It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What is an MOB'er?  (Read 72800 times)

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
What is an MOB'er?
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »

Don't be coy with me - I'm not your average MOBer.

No offense meant with the following:

What is an average MOBer, and how do you differ?  I don't know, GQ, I've read your posts going way back, and your story of meeting, living life, age gap, etc., seems to echo commonalities with many other that I've read and is also divergent from many others.   Nothing wrong with that as all of our stories have some aspects in common as well as differences.  What I don't understand is the constant need to distance yourself from the elusive, enigmatic, and I reckon stereotypical profile (whatever that is) of an "MOB'er".  So what exactly is it?  (anyone?)

Perhaps a good thread topic but here would be as good a place as any..

...They can see right through men involved in the MOB.

Seems to me that they project what they wish to believe.  Some guys will inevitably fit the bill and others won't.

You should spend some valuable time making preparations for the arrival of your gal. Check University/Community College schedules and itineraries, ESL centers, etc...things that will prove to be a great value for her acclimation once she gets here than to be posting drivels endlessly on message boards.

absolutely agree. 

Not bashing, dude...just keeping this real.

Same here. 
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: What is an MOB'er?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »

No offense meant with the following:..

Nope. I can never be offended. I am the BATMAN!

...What is an average MOBer, and how do you differ?  I don't know, GQ, I've read your posts going way back, and your story of meeting, living life, age gap, etc., seems to echo commonalities with many other that I've read and is also divergent from many others...nothing wrong with that as all of our stories have some aspects in common as well as differences.  What I don't understand is the constant need to distance yourself from the elusive, enigmatic, and I reckon stereotypical profile (whatever that is) of an "MOB'er".  So what exactly is it?  (anyone?)...

Need?!? It isn't a *need*. It's a fact.

Since you said you've read my posts for a spell now (until way back) then you would know nothing in my post now contradict what I've written in the past.

So, aside from being so darn sexy, let me count other ways I KNOW I'm not a typical MOBer.....

1. I could never go back *looking* for another wife in the FSU if the first one didn't work out. Especially NOT within a relatively short time you see so many do around here. That's borderline horse trading to me.

2. I'm not so deluded to believe FSUWs are the end all and be all...

3. I neither claimed all AWs are fat, nor was I ever threatened by a woman's aspiration to search for her personal worth and value as an individual. Her personal success, with or before me, is never a threat to my manhood.

4. I can never fall in love with a woman's picture/s before I even meet her in person.

5. I can never send hundreds and thousands of dollars to a woman I just met and consider her a GF after meeting her once.

6. I will never take the notion any of these women signed up for international marriage because of *me* despite not having an iota of an idea *I* even exist when she first signed up.

7. I will never hold the belief what the woman/women doesn't know, or didn't ask - I don't have to tell. That's just as bad as lying and that's what's being exchange here constantly as an advice amongst these MOBers.

8. I would have never spent years - and hundreds and thousands of dollars - hitting places like Ukraine/Russia, or any other MOB region - *looking* for a wife.

9. I can never get so caught up with the idea of her being what she is - instead of who she is.

10. I have never denied how my wife and I met when people here ask.

11. I can never be caught up in the idea of the *MOB* that nothing else in my life can functionally exist anymore.

12. I don't brown nose my wife nor do I expect her to do so for me.

13. I don't flash my money around during courtship because I have nothing else to offer of myself.

14. I did not go to Russia with the notion I'm looking for a wife and told the women so.

15. I did not fret, was coy, held, lied about telling the women I am also meeting others during the time I'll be in Russia just to *see* if there's any mutual attraction or interest to pursue anything further. (Back-up plans? Really? LOL)

16. I encouraged women to do likewise until the time any of them is comfortably assured with me/us.

17. I can never subscribed to the silly idea my wife *sacrificed* all that she had ever known to be with *me* as so many of these drama kings would love to believe about themselves. Had my wife told me she's sacrificing anything to be with me, I would've moved on, stayed home and married a nice American gal who can see me as an addition in her life than a deduction. I am no more sacrificing any part of my life for marrying my wife as I'd like my partner to believe the same about me.

I could go on, but why bother...my posts are here in the archives and on the other board. Consistency is key. So, if you'd feel better believing I am like you and everyone, then more power to you bruddah. No skin off my nose...

...Perhaps a good thread topic but here would be as good a place as any...

To what end? For years you've been in boards like this, you should know by now reality has no residency in this venture. Folks are either deprived of social acceptance in their respective lairs and/or their mortal motor functions are way past expiry date and the MOB offer an option for an escape. Does it ever make you wonder why these blokes search each other out to be *friends*? Birds of feathers flock together, man.

...Seems to me that they project what they wish to believe.  Some guys will inevitably fit the bill and others won't....

Next time when you get a chance, attend these AM/FSUW gatherings and honestly ask yourself...how many of these men can you really define with? How many of them do you have any commonality with? I asked myself that question many times and aside from our wives are generally from the same region - not much really - NO, actually nothing. Zip. Nada.

The majority of them (yes, not all) are social rejects and old geezers. You can literally see that in their daily postings.

...Same here.

Yup. There you have it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:50:40 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »

Me either.. but I'm the CATMAN!  ;D

Need?!? It isn't a *need*. It's a fact.

Since you said you've read my posts for a spell now (until way back) then you would know nothing in my post now contradict what I've written in the past.

Okay, so let's look at the list... thanks for taking the time to post it BTW..

So, aside from being so darn sexy, let me count other ways I KNOW I'm not a typical MOBer.....

Check

1. I could never go back *looking* for another wife in the FSU if the first one didn't work out. Especially NOT within a relatively short time you see so many do around here. That's borderline horse trading to me.

Not sure I follow the exact point. You mean after a divorce? or if a relationship didn't work out?  Going back at all?  Personally, I really don't think it matters much whether one goes back or not..

2. I'm not so deluded to believe FSUWs are the end all and be all...

Check... although mine is pretty darn special..  ;D

3. I neither claimed all AWs are fat, nor was I ever threatened by a woman's aspiration to search for her personal worth and value as an individual. Her personal success, with or before me, is never a threat to my manhood.

Check...  But, I can't recall anyone ever posting about personal success being a threat.  Most of the married guys I know are doing whatever they can to assist in bringing her personal success to fruition.

4. I can never fall in love with a woman's picture/s before I even meet her in person.

Check

5. I can never send hundreds and thousands of dollars to a woman I just met and consider her a GF after meeting her once.

Check

6. I will never take the notion any of these women signed up for international marriage because of *me* despite not having an iota of an idea *I* even exist when she first signed up.

Check... though I must not get the gist of that one, because the premise defies logic. Who would think such a thing?

7. I will never hold the belief what the woman/women doesn't know, or didn't ask - I don't have to tell. That's just as bad as lying and that's what's being exchange here constantly as an advice amongst these MOBers.

Related to VM?  I never made a VM trip, but multiple VO's so I consider it a prolonged VM.. heh.. I never denied prior meetings, visits, or relationships but didn't bring them up either. Simply not polite unless the lady asks.  Women always know anyway. It's only a matter of whether they broach the subject. 

8. I would have never spent years - and hundreds and thousands of dollars - hitting places like Ukraine/Russia, or any other MOB region - *looking* for a wife.

You got me there.. I dated here and there...and mostly there.. for years until we met and built something we wanted to be permanent.

9. I can never get so caught up with the idea of her being what she is - instead of who she is.

Yeah, but what she is gives her that sexy accent.  ;)  Ya just can't teach that...

10. I have never denied how my wife and I met when people here ask.

Check

11. I can never be caught up in the idea of the *MOB* that nothing else in my life can functionally exist anymore.

I guess I can check that one as well. Such a though has not entered my mind.

12. I don't brown nose my wife nor do I expect her to do so for me.

Check

13. I don't flash my money around during courtship because I have nothing else to offer of myself.

Check.. only because I have no money..  >:D

14. I did not go to Russia with the notion I'm looking for a wife and told the women so.

Then why did you go? And how did you wind up meeting many?  I went looking for fun and possibility, but the option of a relationship which may lead to marriage was always there.

15. I did not fret, was coy, held, lied about telling the women I am also meeting others during the time I'll be in Russia just to *see* if there's any mutual attraction or interest to pursue anything further. (Back-up plans? Really? LOL)

Half check.. never lied (though always on VO trips) but always took a couple of agency numbers along as a back up in case of the 10 second crash and burn. 

16. I encouraged women to do likewise until the time any of them is comfortably assured with me/us.

Check...

17. I can never subscribed to the silly idea my wife *sacrificed* all that she had ever known to be with *me* as so many of these drama kings would love to believe about themselves. Had my wife told me she's sacrificing anything to be with me, I would've moved on, stayed home and married a nice American gal who can see me as an addition in her life than a deduction. I am no more sacrificing any part of my life for marrying my wife as I'd like my partner to believe the same about me.

Check. 

I could go on, but why bother...my posts are here in the archives and on the other board. Consistency is key. So, if you'd feel better believing I am like you and everyone, then more power to you bruddah. No skin off my nose...

Facts are facts. We have more in common than we differ. Doesn't make me feel better or worse, just is what it is.  And, the big kicker is that we both also imported a wife/partner.  Regardless of anything else in common between us or with other guys doing something similar - are we not considered MOB'ers by everyone else?

To what end? For years you've been in boards like this, you should know by now reality has no residency in this venture. Folks are either deprived of social acceptance in their respective lairs and/or their mortal motor functions are way past expiry date and the MOB offer an option for an escape. Does it ever make you wonder why these blokes search each other out to be *friends*? Birds of feathers flock together, man.

Next time when you get a chance, attend these AM/FSUW gatherings and honestly ask yourself...how many of these men can you really define with? How many of them do you have any commonality with? I asked myself that question many times and aside from our wives are generally from the same region - not much really - NO, actually nothing. Zip. Nada.

Haven't attended one as of yet. Actually, We haven't met even another couple in person (Though we met JR when he and I were in Donetsk at the same time).  We did attend a Russian Shashlik party, but I was the oddball as the only "foreigner" - heh - but it was pretty cool.  There are a some couples on the forum here I'd enjoy meeting someday for sure if opportunity ever presents. 

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Daveman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:49 PM »

So.... How do YOU (meaning anyone/everyone) define an MOB'er? 

and.. would the ladies be MOB'ees, or MOB'ettes?  :P

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:07:22 PM by Daveman »

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:40:48 AM »
GQ,

You have a unique talent.  You answered directly Dave's charge to you, but you did so to probably the one person who could redefine what you were saying and make it look not unique.  How could you have targeted that one individual?  Well, that appears to be your true talent, my friend.

In many ways you are the Batman.  I am probably more like you then like many of the other men on this site.  But we all have our own uniqueness.  Mine happens to be the predisposition of loving Eastern Europe and having traveled and conducted business there long before deciding to seek out a mate - if that's what I am doing....  I already know that I will live part of my future life in Eastern Europe.  It would be foolish for me to marry or have relations with a California girl unless she has a similar urge to travel to such a destination.  I do not seek age disparity.  My present gal is only four years different than my ex.  And my age and social mentality fits comfortably into the realm of not too old and not a geek.

Success or no success?

A successful MOBer can say that he has completed the cycle and wound up with a mate against great odds.  Similarly, a woman who posts a profile on such a site faces even greater odds of success.  So the married MOB couple are the pinnacle of those who have dabbled and tried, failed or were scammed or those who have wrung their hands without ever succeeding in making a trip overseas or of meeting such a man.  In reality the successful MOBer is a staggeringly LOW percentage of those who consider this as a viable option for finding a mate.

Eye Candy:

What makes an FSU MOBer?  The first answer to this has to be the Eye Candy.  We see, we are interested.  That simple.  Unlike GQ's above description, if a man has a pulse, he is not going to be unmoved by the plethora of pictures to be had on any of the MOB sites.  They are there.   And these women are presumably looking themselves.

Anyone getting off at Terminal F at Borispol cannot help but see the type of woman that walks around the airport.  The long legs.  The blond hair.  Trademarks of a Ukrainian woman.  (Ironically my gal has neither blond hair, nor is that tall.)

Desperation?

I am always puzzled by the idea that people would consider us desperate.   I am neither desperate nor willing to settle for anything less than someone who fulfills my personal needs.  I have oft stated that any woman that I choose to be with will be kind and wise.  Sometimes being kind and wise only comes from understanding that the man the woman is with is both loyal and dependable and able to provide for her needs and security.   I like to think that the MOBer is smart enough not to settle for the average fare, whether in his home country or a country of his choosing.

No Illusions:

GQ brought up some interesting points about falling in love with a picture or identifying the woman as a girlfriend after one date.  Too me this seems ludicrous.  Ultimately the successful MOBer will have experienced some failure just as all men do in pursuit of a woman.  Perhaps there will have been some money lost or repeated expectations that are not met.  But ultimately the man who finds and marries a woman from the FSU that he met online, or through an agency, will both have experience in inter-cultural dating and the wooing of a woman without total communication.   To do so requires great skill and empathy and a willingness to work through problems, sometimes not even knowing what the problems are or if they exist.
Now I am perfectly happy to discount 95% of the men who get on Anastasia Date or A Foreign Affair and start communicating with a woman that is less than half their age and has no intention of dating, much less marrying them.  - especially if the woman is under 25, for example, and without attachments such as children. Such men should be held in contempt as fools.  But they are not the successful ones.  If they are, there is something unique about the man or unusual about the woman for the marriage to occur.

Expectation of Uniqueness:

I differ with GQ and slightly favor Dave on this issue.  I happen to believe that the cultural heritage of an FSU woman makes her commitment to family and her willingness to cook and keep a good home refreshing in the world of the fast food restaurants of my current culture.  Sure there are McDonalds in Ukraine.  (McDonalds was the first building I saw upon entering Poltava.) But the mentality of an FSU woman is inclusive of the ability to cook and do things to keep a home nice, in spite of whatever other desires for personal achievement she may have. 

I grew up in the Midwest.  The values described above were the same there while I was growing up.  In many ways, and I have multiple confirmations regarding this, FSU women mirror the values that we Midwesterners grew up with.  But as Dave says, they come with this cute little accent. 

We challenge ourselves to fly overseas to meet a woman that may or may not even be serious about a relationship.  The risk is ours.  To me that is the definition of an MOBer.   He is someone who seeks out something unique that he believe can only be found at his destination and is willing to sacrifice much to verify that belief.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:52:26 AM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 08:00:52 AM »

Do you become the BATMAN from being hit on the head too many times or from frequent use of the cluebat

:cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »
GQ, that is an excellent list. Much of which I could have written myself. Maybe we should sticky tack a similar quiz so as to define newbies and categorize  :devil: Perhaps we can identify MOB'ers by groupings or levels? Of course I am being facetious.

While many MOB'ers are similar in scope, many of us are as different as night and day. Quite frankly, there aren't many men in this pursuit or have been in this pursuit that I can identify with. Probably, that commonality alone would makes us average. There is only a few of the men that go this route that actually make the trips. On top of that there are even less that get the ball over the goal line.

IMHO, of those that do get it in the endzone, the divide in those few are far, wide and a very mixed bag. The crux of what I am trying to state here is, and I suppose this question is for you Daveman, at what point do you gauge the "average MOB'er?" The ones that flirt with the idea, the ones that make a trip or two, the ones that make many trips and wrought with failure, or the ones over the goal line?

IMHO, many of the men that go this route aren't even honest with themselves of why they look East. I suspect many and I mean very many are looking for sex tourism under the guise of "wife hunting" and would never admit that to themselves, much less someone else. Most of these men, even the social lepers and societal rejects can get married right at home with the girl down the street. Much less time/expense/headache. They do it because the girl down the street that they can get isn't 10-20 years younger, beautiful, different than the other 5 women down the street.

Many of the MOB'ers couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a fist full of pardons yet, they can go to the FSU and date younger beautiful women. I think it gives them a sense of hope that they are not lepers or rejects. Some need this affirmation. They can't get it at home for a bevy of reasons.

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
GQ, 

I will summarize my post by stating you have reached a new level of impudence.

Your list with a few exceptions is a good guideline for what not to do.  But how many men do these stupid "No No's" when pursuing RW?  All, most. many, some, few?  I met a number of men who have pursued RW seriously, and most impress me as not stupid.   

IMO you are exaggerating the stupidity of the typical MOBer.  Why? 

Are you deluding yourself in thinking that you are vastly different from the typical man who married a RW?  I met you in Moscow  in the middle of your WMVM trip.  I read your entertaining trip report.  You are no more different than the rest of us.   

I would consider this as delusional arrogance; however,one quality of arrogance is to not spend time with inferior people.  But here you are, spending time on a board  with men who are (as you phrased it):  "The majority of them (yes, not all) are social rejects and old geezers. You can literally see that in their daily postings."

The following quote reveals much about you: 

Have you thought that maybe you are the social oddchild?  If like here in Tampa, most men at these gatherings are  happily married.  While none are close friends (I don't play golf with any of them and I do not meet any for a drink), most men are professionals or successful in business, and that alone is enough for a polite conversation that usually reveals more about the depth of a man.  Whether the man is a nerd, an old fart,  a brash young man, ugly, fat, athletic.... it is all good.   I will admit that I am the type who starts conversations with strangers on elevators rather than watch the floor numbers light up (and it annoys my RW wife who says Russians don't do this). 

So why your repeated insistence about being better than most?  Are you trying to be the "Who it is" of RWG.  I consider it pretense.  Yes, all of us are different and have pursued this endeavor in our own unique way.  Yet when you take a close look, all of us put our trousers on one leg at a time.  None of us are better than the other, just different. 

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
GQ, 

Your list with a few exceptions is a good guideline for what not to do.  But how many men do these stupid "No No's" when pursuing RW?  All, most. many, some, few?  I met a number of men who have pursued RW seriously, and most impress me as not stupid.   

IMO you are exaggerating the stupidity of the typical MOBer.  Why? 

Are you deluding yourself in thinking that you are vastly different from the typical man who married a RW?  I met you in Moscow  in the middle of your WMVM trip.  I read your entertaining trip report.  You are no more different than the rest of us.   

I would consider this as delusional arrogance; however,one quality of arrogance is to not spend time with inferior people.  But here you are, spending time on a board  with men who are (as you phrased it):  "The majority of them (yes, not all) are social rejects and old geezers. You can literally see that in their daily postings."

The following quote reveals much about you: 

Have you thought that maybe you are the social oddchild?  If like here in Tampa, most men at these gatherings are  happily married.  While none are close friends (I don't play golf with any of them and I do not meet any for a drink), most men are professionals or successful in business, and that alone is enough for a polite conversation that usually reveals more about the depth of a man.  Whether the man is a nerd, an old fart,  a brash young man, ugly, fat, athletic.... it is all good.   I will admit that I am the type who starts conversations with strangers on elevators rather than watch the floor numbers light up (and it annoys my RW wife who says Russians don't do this). 

So why your repeated insistence about being better than most?  Are you trying to be the "Who it is" of RWG.  I consider it pretense.  Yes, all of us are different and have pursued this endeavor in our own unique way.  Yet when you take a close look, all of us put our trousers on one leg at a time.  None of us are better than the other, just different.

+100!!!!!! :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »
GQ, 

Impudence?!? I reached a *new* level of impudence because of my response to Daveman’s inquiry (I presume Daveman’s inquiry was an attempt to incite a dialogue about the subject he chose). Well, that’s a hoot!

What’s the matter Gator, the highlighted items I cited is hitting home pretty hard with you? LOL. Which one/s were they? So listen,  If anyone is being insolent it is YOU for attacking the messenger instead of the message. You know what I mean?

:P

...Your list with a few exceptions is a good guideline for what not to do.  But how many men do these stupid "No No's" when pursuing RW?  All, most. many, some, few?  I met a number of men who have pursued RW seriously, and most impress me as not stupid...

Well, yes, of course not. There's a very obvious explanation for that, isn't there? Or do I have to elaborate on that point also?

... IMO you are exaggerating the stupidity of the typical MOBer.  Why?

Exaggerating the stupidity of an MOBer? You’re saying those things I mentioned never happen and you’ve never seen any of these situations at all? Why am I not surprised with that statement....

....Are you deluding yourself in thinking that you are vastly different from the typical man who married a RW?...

The only deluded one in my book is you for thinking we're one and the same. 

...I met you in Moscow  in the middle of your WMVM trip....

Chalk that puppy up for the few mistakes I made in my life.

....I read your entertaining trip report.  You are no more different than the rest of us....

Really now? Obviously you either didn't read it well enough or maybe there were other things in your mind.   

...I would consider this as delusional arrogance; however,one quality of arrogance is to not spend time with inferior people.  But here you are, spending time on a board  with men who are (as you phrased it):  "The majority of them (yes, not all) are social rejects and old geezers. You can literally see that in their daily postings."

The following quote reveals much about you:...

The arrogant one is YOU for even assuming I am spending time with social rejects when I already mentioned in that quoted statement *not all of them are* social rejects and old geezers. My presesnce here was not about *you*. LOL.  I bet that’s shocking for you to read, no?

....Have you thought that maybe you are the social oddchild?  If like here in Tampa, most men at these gatherings are  happily married.  While none are close friends (I don't play golf with any of them and I do not meet any for a drink), most men are professionals or successful in business, and that alone is enough for a polite conversation that usually reveals more about the depth of a man....

Ted Bundy was a professional and Mike Conroy was pretty successful in the early part of his venture, I understand...but what's your point? That you find commonalities with these men because you believe you're as much a professional and successful as they are? You see what I mean? Your knee jerk reaction to things is to stuff money out there again to measure your relevance...

... Whether the man is a nerd, an old fart,  a brash young man, ugly, fat, athletic.... it is all good....

I agree. Differences and distinctions are what make our world an interesting place to exist on.

... I will admit that I am the type who starts conversations with strangers on elevators rather than watch the floor numbers light up (and it annoys my RW wife who says Russians don't do this)....

Not me. I would rather converse with my wife. Another example why I know I'm different than you. Your wife is right btw. RMs will likely do as I, which is likely the reason why when all is said and done, RWs would much rather be with RMs - given the chance and level opportunities. Although, wifey tells me she's stuck like glue with this *insolent one*.  ;)  

....So why your repeated insistence about being better than most?  Are you trying to be the "Who it is" of RWG.  I consider it pretense.  Yes, all of us are different and have pursued this endeavor in our own unique way.  Yet when you take a close look, all of us put our trousers on one leg at a time.  None of us are better than the other, just different.

You really sound a lot like those characters who had long since passed their time and no one pays attention to their silly tired old banters anymore, Gator. Pitiful and quite pathetic actually.

Let's see...I’m impudent, arrogant (delusional to boot), social odd child, pretentious, etc…how fitting for the subject if this was your contribution to the thread. You just visibly exemplified why I believe I am different to the those I defined a typical *career* MOBer. You can’t challenge the post – you attack the poster.

Touche.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:42:36 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »

+100!!!!!! :clapping: 

Dude-

How's the fiancee/filing doing these days? You are still engaged to that gal, aren't you?

Also, when folks like you quote an entire post and put in those numerals complete with a clapper, does that mean you're the type of guy so clueless you just wait in the shadows for someone who can actually put together a thought because you can't for some reason?

That's pretty creepy, dude.. and I suppose I have another entry with you as a typical MOBer sampler...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:43:30 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »

Also, when folks like you quote an entire post and put in those numerals complete with a clapper, does that mean you're the type of guy so clueless you just wait in the shadows for someone who can actually put together a thought because you can't for some reason?

Not been around Reddit.com , slashdot.org, or other forums, eh?
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Muzh

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »
 :popcorn:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Misha

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »

That sums it up nicely  :applaud: I really don't understand the need the boost one's ego on an anonymous forum. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:37:56 PM by Misha »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »

That sums it up nicely  :applaud: I really don't understand the need the boost one's ego on an anonymous forum.

It is good you edited your post because your original post suggest we're all the same and I was going to post how hard you tried before to declare yourself for being different because you supposedly met your wife through singles. ru - and that for some reason you believe doesn't make you part of the typical MOBers...LOL.

But you are...with your own admission, you couldn't get a date at home, Misha. You should've laid-off the donuts, dude.

Offline Misha

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 04:01:58 PM »

It is good you edited your post because your original post suggest we're all the same and I was going to post how hard you tried before to declare yourself for being different because you supposedly met your wife through singles. ru - and that for some reason you believe doesn't make you part of the typical MOBers...LOL.

But you are...with your own admission, you couldn't get a date at home, Misha. You should've laid-off the donuts, dude.

You are proving my point. You clearly have a lot of repressed anger if you have such a pressing need to put down people you have never met IMVHO.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 04:05:17 PM »
You are proving my point. You clearly have a lot of repressed anger if you have such a pressing need to put down people you have never met IMVHO.

Put down people?!? You're the one who downed those sweets, man. All by your lonesome self. I had nothing to do with that.

And repressed anger? LOL...I'm at the BATMAN and you're the FATMAN. So how can that be?

You should've opted for those diet donuts, dude. The ones with holes in the middle.... :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:21:24 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »
Well, this has taken an interesting turn...  somebody pass the bong and doritos..  that'll send the thread in a more congenial direction.. perhaps will make less sense to the lookers-on but we'll all understand it..  :P

Sorry to leave the thread hanging.. I shall return shortly..

Offline Misha

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »
[size=78%]And repressed anger? LOL...I'm at the BATMAN and you're the FATMAN. So how can that be?[/size]

You should've opted for those diet donuts, dude. The ones with holes in the middle.... :P

Feel free to continue, I refuse to wallow in the muck.

As for the question, I do not consider myself to be an "average MOBer" but I do not see myself as superior either. We all strive for happiness in our own unique ways and I neither expect nor want people to conform to my standards or my norms. To each his or her own...

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »

Feel free to continue, I refuse to wallow in the muck...

Well, then that's pretty ironic if not hypocritical, isn't it?

Daveman orchestrated the topic and invited me to respond. When I did, MOBers like you, Gator, Hammer and the folks above this thread, who seemed to have take offense to my response - levied an attack at me instead of challenging the post. So, technically, you aren't wallowing in the muck - YOU  and others like YOU - ARE the muck. Which, given the gist of the topic - is another reeason WHY I believe I'm different than the whole lot of you.  :P

...As for the question, I do not consider myself to be an "average MOBer" but I do not see myself as superior either. We all strive for happiness in our own unique ways and I neither expect nor want people to conform to my standards or my norms. To each his or her own...

See above.

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »
I am not an "average MOBer" simply because I am not average at anything.

How do I know this?

My Mother told me so.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
GQ, 

I will summarize my post by stating you have reached a new level of impudence...

... So why your repeated insistence about being better than most?  Are you trying to be the "Who it is" of RWG.  I consider it pretense.  Yes, all of us are different and have pursued this endeavor in our own unique way.  Yet when you take a close look, all of us put our trousers on one leg at a time.  None of us are better than the other, just different.

I'll up the ante, +101 Gator !!!!!!   :)

Good thread Dave.

Perhaps its title should have been  "What is a cynical MOB'er" ?

Then GQ's response would make a lot more sense.

Offline ML

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »
How about we name the most cynical people who frequent this forum.

Here is my list
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »

Well, then that's pretty ironic if not hypocritical, isn't it?

Daveman orchestrated the topic and invited me to respond. When I did, MOBers like you, Gator, Hammer and the folks above this thread, who seemed to have take offense to my response - levied an attack at me instead of challenging the post. So, technically, you aren't wallowing in the muck - YOU  and others like YOU - ARE the muck. Which, given the gist of the topic - is another reeason WHY I believe I'm different than the whole lot of you.  :P

I suspect most of us agree you are definitely different............... but not in any superior way!

See above.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »
I don't think GQ is cynical.  IMHO, there is truth in what he posts.  Where I think he differs from most posters is first, he comes from a country where he has seen Westerners exploit the economic disparities to their advantage, so he knows what they do, and for the locals, how it feels.  Second, a common "theme", so to speak, in GQ's posts is he is married to a woman, not a Russian.  He is more interested in the former.  Most of you guys don't get that, and I doubt you ever will.

I applaud GQ for encouraging his wife to step outside her comfort zone and obtain a good education and build a real career.  Most of the men here have not done that.  Exceptions - pitbull's hubby (who doesn't post here), Muzh, and ML.  There may be others I have missed but the point is, they are the minority.   It takes an exceptionally confident man to encourage his wife to have her own independence, particularly at a level where she no longer needs him economically.  That is how GQ is different, at least, in how I read his posts.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541483
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235
Most Online Ever: 12701