It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Holding back the years  (Read 16538 times)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Holding back the years
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »

Fourth, get an apartment not a hotel.

Udachi!

Bill

I think James only has 2 or 3 days left on his trip.  Hotel is fine, especially with the snow accumulation on certain parts/streets of kiev. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Holding back the years
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »
I think James only has 2 or 3 days left on his trip.  Hotel is fine, especially with the snow accumulation on certain parts/streets of kiev.

Let's adjust my advice to: In the future get an apartment and not a hotel.

In an apartment you get to play house. Imagine a Russian woman tidying up and preparing meals
in her underwear.

If you wake up at 2:30 am in a hotel you can't go into the kitchen and make a sandwich.

There is a full debate on the merits and demerits of apartments vs hotels here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21752.0

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2019, 01:00:46 PM »
I have noticed the  f s u slippers and underware dress code.  UK dress code is slippers and old  dressing gown or old jogging bottoms

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Holding back the years
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2019, 02:01:59 PM »
I have noticed the  f s u slippers and underware dress code.  UK dress code is slippers and old  dressing gown or old jogging bottoms

Most 90% wear the slippers and underwear inside the apartment, while I've had several more
than one Girl Friend (10%?) wear ONLY the bottoms while puttering around the house.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2019, 02:02:50 PM »
Davo2 I can't believe what I'm reading ill risk sounding nuts but my divorce was the same except his wife found out when I took direct action on him when I'd told them for 2 months to knock it off.  I was a regional manager proper hard working husband the works he was a stay at home husband 15 years younger than me loved his coke and my ex was coming home drunk and coked up.  Before we had it all 3 good kids .  Good schools.  So you just never know.

You're a far more patient man than me. I put up with her behaviour for a week, then my oldest kids told me they had known what mum was doing for several months, but didn't know how to tell me.

I told her they knew about her affair, thinking she would stop, but she sat them down and while they were distraught, with a smile on her face said "this makes me happy, don't you want a happy mum" she then got ready to go out and meet the guy.

As she walked out I threw all her possessions into the street  and tried to burn them. This shocked her..... She broke down and tried to get back in. I barricaded the door for an hour, while she sobbed on the door step. Not a good thing for your kids to see, but I had no choice.

Eventually I let her back in, but shipped her off to her parents in the country for a week. She never returned home and shacked up with the guy...... fun times  ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Holding back the years
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2019, 02:07:26 PM »
As she walked out I threw all her possessions into the street  and tried to burn them.
This shocked her..... She broke down and tried to get back in. I barricaded the door for
an hour, while she sobbed on the door step. Not a good thing for your kids to see, but I
had no choice.

Eventually I let her back in, but shipped her off to her parents in the country for a week.
She never returned home and shacked up with the guy...... fun times  ;D

Well you got hussy moved out without a trip to the police station so you did ok.

FSUW don't do vague

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2019, 02:18:04 PM »
As she walked out I threw all her possessions into the street  and tried to burn them. This shocked her..... She broke down and tried to get back in. I barricaded the door for an hour, while she sobbed on the door step. Not a good thing for your kids to see, but I had no choice.

In this fine country of USA, you would have been arrested for domestic violence....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »
Davo2 brings it all back.   The far away look etc.  Met a mates wife at supermarket she dumped him and 2 kids for a guy off the internet married that guy 8 years later she divorced the next guy for some one at work.  Each time 8 years apart she told me the same story of love like never before and had that far away look

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2019, 02:25:02 PM »
Same here in uk domestic violence and you would have been kicked out the house.  My coming together with my wife's lover landed me a charge but was worth it to see his reaction when we crossed paths.  Surprisingly the local community was split 50 50 about it

Offline msmob

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2019, 06:08:18 PM »
Same here in uk domestic violence and you would have been kicked out the house.  My coming together with my wife's lover landed me a charge but was worth it to see his reaction when we crossed paths.  Surprisingly the local community was split 50 50 about it

Hmm, I never cared what the 'local community' thought .. just my kids...( and for a while the Jury )

Offline Davo2

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2019, 08:35:27 PM »
Well you got hussy moved out without a trip to the police station so you did ok.

At that point I had stayed clear of the law, but 2 months later I received an intervention order (Australia's version of a DV order). It seems she felt threatened because shortly after she left, I shut my front door in her face and she broke a nail and several other claims that were false.

It took well over a year of fighting it in court and I broke the order several times (discussing with her about our children's emotional issues).

The first time I was let off and the second time I should have been arrested, but the night before the police planned to find me, she and her police woman cousin forced their way into our house while I was out and tried to persuaded the kids to go with them, took pictures of the house and removed property.

She was arrested for aggravated trespass, but let go as her name was on the title and her cousin was eventually demoted as it was revealed she took the original statement and fabricated evidence to have the order placed on me. At the next court date the judge canceled the order and reprimanded the police prosecutor.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2019, 11:29:58 PM »
Quote from: Trenchcoat

Some guys do make it work with a younger girl for a long time but they usually excel in desirable qualities that women want. Like you say some real big age gaps can be too weird I think.

My wife is 20 years younger.
Has been since we met ;)

9 years later ,she still teases me that she's the oldest woman I've ever been with long term ,which is true.

I'm old, deaf in one ear , and cant see out of the other!
   I don't have anything going for me in particular that most any normal man shouldn't have by default.

I have lived in the FSU ,so that's a slight advantage,but to be realistic I had plenty of attention from them before I knew much about the culture or language,also nationality has some surface differences in general outlooks, however individuals vary so much that these general traits mean little in a one on one relstionship.

While relationships can be complex and the dynamic ever changing,women are not some big  mystery to me,  never have been.
They want someone they respect or admire.   to actually care  about them and be truly interested in who they are,  how they feel,what they are thinking.
 thats about it.

If you listened to a woman, really listened, you wouldnt need any advice here.
And certainly no cosmetic surgery.

Most men want the same thing, a woman they admire to actually care about them and one who truly wants to know  and continue to.learn who they truly are.

I adore my wife,shes someone I truly admire.
. If I dint  I'd be bored in 10 minutes.

Set your standards higher, open your heart and mind and truly listen on your next date
(not just with your ears ,with your soul,   
its another human being with hopes, dreams  aspirations, )

:popcorn:

As always in wish for you to find someone that truly cares for you .
I do firmly believe the best way for you to do that is forget 90 percent of this nonsense and just be Trench.
The 10% part is were trench needs to be able to truly care for someone else,  actually truly open to a real relationship.
Not one based on a mentality
 of partners exchanging various assets on some equal valued basis for it
to be a mutually *good deal*

Good luck.

Offline The Natural

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2019, 05:21:54 AM »
Trenchcoat, listen to Jumper here. What he says is true and in addition he presents himself realitistically whereas lots of others here brags, have no wrinkles or grey hairs as their one generation younger women have  ;)

You will never, even if you find a woman, be happy unless you work on your attitude towards women. Forget whatever negative things you have experenced before. Don't focus on the negative. There are good and bad traits in absolutely every woman AND man on earth. It seems you think that generally women behave worse than men. Making generalizations are generally not productive or informing, but personally I'd say the opposite is true; generally women behave much better than men. But the best is to forget about these thoughts when looking for Ms. Trenchcoat.

Focus on how to present yourself and how to behave in a positive way that women appreciate. Try and change your thoughtpattern and instead focus on what values in a woman you want. And if you come across such a woman, look for the traits that charm you, that you feel comfortable with. Don't "look for trouble" by analyzing her every move in light of your previous negative views of women in general.
Learn to be a gentleman. Show an interest in her and listen to her, be generous and kind, smile. Be truthful and honest.

Offline ML

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »

They want someone . . . to actually care about them and be truly interested in who they are,  how they feel, what they are thinking.

Too demanding for me.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2019, 11:36:07 AM »
Several here argue that one cannot fake or conceal their real age.

I am an exception.

I am actually several years younger than I look.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2019, 12:06:26 PM »

I am an exception.

I am 57 but I only look 56 1/2

FSUW don't do vague

Offline rwd123

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2019, 04:37:46 PM »
http://www.how-old.net/

(P.S. I found it to be all over the place, with a range -14/+24 from the correct age)

Offline LAman

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2019, 01:29:45 AM »

I am an exception.

So you are 72 and look 65? Okie dokie makes sense
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2019, 06:41:18 AM »
Learn to be a gentleman. Show an interest in her and listen to her, be generous and kind, smile. Be truthful and honest.
All so true statement. But I have also heard it said the the definition of a Gentleman is that he is just a paitent wolf. ;-)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2019, 05:41:48 AM »
Ok, well an update, nearly a couple of weeks ago now you may have noticed a slight lull in responses from me on here ;D The reason for that was that I was undergoing Laser Eye Surgery. I have now mostly recovered from that surgery and as a result now no longer need to wear glasses!!! :D

Now let me ust say the feeling is great if not a bit strange after about 26 years of my life needing to wear glasses, 23 of which most of the time.

While it is great being able to see clearly without having to wear them I have also had some positive comments abound, some of which seem genuninely positive :)

In terms of FSW dating of course I figured that while some would not have a problem with a guy wearing glasses a guy not wearing glasses would not instigate any issue in the first place so that put in those terms it is better to not be wearing glasses.

This is part of what I mean by taking of the edge of any concievable negative aspect which of course included age, looks and the watching the way way we come across to FSW in general.

My thoughts is that if a WM turns up to the FSU looking an unimpressive sight despite whatever other qualities he may have that is unlikely to go past a FSW unnotticed even if she does not say as such. I will continue to build and improve on what I am doing on this front to come across better to FSW to improbe my long term chances :) For me in the immediate future that will include more Gym time and more money towards new clothes. With a bit of luck with all of the new input I am putting in it will reap dividends when I come to meet up with more FSW in a couple of months :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Cameraguy

« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2019, 10:25:35 AM »
I'm old, deaf in one ear , and cant see out of the other!
   I don't have anything going for me in particular that most any normal man shouldn't have by default.

Except for being a heck of a nice guy who's confident, fearless and wise without being petty and argumentative towards other posters (and by extension, your wife.)

Not as common as you might think.  ;)

-CG

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2019, 01:00:49 PM »
Trench .  New clothes.  No glasses.  Dozari  or black house  Minsk.  See you in there.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2019, 01:20:14 AM »
TC,

I'm glad you are working on self improvement,  it certainly never hurts anyone.
Keep in mind that while first impressions are important, as it gets you that opportunity , the other deeper less superficial stuff is what will endear, and endure.

I will add an opinion from being immersed in several  cultures in my life, that the FSU is one of the more superficial in this particular first impressions aspect.You'll find few places on earth that would put as much misplaced emphasis on a mans character by what shoes he is wearing.
 :popcorn:
That  doesn't mean everyone is like that, but you'll see it as much or more  there.
   I do think that is fading,slightly, so thats a good thing.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1873
Total: 1884

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM