It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Life in Russia during World Cup 2018  (Read 8495 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Life in Russia during World Cup 2018
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »
Have a feeling we'll have a cross channel championship.  Would you believe England in the end?  Nah.  Just kidding.  France wins it all.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2018, 11:22:56 PM »
msmob, 'were', you make it sound as if FIFA has cleaned up its corruption. After all how do you think Russia got the nod to host World Cup 2018? How much do you think VVP paid for it?

..and you would be correct in your assumption, given you simply cannot have read what I posted.

1/ the old guard gave Russia the world cup...Russia's  bid computers were long since erased....
2/ even England's bid for 2018 was found flawed re inducements

Current FIFA president Gianni Infantino is reportedly just as corrupt as Blatter as are many other current senior FIFA members.

None of your v old links suggest this?

Yet the US was criticized by many, mostly Europeans for taking action against FIFA and prosecuting a large number of senior FIFA officials. Take a look at the BBC link to see just how many senior FIFA officials the US is prosecuting. msmob, any idea how many senior FIFA officials the European countries have prosecuted for FIFA related corruption over the last few decades?

Most of the evidence came from a British journalist who the BBC allowed to have his say on Panorama. . The UK nations were very vocal re corruption

It appears the European countries that are long time soccer powerhouses in FIFA had little interest in cleaning up the current corruption in FIFA. They were more than willing to leave it to the US to do the dirty work. Why?

It appears you are ill informed and unaware of the huge changes at FIFA.

I would like to see investigations re the current chief, as thathe would suggest that not all the rot had been removed.

One thing you seem to have missed is that it seems unlikely that one nation will ever host the tourn amend,  again

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 04:44:49 AM »
Totally irrelevant link of Ukrainians wishing Croatia to win...

JayH

Ukraine didn't qualify ..my tiny nation beat them in the group..

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 01:06:24 AM »
So was anyone happy about France's win?

The better half told me France would win, as they're a stronger team.  He hasn't made a prediction on England-Croatia, but said Croatia's game is more "dynamic".

Any predictions?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 01:35:27 AM »
So was anyone happy about France's win?

The better half told me France would win, as they're a stronger team.  He hasn't made a prediction on England-Croatia, but said Croatia's game is more "dynamic".

Any predictions?
England, of course.  :D

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 01:38:33 AM »
England, of course.  :D
  :) :)

I do hope England wins.  I have lived through this for many cycles now (and the European championship), and all I have learned it that the World Cup is often unpredictable. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 02:53:11 AM »
  :) :)

I do hope England wins.  I have lived through this for many cycles now (and the European championship), and all I have learned it that the World Cup is often unpredictable.
Fingers crossed they keep it together this evening.

Offline Olchik

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 04:57:54 AM »
Well, Croatia isn't weak and has not that small chances to beat England in semi final. From beginning of championship I thought France will win and still hope they will do that  :)

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 06:14:50 AM »
Win or lose I'm sure London will be burning.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline msmob

Re: Life in Russia AFTER World Cup 2018
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2018, 06:39:57 PM »
Well, it's nearly over ...

Huh? You may ask - it IS over ....Well not QUITE yet ..

Those of you travelling to a host city will still notice a special regime for registration - including Russian citizens - if staying in a host city for 72 hours or more - one MUST be registered

Many folks are ignorant of this ...don't get caught out - it's in place for a few days more.

http://www.russiaknowledge.com/2018/05/16/registration-in-russia-for-all-football-fans-coming-to-the-world-cup/

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1649
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1559
Total: 1569

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Today at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Today at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Today at 03:02:29 PM