 

It seems on one hand right wing talk radio is promoting the weaponized biolabs as being legit...but logic suggests it can't be accurate.  Why would an already threatened Ukraine give Russia such a legitimate reason to invade...?   

For right wing radio hosts, it seems poking Biden in the eye is more important than reporting with accuracy the events in Ukraine.   On the other hand, Nuland didn't really answer the questions completely and seems to be hiding something as usual...

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1134 on: March 12, 2022, 08:00:20 AM »
Previous gossip was that Belarus soldiers refused to move into Ukraine.

So now Russia bombs Belarus.

Will this be believed by Belarus soldiers so that they will now attack Ukraine?

Was Lukashenko complicit in this ?  i.e. he agreed with Putin to let Russia bomb his own people.

I haven't seen anything much about this story.  Are you sure it is actually a real story... 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1135 on: March 12, 2022, 08:04:49 AM »
Russia is considering striking back by nationalizing all the companies that stop doing business in Russia.  Seizing their assets.  The west is condemning Russia of course...although Russian certain assets are being seized across the globe.   

Fathertime! 

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1136 on: March 12, 2022, 10:09:22 AM »
New Reports Suggest Russian Losses in Ukraine Are Absolutely Catastrophic
How many Russian soldiers have been killed in Ukraine? It’s tough to know. We have Ukrainian sources saying their land has become a killing field for Russian forces, with at least 11,000 killed since the start of the war. It is true that the Russian offensive has become stuck in the mud. Tanks are running out of gas. That 40-mile Russian convoy outside of the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv has yet to move. What’s going on? Other estimates of the Russian war dead are in the 4,000-6,000 range which is probably a tad more accurate. Still, that’s more Russians killed in less than two weeks in Ukraine than all American losses during the entirety of the Iraq War and occupation. The Ukrainians are holding on, mounting a dogged defense against a superior adversary. We’ll see how long that lasts after the Russians clinch air superiority which they have so far been unable to do.
MORE----
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/03/12/ukrainian-killing-field-belarusian-hospitals-are-reportedly-overflowing-with-rus-n2604464?utm_campaign=rightrailsticky1
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1137 on: March 12, 2022, 10:41:38 AM »
Due to being cut-off from SWIFT
Russian companies are switching in droves to the Chinese “Cross-Border Interbank Payment System (CIPS) “, and in addition they are switching to a Chinese payment card “Union Pay”

however…
in order to hedge against the falling ruble, the Chinese forex rate is STEEPLY discounted against the CURRENT ruble rate by about 20%, which makes such purchases exorbitant…

Russia still has quite a bit of dollar reserves in the Chinese banking system, that and the oil trade are the only things keeping the economy afloat…

this approach is going to be inefficient, not only because of price, but also delivery (which will add to the price), because Chines products will be delivered to Vladivostok instead of through Europe

Russian economy will be "jhoppa" by summer

Russia has only two levers against the West, oil and nukes…
after they pushed on the oil lever all that they can (China can’t be very happy about this and rising grain prices) they will switch to nukes…

I would expect a demonstration over some uninhabited region of the planet which will be displayed all over the Western media as a warning

Russia will also work to disrupt western weapon deliveries, so expect western casualties

PS, League of Soldier's Mothers, which had been VERY vocal about Russian military in the past, is strangely silent in regards to the current "Special Military Operation" (remember you cannot say war in Russia) this tells you the level of "social control" in Russia

http://ksmrus.ru/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 11:26:35 AM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1138 on: March 12, 2022, 12:21:10 PM »
Third Russian general killed in Ukraine in eight days: Commander of armored unit is the latest senior officer to be claimed dead by Ukrainian forces.
Major General Andrei Kolesnikov of the 29th Combined Arms Army is Russia's latest high profile casualty. His death follows Major General Vitaly Gerasimov and Major General Andrei Sukhovetsky
This comes as a care home for disabled near Kharkiv, north east Ukraine, was hit by Russian shelling, local officials say.  63 of the home's 330 residents have been evacuated, while fate of the other 267 is currently unknown.

It is unusual for Generals to be in harms way, so it is thought they are having to move to the front because lower ranked Russian officers are unable or unwilling to make decisions or are fearful of moving forward and that many of the troops are wanting to quit.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1139 on: March 12, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »
Words matter ....
Link to a fact check by BBC News .... http://www.bbc.com/news/60711705
The State Dep't lady failed to try and correct the language...the Senator failed to pursue the language...and the wsws news article assumed the language...yes--words do matter.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1140 on: March 12, 2022, 02:30:59 PM »
Reports from Ukrainian captured cities over the fpadt few days seems to be showing them to be allowed to keep the Ukrainian Flag on Government/Mayor's buildings. This to me suggests that the Russians are not wanting to be seen as occupiers by hoisting the Russian Flag. It also makes me think that post Russian victory they will set Ukraine up as a semi-autonomous state with a Pro-Russian government using their current Ukrainian Flag. In that way Russia won't create a symbol of resistance which to rally around, the Ukrainian Flag which Ukrainians identify with.

Bit by bit the Russian Bear seems to be strangling the life out of Ukraine. It's a slow process but one where I think gradually the Russians will grind down Ukrainian defenders in the cities. In Mariupol the situation is getting desperate and I think will reflect Russia's strategy in all Ukrainian cities. In Kyiv the city is now encircled, with Russian armour having spread out yesterday. I can see Kyiv going pretty much like Mariupol. Nikolaev also and at some point the Russians will likely get towards Odesa.

Putin is calling on Syrian fighters to join Russia and is offering a salary of ten times their normal pay to fight. That is probably in preference to pulling more of his own troops over from other parts of Russia. Apparently infantry may be more used to attack in Kyiv now with Russian tanks likely being kept outside the city to keep it surrounded.

Although Ukrainians have fought bravely I think they will unfortunately succumb to Russian tactics of surround and conquer over time. Here is an update on the present situation:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/12/kyiv-ready-to-fight-as-russian-forces-close-in-ukraine-capital

Bitterly cold temperatures throughout Ukraine at the moment.

There are 16,000  Syrians who want to fight for Russia against Ukraine and Putin said that they will fight for free....he has been known to lie of course.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1141 on: March 12, 2022, 02:44:56 PM »
Interview with Stephen Kotkin, a well regarded historian.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/stephen-kotkin-putin-russia-ukraine-stalin
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1142 on: March 12, 2022, 03:58:32 PM »
From reports it looks like there may be a fair chance that chemical weapons may be used in Russia's assault on Kyiv. My guess is that Ukraine has put a lot of its troops in the northern cities knowing that Russia would place a lot of its attack there and try to take Kyiv quickly. I think that is why apart from other reasons that a lot of Russia's advance has been slow in the north of Ukraine as the cities there haven't been falling quickly or easily likely due to a lot of Ukrainian troops being placed in each one. The rest of Ukraine's forces mostly being placed in eastern Ukrainian cities down to Mariupol to stop the Russian advance sweeping across the country from that direction.

Kharkiv for example hasn't yet fallen despite it being very near the border, much nearer than Kyiv, just over the border pretty much. That's likely due to a very large number of Ukrainian troops being placed there. Thinking probably was again they need to hold the Russians back there to avoid them sweeping down across the country and cutting supply lines of many other cities in central Ukraine and possibly taking them.

Kherson seems to have been the one city where the Ukrainian government messed up, it held out a while but then fell, being in the south just up from Crimea it's a pretty strategic city. If there were some troops there they either were killed, fled or went into hiding. Reports from Kherson say that there were never any troops there just 50 - 80 civilians who took up the defence and we're all killed. If anywhere near true then it's a pretty big mess up on troop deployment as even putting a few hundred to a couple of thousand troops there would have helped them to hold out longer.

My guess is that Putin may well use chemical weapons to attack troops in Kyiv and elsewhere as he will probably likely see it as just another way to get rid of them other than the bullet and probably more quickly and mean less of his troops are lost is my thinking. Would be interesting to hear other forum members thoughts on this?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1143 on: March 13, 2022, 03:09:04 AM »
Russian missile strike less than 15 miles from the Polish border at Yavoriv today.

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1144 on: March 13, 2022, 10:07:30 AM »
Yahoo News is reporting that Putin has arrested the head of the FSB, Sergey Beseda and his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-apos-reported-arrest-russian-022103562.html

Offline ML

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1145 on: March 13, 2022, 10:37:48 AM »
Yahoo News is reporting that Putin has arrested the head of the FSB, Sergey Beseda and his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-apos-reported-arrest-russian-022103562.html

The article also mentioned that FSB raided the homes of 20 of their own agents in attempt to determine who has been giving info to journalists.

Probably one of the guys is the one Boe and someone else here posted about recently.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1146 on: March 13, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »
The article also mentioned that FSB raided the homes of 20 of their own agents in attempt to determine who has been giving info to journalists.

Probably one of the guys is the one Boe and someone else here posted about recently.
Blank

« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 03:16:16 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1147 on: March 13, 2022, 11:10:33 AM »

There are 16,000  Syrians who want to fight for Russia against Ukraine and Putin said that they will fight for free....he has been known to lie of course.

Well apparently CB about 20,000 Rambo's have gone to fight for Ukraine each one capable of taking on the whole Russian army and winning the war single handedly ;D

Many I guess will be in Kiev already by now awaiting the impending Russian assault on the city.

Some unfortunately looks like they may have not made it if Russian claims are to be believed about 180 of them on the missile strike on the training base near the Russian border:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/13/ukraine-news-russia-war-latest-putin-zelensky-kyiv/

Guys if you don't subscribe like I don't then on a mobile just hold your finger on the mobile screen and keep it there but at the same time just keep steadily scrolling with your finger in contact with the screen at all times. Use your other finger to take over when your first finger near the top of the screen. That way it stops the subscribe message block appearing which stops you from reading the article and you get to read the whole article for free :D

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1148 on: March 13, 2022, 12:44:53 PM »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Noch1

The Struggle For Ukraine
« Reply #1149 on: March 13, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »
Common sense, Is not so common!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541448
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1575
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1534
Total: 1543

+-Recent Posts

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Yesterday at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Yesterday at 05:12:27 AM