It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ok, remember you said there are no dumb questions.....  (Read 4764 times)

Offline esavage

Ok, remember you said there are no dumb questions.....
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »
Ok I get it, aleast for me I can't find a good american woman, and I am not saying thier not out their. However after being with a woman (American) for 8 years, and to only find out when I asked her to marry me, her answer was that "marriage and kids was not in her [ Life goals ]" and then my last girl friend I had made me feel more like a ATM machine, then any kind of mate. Maybe it is time for me to look over seas.

Also I have a friend who found his wife in the Philippines 15 years ago and has been happy ever since (and yes I know this forum is about Russian Woman.)

So here is my Questions:

I have looked at many websites, and I still don't know where is the best place to start?

What are the best Agency?

What should I know and what should I look out for?

I have not written a single, but what should I be doing now to prepare for this?

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 05:21:40 PM »
esavage, in my opinion the key to success is education. Read, read, read all you can.  The i-net is a great source of knowledge.  Be careful of some of the Russian discussion boards who are sponsored by some of the bigger agencies as you may not get the truth about everything.

Although some will disagree I think it is a numbers game and the more sincere ladies you can meet on any given trip the better your chances are. Read the RWD 10 commandments. Never send money, do not fall in love with a photo, meet many ladies, work with agencies with good reputations and that have been around for awhile.

And esavage, feel free to ask questions. This is a pretty friendly and helpful discussion board.

Offline deden

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 06:23:09 PM »
Hi esavage.  For a first trip, I'd do one city (unless you got lots of vacation or free time).  Kiev is always nice as its easy to get to, has a lot of western comforts (sort of speak), gives you an introduction to the culture and lifestyle and if all fails, its a great place to go site seeing.  There are more than enough women there to keep you way busy in your search and give you the experience you will want before venturing deeper into the hooter (that be the countryside).  Also as a first timer, its gonna depend a lot on your comfort level as to how you arrange it.  If you like to be 100% certain that everything is going to go off like clockwork, I'd hook up with something like First Dream because 1) the owner is here in the US and available to coordinate your entire trip from the planning to the what's next when you return (and he knows what he's talking about), 2) he works with Kiev agencies (as well as many others), 3) his staff are very competent in Kiev 4) he wants you to succeed.

After your first trip, the skys the limit and you can do future trips with less assistance and venture further into God's country.   Just my 2 cents

Offline esavage

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 07:31:42 PM »
I really thank you for the replys, their are alot of different places out their on the web and its hard to know what to believe, and what not to believe. That is the reason for the topic, It seemed to me, who better to ask someone has already been though it.

It's such a big, life changing commitment I just think it is best find out all the facts. However I look forward to the task. Nothing with such a great reward, should be easy and without some risks. Nevertheless there is nothing wrong with trying to foreseeing pitfalls and avoiding the risks.

Once again thanks.

Emory Savage

Offline deden

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 08:09:31 PM »
Also, you might want to read the Brama's Ukraine Travel Tips Board.  I like it as its also about traveling Ukraine rather than about meeting ladies.  Lots of good stuff on it for a newbie as well.  Also because all the threads are on a page, its easier to follow the topics.  Lots of good stuff, apartment prices, translators, drivers, banks, ex-paits, etc.  Here is the link: http://www.brama.com/travel/travelboard.html

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

You should know that you should not wait 8 years to ask woman for marriage (or figure out that marriage is not in her list of life goals)

(this time you would be have probable only several months to make your mind or woman may disappear from your horizont for looking for another candidate in husbands)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:18:00 PM by Elen »

Offline deden

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 08:43:53 PM »
I agree with Elan that you should not wait 8 years to ask an RW to get married.  However, you have more than a few months.  In fact, the biggest problem with this process is not having enough time to truly get to know the lady.  Take as much time as you need and do not rush it.  If she can't wait, than she was only looking for the visa, otherwise, she'll also want enough time to make the right decision.  Take it from a cold war veteran, don't think you have to make a decision that she's the one just because you wrote her than met her (and all went well).  Get to know her more than over just one 2-4 week vacation.  You wouldn't propose to someone like that over here (or maybe you would), why do it over there?  Anything worthwhile, is worth waiting for.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:45:00 PM by deden »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
I mean if he made his choice with particular woman he should try to pay her PERSONAL visit in several months because if man only writes letters during for let say one year and doesn't make attempt to meet in reality woman starts to think about another candidate.

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 03:50:05 AM »
I agree with Jack -- education comes first.  Read everything you see on discussion boards and agency marketing with a discerning eye.  What is this person's agenda?  Are they a credible source of information?  There is some great info out there.  There is also a lot of tripe.  It takes some time to figure out which is which.

Next, figure out what it is YOU want.  Then, figure out what you have to offer another person.  Only then can you come up with a reasonable plan.  There is no time to do this once you are actually meeting people and developing a relationship.  It's a trap many get caught in.

Honesty by both parties is key.  Accept nothing else.

As for logistics, there are many ways to go, and many proponents for each 'method'.  I do agree that limiting yourself to one city (especially for your first trip) is certainly a good idea.  Even a seasoned international traveler can find it all disorienting.  Staying in one place helps one gain comfort by allowing you to build confidence in your surroundings.

Offline esavage

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 05:18:05 PM »
Quote from: Elen

You should know that you should not wait 8 years to ask woman for marriage (or figure out that marriage is not in her list of life goals)

(this time you would be have probable onlyseveral months to make your mind or woman may disappear from your horizont for looking for another candidate in husbands)

[/quote]

Love make you do strange things, even telling yourself that you can make it work. I knew long before asking that the answer no, but I could bring myself to believe that their was someone other then her for me.

I was wrong and if it came down to it I could leave tonight, well with a short lay over in london, I have friends their, oh I have to have someone tape the Simpsons and House M.D. Also I should get someone to water plants, pick up the mail and news papers. Maybe pick up a new Ibook laptop, I guess things like that can go missing easy over their, and well it's spring and white is back in.

point is the sooner I get their, the better.

Offline Todd

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 08:06:53 PM »
I agree with much of what is being said here.  One thing that I would like to add is read a great deal AND decide on where you want to be a tourist.  Make sure that the trip isn't just one long endless series of blind dates. (Which circle of Hell was that in Dante's inferno anyway?)  Make sure to really enjoy and immerse yourself in whichever place you decide to go.  Ultimately, this strategy will pay dividends down the road as it will give you a bit more insight into the country.

Another point of caution...I'm not sure where you live, but, if you live out in the country, looking in a large city for someone special is NOT a good strategy.  I'm not saying that it is insurmountable, but it will be another hurdle to get over when she gets here.  So, think about the lifestyle that you want and target the population density in which you live.  As an FYI, if you limit yourself to places like Kiev, Moscow, St. Petersburg, the chances of meeting someone who is Westernized is high.  Also, I would think that the probability of a scam is higher although I welcome other people's comments here.  Also, I checked your age (34), and you will get a great deal of interest from women who are 18-23.  However, I would recommend that you avoid women in this age group, and look for women who are out of college as they will be a bit more mature and more seriously inclined.  In fact, I would think that the ideal strike zone for you would be anywhere between 24-30.

However, above all, read, read, and then read some more.

Hope this helps,

Todd

Offline esavage

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 04:43:21 PM »
Thanks Todd, and let me start by saying that Boston must still be rockin,
:D since the Red Soxx won the world series :D. I lived their for little over year, and my two brothers still call it home. Columbus is a like in size and temperament  to Springfield in western Mass., I lived in holyoke for three years.:D

That did help because that was going to be my next question, i.e. what age group? I was thinking on 22-28 with a preference to a higher age, but 24-30 sounds better.  

Also

1) This week I am picking the Angncy(s), they must have offices and a way to contact them here in the U.S., I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau in the state that they business in, to see if they have any complaints.

2) I will sending out letters in three to four weeks. The delay is the fast I have a very important business trip next week, and will last two weeks.

3) I am going to limit my search to one city or area to begin with, that way when I go I can meet three or four ladies, and also enjoy the city on my own.

4) I am going in Late Summer / Early Fall or maybe a little sooner or a little later (Remember I not written my first letter yet)

Offline tim 360

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 06:15:06 PM »
As you said,  "There probably some good AW women here in the USA",  and I am sure that statement is quite accurate.  I am sure there are a few.  For you EE ladies sound like a very good idea.

I can tell you that I have 1 friend of many years,  who just married a great Romanian girl.  Came over on a student visa,  no K-1.  All his AM friends are quite jealous because she is so very different than the AW's they married. 

Another friend married a girl from Poland, also over on a student visa and she does put the "D" in devoted wife.  For sure.  Good luck!

"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541544
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1330
Most Online Ever: 12701