It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ways men fail by spending money .....  (Read 10281 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Ways men fail by spending money .....
« on: November 30, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »
Here are some ways that men automatically fail at the pursuit of FSU women but come home with empty pocketbooks:

1.  Men try to impress a lady on a PPC or PPL site without ever getting a Skype Address or direct contact.

2.  Men travel to <NAME OF COUNTRY> without having a firm commitment from a woman and no back up plan.  (In my book, a firm commitment means that the woman has agreed to spend quality time with a man, without the presence of the paid - hugely overpaid - interpreter.

3.  Men buy gifts for the woman prior to meeting them or upon first arrival.  (I made this mistake with a gal I met in Kyiv.  She asked me to bring stuff from Victorias Secret for her as it wasn't available in UA at the time.  The gal had no real desire to be with me, but wanted the stuff so she was willing to go out with me for the goodies.)

4.  Man takes woman on a trip.  The trip turns out to be a spending spree where the woman only shows affection upon receiving wonderful gifts.  (This is a pro-dater - many of the gifts are sold back for cash.)

There are many more instances.  Feel free to add to my list.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Ways men fail by spending money .....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »
Guy has arranged firm dates with 20 different women on 20 different days.  But on 20th day, he realizes he will be there for the 21st day and didn't arrange a date.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »
Here are some ways that men automatically fail at the pursuit of FSU women but come home with empty pocketbooks:

Many pros know men think with their little head and use that to their advantage. After the first date, a pro may go to a man's apartment and make out with him. As soon as he drops his pants, she tells him to shower before doing it. Makes sense. What woman would want a dirty pee in her? When he comes out of the bathroom, his pants, wallet, and girl are gone.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »
Guy has arranged firm dates with 20 different women on 20 different days.  But on 20th day, he realizes he will be there for the 21st day and didn't arrange a date.

You are supposed to date the best of the previous 20 on day 21
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GatoMoon

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:12:07 PM »

1.  Men try to impress a lady on a PPC or PPL site without ever getting a Skype Address or direct contact.

2.  Men travel to <NAME OF COUNTRY> without having a firm commitment from a woman and no back up plan.  (In my book, a firm commitment means that the woman has agreed to spend quality time with a man, without the presence of the paid - hugely overpaid - interpreter.

3.  Men buy gifts for the woman prior to meeting them or upon first arrival.  (I made this mistake with a gal I met in Kyiv.  She asked me to bring stuff from Victorias Secret for her as it wasn't available in UA at the time.  The gal had no real desire to be with me, but wanted the stuff so she was willing to go out with me for the goodies.)

4.  Man takes woman on a trip.  The trip turns out to be a spending spree where the woman only shows affection upon receiving wonderful gifts.  (This is a pro-dater - many of the gifts are sold back for cash.)

The woman whom I am going to meet on Friday (hope she will be there).  I asked what she wants for her birthday.  She said that her best birthday gift will be my appearance!   Unlike many others whom I had asked in the past - usual iPad, iPod, mobile phone, whatever.....and therefore I refused to meet these gals
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:14:28 PM by GatoMoon »

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »

Before planning to meet women, I always ask some important questions whether she will pass the test or not.

For example, recently I asked one Colombian woman from Barranquilla what will we do when I arrive there.  She replied:   'We go to shopping.  We go to restaurant.  We go to the beach with my family.  We go to the other city to meet my cousin'      SHE FAILED THE TEST - not only because of being materialistic but also did not mention spending quality time alone with me.

I asked another Colombian girl whether she wanted to meet me at the airport or at the hotel.  Her reply ' Up to you'.   SHE FAILED THE TEST!  Any genuine woman would've said at the airport since she lives near the airport!  (As near as Central Kiev to Borispol Airport)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »

Girl he hasn't met hints around that she needs
A. A new cell phone since her old one was broken, fell in the sea or was eaten by
a bear
B. Help paying for the internet

A serious/good girl might be eating nothing but cabbage but she will be too proud
to tell you about it. A good girl will also refuse to accept things until she's made a
decision about you. If she accepted a lavish gift from a Russian boyfriend then in
general she would be expected to send her knickers flying that evening.

