It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi  (Read 84228 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #425 on: December 07, 2020, 02:13:37 AM »

I don't think a lot of governments are honest with the numbers. Reporting bad numbers is political suicide so why do it.

The Georgian English language website used to mention the ages and health conditions of the those that died. They stopped doing that several months ago. Now they are doing much much more testing and finding thousands of new cases every day. In most of the new cases the people barely feel it.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #426 on: December 07, 2020, 02:51:26 AM »
Maxx,

Many people infected are indeed symptomatic..but for those that are not and particularly those recovering in hospital, even much younger folk, catching it can be deadly.

Some folks just do not want to understand..

No govt wants to implement deeply unpopular policies..this is about ensuring the health system can cope.

goldenstone

« Reply #427 on: December 30, 2020, 09:17:46 AM »
Maxx

Last week hospitals in Tbilisi were at full stretch and folks on trolleys or waiting in Ambulances for houre to be seen .

THAT is why what you deem 'unfair' is happening.

The govt is trying to stop COVID-19  rendering the  health service unable to cope..

Did you see that for yourself or has this just been reported by the "quality" media outlets?
I know of places where this hysteria is a non-event. It does not justify to kill the small businesses for some flu.

Now they run the train with the more tests the more cases you have due to false positive.

It becomes all so predictable and easy to understand once you follow several countries all doing the same. Maybe soon they run the new mutation stories there as well.

I hope Max you will be ok with your restaurant. I wish you best of luck.
Sadly Georgia is playing most probably what the eu is demanding, which sadly eliminates this as a valid option for living.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:21:25 AM by goldenstone »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #428 on: January 31, 2021, 09:05:29 PM »

So how bad for Georgia has been this covid-19 crisis? BTW how Georgia is maybe is how it is where you are?

I just found these charts. 12.8 deaths in 2019 is per 1,000 people and 12.7 deaths per 1,000 people is for 2020. So the annual death rate in Georgia dropped during this pandemic.  ::)

http://knoema.com/atlas/Georgia/Death-rate

http://georgiatoday.ge/news/23741/Up-to-130-Restaurants-to-Declare-Boycott%2C-Shut-Down-Delivery-Service--

"On Saturday, at 15:00, we will join a peaceful protest in front of the Government Chancellery.
"We hope that the population will understand our move, which is caused by extreme despair," reads the statement.
Presently, the following restaurants join the boycott:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:17:32 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline hbomb

« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2021, 08:52:45 PM »
Maxx,

Food looks great! Wish you luck opening during Covid.

In Stockholm, there were no good Mexican places, and just a poor TacoBell knock-off chain. But a few years back, a tiny taco place opened near my work. Then a year or two later they opened another bigger place just across the street from my apartment. They now have 6 taqueria locations.

www.laneta.se

Since you're starting out, keep the menu simple. Just a few items, and do them well! (Just my 2 cents)

Just had Georgian for the first time this weekend at Skalka in Seattle. Maybe BillyB knows it?

-hbomb

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #430 on: March 03, 2021, 11:54:53 PM »
Just had Georgian for the first time this weekend at Skalka in Seattle. Maybe BillyB knows it?

I know it now thanks to you. I checked their website and learned they opened in late 2019. I didn't eat out much in 2020 and certainly not in Seattle with riots happening. Years ago a lady I dated took me out to a Georgian restaurant in Kiev. It was one of the best meals I've ever eaten and although I'm not a fan of wine, the Georgian wine was the best wine I've ever drank. I'll pay Skalka a visit in the near future.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #431 on: March 04, 2021, 06:22:06 AM »
Went to Georgian restaurant in Odesa years ago.
Biggest rip off ever in terms of high price, small amount of food, and not good tasting.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #432 on: March 04, 2021, 10:30:45 AM »
Went to Georgian restaurant in Odesa years ago.
Biggest rip off ever in terms of high price, small amount of food, and not good tasting.

A lot of expats here, when they decide to be honest, complain about Georgian food. I like their Khachapuri (cottage cheese bread) and their lobio (beans) but not much else. Missing good ol' American food is what drove me to open a restaurant.

Got a new worker. She is Iranian. She has an MBA. She likes her work. 38 years old. Nice, mature, pleasant person.

As of last Monday indoor seating is allowed. We are shooting for an early April opening. I'm hoping tourists from other countries after feeling cooped up for the past year will want to live life again. Tourist season officially opens in May.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #433 on: March 04, 2021, 10:36:45 AM »
Maxx,

Since you're starting out, keep the menu simple. Just a few items, and do them well! (Just my 2 cents)

-hbomb

Thanks hbomb! It is my plan. I'm doing a Chipotle type restaurant. We are learning as we go.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #434 on: March 04, 2021, 10:51:46 AM »

$15.15 to make 7.5 pounds of beef meat for tacos, burritos et cetera. The scale had the stainless steel pan zeroed out.

Offline hbomb

« Reply #435 on: March 04, 2021, 10:49:00 PM »
Looks good Maxx!

With La Neta, the big thing is the salsa bar. It's just 4 salsas, with pretty decent heat, and cilantro and diced onion. Then simple tacos.

With the Georgian food I just tried, I was surprised by the heat of the ajika to be honest. In Russia, I can't recall anything with any amount of heat with it. Just dill, mayo, smetana! Didn't try the Georgian wine, but was able to grab a Russkie and Czech piva. But the Kinkhali and Adjaruli were both good.

So I'd expect the locals to enjoy some good Mexican food with with the hot salsas.

Good luck with the opening!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #436 on: March 05, 2021, 12:03:32 AM »

This is the refrigerated cold unit. The bigger tray is for the lettuce. One of the small trays is for the diced black olives. The rest are for salsa, corn salsa, cheese, pika de Gallo and so on. There are nice LED lights that go around the two units.

This is the hot unit. It is dry and not with water. The large trays will have beef, chicken, Mexican rice, beans, Mexican potatoes. The medium size trays will have a vegetarian mix, Chipotle style vegetables, white rice with cilantro and other things that need to be kept warm.

Yesterday the woman on the left invited me to her friend at the right's 25th birthday party. The woman on the left is my new employee, Sam. The woman at the bottom of the photo Eto, is an accountant who will probably be doing my books.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:34:37 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #437 on: March 05, 2021, 12:38:38 AM »
Looks good Maxx!

Good luck with the opening!

Thanks hbomb. It really is a lot of fun. Like I have said before. It beats living in a trailer in East Texas and having Friday night bingo at the senior center to look forward too.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #438 on: March 05, 2021, 01:08:29 AM »

The ladies of the party.

Alex is a new friend. He is from a Caribbean nation. I don't know which one. They are recently married.

Alex goes to the same church I go to. The paster Matt and his wife Rebekah are from Australia. The services are in English and Russian.

Sam and I made "Mexican lasagna" where the pasta is substituted with tortillas. Very tasty! The salad was made by my Russian friend Nadia. This we served after the church service.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 01:30:42 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #439 on: March 08, 2021, 06:25:13 AM »

Mexican pizza

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #440 on: March 08, 2021, 07:37:03 AM »
Looks great . If it wprks you can open a branch in my area, somehow Mexican food has not made it yet to the South Netherlands.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #441 on: March 08, 2021, 11:42:13 PM »

Mexican pizza

I like the idea of your restaurant having a picture menu of all the dishes with hot women smiling behind them.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #442 on: March 09, 2021, 05:03:26 AM »

I like the idea of your restaurant having a picture menu of all the dishes with hot women smiling behind them.

Not a good idea to make comments on the appearance of my employees. My Russian woman friend suggested I make Sam above the face of my restaurant.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #443 on: March 09, 2021, 05:09:30 AM »
Looks great . If it wprks you can open a branch in my area, somehow Mexican food has not made it yet to the South Netherlands.

Shadow, if you get to Batumi someday I would love to serve you a meal. Georgia desperately needs tourism but the government put in a lot of rules that makes it unprofitable. As example the curfew from 9 PM to 5 AM. They seem to like that one and the mask mandate when going outside. The restaurants and particularly the bars are suffering big time. I just heard today not a lifting of regulation but imposing a new one. Live music is restricted until April 1st.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #444 on: March 10, 2021, 01:50:53 AM »

The young women in red is a Indian student studying to be a doctor. She has 3 more years to go. Sam, the woman in black is an Iranian with a MBA. Very capable and steady. Likes cooking and helping me develop this business. We will probably open the business when the curfew is raised or lifted.

Offline Maxx2

Offline BillyB

« Reply #446 on: April 22, 2021, 11:50:14 PM »

If any of you have a hard time breathing behind masks, especially after it gets oversaturated with moisture, get one of these. I've seen a few people wear them.

Transparent Reusable Fabric Breathable Face Mask Mouth protection Mesh masks | eBay

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #447 on: April 23, 2021, 02:33:27 AM »
From Greg Hunter

"Face masks to fight CV19 don’t work.  Don’t take my word for it.  This is according to a new study by Stanford University and released by the National Institute for Health (NIH).  Not only do face masks not work to stop the spread of the virus, but wearing face masks can also cause health problems, and in some cases, even death according to the Stanford study.  This is yet another Covid lie perpetrated on the public for more than a year.  You can add it to the list of Covid lies to scare and control the public."

Offline ML

« Reply #448 on: April 23, 2021, 08:24:55 AM »
Yes, the national health leaders under both Donald and now Joe are asking people to wear masks because they want to kill off a large number of people.

Or at least make them sick so that they will go to hospital to help fill up empty beds.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #449 on: April 23, 2021, 10:05:56 AM »
"Face masks to fight CV19 don’t work.

It depends on how we define "work". The masks will stop many water droplets that viruses ride on but it won't stop all. Also we are not taught to remove our contaminated masks carefully and disinfect our hands after. Many of us may remove the mask, get contamination on our hands and later wipe our eyes, nose or mouth.

Imagine if COVID19 had a 100% death rate, you're locked in a sealed room with a guy showing symptoms of COVID. You stay on the opposite side of the room to social distance. You each have a mask but neither of you are wearing it. Would you be okay with that? Would you want one person to wear a mask or would you want you both to wear a mask? Regardless of the studies out there, I think most people will want everyone in the room to wear a mask. It may not work 100% but if it was even 10% efficient, it's better than nothing.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1950
Total: 1959

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM