It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317588 times)

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »
ML,

Glad to see you guys making friends.  Larissa has been doing the same thing.  I am amazed how word gets around of another new Ukrainian in town.  Friends of friends have been introducing her to many new people. I have already lost track of all of her new friends. 

Of course there is our member, Krassie that she met when I first introduced her to on Skype when we first met in Kiev.  The two of them have chatted regularly on Skype for the past couple of years.  It's nice to have resident members that a new wife can chat with in their native language.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »
W had a LOT of tomatoes this year.

So Ochka fixed some for later days.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »
We had a picnic here today.  Mostly Ochka's fellow faculty in math, but a few others thrown in also.

It looked like a mini UN conference.

Attendees from Ukraine, Romania, Greece, Cyprus, Poland, Germany, France, Austria, Czech, Israel, India, Taiwan and Japan.

Only three USA native born's in entire group, including myself.

I noticed one math prof had the hots for Ochka, but he is a very shy type.  She took classes from him and thought him a near genius in the classroom, but outside classroom he is lost.  She said she never noticed his his interest in her, but it was clear.  I think he was quite disappointed to find out she was married.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2015, 09:16:58 PM »
Not at all trying to 'rub salt' with respect to the current thread started by EasternSun, but . . .

Today, as with last week (Wednesday), Ochka thinks that because she taught for 3 days she deserves a restaurant dinner.

She really enjoys these and especially our long talks that seem to occur at restaurants.

Anyway, she was telling me of the very scary dream she had last night.

I was insisting that we were going to leave USA and go live in Ukraine.  She was very much against it, and in a terrible fright about it.

Her deceased Grandmother was in the dream also, but she didn't know what the Grandmother might have to do with this planned move to Ukraine.

She tried everything and every reason she could think of to get me to change my mind about us going to Ukraine.

But, in the end, I picked up some suitcases and headed for the door.

She then woke up in a cold sweat from the dream ordeal.

Note:  I never told her about EasternSun's story, so she wasn't just BSing me to show that she was different from his wife.

She and I couldn't figure out where this dream came from because I have never voiced any intention to go live in Ukraine permanently.

And, I thought it best not to ask her why she didn't actually like the idea that I wanted us to go live in Ukraine.  I guess deep down I wouldn't want to hear that she would rather live there than here.

A couple of slight things she said over the past few months leads me to believe she might becoming quite attached to USA. 

She told that when talking with a group of her very close women friends in Ukraine this past summer, she said something along the lines of "we in USA like to do X, Y, Z."    One of her 25 year friends was quite annoyed and 'called her' on referring to herself as part of the 'we' group in USA.  So Ochka realized she had actually thought of 'we' rather than 'they' when referring to people in USA.

And just recently, she remarked that she was really starting to think of our group of friends and acquaintances as people that she doesn't want to be separated from.

Offline ML

« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2015, 01:07:31 PM »
Ochka has me check over her handouts, quizzes, exams, etc. for English before she does final printout for copying.

So just now, I looked over some of her Multivariable Calculus materials and came across the word 'parallelepiped' that she had typed.

I was ready to mark it as some sort of weird error wherein she had combined some words with misspellings, etc.

But, just decided to check out on Google.

OMG . . . there is such a word !!

Don't read about it . . . you can become a little queasy, as I did.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2015, 03:23:34 AM »
So just now, I looked over some of her Multivariable Calculus materials and came across the word 'parallelepiped' that she had typed.I was ready to mark it as some sort of weird error wherein she had combined some words with misspellings, etc.But, just decided to check out on Google.OMG . . . there is such a word !!Don't read about it . . . you can become a little queasy, as I did.
It's just a stretched-out cube ;D:

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »
Too simple Sandro.

In three dimensions, a parallelepiped is a prism whose faces are all parallelograms. Let A, B, and C be the basis vectors defining a three-dimensional parallelepiped. Then the parallelepiped has volume given by the scalar triple product

Parallelepiped is a three-dimensional figure formed by six parallelograms (the term rhomboid is also sometimes used with this meaning). By analogy, it relates to a parallelogram just as a cube relates to a square or as a cuboid to a rectangle. In Euclidean geometry, its definition encompasses all four concepts (i.e., parallelepiped, parallelogram, cube, and square). In this context of affine geometry, in which angles are not differentiated, its definition admits only parallelograms and parallelepipeds. Three equivalent definitions of parallelepiped are

a polyhedron with six faces (hexahedron), each of which is a parallelogram,
    a hexahedron with three pairs of parallel faces, and
    a prism of which the base is a parallelogram.

V_(parallelepiped)   =   |Aˇ(BxC)|   
(1)
   =   |Cˇ(AxB)|   
(2)
   =   |Bˇ(CxA)|.   
(3)

In n dimensions, a parallelepiped is the polytope spanned by n vectors v_1, ..., v_n in a vector space over the reals,
span(v_1,...,v_n)=t_1v_1+...+t_nv_n,    
(4)

where t_i in [0,1] for i=1, ..., n. In the usual interpretation, the vector space is taken as Euclidean space, and the content of this parallelepiped is given by
abs(det(v_1,...,v_n)),    
(5)

where the sign of the determinant is taken to be the "orientation" of the "oriented volume" of the parallelepiped.

Given k vectors v_1, ..., v_k in n-dimensional space, their convex hull (along with the zero vector)
{sum_(i)t_iv_i:0<=t_i<=1}    
(6)

is called a parallelepiped, generalizing the notion of a parallelogram, or rather its interior, in the plane. If the number of vectors is equal to the dimension, then
A=(v_1...v_k)    
(7)

is a square matrix, and the volume of the parallelepiped is given by |detA|, where the columns of A are given by the vectors v_i. More generally, a parallelepiped has k dimensional volume given by |detA^(T)A|^(1/2).

When the vectors are tangent vectors, then the parallelepiped represents an infinitesimal k-dimensional volume element. Integrating this volume can give formulas for the volumes of k-dimensional objects in n-dimensional space. More intrinsically, the parallelepiped corresponds to a decomposable element of the exterior algebra Lambda^kR^n.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »
In three dimensions,
    a polyhedron with six faces (hexahedron), each of which is a parallelogram,
    a hexahedron with three pairs of parallel faces, and
    a prism of which the base is a parallelogram.

V_(parallelepiped)   =   |Aˇ(BxC)|   
(1)
   =   |Cˇ(AxB)|   
(2)
   =   |Bˇ(CxA)|.   
(3)

In n dimensions, a parallelepiped is the polytope spanned by n vectors v_1, ..., v_n in a vector space over the reals,
span(v_1,...,v_n)=t_1v_1+...+t_nv_n,    
(4)

where t_i in [0,1] for i=1, ..., n. In the usual interpretation, the vector space is taken as Euclidean space, and the content of this parallelepiped is given by
abs(det(v_1,...,v_n)),    
(5)

where the sign of the determinant is taken to be the "orientation" of the "oriented volume" of the parallelepiped.

Given k vectors v_1, ..., v_k in n-dimensional space, their convex hull (along with the zero vector)
{sum_(i)t_iv_i:0<=t_i<=1}    
(6)

is called a parallelepiped, generalizing the notion of a parallelogram, or rather its interior, in the plane. If the number of vectors is equal to the dimension, then
A=(v_1...v_k)    
(7)

Sorry see no reason to reqoute the entire article. But I am certain that there was no future in maths for me.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2015, 06:54:55 PM »
Too simple Sandro.

In three dimensions, a parallelepiped is a prism whose faces are all parallelograms. Let A, B, and C be the basis vectors defining a three-dimensional parallelepiped. Then the parallelepiped has volume given by the scalar triple product ...'

My sentiments exactly!

Offline ML

« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2015, 08:39:46 AM »
How many of you have ever experienced a woman (or man) coming home and saying?:

"I want a pizza and sex."

What a pain.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »
ML, The three best things in life are a Scotch before and a nap afterwards.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »
"I want a pizza and sex."

What a pain.

Very demanding woman and always making you do two things at once. How long will you last before you get worn out?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2015, 08:42:52 PM »
This evening we went to a very interesting presentation at the university concerning the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

There were 4 very knowledgeable people on the panel.

Two professors specializing in Eastern Europe.  Both had spent considerable time on the ground in the area.
One of them had been to Ukraine 14 times including several times working as an official observer during  various elections.  He will be going back later this month to monitor some of the local elections.

One military officer with an extensive background in the various war colleges, etc.

One man fairly high up in the State Department with specialty in Eastern Europe.

What was fairly surprising to me was that none of them minced words.  I expected the State Department guy to use diplomatic words like . . . civil war in Eastern Ukraine with alleged help  from Russia.  But no, he used words . . . Russian invasion of Ukraine . . . Russian violation of various treaties, international standards of conduct, etc.

Interestingly, as was noted by others, the State Department guy spoke strongly for sending weapons to Ukraine . . . while the military guy spoke against and urged political solution.

There was discussion at end, and I asked more questions  than anyone.

I asked if I was correct in thinking that USA has proof from our satellites etc., where missile came from that downed the Malaysia flight . . . and that we were withholding this as a bargaining chip with Russia and wanted to avoid embarrassing Russia.

One of the answers was . . . what makes you think Russian people can be embarrassed at any misdeed they do?

I also asked why we weren't doing more to counter all the false propaganda that Russia was putting out.

The answer was that in our system, the reliance is placed on independent news organizations to do this rather than from our government.

At the beginning of my first question, I noted that I had extensive time on the ground in Ukraine myself . . . and that I had a beautiful Ukrainian wife as a result.  That brought smiles all around.

Afterward, the State Dept guy came up to Ochka and started talking to her in perfect (as she told me later) Ukrainian.  They talked for quite some time.  And later, one of the Professors sought her out to talk also . . . in Russian.  He wants her to come to some other events.

And finally, two Ukrainian nationals came to talk with Ochka.  One was a Professor in biosciences and the other working locally in industry.  They also want us to get together with them and others for social events.

Ochka was fairly glowing as we left and thanked me for pointing out that she was Ukrainian.  Without that . . . she would not have been sought out by those folks.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2015, 10:09:24 PM »
Thanks for that, ML.  Interesting.

I assume the State Department guy is the son of diaspora Ukrainians. 

Interestingly, as was noted by others, the State Department guy spoke strongly for sending weapons to Ukraine . . . while the military guy spoke against and urged political solution.

I assume that is because the military guy has seen conflict.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2015, 08:08:47 AM »
Fortunately they didn't steal your wife at the end!
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
ML,

I am curious if you note a shift in the US diplomatic stance from a year ago.  It seems to me that with Russia ignoring and even confronting US intentions in Syria that slowly the gloves are coming off.

I can tell you that I was talking with a congressional staffer two days ago and she said as much.  She said that the US State Department had specific instructions to treat the Russian nation as belligerents.  I would assume that those instructions came from 1600.

On two other notes and regarding your statement on Russians and misdeeds:

My woman is in Chelyabinsk for a week while I travel.  We got her an apartment through AirBNB.  After paying for the initial stay, our intent was to extend.  The owner said that he was unfamiliar with computers and could we pay him in cash.  I wasn't there, and when N called and asked me what to do, I asked her how we had paid him originally and how he was able to tell me through email to call him at the number we did.  She thought for a moment and I then could hear the conversation in Russia where she read him out. 

He gets paid more in cash because there is no service fee (or commission).  So he was lying to get the additional money.  His response was not even apologetic.

On the second and different note:  I was at a bus station and needed a taxi back to my hotel.  I hopped in the taxi and asked in Russian how much my fare would be.  He stated more than two times the going rate.  I hopped out of the car and told him some not nice things in Russian that my lovely had taught me.  I guess I am losing my patience with this mentality.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »
ML,

I am curious if you note a shift in the US diplomatic stance from a year ago.  It seems to me that with Russia ignoring and even confronting US intentions in Syria that slowly the gloves are coming off.

I can tell you that I was talking with a congressional staffer two days ago and she said as much.  She said that the US State Department had specific instructions to treat the Russian nation as belligerents.  I would assume that those instructions came from 1600.

That status is NOT new. The dragon lady pushed Obama to treat them as so years ago.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline BillyB

« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2015, 09:23:20 PM »
I assume that is because the military guy has seen conflict.

Shouldn't matter if the guy seen conflict. Conflict is always ugly. War should never be the first step in diplomacy. But in the case of Ukraine, it was clear early on diplomacy and sanctions weren't going to stop Russia from regaining control of Ukraine. Somebody has to have the balls to get in their way.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2015, 08:45:07 AM »

Shouldn't matter if the guy seen conflict. Conflict is always ugly. War should never be the first step in diplomacy. But in the case of Ukraine, it was clear early on diplomacy and sanctions weren't going to stop Russia from regaining control of Ukraine. Somebody has to have the balls to get in their way.

That's right. We need leaders who think with their dicks.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline BillyB

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:58 PM »

That's right. We need leaders who think with their dicks.

Balls equal courage. Dicks don't

Offline Muzh

« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »

Balls equal courage. Dicks don't

Heh, what are balls without a dick.  ;)

Besides, you don't see guys comparing the size of their balls, do you?

Offline Noch1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »

Heh, what are balls without a dick.  ;)

Besides, you don't see guys comparing the size of their balls, do you?
Every day, its just all in how you look at it :)
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline ML

« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »
Years ago, I started rolling up a sock and stuffing in front area of my briefs.

Scares a lot of guys and gets approving looks from gals.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
Try a plantain.  ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2015, 08:35:41 PM »
Friends of mine came over for the 4 day weekend.

We took them to university, and in one of the classrooms, they asked Ochka to show some of her calculus class info.

I didn't understand anything, but the husband was an engineer and he understood.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2381
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2370
Total: 2381

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM