It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New guy here! Stumbled upon you all by accident  (Read 21309 times)

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: New guy here! Stumbled upon you all by accident
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 08:27:52 AM »
Ok nightwish point taken so pay per letter is an agreed no no.  Which pay monthly do you recommend

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 08:33:31 AM »
John open doors.  Throw grenade through window.  Wait for bang .  Kick in door.  Do the business.      Oh you're talking dating .  No idea mate go with the flow I guess.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 08:42:43 AM »
when I first flew to Kyiv, it was a 19 hr flight from San Francisco
you guys who live in the UK and your 4-5 hr flying time + 5 weeks of vacation time
long holidays, etc should be the first in line when it comes to scoring in Ukraine!

but you’re not!

Americans rule!
Brits drool!

just like what my late father told me it was like during WWII when he was stationed in the UK
I feel sad for you guys...

whole lotta schadenfreude goin on

I also find it amusing that you seem to think that because you know how to use a dating app, you know how to date...

ultimately, success or failure, all depends on how much you know
there is no substitute “for being there”
everything else is just an illusion that someone is trying to sell you
and that you’re all too eager to buy...

guys who are wage slaves and get their 2 weeks paid vacation + christmas
go the social media route and promote yourself
guys who can afford it, go take a 6 month sabbatical in Ukraine
if you feel comfortable driving there (it takes getting used to!)
rent a high end sports car and go cruising the villages that are outside a major city
ask locals where the “doma Kultura” is and go there on a Saturday night
place will be overflowing with stunning babes with a bunch of dumb looking local guys
bust a move on the dance floor and you will be the center of attention
just pick a babe and dance with her and kick back a few vodkas with her and her girl friends
and then take them all back to your apartment for the real fun
Slovo!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:59:59 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Nightwish

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 09:04:53 AM »
Ok nightwish point taken so pay per letter is an agreed no no.  Which pay monthly do you recommend

I was for a while a member on cuteonly and there is where I met my first girlfriend and made many good friends, but I am not saying one is better then the other, I had no problem getting dates with boots on the ground, approaching women "on the street" in everyday situations, but for a newbie I would recommend that one and dmnotify that I heard a lot of good about. I think I was am member there also in my very beginning.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »
Krim usa has a10 s  we brits have learned to fear your awesome firepower and reserve pilots.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 09:10:11 AM »
Plus krim UK stag dos are not doing brits reputation  much good in Kiev so it's better to get to the town's away from kiev

Online krimster2

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 09:28:34 AM »
"Krim usa has a10 s  we brits have learned to fear your awesome firepower and reserve pilots."

oh yes, but let's not forget the A-10's grandfather, shall we?

de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito

can you imagine that today with turbo-props and TOW missiles
and a computer aimed, optically stabilized gun
composites instead of plywood

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 10:10:08 AM »
I used dmnotify.  They have several names - the one that Ms. T signed up for was called VIPpersonals or some-such, but these other sites are portals for dmnotify.

I signed up for a 3 month membership for about $70.  Within a month had regular communications with about 10 women, which narrowed down to 4 that I continued communicating on Whatsapp/Skype.  3 women were from Russia - Omsk, Moscow and Kaliningrad.  One was from Ukraine - Ms. T.  My search range was women who were 35-45 years old, though Ms Omsk was 32.   

Some women initiated contact with me by sending "winks" - free members could not send unsolicited messages other than emotes - how I met Ms Omsk

Initially I planned to meet Ms Omsk, but after a month of daily communications I noticed some signs that she and I were not compatible.  My online relationship with Ms. T kept getting better and better, so after 3 months I hopped on a plane for $950 to Kiev.  I hit the lottery jackpot in meeting her and we are a couple of weeks away from her coming to the US on a fiance visa.

Read the trip reports here and read the various threads about FSU women to get a general picture of what you will be in for.  Remember that your woman will be unique, and she may or may not correlate to women others have experienced or witnessed.  Definitely read about the scams that you might encounter - that helped me weed out a few women early in my search.

P.S.  Another discount airline is Wizz Air.   London-Luton to Kyiv-Zhulyany,  28 GBP round trip Wed - Wed.  Bit more expensive for weekend departures.  Only caveat is they only operate 3 days a week (on that route).

Offline jone

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 10:37:45 AM »
A couple of notes from one who has the experience:

1.  If you like someone get on a plane.   Within a month.   I actually took long weekend trips from Los Angeles.   Cost to me for the entire trip was somewhere around $2000.   $950 being the cost of a ticket to Kyiv or Moscow, etc. and the rest spent on hotels, meals, gifts, etc.

2.  We have been throwing around terms about online dating services.  There are three types:  Free (FDating)  Subscription dmnotify/elena's and then PPL or PPC.   This means pay-per-letter and pay-per-chat.   The latter has a lot of window dressing (like a candy store) but the women are mostly there to collect a paycheck - from you!   You pay for the service as you go along so the more letters you write, the more you chat online, the more you pay.   Many of the profiles on these sites are not operated by the woman in the picture, but someone faking to be her.  They may even be Boris!   The reason I use a subscription site is that the subscription sites do a little more to make the match happen.   Better contacts/better information and customer service.   The fee is nominal so it shouldn't be a burden.

The two biggest issues that men have in seeking a partner overseas are time and money.   This is NOT for the faint hearted.  You are essentially doing a blind date 3000 miles away.   There are cultural differences and you are taking a woman away from her home, her family and (sometimes) her profession to create a new life for her.  This is not easy.  However, as some have stated above, the rewards can be tremendous.

The women that you hook up with, in an FSU (Former Soviet Union) country will be generally more into making a family and have traditional views about family roles.   As stated above, if they are 'into you' you will know it.  They will make you the centerpiece of their life. 

As I said above, time and expense.   Even in the best of circumstances, you will be in an overseas relationship for at least a year before she is in your country.   And the cost of doing this is estimated at around $80,000 from one end to the other.   So, as stated before, it is a commitment that does not necessarily bear fruit.

As our friend Bill says:

Udachi.  Which means 'luck' in Russian.   
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
New guy here! Stumbled upon you all by accident
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 10:41:26 AM »
Anyone one who has not been dating in the fsu in 2018 or 2019 is so way out of date they are
dinosaurs about dating.  The old timers can give you trip advice and living together advice.   
Others can give you front line dating advice.

It's boy meets girl, that's been happening since the cavemen stopped dragging
the women off to their caves by their hair.

My father jumped into the back seat of my mothers car when she was stopped at a
stop light. My Great Grandfather walked across the Oregon Trail as a boy, he built up
a successful Ranch and raised plowing horses but there weren't many women in the
West back then, so he had his Catholic priest in Oregon write another Catholic priest
in New Orleans and eventually my Great Grandmother arrived on a stage coach.

I decided to fly to Russia to meet a girl, but it didn't work out so I decided
to meet others while I was there which is how I met my wife Angel Eyes.

What I can't do is tell you which dating site today is the best or most relevant. By the
way my wife was never on a foreign dating site. I met her on a social networking site.

I can explain more about dating women from the FSU than anybody who just started.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2019, 10:42:29 AM »
Also f s u dating is addictive.  Once you try you can never go back to who you were before.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »
Hey all! Glad to meet you. Happened upon this site by accident and so, here I am.

I recommend that you spend as much time as possible here researching and learning
as much as possible about this endeavor.

Here are a few threads that will help you get started

Pursuing FSUW 101.  The procedures and the dating websites.
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

RWD Ten Commandments
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1740.0

The Free E Book
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=47

How I did it
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

Udachi !!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline RevenR

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »
Hello and welcome!
I have not been here on RWD much, but let me chime in. I am a Ukrainian expat with Ukrainian residency. I am currently in the US. First of all you need to decide if this is a venture you really want to complete. Women are women no matter what country they are from. I know many Eastern European women. They are very different and don't let the websites cloud your vision.
It is very easy to meet a woman there, and if you find one be prepared to saddle up and go meet her. You will know if she is "in to you" or not. If she is, you won't be able to rid her once she put her hooks into you.
Do you know that there are many living in the states already? Lonely and ready to met a man of their dream?
If you meet one of these fine ladies, spend some time with her. Not just a week and come home and file a k-1.
Some of my personal experience .....
I am married to a smoking hot Ukrainian woman that is a nympho....every mans dreams :)
We are both over 50 and both professional. There is 13 years difference in age and we have been together for 5 years.
First of all, I would never get rid of her. But life has had its bumps.
Also she grew up in a KGB family.

If you meet one of these woman, go through a argument cycle. They like to argue, but I only have to have my ass handed to me once to figure out do I want to be right, or do I want to be happy.
You can not win...
You can not change a bad idea with a 2x4 to the back of the head...they are stubborn
They don't trust very easy, it will take time.
If there is a problem, my wife will do what ever is needed to fix it. If you need help, she will take off the heels and roll up her sleeves to help out.
The list goes on and on.....Has it been easy...NO, IT TAKES ALOT OF WORK FROM BOTH SIDES.
Would I do it again? HELL YES
Ask around, someone here might be able to introduce one to you...I might be able to, but not sure.
I'll be home in Kyiv late March.
Also you should know this is not easy for them as well. It is difficult for both sides and I can explain further if needed to...
Good luck

I would love to hear more from you sir.

Offline RevenR

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2019, 03:24:56 PM »
Wonderful advice from you all. I appreciate it. Realistically, I'd assume a nice trip probably wont happen for about... 2 years or so, maybe less. Hearing from some of your experiences is awesome. As I said before, it was me myself and I up until last night haha.

If you all don't mind my asking, how old are majority of you all? I'm curious if I am the youngest one here... at the age of 22. But I'm the youngest and my Dad is 75.
The reason I say at least a couple years off is my salary is only about 50k a year, still got a couple things to buy and pay off before I can just throw money out the window.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »
Wonderful advice from you all. I appreciate it. Realistically, I'd assume a nice trip probably wont happen for about... 2 years or so, maybe less. Hearing from some of your experiences is awesome. As I said before, it was me myself and I up until last night haha.

If you all don't mind my asking, how old are majority of you all? I'm curious if I am the youngest one here... at the age of 22. But I'm the youngest and my Dad is 75. The reason I say at least a couple years off is my salary is only about 50k a year, still got a couple things to buy and pay off before I can just throw money out the window.

An old guard dispensed an advise to me which I believe can be handed to you. In light of your original post's content, and the quoted post above, I would tell you now to forget the MOB. It is not for men like you. The MOB is designed for a specific set of men (people). You ain't it. At least not yet. Just as the women on the other side of this, they're for the most part an atypical set of women in their respective societies.

There are more than a few reasons why you're the only 'one' in your social circle you know of that is on this trail. Lastly I will add, at your age, if you're already jaded with the local women...very likely the problem lies with you. You're not 'old' enough to have had it with women living within your zip code much less the entire country.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:00:58 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline RevenR

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2019, 04:22:21 PM »
An old guard dispensed an advise to me which I believe can be handed to you. In light of your original post's content, and the quoted post above, I would tell you now to forget the MOB. It is not for men like you. The MOB is designed for a specific set of men (people). You ain't it. At least not yet. Just as the women on the other side of this, they're for the most part an atypical set of women in their respective societies.

There are more than a few reasons why you're the only 'one' in your social circle you know of that is on this trail. Lastly I will add, at your age, if you're already jaded with the local women...very likely the problem lies with you. You're not 'old' enough to have had it with women living within your zip code much less the entire country.

More like "grass must be greener on the other side of the river" so to speak. As I said before, I've always been head over heels over of Russian/Ukraine. I'm certainly not blind, to see that my generation is dumber than a sack of bricks. The women especially, most of which are thots and whores, especially in the school system which I was lucky enough to avoid completely. The "men" my age are for the most part beta male simps who don't have a mind of there own and bend to the will of anyone but themselves.

One of the reasons why I am here is to see, from you peoples experiences what those women are like. I don't know, maybe they are just as bad as the ones here in the States. Can't be worse though! All the women here are treated like princesses for the past 50 years and it shows.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2019, 04:54:21 PM »
More like "grass must be greener on the other side of the river" so to speak. As I said before, I've always been head over heels over of Russian/Ukraine. I'm certainly not blind, to see that my generation is dumber than a sack of bricks. The women especially, most of which are thots and whores, especially in the school system which I was lucky enough to avoid completely. The "men" my age are for the most part beta male simps who don't have a mind of there own and bend to the will of anyone but themselves.

One of the reasons why I am here is to see, from you peoples experiences what those women are like. I don't know, maybe they are just as bad as the ones here in the States. Can't be worse though! All the women here are treated like princesses for the past 50 years and it shows.

Women are women the world over. At your age specially so.

Listen you want to sow your wild oats? More power to you. Do what I did at your age. Bed at least a woman in as many county/state/country as you can. Believe it or not it's a blast! Especially when I was at my university age, I had a map in my room and a few tacks handy. Some already pinned of county/state/countries I had already 'conquered'. Then when I got out of college is when things really went whacked out. I thought that was far more illustrative and compelling than notches on my headboard. Color code by cities/counties/states/countries. Add a crystal tack for the really great ones, etc...

There already are hundreds of thousands of Slavic ladies living in the USA. Many more come to visit. Hit your neighborhood Slavic community i.e. markets, social venues, etc...telling you things by people in the net you do not know is nothing compared to actual experience/s you'll generate on your own.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:56:58 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2019, 08:14:59 PM »
Your age makes a huge difference. Forgot about foreign women for now. Instead:

- Focus on increasing your income/savings and developing yourself
- Start taking Russian lessons
- Obtain TESOL certification (or equivalent; assuming you are a university graduate)
- Keep dating locally

When you have the funds for roughly 18+ months living expenses and relocation costs:

- Get yourself an expat job or English teaching job (and visa)
- Move to Russia (or another FSU country)
- Failing that, enroll in a university studying Russian language

It is soooo much easier meeting women when you become a local/expat. Time is more important than money IMO. You'll have plenty of time to meet people and develop relationships, including male acquaintances.

Don't have some delusional view about FSUW. There are cultural differences but women are women. I've dated plenty I never wanted to see again; dishonest, alcoholic, psychologically broken, immature, etc. At your age very few are looking for foreign husbands, and many are not at all ready for marriage.

If you're curious take a holiday for a few weeks and visit a few countries. Believe it or not the best time to go can be early or late winter (November/March), so you can take advantage of low-season flights and accommodation. Befriend Krimster and he may take you under his wing and show you a village or two!

I found it very easy to meet and date hot girls at bars/clubs in my 20s, fun fun times! If I was looking for a wife then I would have missed out on some amazing experiences. So forget marriage, there's just too much living to be had at your age.

Online krimster2

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
if I were a young feller like yourself, I know 100% what I’d do!!!!
work hard and live as cheaply as possible for a few yrs and save up $50,000 USD
then apply at Ternopil State Medical University (they teach in English!)
choose an off campus, but walking distance to campus apartment
thousands of beautiful women to choose from
ALL OF WHOM are easily accessible...
pick one that also has culinary ability (most do, but not all)
she’ll be your room mate, you pay for food/rent/utilities and she cooks/cleans

what more could you want???
there’s so many eager, nubile Ukrainian 9s, 10s in a Ukrainian university
bags full of eye candy, all living within walking distance of you....
geezzz, I just slobbered all over my keyboard from the memory...

and btw, your medical degree will transfer to the USA
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:40:19 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:15 PM »
and btw, your medical degree will transfer to the USA

No, not true . . . at least not in the simplified way you have presented it.

Most FSU folks who come to USA with medical degree have to virtually complete it again to be able to pass licensing exams.
And they have a lot of trouble trying to get into Internship programs, Residencies, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2019, 10:02:59 PM »
"Most FSU folks who come to USA with medical degree have to virtually complete it again to be able to pass licensing exams."

same with any medical degree, only difference with a foreign medical degree is you have one extra test compared to a domestic school

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 12:51:01 AM »
Young revener you are welcome forget what the guys on the way to colostomy bags say there's plenty of younger people on this site.  A Ukrainian medical degree is accepted anywhere outside usa UK and Canada with little retraining in those three countries you will have to retrain almost totally.  Western women will jade  you  fsu women will enlighten  you.  You  have bills to pay but don't put off life.  So take a vacation as soon as possible volunteer in a hospital as I did or teach English maybe for free.  You'll find there are many charities that need your help.   Go work for one they will mentor you look after you and actually make sure you have same age friends of both sexes.  You get to see real life and not mall life.  You'll come back greatfull for your way of life and will have met women who certainly don't exist in your country. 

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2019, 01:01:15 AM »
My 17 son is already jaded by British woman just by having met my f s u partners.  Unlike gqblues I'm not a notch collector it just ended up that way.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 02:13:08 AM »
There's a usa guy teaching English in Ukraine and all the hot mum's are sending their single friends and sisters to pick up their kids.  Word gets about fast in little town's.   Deecember 2018

Offline oso

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 07:05:38 AM »
I don't want to burst your bubble here, but your age and experience will be a huge problem in your venture.
If you can't get a date from your sister, you will never get a date from one of these women without getting chewed up.
At my daughters graduation they were asked what they would do with there diploma....90% of them answered they would use it to get a wealthy man.
My step daughter is 24, I would never date her...She is spoiled, lazy and self centered. Her friends are the same way. The slavic values seem to be lost in the new generation.
Slovic women want there men to be strong, to make decisions and lead. They are very direct and have strong opinions.
I might be the "head of the house" but my wife is the neck that supports that head.
You actually have to train your wife....mine is still in training, and will be for many years.
Foreign relationships are very hard but rewarding. If you think you want to go down this path, maybe consider a different area in the world to look.
Believe me, (and I don't want to hurt your feelings) you are not ready to meet a slavic lady.
Most guys that are married to these women are kinda passive, fun and successful in life.
There are not many in your age group that are serious in marriage to a foreign person.
sorry

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1996
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1985
Total: 1995

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM