It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317486 times)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »
Billy, and others, rotate the pic 90 degrees to right.

No need, I got it right off the bat, LOL
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »
We usually have extra-curricular activity on Thursday mornings because wifey doesn't have to teach courses on that day until mid afternoon.

Tuesday she asked me to look over an exam she had typed to check for spelling errors, etc.  This is standard practice.

I asked her when would I ever get paid for such work.

She replied:  Thursday morning.

Then on Wednesday evening she asked me:

"Will you be ready to cash your check in the morning?"

I had just a momentary puzzled look on my face . . . which she really liked.

And I really liked her humor.  Great Gal !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »
"Will you be ready to cash your check in the morning?"

Well, it's Thursday. Did you check clear or bounce?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »

Well, it's Thursday. Did your check clear or bounce?

Technically it was her check.

I made the deposit without problems.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #429 on: November 23, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »
As most in USA know, retailers have moved toward starting the sales at 6 PM or so on Thursday evening.

Wife and I were out for late afternoon Thanksgiving dinner and then went to WalMart arriving at about 5:45 PM.  Had time to look around a bit and find some items.  A huge number of people clogging most aisles but we managed to get near the printers.

At 6:00 we each grabbed up a HP printer selling for $19.  Ochka kept asking why we needed two when we already have two working ones at the house.  But when I took her over to the print cartridge area and she saw they cost nearly $36, she understood why.  The print cartridges are the same as needed in our existing.  Then I searched out and found another HP selling for $49 compared to its regular price of $99, I bought it also.  Presume it is of higher quality and will replace one of our existing when the time comes.

Also bought a Mr Coffee maker for half price, a 24 piece set of Pyrex bowls for half price and pillows for same deal.

We quickly headed for check out and were able to be one of first out of the store.  Later the check-out lines would be a mile long.

Tomorrow a local farm store is selling chain saws for $99 that normally sell for $169.  I plan to buy two if I can.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #430 on: November 24, 2017, 10:14:34 AM »
Why not buy a laser printer?  Best Buy probably has good Black Friday sales.  They cost more, but print a lot more as well.  I have found them very cost effective.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

« Reply #431 on: November 24, 2017, 02:34:50 PM »
The "cheap" printers have horrific refill prices and very short number of prints -- so prove much more expensive and inconvenient to run.

Maybe ok  to print a page very occasionally --but useless for even modest use.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2017, 04:35:43 PM »
The "cheap" printers have horrific refill prices and very short number of prints -- so prove much more expensive and inconvenient to run.

Maybe ok  to print a page very occasionally --but useless for even modest use.

Especially ones with just a single cartridge, such as Canon Pixma.  Those with individual colour cartridges aren't so bad.  I don't think too many people here actually buy the factory-made ones as replacements, because we can get good to high quality compatible cartridges at a fraction of the price (why pay $35 when you can buy the same thing on-line for $2.75 plus postage)?  The only problem I've encountered is that the chip in a compatible cartridge doesn't always get read properly by the printer, so I get warned that the cartridge is running out of ink when it's actually still two-thirds full.

Offline ML

« Reply #433 on: December 16, 2017, 12:07:04 PM »
Really a big problem here.

I have been under the weather with something (standard cold, allergies and or flu) for 10 days now.

Haven't been up to joint (pun intended) sex in that time span, although I continue to provide wifey with pleasure one or more times each day.

For 8 days, this wasn't a big problem as she was busy with preparing finals, administering finals, grading, (I accumulated up all page totals, test totals and calculated final course percentages), and posting of grades.

Then 2 days ago she said, OK I am now going to take two days to clean the house . . . and then I am going to expect a lot from you . . .

And now I am still not 100% . . . and she is worried that she might be coming down with this stuff.

Plus our anniversary date is fast approaching.

Back in Ukraine, when anything needed fixed, the most common phrase was . . . 'we need to hire a man/woman.'

Offline ML

« Reply #434 on: December 18, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
We only had a couple of good health days . . . then spouse did catch whatever I had.  Very bad sore throat now and up into one ear.  But this stuff usually doesn't last as long for her as it does me.
Hate to see her break-time from university teaching being spent like this though.

True to her Ukrainian heritage, she went out to garden area and cut off some small twigs from our raspberry bushes.  Boiled them in water to make a tea.

I wasn't too anxious to try, but I did and am still alive.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #435 on: December 18, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
I hope you recover soon, but had to laugh about the witches brew that our UA women come up with.  :)
I gave up trying to figure out what Larissa is making for me or to get her to explain why it is supposed to work......just drink the stuff and don't argue about it.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #436 on: December 18, 2017, 01:41:09 PM »
Raspberry leaf is high in Vitamin C.  I don't think you really need it if you are taking Vitamin C in other forms.  Of course, it was used at a time when oranges were uncommon in Ukraine year round, and vitamin tablets were unheard of.

My grandmother used to make a tea that cured colds.  It was made with a specific herb, "polyn.", in Ukrainian, which she gathered in forests.  I think it may be wormwood, but I am not 100% on that, as I am going by the translation.  It was bitter, and I recall when she brewed it when I was ill as a child, I drank it willingly, even eagerly, as I knew that by the next morning, my cold would be gone.

I can still remember the taste of it, and the smell, but I wouldn't try to make it myself.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:51:45 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2017, 11:07:06 AM »
Today is our 3rd wedding anniversary.
However, we have been living together in USA for 6 and half years;
And, we have had some acquaintance for 13 and a half years.

Just changed my profile to show married 3-5 years.

Unfortunately we are both somewhat ill from cold/flu/allergies.
She for 6th day and me for 17th day.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:08:38 AM by ML »

Offline calmissile

« Reply #438 on: December 22, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »
Congrats on your anniversary and wish you many more to come.

Doug, Larissa, Lisa

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #439 on: December 22, 2017, 11:55:35 AM »
Today is our 3rd wedding anniversary.
However, we have been living together in USA for 6 and half years;
And, we have had some acquaintance for 13 and a half years.

Just changed my profile to show married 3-5 years.

Unfortunately we are both somewhat ill from cold/flu/allergies.
She for 6th day and me for 17th day.

Well, hope you both recover to do your 'time-served' proud !

Offline Boethius

« Reply #440 on: December 22, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »
Congratulations ML and Ochka.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #441 on: December 22, 2017, 03:26:18 PM »
Grats ML and Ochka! Don't look at being ill as a curse. Consider it a blessing that you can't go out and celebrate your anniversary since you must stay home and spend time with the finest people of world all at RWD.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #442 on: December 24, 2017, 12:44:29 PM »
Ochka is 'still under the weather' somewhat from the 'common cold' so she is not up to the 12 course tradition for Christmas.

However, she did make cherry filled piroshki and kutia this morning.

We are going to put off our wedding anniversary celebration until after Christmas.  Hope we will both be in top shape in 3 days or so.

Offline ML

« Reply #443 on: December 24, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »
We decided to go out for an afternoon meal at Denny's which is very near.  This was not our anniversary dinner.

Anyway very nice thing that after we ordered, Ochka looked into my eyes and said:  I love you very much and am very happy to be with you.  And her eyes teared up a little.

We never got each other any Christmas presents . . . but who could ask for anything more than this !!!.

Offline ML

« Reply #444 on: December 24, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »
Ochka told me this that she had just heard via Skype from an older lady (early 80s) that she knew back in Ukraine.

This woman has only one grandson whose parents are both deceased so they only have each other.

He 30 now and had dated a girl for many years.  She from very wealthy family (house like a French palace), he just normal guy with masters degree and regular job.

He tall and good looking, she short and skinny with no breasts (this is all from Grandmother).  Grandmother had told Ochka 3-4 years ago she hoped he would 'get a tall girl with big breasts under him' and that then he would drop this gal.  But never happened.

3-4 years ago, the girl's mother asked the Grandmother why the grandson didn't marry her daughter.  Grandmother told that he would never have the money to support her as she was accustomed to.  The Mother and girl said that the money didn't matter and that he should either marry her or let her go.

And the Grandmother became more worried that her Grandson would not have someone to 'care for him' when she had passed away . . . so she told Grandson to get married.  Note:  FSU men do a lot that Mothers and Grandmothers tell them to do . . . more so than AM do.

So they married and now she is pregnant.  And for last year or so the now wife has been complaining about the money and that he should 'earn more.'  She likes  to buy new dresses frequently . . . but dress only will not do.  It must be dress, matching shoes, purse, scarves, etc.  Her Mother tells young man that she will provide money but that 'he must be very grateful for it.'

Train wreck coming and too bad a child will now be involved.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #445 on: December 24, 2017, 11:45:24 PM »
3-4 years ago, the girl's mother asked the Grandmother why the grandson didn't marry her daughter.  Grandmother told that he would never have the money to support her as she was accustomed to.  The Mother and girl said that the money didn't matter and that he should either marry her or let her go.

And the Grandmother became more worried that her Grandson would not have someone to 'care for him' when she had passed away . . . so she told Grandson to get married.  Note:  FSU men do a lot that Mothers and Grandmothers tell them to do . . . more so than AM do.

So they married and now she is pregnant.  And for last year or so the now wife has been complaining about the money and that he should 'earn more.'  She likes  to buy new dresses frequently . . . but dress only will not do.  It must be dress, matching shoes, purse, scarves, etc.  Her Mother tells young man that she will provide money but that 'he must be very grateful for it.'

Train wreck coming and too bad a child will now be involved.

What confuses the heck out of me ML, is if the now pregnant wife is really wealthy, why would she need even more money from her husband? Or is it only her mother who is rich?

I don't see it necessarily as a trainwreck, especially assuming the husband is willing to be a tad more subservient in the household and has good relations with his wife's mother? The wife's family becomes partly provider and husband becomes part-caregiver....a mutually beneficial partnership perhaps?  :popcorn:
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline BillyB

« Reply #446 on: December 25, 2017, 01:02:12 AM »
We decided to go out for an afternoon meal at Denny's which is very near.  This was not our anniversary dinner.

Anyway very nice thing that after we ordered, Ochka looked into my eyes and said:  I love you very much and am very happy to be with you.  And her eyes teared up a little.

That exact thing happened to me and my wife. We went to Denny's for an afternoon me a few days ago.

We never got each other any Christmas presents . . . but who could ask for anything more than this !!!.

An inscription of "I love you" on a Rolex is even better. This Christmas my wife made a book on Shutterfly of containing her favorite photos of me and her together. That was the best present she gave me that wasn't physical in nature.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #447 on: December 25, 2017, 02:15:39 AM »

That exact thing happened to me and my wife. We went to Denny's for an afternoon me a few days ago.

Perhaps you and ML ordered the same dish and there was something in the food that caused the same reaction?  ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #448 on: December 25, 2017, 10:48:18 AM »
What confuses the heck out of me ML, is if the now pregnant wife is really wealthy, why would she need even more money from her husband? Or is it only her mother who is rich?

My wording was 'She from very wealthy family.'

That means the same the world over and  does NOT indicate the 'she or he' yet has any of the wealth.

Offline ML

« Reply #449 on: December 25, 2017, 10:51:23 AM »

Perhaps you and ML ordered the same dish and there was something in the food that caused the same reaction?  ;)

Nice thought Maxx, but in my case I noted 'after we ordered' implying we had not yet eaten anything.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1887
Total: 1898

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM