It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Updated list of sites?  (Read 7040 times)

Offline based_zoomer1997

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Updated list of sites?
« on: March 22, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
Hi, new here, I was checking out the list of sites recommended in this post:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

but I noticed a lot of these sites are either defunct or no longer viable and that the list is 7 years old. Does anyone have an updated guide or list to what are currently the best sites? I know EM, fdating and dmnotify are all good. Also any general advice is appreciated for my situation, I intend to fly to the FSU in June assuming the coronavirus has dissipated and they're not blocking Americans. I can be there pretty much indefinitely as I have a moderate passive income, I'm also younger than most involved in this search (23), still looking for a wife though but I am able to vet as long as necessary. I would also like to know if it would be better to pick a hub city to stay in (like Kiev or St. Petersburg, probably not Moscow because of the expense) and have girls visit me there, or would it be necessary to travel personally to whichever city she's living in and stay there until I know whether it will work out with that girl? Thanks

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Re: Updated list of sites?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
If you really want to marry (I don't think any man should marry before the age of 30, or 25 at the earliest - they are largely too immature before that age), then move to a city in Russia or Ukraine and just date locally.  As a young man, you have a lot of options.

Have you finished your education?  If not, do that first and establish a career.  Far more important in the long term.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 06:49:40 PM »
move to a city in Russia or Ukraine and just date locally.  As a young man, you have a lot of options.

I could do something like that, but I'm not really sure how large the pool is of women who are 18-23, can speak some degree of English, and are willing to relocate, so I thought that if I have the ability to target the whole of Russia/Ukraine I should take advantage of that. Maybe there's a lot that aren't on the sites that I mentioned but it didn't seem like a large enough number that I could get away with just targeting one city. Also I imagine many of the ones more willing to relocate would be provincial.

I did finish my education, I don't want to start a career yet though because that would prevent me from traveling for a long period of time.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:51:24 PM by based_zoomer1997 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »
Check out the financial qualifications you need before USA will allow you to import a potential wife.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 07:03:56 PM »
I have enough in assets to meet the requirements, I could also get a co-sponsor if necessary.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 07:04:55 PM »
Good looking women 18-23 generally don't need dating sites to get dates.
Tinder or similar apps would probably be your best bet.
University cities would likely have the most better qualified candidates.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 07:18:23 PM »
Good looking women 18-23 generally don't need dating sites to get dates.
Tinder or similar apps would probably be your best bet.
Of course they could easily get dates in real life, that makes intuitive sense, but if it were that easy then why are there so many girls on Tinder? It seems to me like a lot of the dating ecosystem has moved online now. I have no interest in Tinder though, I tried that in America a bit and a lot of the girls I matched with seemed like they were looking for a hookup, which is what it's known for although the company tries to claim otherwise.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 07:39:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum based_zoomer1997. Less people are willing to look for spouses in the FSU these days compared to the past so some sites went out of business. There are bad sites that get a bad reputation that shut down and open up with another name. If you find some sites you like to use, post the web links here and we can review their site and let you know if it's good or bad.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 08:24:20 PM »
Less people are willing to look for spouses in the FSU these days compared to the past so some sites went out of business.

Hmm what led to the decline in interest? Too many scams?

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 01:02:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum, b_z!

I'm not so sure the 'biz' of international dating died down .... it just passed from the hands of a few dating agencies and website owners into a free for all.

The ladies have social media accounts and guys just tracked their dating site profiles there!

The app market finished off many dating sites.

Western guys got a reputation as dreamers who never got on the plane.

There may be some negativity ( from some) to Americans.

You are nearly the same age as one of my daughters, so I am interested to understand what piqued your interest in Fomer Soviet girls?

I'd suggest using a gap year to travel ...to see it for yourself...but that's not going to happen for a while(

In the meantime it will do you no harm to understand their history and culture. That will put you in good stead .

Good luck.

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 09:19:29 AM »
I have enough in assets to meet the requirements, I could also get a co-sponsor if necessary.

OK, then you tell us (1) what you think the yearly income requirements are, and (2) what total liquid assets would be required to substitute for a lack of the yearly income requirements.

Not many younger folks recently out of college can meet the requirement.

And do you really want to start out a married life having to have someone else sign that they will support you and your wife if necessary.

No self pride ???????

- - - - -

My early to mid 20s daughter got her career off to a good start and was ready to buy a house within 2 years of graduation.
I went to her city to help in her search.
I offered to give her an extra $20-40,000 so she could move up the the next better tract-home neighborhood.
She refused to take one dime from me.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:24:38 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 09:26:08 AM »

Scams do turn men off. A bad experience with a pay to play website also discourages men from continuing their search. Some men may not be fond of Russia the last few years due to their aggressive actions. Some men may be scared to visit Russia or Ukraine which still has an ongoing conflict. There are many factors that can lead to the decline in interest of FSU women but you should know you can still find a quality woman there if you do things right. There are scammers and businesses out there looking to take advantage of naďve and gullible people who are looking for love. Just like you have people at home trying to take advantage of others, they exist over there too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 09:31:08 AM »
Just like you have people at home trying to take advantage of others . . .

Never heard of such a thing in USA.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 09:33:16 AM »
Of course they could easily get dates in real life, that makes intuitive sense, but if it were that easy then why are there so many girls on Tinder? It seems to me like a lot of the dating ecosystem has moved online now. I have no interest in Tinder though, I tried that in America a bit and a lot of the girls I matched with seemed like they were looking for a hookup, which is what it's known for although the company tries to claim otherwise.
Why do you think that the american rules apply the same in FSU?
Why are you transposing something you have experienced in YOUR country to an other eco culture?
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 09:36:30 AM »

Mostly respective domestic economics from the 'supply' side.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »

Never heard of such a thing in USA.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
You are nearly the same age as one of my daughters, so I am interested to understand what piqued your interest in Fomer Soviet girls?
Well it sounds to me like the girls over there are more willing to get married earlier, whereas here there's a lot more focus on casual dating+careers until you're like 30. That's not to say that there aren't plenty of both girls in both areas, but since dating is a numbers game it seems like the numbers would be more favorable over there.

OK, then you tell us (1) what you think the yearly income requirements are, and (2) what total liquid assets would be required to substitute for a lack of the yearly income requirements.

Going off of this it says you need 3x the gap between your income and 125% of the poverty line. My passive income is 15k, so I need 18k in assets to meet the line, correct?
http://www.immi-usa.com/k1-visa-income-requirements/

And do you really want to start out a married life having to have someone else sign that they will support you and your wife if necessary.

No self pride ???????

My early to mid 20s daughter got her career off to a good start and was ready to buy a house within 2 years of graduation.
I went to her city to help in her search.
I offered to give her an extra $20-40,000 so she could move up the the next better tract-home neighborhood.
She refused to take one dime from me.
Well your daughter certainly has more pride than I do! If someone offers me 40k I'm taking it haha

Why do you think that the american rules apply the same in FSU?
Why are you transposing something you have experienced in YOUR country to an other eco culture?
I was just making an assumption, you can correct me if I'm wrong. Is Tinder more of a serious relationship app over there?

Mostly respective domestic economics from the 'supply' side.
Do you mean the improving economic conditions in Russia as compared to the 90's?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 01:12:40 PM »
My passive income is 15k, so I need 18k in assets to meet the line, correct?

With a lady you're sponsoring, you will have a household of 2 and will need over $21,000 to meet the 125% poverty line requirements. At this time you will need a joint sponsor. But your biggest hurdle is trying to support a family on $15K. Financial struggles are the #1 reason marriages break up. Might want to find a better job before flying overseas to meet somebody.

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 02:50:52 PM »
With a lady you're sponsoring, you will have a household of 2 and will need over $21,000 to meet the 125% poverty line requirements. At this time you will need a joint sponsor. But your biggest hurdle is trying to support a family on $15K. Financial struggles are the #1 reason marriages break up. Might want to find a better job before flying overseas to meet somebody.
Yes I know it's a household of 2. The gap between 15k and 21k is 6k, multiply that by 3 is 18k which is how much I need in assets to make up the income gap.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 03:20:39 PM »
I have found out Tinder and Badoo to contain a lot of good prospects for solid relationships in Fsu, but fact is I am really older than you and you will find more casual girls in your range age than mine.
But don't forget that any love story starts by a bang, every woman and every man is unique.
"Marriage" sites or agencies, especially english spoken women, can hide many secret agendas.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 03:37:12 PM »
The gap between 15k and 21k is 6k, multiply that by 3 is 18k which is how much I need in assets to make up the income gap.

Here's what the website you linked says:

The cash value of the assets belonging to your household may be added to help you meet the requirements. The assets must, however, worth at least three times the difference between your actual household income and the income requirement.

"may" is the key word. There is no guarantee your assets using their formula will get an immigration officer to approve your petition. The word "may" allows the immigration officer discretion. If you want a guarantee, get your income to 125% of the poverty level that is asked for or get a co-sponsor. If you own a $125,000 house or have that much in the bank and make $15k a year, you'll be fine but if you're trying to squeeze by with the minimums, you're probably going to get denied.

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 04:03:04 PM »
I have found out Tinder and Badoo to contain a lot of good prospects for solid relationships in Fsu, but fact is I am really older than you and you will find more casual girls in your range age than mine.
How does this compare to using it in France?

If you own a $125,000 house or have that much in the bank and make $15k a year, you'll be fine but if you're trying to squeeze by with the minimums, you're probably going to get denied.
I do have an inherited property and a good amount of savings so I don't expect that to be a problem.

Offline ML

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 04:14:00 PM »
Just my gut feel based on Donald's views on immigration.

They are NOT going to count any assets as substitutes for yearly earnings.

And, if I remember correctly, they want that yearly minimum earnings to have existed for several years, not just the most recent year.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 04:32:59 PM »
How does this compare to using it in France?
I do have an inherited property and a good amount of savings so I don't expect that to be a problem.
Tinder in France not even works for me, if you are waiting to be hit you could die of boredom. And two of my friends share the same experience, the same with Bumble which is an other misandrist invention to make men a pure meal.

Offline based_zoomer1997

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 08:12:05 PM »
Just my gut feel based on Donald's views on immigration.

They are NOT going to count any assets as substitutes for yearly earnings.

And, if I remember correctly, they want that yearly minimum earnings to have existed for several years, not just the most recent year.
Well if worse comes to worst my mom can co-sponsor, I would be surprised if they totally ignored assets though. I know Trump has cracked down on some of the BS applications, which is good, but I think that would be kind of weird to target people using assets as opposed to like fraudulent relationships. Maybe if you're right on the borderline it would be a problem.

Tinder in France not even works for me, if you are waiting to be hit you could die of boredom. And two of my friends share the same experience, the same with Bumble which is an other misandrist invention to make men a pure meal.
Yeah it seems like the majority of 30+ women in the West are on things like Match or eharmony, so I imagine Tinder would be a problem for you and your friends if that's what you're aiming for. If there's older women on Tinder in Eastern Europe that would be encouraging since older women usually favor serious relationships. For me it's more of a problem of quality, it's clear that the girls on Tinder in America have "been around" a lot more than the ones on dating sites, but the amount of young women on dating sites is a lot smaller. Just looking at my friend group, two of them gave up on Tinder and eventually found much better girls, whereas one of my friends keeps at it and keeps ending up with girls that we can always tell are bad news.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM