It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

What is your annual income?

<$40K
13 (12.3%)
$40K to $60K
24 (22.6%)
$60K to $80K
17 (16%)
$80K to $100K
16 (15.1%)
>$100K
36 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: What is the average income of RW seekers on this board?  (Read 15234 times)

Offline El Rock

Re: What is the average income of RW seekers on this board?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:03 PM »
El Rock,

You add new meaning to the statement, "It takes one to know one".

Does this have some meaning to you?

Ok , now I get it !.
Good one, Gator , I mean , well , for you  ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:52:43 PM by El Rock »

Offline TwoBitBandit

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 08:40:50 PM »
Plus depends on state.

Indeed.

I live in Silicon Valley.  Here, $100K a year is barely enough to live on Top Ramen.  I pay freshly minted college graduates with a master's degree that much their first year out of school.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »
As long as you ain't got debt, a roof over your head and a filled plate a couple times a day you're doing just fine my friend.. I've seen huge houses and nice cars with owners that had mortal fear of the postman. Lemme know when Valya starts taking orders for her Matryoshka's..  You set her up with an online shop yet?
Well BC I guess that is probably true. I have no fear of the postman. I have a couple of personal debts but none to any legal entities. Until I got screwed over on my last job & had to spend our savings to pay the bills I was about halfway to being totally debt free but that kinda put a kink in the chain link!
As far as the matroshka's, we picked up the last batch of blanks last Thursday from Moscow. Now I just gotta get her started on painting them. We are not really taking orders per say. We didn't want to give everybody the same thing & some guys donated way more than others so to be fair I think they should recieve more IE: a ten or 15 piece opposed to a 3 or 5 piece. Also not everybody will recieve a Matrooshka. We came across some other items that we thought would work nicely as well. Stuff that Valya has had sitting around & not found a use for, like the jewelry boxes & bottle holders you can see  finished ones on our Services page on the website. Also one member mentioned he had a small munchkin that liked to play with the Dolls & we thought that the Matroshkas ain't really toys & the smaller ones inside, well, needless to say kids like to stick everything in their mouth, but Valya had a couple of Bell shaped things with a bell in side that rings when you rock it. Kind of reminds me of the old rocking clowns we had as kids. So that would be kool for their wee one to play with.
Just trying to be fair to everybody & yet give them something useful as well as memorable.
Selling them online is a waste of time. I been watching EBay for a long time & there are so many for sale there that it is rediculous. The problem is that you can't compare the quality online, only by seeing them up close & personal can you really tell the difference. Most of what I have seen online I would never touch now, but before I met Valya & didn't know the difference I wouldn't have hesitated. However, now I know what to look for & how to judge the quality. ;)
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline wxman

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 09:57:13 PM »
Plus depends on state.

How very true! There are advantages of living in a rural state. $100,000 a year is probably like $250,000 in the West or East Coast metropolitan areas. Plus not having a state income tax is a big plus. There may not be much in the way of culture or big time entertainment here in podunk city of 200,000, but I can hop on a plane or drive to where it is, and then be able to come back to a slower pace where one gets home from work by 430 pm. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:58:48 PM by wxman »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline DKMM

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 11:51:21 PM »
Always a fun topic for me since I do wealthy people's taxes for a living.  El Rock, you looking for an accountant?  haha j/k.

Wealth has very little to do with how much you make...

Offline syd

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 01:54:13 AM »

Very true. When I tried to get a mortgage I was told that I only just earned enough for the bank to consider me. I had a huge deposit and the payments would be only about 15% of my income. When I asked about it the financial advisor said that most people in UK are in so much debt and have so many liabilities they can't even afford such a small portion. I currently save at least 50% of my income each month and live very comfortably. I don't have all the super expensive luxuries but I honestly don't even want them.

I will quickly compare my mother and father (who are divorced). My father has double my mother's income and only has him and his girlfriend to support. My mum currently has 6 people to support. Yet, my mother is the one lending money to my father. She has no debt, he has tons.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 09:59:18 AM »
I know some pests (on other boards) who need controlling.

;D

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »
My guess is, regardless of your income if you don't have 25k stashed away already for the search/seek/date phase with another 25 ready after she (or they) arrive and thinking all along 'Well.. one more plate at the table can't be that bad..', or worse even thinking this is some kind of 'investment' you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

FWIW

Offline Bruce

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »
I have not replied (married and the poll is for singles) but I suspect the income numbers would skew towards the higher range for the married guys who are not answering your poll. 
"A word is dead when it is said, some say.  I say it just begins to live that day."  Emily Dickinson

Offline El Rock

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
Always a fun topic for me since I do wealthy people's taxes for a living.  El Rock, you looking for an accountant?  haha j/k.

You  have any pest control  companies  you work with ???

Offline El Rock

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »
I've had someone contact me , asking about my business  ,
I offered to help him

Offline Son of Clyde

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2007, 01:06:27 PM »
I voted because my income is still in the same range as when I first started looking. Right in the middle range.

Offline El Rock

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »
El Rock,

You add new meaning to the statement, "It takes one to know one".

Yes , I am a pest  , the harmless kind , though .

Is that really you in your  avatar??

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »
My guess is, regardless of your income if you don't have 25k stashed away already for the search/seek/date phase with another 25 ready after she (or they) arrive and thinking all along 'Well.. one more plate at the table can't be that bad..', or worse even thinking this is some kind of 'investment' you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

FWIW

It seems to me that 25 grand for the first phase is a bit much, unless you're taking the shotgun approach (wmvm) over a period of time.  The second phase I can see 25 grand going expecially if there is a child involved.

I just can't see asking someone to move halfway across the globe and not buying them new clothes, classes (if needed) plus all of the day to day living expenses.  From what little I know you will be the primary support for at least the first year, so if you are living paycheck to paycheck this is definitely the wrong avenue.
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline jb

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 04:39:29 PM »
Had a young girl (insurance sales person) stop by the house yesterday,,, 23 y.o., blond, extremely beautiful, (about a 9), (5 on the Budweiser scale), native Texan, slim, perfect in every way, I introduced her to my 31 y.o. Russian step-son and he blew her off because she has a 15 month old son by a previous encounter.  What's with young people today?? So unforgiving, a divorcee is not worth a second glance?  I had some words with him later.

Trust me, when I was single and younger, this girl wouldn't know what hit her...  I'd have been on her like white on rice.

Offline Gator

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »
JB,

Your step-son has led a life surrounded by RW.   He is spoiled  ;D

Give him more time in the USA and he will lower his standards or return to Moscow.

In all seriousness, I have heard directly from many RW (not agencies) that few RM are interested in women with children.  Many RM were not keen about their own children, much less someone else's.  That is why many Western men have success with stunning RW with children.  Such RW have heard that many Western men are fond of children and are thus using marriage agencies. 

Yet most WM also prefer women without children.  Personally, I love kids and have fun with them.  Such feelings must be genuine or otherwise the suspicious and observant RW will flush you in a New York minute.  Kids do step up the need for money a few notches.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 08:05:47 PM »
I have not replied (married and the poll is for singles) but I suspect the income numbers would skew towards the higher range for the married guys who are not answering your poll.
Exactly why I havn't participated & the fact that I live here puts me way ahead of the curve I'm thinkin'! ;D
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
Had a young girl (insurance sales person) stop by the house yesterday,,, 23 y.o., blond, extremely beautiful, (about a 9), (5 on the Budweiser scale), native Texan, slim, perfect in every way, I introduced her to my 31 y.o. Russian step-son and he blew her off because she has a 15 month old son by a previous encounter. 

23 you say? Damn if she was only a couple of years older, then I wouldn't feel like such a perv.  :devilish:
Necessitas dat ingenium

Online Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2007, 05:19:46 AM »
  What's with young people today?? So unforgiving, a divorcee is not worth a second glance?  I had some words with him later.

What did he say on that?
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Bruno

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
I introduced her to my 31 y.o. Russian step-son and he blew her off because she has a 15 month old son by a previous encounter.  What's with young people today??

JB, he is Russian... Why do you think that so much Russian women ( divorced ) with child are seeking a foreign husband...

Offline BC

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007, 11:32:01 AM »
JB, he is Russian... Why do you think that so much Russian women ( divorced ) with child are seeking a foreign husband...

Bruno,

It's not just Russian women with children.. German, Belgian, Italian etc etc etc..  All seek a stable family life especially after possibly bad experiences.  Nothing wrong with that.  I can also state from first hand experience that with kids, regardless of origin, the joys of being a parent and even being 'promoted' to 'Dad' or 'Papa" are indeed great.

Yes being a single parent in RU is probably much different than being a single parent in Germany for example where a social structure exists that takes care of practically everything to ensure children have all their needs covered.  Again, sadly, it all comes down to economics and single mothers are faced with difficult decisions in the end..

Offline DKMM

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 12:07:20 AM »
What about the money saved once you find your girl?  I mean, no more trips to russia looking for her, agency fees etc etc.  Not to mention the time saved, hoo boy.  I am barely in the middle category here and will be viturally out of cash when i return from my next trip.  Hmmm, I guess there is always a loan or maybe that promotion coming up...

Offline BC

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »
What about the money saved once you find your girl?  I mean, no more trips to russia looking for her, agency fees etc etc.  Not to mention the time saved, hoo boy.  I am barely in the middle category here and will be viturally out of cash when i return from my next trip.  Hmmm, I guess there is always a loan or maybe that promotion coming up...

Your trips to RU may reduce, but once she arrives her visits home will then figure their way into your budget.  At least in the US you get a little break to save some cash waiting for travel docs.

Count on a couple trips during the first two years then every second year after that..  By then you might want to invite the in-laws for a visit.  Always be ready for an emergency trip home.

In the end there is no money saved IMHE.. only reallocation of your remaining disposable income.

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2007, 07:29:51 AM »
You think it's expensive to bring her to the US, try moving yourself over to Ukraine!  You're talking about buying a new apartment and remodeling it to western standards, then udating furniture and wardrobes, and you've still got tris back to the US to think about.  The nice thing is that once you've made this initial investment, you can live very cheaply.  But if you don't have the money up front, you'll never get there.

Offline Phil dAmore

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2007, 04:39:04 AM »
You think it's expensive to bring her to the US, try moving yourself over to Ukraine!  You're talking about buying a new apartment and remodeling it to western standards, then udating furniture and wardrobes, and you've still got tris back to the US to think about.  The nice thing is that once you've made this initial investment, you can live very cheaply.  But if you don't have the money up front, you'll never get there.

Well yeah... if you insist on living like you did in the west it's gonna cost you a small fortune.  However if don't mind going a bit native you can move here pretty cheaply.  All it cost me was the plane fare and an additional $1,100.00 (USD) to move my stuff over.

Granted, I did buy the apartment before the prices skyrocketed, but that has only happened in the major cities.  Out in the област I understand they are practically giving land away.

I still like Richards idea of a group of us pooling resources and buying an entire village to be used as a little bit of home away from home....
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. . as you grow older, it will avoid you.-- Winston Churchill

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541395
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701