However, once you've met the girl in person and determined she is the real deal
then things are different. You are always expected to pay for everything on a date,
but you are driving the bus. Many men have been dragged to expensive restaurants,
places with high cover charges etc. Make the first date at a cafe, have tea and cake
(if you want to sweeten the deal).

You gotta drive the bus, make your own arrangements. Arrange for your own apartment,
airport pickup and translation. You can't be scammed unless you let somebody scam you!

If a girl complains about meeting at a cafe then KICK HER TO THE CURB!
There are so many good girls with serious intentions, why spend one minute
with a prodater or even a girl who isn't interesting? Don't let a hot girl lead
you around by the nose. Kick them to the curb, once you realize that you
are driving the bus, this whole thing seems easier. You are more confident
and women's panties get wet around a confident man.

Never try to buy them, you aren't saving them, they will be very resentful if they
think you are. They want you to win their hearts they want you to romance them,
they want you to seduce them. If the girl you are with doesn't want those things
then dump her and move on.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »

you are speaking about the <10% of the men in question, right?

me thinks the >90% of the 'other' men in question get exactly what they look for!!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 04:18:01 PM »
you are speaking about the <10% of the men in question, right?

me thinks the >90% of the 'other' men in question get exactly what they look for!!!

Yeah, we aren't here to help the keyboard Romeos or the married men with
fantasies and we aren't here to help the helpless. Most of the 90% who never
get on a plane never find their way here, some do and are lurking out their
right now. There will always be guys who dream about the Prom Queen and
there will always be the guys who chased the prom queen around a hotel room
with her panties on our head.

The guys reading this only need to decide which guy they want to be.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 09:12:48 PM »
GIFTS and RW

This is not about failure but more about giving presents to RW.

I always brought small gifts with me when meeting a RW for the first time.  On my very first trip in 2002 I brought six top-of-the-line  Ralph Lauren  blouses - one for each woman I was meeting.  I had the sizes wrong as every woman was not only slender, they preferred a skintight fit.    Several times, the RW had something for me such as a CD of their favorite music or some crafted item made in their city.

If I spent a few days with a woman and felt like seeing her again, I made a point to buy her something special on our last day together.  I did this for three women -  the best Nokia (it was 2005 so don't laugh),  a leather jacket, and Italian leather boots. 

One should keep in mind that RW's expectations reflect their dating experience with RM.  In other words, they have been trained by RM.   RM are not shy about giving.   In fact, RW have their antennae fully extended looking  for clues to  determine if a man is "greedy."  Being thought of "greedy" is the kiss of death. 

"Greedy"  has little to do with special gifts,  but is dependent upon the manner in which a man makes small purchases, whether  ordering in a restaurant or purchasing her a tee shirt at a resort shop.  They can sense the inner spirit of the man.  They will respect a man who does not waste money in planning trips, yet be careful when it comes to small items for her.  Always suggest the most expensive item on the menu. 

A couple of times I had dates ask me to buy them something.  I knew ahead of time that this was a bad sign, and frankly there was no chemistry between us so good riddance. 

The two women with whom I had an exclusive relationship never asked for anything.  Yet, they were certainly expecting  something  at New Year's and on their birthday.  They were not hesitant to talk once I opened the door to ask  what they would like.  When traveling together, if we passed a shop and saw something exquisite in the window, it usually was worn by her that evening.

My wife was a runway fashion model for 13 years.  Men had chased her from Berlin to Moscow.  She knew quality.  One might say, whoa Gator, this woman is expensive.  A good story:  One glorious afternoon on the Isle of Capri we strolled down the exclusive shopping street.  We entered the Valentino boutique.  Normally the staff in these exclusive shops will snub walk-ins.  A well attired salesman watched my wife examine a table with sweaters, handle the material and hold one up in a mirror.  Evidently he was impressed.  He  approached her  and started conversing in English.  I was wearing boat shoes and perhaps he thought me her accountant. 

She did not say a word, but with a serious face examined the sweater again and then looked at the  price tag.  I recall it was around 1,500 Euros (for a sweater!).  She took one more look at  the sweater, replaced it on the table, stuck her nose up in the air and walked out with a smooth gait as if she owned the whole street. 

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 01:14:08 AM »
Excellent Post Jon, it's very honest and humble to admit the mistakes we ALL make along this journey. Hopeful someone starting out can read these posts and learn from them.  This venture is costly enough without running into the pitfalls we set from not going research/homework.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 10:47:33 AM »
"Greedy"  has little to do with special gifts,  but is dependent upon the manner in which a man makes small purchases, whether  ordering in a restaurant or purchasing her a tee shirt at a resort shop.  They can sense the inner spirit of the man. 

There are a few good girls that will tell the man who's visiting all he needs to bring is himself. Some men make the mistake of bringing only themselves. Gifts have more meaning to the ladies than us men realize. It means we care and are thinking of them. A gift can give a woman a memory for a lifetime and what man doesn't want to give his wife a memory like that? Giving gifts is not only an act that is used by men who buy women, it's an act of a gentleman with good manners. Gentlemen know how to give gifts without giving the impression that he is trying to buy love.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 11:37:05 AM »
Gentlemen know how to give gifts without giving the impression that he is trying to buy love.

But when things go south . . . won't many women throw back in the man's face idea that he was trying to 'buy' her . . . even when he was one of those who knew 'how to give gifts without giving the impression that he is trying to buy love.'
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »
But when things go south . . . won't many women throw back in the man's face idea that he was trying to 'buy' her . . . even when he was one of those who knew 'how to give gifts without giving the impression that he is trying to buy love.'

Strange a woman would accuse a man of buying her love at the end of a relationship, when she gladly accepted everything he gave during the relationship.

I doubt any woman I visited would accused me of buying her love with flowers, boxes of chocolate, and a scenic book of Washington State. It's when a guy goes overboard with the gifts, he will be accused of buying love. A confident man doesn't need to go overboard to catch women. As a relationship progresses, the value and quality of gifts can increase as Gator has said he's done. The key to not being accused of being greedy or buying love is a guy should give the right gifts at the right time as a relationship progresses. 2 carat diamonds on up should be given only after the 2nd date. :)

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »

Strange a woman would accuse a man of buying her love at the end of a relationship, when she gladly accepted everything he gave during the relationship.

I doubt any woman I visited would accused me of buying her love with flowers, boxes of chocolate, and a scenic book of Washington State. It's when a guy goes overboard with the gifts, he will be accused of buying love. A confident man doesn't need to go overboard to catch women. As a relationship progresses, the value and quality of gifts can increase as Gator has said he's done. The key to not being accused of being greedy or buying love is a guy should give the right gifts at the right time as a relationship progresses. 2 carat diamonds on up should be given only after the 2nd date. :)

I was engaged to my ex-Colombian girlfriend.  I love giving her gifts.   Met her 3 times.  She told her friends that I am 'Manero' (cannot remember the spelling, but it means pig in a bad way - it is like buying her for sex).  So much for being generosity.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
She told her friends that I am 'Manero' (cannot remember the spelling, but it means pig in a bad way - it is like buying her for sex).

So.....there was sex? Don't need to be the MANero for that, just be the MAN. :D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »
I was engaged to my ex-Colombian girlfriend.  I love giving her gifts.   Met her 3 times.  She told her friends that I am 'Manero' (cannot remember the spelling, but it means pig in a bad way - it is like buying her for sex).  So much for being generosity.

Latin ladies are somewhat infamous for their fiery nature. I imagine
that she enjoyed getting the gifts and only came up with the pig thing
because the relationship was over.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline jone

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline LAman

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »

Jone, I had never seen a close up pic of you before( I am shocked), thanks for sharing!! ;D

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »
Jone, I had never seen a close up pic of you before( I am shocked), thanks for sharing!! ;D

It's not even his good side.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline jone

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 03:42:11 PM »

Yes, I would like you to know I have an excellent dentist.

Offline LAman

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »
Yes, I would like you to know I have an excellent dentist.

I would have to question your surgeon though!!!! was that the new 'facial treatments' that are popular now?????

Offline jone

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 04:23:04 PM »
You shoulda seen me before.  I looked like a real animal.

Offline ML

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »
Horse walks into a bar.

Bartender:  Why the long face ?

Offline jone

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 11:53:01 PM »
And the bill at the bar arrives.  The skunk says "I don't have a cent.". The doe says "I had a buck last night but I don't have any money now.". The giraffe says "Don't worry.  The highballs are on me."

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2238
Total: 2249

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM