It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317192 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #500 on: August 24, 2018, 08:28:35 PM »
Today, Ochka wore a traditional Ukrainian shirt to University in honor of Independence Day.

She was pleased that many people commented, and even more pleased that the professors from Poland, Czech and Romania knew what she was celebrating.

She was telling me that Ukrainian traditional clothing was more similar to those countries plus Belarus, than it was to Russian traditional clothing.

I took her out to dinner, and then to a small musical which was horrendous.  We left at intermission.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2018, 09:48:15 PM »

Wife and I watched a video of the celebration in Maidan Square. Trump sent Sec of State John Bolton to be on stage with President Poroshenko and American soldiers marched down Khreshchatyk Street.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #502 on: September 02, 2018, 10:02:54 AM »
Just this morning after we finished Pilates, I remarked to wife (as I often do) . . . nice A$$.

Then I added; where did you get that, at WalMart or Neiman Marcus?

She replied:  "Can only be ordered on Internet from another country.  Too expensive in USA."
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #503 on: September 02, 2018, 10:31:05 AM »
She replied:  "Can only be ordered on Internet from another country.  Too expensive in USA."

She's right. Imported ass is the best.

Just read my last post. Had a brain fart with John Bolton's job title.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #504 on: September 12, 2018, 04:22:22 PM »
Wife's mother called on Skype in a panic.  Because of the coming hurricane, she must come back home to safety in Ukraine until the threat passes.

Telling her that the storm will be 4 hours away at closest point did no good.

Always forest fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, flash floods, hurricanes, etc., in USA.

Offline ML

« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2018, 11:23:10 AM »
You married men, or men in long term relationship with FSUW.

Have you noticed that your gal often doesn't answer the question you asked; but rather answers another somewhat related (or possibly even unrelated) question?

I don't think they are being deliberately antagonistic, but just something in their character causes it.

It is getting a little tiresome for me.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #506 on: November 06, 2018, 02:15:53 PM »
The fact I actually had to try to recall any instances, I cannot honestly say I share the same sentiment, ML. There were times some misunderstanding occurred but those have more to do in the manner I phrased the question which she misunderstood.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #507 on: November 06, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »

Have you noticed that your gal often doesn't answer the question you asked; but rather answers another somewhat related (or possibly even unrelated) question?

I don't think they are being deliberately antagonistic, but just something in their character causes it.

Got to agree with GQB. My wife and I talk all the time. When I'm at the office I can count on her calling on the phone or texting me several times a day about something and I do the same. If I call about what's for dinner or what I need to pick up from the store on my way home I get a detailed answer.

My wife loves lists and will give me a detailed list for stuff to pick up at the store. How many loaves of bread, white or whole wheat, brand, etc.

If we're talking about the kids via text sometimes she will bring about totally unrelated topics such as the her car needs an oil change but that's just her being detailed and the fact that I handle all car related issues even if it's her car. 

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »
I have had business dealings with Russians
being “evasive” when confronted by questioning is a cultural norm, it means they’re being “cautious”

my wife knows what pleases me
and what irritates me

she understands it is very much in her self interest to be pleasing
and not irritating
it is one of the many things I have have taught her

once you teach a UW obedience
then the rest becomes quite easy...
just like raising children, you have to have discipline with your wife as well

if you ever have to yank the chain on a Ukrainian woman
she will just roll over and expose her unprotected underbelly to you in a show of submission
unlike an American woman, who would never be submissive under any circumstance
it's another thing I really like about my wife
a simple, sweet natured woman
who ALWAYS gets what SHE wants
because I ALWAYS get what I want

more quid = more quo

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 05:00:40 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »

My wife doesn't but my sister does. My sister drives me nuts. I've known a few FSU women that answer a question with a question though.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2018, 11:19:48 PM »

With my wife, no.
Completely normal question/answer scenarios, I'd be more likely to not answer directly as I might have not understood the questions exact  phrasing. She often leaves out key details when asking me something, as she thinks I already know what's in her head.lol I think because we both read each other too well,but I do have to ask for details at times when answering. Not if i ask the question though.

If she changes a topic out of the blue,she actually normally states that's shes going to do so, prior to the tangent. Normally in a joking way.
So no, really dont see that at all with her.

Have seen it with others though ,many times, it seems a tad common *over there*

Offline ML

« Reply #511 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »
Yesterday drove by a parcel that I had sold to a small-time builder.
Noticed he was going back and forth from an excavator to a front loader in digging out the basement area.
Went up to talk with him and got the scoop that his helper had not showed.
So I offered to help him.
With some minimal instruction, I was able to operate the front loader.
Spent about 7 hours on the front loader making probably a couple hundred trips.
What a mind numbing, boring job, and I had aches and pains everywhere during evening and night.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #512 on: November 14, 2018, 06:56:13 PM »
A front end loader or a skid steer with a bucket?  A true front end loader isn't so bad, as it has softer tires and a better seat.  A skid steer will beat you up though.

You should have gotten on the excavator.  A lot smoother ride and easy to run.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #513 on: November 14, 2018, 09:26:37 PM »
A front end loader or a skid steer with a bucket? 

Front end loader is a generic term and skid steer falls into that category. If ML used his feet to operate the bucket and hands to get the machine to travel, he was in a skid steer loader. If he used his feet to get the machine to travel and hands to operate the bucket, he was in a track or wheel loader.

What a mind numbing, boring job,

Carving out dirt is a form of artwork.

I had aches and pains everywhere during evening and night.

You can get used to it. Using your body everyday will make you tougher than nails. With experience you'd get better at working the machines. A good operator would've created a smooth surface to travel on so he wouldn't feel every bump and hole while travelling.

Offline msmob

« Reply #514 on: November 14, 2018, 11:30:01 PM »

Two possible scenarios

1/ She understand your question -seems unlikely

2/ She DID understand - but didn't think it important enough to answer - bur as you raised a matter - comes back with something on HER mind ?.....

Why not mention this - with and appropriate smile and wink and answer HER question... and not bother about yours ...

THEN next time she answers you a question - YOU do her 'thang' and just hint that she shoudl know you are being ironic

IF she does it a third time and doesn't take the hint - smile at her and give her just enough time to understand that she is about to be 'punished' ...

After when she is wondering - what was all THAT about ? Explain, you just want her to be as confused as you get ?

Please note that this might back fire - but at least - if she becomes angry - rather than passionate - you can discuss if may be there's a communication / relationship problem ?

Things that 'irritate' when times are good can become MAJOR issues when things are 'bad' - you best to talk 'em trough - if you can ?

I adored my ( nearly ) former wife and 'forgave' some character flaws ( me being being so 'perfect' )  and it is only AFTER being dumped by her - and living with SC - that I appreciate how unreasonable she could be.

ML, you ave posted about shakey times in your relationship in the past and then we noted no mentions disagreements - so we were all pleased for you both.. You are very proud of her and we've seen the way you've posting adoring comments.

I hope you can work it through and laugh about, after ...

Offline ML

« Reply #515 on: November 16, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »
Here is a picture of Case Track Loader like I used.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #516 on: November 16, 2018, 09:44:22 AM »
Holy Loader Batman! You missed the word 'compact' in there ML.  :P I guess that model came before AM/FM radio and cup holder features, no?

Must not be a very deep basement since the buckets looks like a half-a-yard bucket. At 200 trips means you moved 100 CY in 7 hours!!!! I can move dirt faster than that with 2 labors sharing a shovel in 7 hours!

You're fired! BillyB can employ you instead... :P

Seriously though, the newer model do have better ride. These loaders are a multi-functioning equipment doing general chores around farms and such.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline ML

« Reply #517 on: November 16, 2018, 10:13:07 AM »
I said it was 'like' the one I used.  Just found that pic in a quick search on Internet.
The one I used has already been moved out, and a crew is on the property now erecting the panels used to frame up for pouring of concrete basement walls.

And, I didn't have nearly full loads each trip.  There was a lot of rock that was being chipped out and it was hard for me to get it cleaned up and into a load, with my great inexperience.

Just yesterday and this morning I used the same man's small excavator to dig out some small and medium stumps on another of my parcels I will prepare for sale.  That was also a new and exciting experience for me, and I am sure it took me 10X as long to do it as for you and Billy.

But it is something different for me to do (compared to my normal paperwork and computer stuff) while wifey is off to university.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #518 on: November 16, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »
...But it is something different for me to do (compared to my normal paperwork and computer stuff) while wifey is off to university.

Yeah, I know what you mean..

Back during the infancy days of my career, I spent a lot of Saturdays behind D9s/D8s and 651s, 633s, and 637/57s..They weren't for production purposes, but rather more for acclimation of what these various equipment can do. I literally move a pile from one point to another, then over again and start over.

Today, I sit behind computers, make calls, make deals, tell people what to do, sign here/sign there, etc...lazy stuff  :P

The basements we dig are at least 2 acres big (bigger the better), could be one story on down to 5-6 stories down depending on building designs (underground parking, etc.). We use 349 excavators/966 loaders, etc...loading bottom-dumps. Walls are shored with rakers, tiebacks, struts and braces.

Site development grading is a whole different operation. That's when we move mountains or rearrange massive terrain for whatever developmental purposes is planned...

I agree with you - field work is a bunch of fun. Tough, but more fun than sitting in the office all day.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #519 on: November 16, 2018, 10:19:16 PM »
Here is a picture of Case Track Loader like I used.

That's a skid steer loader with tracks.

And, I didn't have nearly full loads each trip.

As you're entering a pile of dirt, lift up the bucket to add weight to the tires or tracks of a loader to get better traction which would allow you to get more in the bucket.

Today, I sit behind computers, make calls, make deals, tell people what to do, sign here/sign there, etc...lazy stuff  :P

I do that too but occasionally go out with the guys. I like working outdoors more than indoors. I soil cemented the sub-grade and graded the capillary break within a half an inch tolerance with the Komatsu 200 excavator I'm taking the photo from below. Although I'm operating equipment less, I haven't forgotten. I want to comb your hair and shave off ML's mustache using an excavator for all your grooming needs. I think I still got the delicate touch.

Offline ML

« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2018, 12:14:34 PM »
Ochka received her ten year Green Card in mail today.

We filed her Citizenship papers last week, and have Biomentrics scheduled for afternoon of 24 December.
Any chance the USCIS workers will be drunk when we arrive ??

Offline BillyB

« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2018, 12:28:10 PM »
Grats. How green is her card?

Offline ML

« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2018, 12:41:52 PM »
Light green color covers about half of front of card.  Also some light red (actually pink), blue and gray-white on front.  Back about 3/4 covered with the light green color.

Offline msmob

« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2018, 12:45:24 PM »
Ochka received her ten year Green Card in mail today.
[/quote]

Great early Christmas 'gift'....Congratulations !

Offline JayH

« Reply #524 on: December 13, 2018, 01:23:56 AM »
  Congrats Ochka -- and of course to ML ! :clapping: ;D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1940
Total: 1949

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM