It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 359197 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #625 on: August 20, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »

0The old "supply vs. demand" debate.    It will not happen overnight.  Direction of change is critical however.

Agreed.  It usually takes more than 4 years though for the economy to stabilize after a recession.  The economic factors although dampened, are still there and are positive even if weak.  Considering the credit factor and expenditures on war have taken a huge toll by 'burning the buck' overseas, how to get the 'demand' ball rolling again when 90% of the population is wary of taking on more credit while paying down the old?  With a trillion dollars in student loans out there at risk due to high unemployment?  We have to learn to burn the buck within the financial confines of the US and not overseas.

Quick example...

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=1093087

Take the most affluent zip codes though and you end up with Mercedes and BMW at the top of the list..  Ok lets do trickle down... Rich folk buy more cars made in Germany than US cars... with EUR striving for parity with USD.. hey that's great business.... for the Germans.. think they really care if the EUR goes 1 to 1 with USD?... I think not.  20% currency difference is huge when it comes to import / export....  EUR balance of trace is still surplus..... that's what keeps the EUR at 1.20++

Government must have compassion, yet government should not remove the incentive for self-responsibility.

Quite frankly, people will always go the path of least resistance... whether private or business....  give someone an 'easier, softer way' and that way will rule, including the premis of this board...

Good.  And the auto industry and....

Yes, let them die.. but wait.... last time I was in the US I was quite impressed with a little Ford I rented...  decent car, good mileage... quality quite ok...  Gator, even for my euro views, US auto has taken a few steps forward.. those steps should be supported.  I kick myself in the butt when I did not buy a car when the exchange rate was 1.45 bucks to the euro... really... I missed a good deal.

To a large degree.  That is why change of direction is necessary as I discussed in my previous post.    We do have a model across the Atlantic, a model that we know not to follow.   However, being Euro, perhaps you feel the Euro model is superior.

Superior?.. maybe, maybe not.  But in many aspects like healthcare which is really becoming a 'make it or break it' deal in the US, all I can say is that ALL those on this side of the Atlantic have BTDT... it's past history here for centuries  vs unchartered territory in the US.

I'll even admit that Obama/Romneycare is a weak excuse for healthcare reform.. but at least it is a start in the right direction.

Gator,  you and I have been around for a good while on RW boards.  I think you would agree that it is a 'take what you can' environment.. try to take the good and discard the bad...

It's not all that bad over here.. believe me.  Sure a lot does not work, but at least take a good look at what does work.

Higher life expectancy for half the cost.

Is that not something to work for?

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #626 on: August 20, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »
The Euro model was created to coounter balance the Dollar, which is based on a federal system of states, thus creating a strong inner market for products.
So telling the Euro model is bad is more or less pointing back.

The current problems are not at all surprising or unexpected, even if the press wishes to make people believe so. The weakest econimies now have been the weakest for the last 50 years, and there for will suffer most in times of crisis.
Without those countries getting serious benefits for industries to settle, their economy will remain as it is. Weak in bad years, ok in good years.

This is nothing new. Last month I was in Germany and heard the news that Bavaria wanted to reform the German Federal Economics so they would no longer have to contribute so much to the weaker German States. Sounds familiar?

All in all its just the game of economy, politics and public opinion.
Last year there was a lot of press about the US breaking the $10bn limit, and people told how the US might not be able to pay the bills. But did anyone deep in their heart really expect anything else as the limit being raised? Come on, be serious.

No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #627 on: August 20, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »
Ed, it looks like the ultra-right wants to make sure Obama wins again.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Misha

« Reply #628 on: August 20, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »
CBS News

God, will this ever go away  ::)  Two newspapers in Hawaii reported Barack Obama's birth in 1961. Are we to believe that everybody knew that he was going to become president of the United States when he was still in his diapers?!?

See: http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/obamabirth.php

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #629 on: August 20, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Ed, it looks like the ultra-right wants to make sure Obama wins again.
with all the "transparency" talk during his 2008 election it seems to defy logic that Obama is keeping his college records sealed. As they say: "where there is smoke there is fire". I personally don't think that it's beyond the realm of possibility that he in fact has Indonesian citizenship and went to college on a foreign student scholarship. Why else would he keep it a secret? I also find it interesting that his Hawaii birth certificate has a Connecticut number and the Arizona sheriff who had a team of experts look at it says that it's a forgery and the number actually belonged to somebody born in the 1800s. All this perhaps wouldn't matter if Obama's policies worked to fix this country. Instead my feeling is that they are destroying this country. I can't wait to see the 2016 movie, I think it will be eye opening.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Brianinaz

« Reply #630 on: August 20, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »
the health care is going to depend upon the state. Where I live an Illegal can get health care if they are pregnant, but not if they are not pregnant.

In the last election Obama made a very practical point. it is simply not feasable to line up buses and drive 15 million people out of the country.

I guess I would respectfully disagree. They don't go to their regular doctor like you and I. They go to the emergency department fortheir care. There they cannot be denied services by federal law. If you're seen in the emergency department for a runny nose that will generate a minimum charge of $700-$900 dollars and if there's actually anything wrong with you it easily goes into the thousands. Since it dosent cost them anything they tend to go to the emergency department at the drop of a hat. I can't tell you how many times a week I hear a spanish speaking only person tell me "I just want to get checked out" or bring their kid with a runny nose to the ED "cause I wanna get him (her) checked out". Just for medical care alone the cost is in the billions per year. Now if you bought each of them a plane ticket say at $1000 that would be a one time cost of 15 billion dollars. Just considering health care you would cover the cost in 3 to 5 years or less. If you factor all the other services they use I would bet you would cover it in a year or two. It's feasible from the point of could you do it and would it be economically justified. The feasibility part comes from the political clout of the hispanic community. The stupid thing is "they're" making it worse with talk of granting immunity, legal residency, and citzenship.

Offline Cameraguy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #631 on: August 20, 2012, 02:09:41 PM »
Eduard, I agree with you about Obama. His former literary agent's publicity sheet states: "Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation..."

Even his grandmother says she was at the hospital in Kenya when he was born.

Well Marty, if my senator for years and years were Harry Reid I perhaps would be as pessimistic and cynical as you.  However, I am an optimist.   I bewilder people like you.  And I feel that Romney is a far better man than this enigma Obama.  At least Romney has nothing to hide.

Call me cynical and pessimistic if you wish, but I consider myself a realist. To think that one party (or candidate) is the savior and the other one the destroyer is blindly partisan and simply naive.

The entire U.S. political system and process -- both parties -- is broken and compromised to the core by lobbyists, massive corporate interests and infighting. Perhaps that's why a BILLION dollars will be spent on this election and why Congress has a 10% approval rating.

I'm certainly no fan of Harry Reid, but I'm also not from the state that was responsible for the biggest voting fiasco (and presidency) in recent history. I remember being at the Pulkovskaya Hotel in St. Petersburg on Nov. 8, 2000. The front desk clerk told me she had always agreed with the results of every previous U.S. presidential election, but based on this one, she suddenly had very ominous feelings about America's future.

Little did she know how prescient she was.

Offline Misha

« Reply #632 on: August 20, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
Eduard, I agree with you about Obama. His former literary agent's publicity sheet states: "Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp

Offline Eduard

« Reply #633 on: August 20, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »
Eduard, I agree with you about Obama. His former literary agent's publicity sheet states: "Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation..."

Even his grandmother says she was at the hospital in Kenya when he was born.

Call me cynical and pessimistic if you wish, but I consider myself a realist. To think that one party (or candidate) is the savior and the other one the destroyer is blindly partisan and simply naive.

The entire U.S. political system and process -- both parties -- is broken and compromised to the core by lobbyists, massive corporate interests and infighting. Perhaps that's why a BILLION dollars will be spent on this election and why Congress has a 10% approval rating.

I'm certainly no fan of Harry Reid, but I'm also not from the state that was responsible for the biggest voting fiasco (and presidency) in recent history. I remember being at the Pulkovskaya Hotel in St. Petersburg on Nov. 8, 2000. The front desk clerk told me she had always agreed with the results of every previous U.S. presidential election, but based on this one, she suddenly had very ominous feelings about America's future.

I agree with you on everything you wrote.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #634 on: August 20, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp
Misha, it says "TRUE" on snopes... That indeed it did say that he was born in Kenya in the booklet...
I was gonna ask you if you had an original copy of that newspaper you posted earlier? That on line copy doesn't mean anything to me. I can put in there that you were born on the same day in Hawaii and you won't be able to tell the difference... a little photoshop magic...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:37:49 PM by Eduard »
realrussianmatch.com

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #635 on: August 20, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
Asked if he knows for sure where he was born, Barack Obama had stated that he distinctly remembers being born on American soil.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline calmissile

« Reply #636 on: August 20, 2012, 05:30:22 PM »
Asked if he knows for sure where he was born, Barack Obama had stated that he distinctly remembers being born on American soil.

For someone that requires a teleprompter for everything, his memory sure is good when he was born.   LOL
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BC

« Reply #637 on: August 20, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
For someone that requires a teleprompter for everything, his memory sure is good when he was born.   LOL

Oh no....

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #638 on: August 20, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »
I just now read this...remiel, not sure if you can provide citations for your following statements, but maybe we live in two different Californias despite knowing there's only one in the contiguous lower 48...

...I avoid politics on this thread because it tends to make people mad. some of the things in the above quote I am not sure are true.
1. Most illegals that I knew personally worked construction jobs, they get paid more than 5 or 6 dollars an hour. Although I knew attorneys who hired illegals to clean thier house and justified it on the grounds that no one else would do that job. The amount she paid her maid, $500 a week.

I can tell you I work in the construction industry. I once requested a laborer from the local union haul and they dispatched a guy who didn't speak English, didn't have any official pictured ID (DL) but had a social security card and couldn't read, much less fill, a W9. When I called the union haul to find out what the heck they dispatched to the site, the dispatcher complained that we should've asked for an English-speaking laborer and that we should have a site foreman who's bilingual. WTF! Non-skilled laborers get paid, excluding burden and union dues, around $30.00/hr.

As a followup, the laborer did in fact turned out to be an illegal alien. The SS number he was using was someone else's SSN.

2. Before I accept item 2 I want proof illegals are filing tax returns.

That's a very silly statement. The crime (or this nation's problems) is not if they are filing tax return or not, it's the fact they are/were here illegally to begin with.

3. the health care is going to depend upon the state. Where I live an Illegal can get health care if they are pregnant, but not if they are not pregnant.

News to me. The illegals aliens we have in MY California gets medical care and attention-period. The State declare that the care are for emergency care only, but you can visit any medicaid providing care institutions any day and you'll see more than just *pregnant* and *emergency* cases waiting to be treated *free of charge*. No one gets denied medical care in California or the US, bar none. These illegals seem to reproduce like rabbits, too. They each always seem to be surrounded by screaming non-English speaking busloads of children wherever they go, too. Chalk one up for anchor babies...expotentially.

Why else do you think these segment of our society is in deep kaka? Take the freeloading scumbcukets and the illegals off the medical care landscape and we'll be better than just fine. California's in deeper trouble since Arizona shook the proverbial immigration stick in their illegal alien roaches' nest. They scamper to the nearest nest hole west.

4. Yes they don't pay insurance, but I've personally also seen them hauled into court for not having insurance and put in jail. Also seen them get sued for damages when they cause accidents. This is a double edged sword.

Illegal aliens are in the jurisdiction of DHS/Immigration. They cannot be tried in any other courts. They get caught, they get handed over to the Immigration Dept. pronto.

The problem I have with all of this is that the conservatives who do the most bitching about this never provided the money needed to take the illegals that are arrested and drive them out of the country. When we arrested them they were held in the county jail, immigration was informed and then never came to pick them up so the police release them. This policy requires actual cash to work. This might require an increase in taxes to pay for it. In the last election Obama made a very practical point. it is simply not feasable to line up buses and drive 15 million people out of the country.

The problem I have with our country today is that those who voted for this clown and bit into the whole HOPE & CHANGE silliness aren't being held responsible for the hole your president put US ALL in these days.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:06:40 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #639 on: August 20, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »

"WHO GIVES A SHIT WHERE OBAMA WAS BORN ....

THE PROBLEM IS WHERE HE LIVES NOW"

Offline BC

« Reply #640 on: August 20, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »

"WHO GIVES A SHIT WHERE OBAMA WAS BORN ....

THE PROBLEM IS WHERE HE LIVES NOW"

so true Gator.... so true....  Double entendre?  (Pardon my French)  ;)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #641 on: August 20, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »
... I'm certainly no fan of Harry Reid, but I'm also not from the state that was responsible for the biggest voting fiasco (and presidency) in recent history. I remember being at the Pulkovskaya Hotel in St. Petersburg on Nov. 8, 2000. The front desk clerk told me she had always agreed with the results of every previous U.S. presidential election, but based on this one, she suddenly had very ominous feelings about America's future.

Nah CG...my money is on this HarvardLawGrad for posting this youtube vid...

I still to this day get a kick out of this C-Span report...

...and 4 years later, the gullible majority still drank the Kool-Aid. It's little wonder why it's fairly easy for Fat Yuri to make millions off Americans in exchange for a few sexy pictures...
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Misha

« Reply #642 on: August 20, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Misha, it says "TRUE" on snopes... That indeed it did say that he was born in Kenya in the booklet...
I was gonna ask you if you had an original copy of that newspaper you posted earlier? That on line copy doesn't mean anything to me. I can put in there that you were born on the same day in Hawaii and you won't be able to tell the difference... a little photoshop magic...

It also says that the person responsible for putting together the booklet made a mistake. The woman who wrote the comment admits that the information is not based on any information given to her by Obama or anybody close to Obama. Just because something was printed somewhere does not make it correct. Incorrect information is published all the time... As for the newspaper, there are many copies of the newspaper, libraries will have copies on microfiche. I personally don't understand this need to believe that Obama was not born in the United States.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #643 on: August 20, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »
Frank Marshal Davis is Obama's real father. If you care to look at what I posted on the previous page and opened your eyes you'd see it too. I don't post here much because this board is full of stupid people.

Obama is the son of a goat herder? No! he's the son of a commie agitator and pornographer .

And his mother? Frank Marshal Davis' Lolita he writes about in his book. A young woman under 20 he calls "Ann".
Obama senior was an acquaintance of Ann Dunham's father. Someone who needed a green card. So a marriage was made and he applied for a relative petition. His daughter no longer had the taint of being impregnated by a commie watched by the FBI.

Obama and Frank Marshal Davis. That's his daddy.

And Obama calls Frank Marshal Davis his mentor in his book. Yeah and he should tell the rest. He's his daddy too.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #644 on: August 21, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
Maxx-

I think those photos of his mumski are photo-shopped, LOL. It went viral on everyone's email.

But no one can photo-shop these...

http://bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view/20100204obamas_auntie_still_freeloading

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20220413obamas_uncle_ordered_to_report_regularly_to_ice

They must have one hell of a Thanksgiving weekend, eh? How'bout a family-reunion shindig courtesy of the US taxpayers?

Actually I'm really glad the election is here as I really miss our Vice-President Mr. Joe Biden. He never seem to fail to provide endless comic relief, LOL. Obama should give him the rein one time and let him speak at the State of the Union address with his own material.

Joe can definitely light up the House!

One of my favorite skit he did was when he asked a handicapped person on a wheelchair to stand-up, LOL! That was hysterical! Almost as funny as when Obama offered a toast for the Queen just when God Save the Queen played. Chalk one up for Affirmative Action education!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:15:34 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #645 on: August 21, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »
I don't post here much because this board is full of stupid people.

LOL...

After 4 years of hearing about 'birthers' it's hard to believe the topic is still around...  but guess some will believe anything.

Gotta loves a good conspiracy theory it seems.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #646 on: August 21, 2012, 09:03:17 AM »
LOL...

After 4 years of hearing about 'birthers' it's hard to believe the topic is still around...  but guess some will believe anything.

Gotta loves a good conspiracy theory it seems.
I personally don't care where he was born or what color skin he has. In fact I was proud to see that this country finally was able to elect a black man to be a president. I was touched to see Jesse Jackson cry when the result of the election was announced . But after seeing this president in action for the last almost 4 years I feel like I along with millions of other Americans was fooled. I feel like he is an ideologue who has taken this country in the wrong direction. I feel that he is incompetent, that his appointees are incompetent and very corrupt and I dislike his agenda.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline ML

« Reply #647 on: August 21, 2012, 09:13:48 AM »

The selection of Ryan as a VP is risky IMO yet it will focus the debate on meaty economic subjects including some contentious subjects such as entitlement reform which no one has had the courage to tackle.

Sorry to say, this selection has doomed Romney's chances.

We can already see from recent happenings in France and Greece that people simply aren't willing to live within the means of their country.

The 'takers' in many countries simply outnumber the 'payers,' certainly in the USA.
The numbers can be found in many sources, but all show that a very large percentage of American people pay zero Federal income taxes, and many even get rebates.

These 'takers' are not going to vote for anyone that has a plan to reduce what they take.

I have the gloomiest outlook  for my country that I have ever had.
Some of these things we read about how all great countries eventually fall, are seeming more real to me.  I really feel for the generations coming along.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:16:11 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #648 on: August 21, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »
Maxx-

I think those photos of his mumski are photo-shopped, LOL. It went viral on everyone's email. (so?)

The photos were found in a vintage Bondage Fetish magazines from the sixties, "Exotique", "Bazarre Life" and "Secret Pleasures".

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #649 on: August 21, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »

The photos were found in a vintage Bondage Fetish magazines from the sixties, "Exotique", "Bazarre Life" and "Secret Pleasures".

There's been a lot of photoshopping going on where BO is concerned but, I read something sometime back about the mother's nude modeling and had the pics to prove it. I saw those you posted and some others. The story I read was that the mag photos of her couldn't be disproven

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541446
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1635
Total: 1643

+-Recent Posts

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Today at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Today at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Today at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM