It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How soon for second K1?  (Read 2992 times)

Offline EasternSun

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
How soon for second K1?
« on: September 09, 2015, 10:41:28 AM »
I know many of you will lambaste me for even bringing this up when I am just getting divorced (should be officially divorced in less than a month), but my wife will be gone on the 22nd, and I already know I will never marry an American woman, so I know I will have to go through the horrible K1 process eventually.  I am just wondering if they will give me a hard time considering everything that has happened and is there a time period they would want me to wait before doing another K1?  If you have too many K1's do they blacklist you?  I guess I could go the K3 route, but that seems more involved. 

The other issue is we had applied for the AOS nearly a year ago, and we had to request a reschedule due to her being out of the country, but never got another interview date.  So she never went to the AOS interview.  I am wondering what I have to tell the immigration service, if anything, about us getting divorced and her returning home?  Or should she call, since they really wouldn't talk to me the last time I called? 

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How soon for second K1?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 10:56:28 AM »
If you file for second K-1, there are two additional required documents you must file compared to first K-1.

1) Results of a complete psychiatric evaluation.

2) Sheets of paper where you have written 100 times:
"I realize I should know better."
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline EasternSun

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 11:24:54 AM »
If you file for second K-1, there are two additional required documents you must file compared to first K-1.

1) Results of a complete psychiatric evaluation.

2) Sheets of paper where you have written 100 times:
"I realize I should know better."

Haha!!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:23:15 PM »
is there a time period they would want me to wait before doing another K1?  If you have too many K1's do they blacklist you?

Due to laws written by feminists a few years ago which made things more complicated, you're allowed 2 k-1's in your lifetime and the k1's must be 2 years apart when filing. Fortunately there are waivers that can speed things up so you don't have to wait 2 years and waivers that allow you to do unlimited k-1's in your lifetime.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline EasternSun

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 06:27:00 AM »

Due to laws written by feminists a few years ago which made things more complicated, you're allowed 2 k-1's in your lifetime and the k1's must be 2 years apart when filing. Fortunately there are waivers that can speed things up so you don't have to wait 2 years and waivers that allow you to do unlimited k-1's in your lifetime.
What about this CR1 thing I've been hearing about? How is that different from the K3?  I would go that route, but it seems really complicated to get married in Russia.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:58:19 AM »
You have no control over your wife's adjustment of status. Most likely, she will get her green card if she wants it.

K-3/K-4 visas are obsolete, and have been for years already. CR-1/CR-2 are processed sooner under the revised system.

There are threads about getting married in Russia.

Offline EasternSun

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 08:23:18 AM »
You have no control over your wife's adjustment of status. Most likely, she will get her green card if she wants it.

K-3/K-4 visas are obsolete, and have been for years already. CR-1/CR-2 are processed sooner under the revised system.

There are threads about getting married in Russia.
My wife won't be getting the AOS since she is leaving in 2 weeks.  I called the immigration service and they said to just write a letter withdrawing the application.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
How soon for second K1?
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 10:19:20 AM »
I know many of you will lambaste me for even bringing this up when I am just getting divorced (should be officially divorced in less than a month)

Don't do things to make the peanut gallery here happy. Nobody here knows you and nobody
knows more about your situation and what's in your head better than you do.

HOWEVER, wait until she is on the plane before you do anything. It sounds as if your future
exwife doesn't want a pound of flesh from you, but believe me she can be persuaded to
change her mind (by you). Make sure as far as she knows that you will be attending a school
for monks, hermits and celebates.

Only you will know when you get your emotional life in order. None of the yahoo's here can
tell you. Will you need a rebound fling? It might be a good idea to get your sheets sweaty
with a girl who is too young and all wrong for you and stay locked a room with her until
you are both nearly starving. Do you need to get the idea out of your system? You are the
only one who can determine that.

How soon for the second K1? that's probably a bad title for the thread, but I highly, highly
recommend that you take a bit of time and make a detailed list of what you want to do, who
you want to spend the rest of your life with and to go over the various mistakes that you've
made in the past. Make a list of all the things you want in a girl and what things you could
live with and what things you can't.

Make a list of things you would like to improve about yourself. Do you need to start hitting
the gym? learn some Russian? something else? put it down on the list.

Once you have all that information out of your head and on paper, only then you can you
start to make a plan about how to find the right girl.

My next piece of advice is when you find the right girl, you want to get to know everything
about her and you want to be absolutely sure she loves, loves, loves you. You've spent
time with a woman who didn't love you so DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!

You want a girl who's eyes light when she sees you, who misses you when you are gone.
You want a girl who dreams about waking up in your bed every day for the rest of her life.
You want who a girl who wants to grow old with you, bear your children, wash and iron
your shirts and thinks about you night and day and you need to feel the same way about
her.

Anything or anyone else is not worth it.

I spent years searching for the right woman, but I can't tell you in words how good
it feels and how happy I am with her in my life

Udachi!

Bill

PS. I visited my wife 4 times in her city and she came to visit me twice before we got
married.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:24:44 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 10:46:46 AM »
You want a girl who's eyes light when she sees you, who misses you when you are gone.

This rang a bell with me, and was one of the tipping points that made me think that Ochka really liked me.

Men and women can often fake this 'liking' when they are face to face.  But they have no reason to fake it when they are not face to face.

So the situation was:

We had arranged to meet outside an open air restaurant at such and such a time.

I was there 5 minutes or so early.  I knew which direction she would be coming from.

I stood in the shade beside a tree in a direction that she would not be looking at.

I saw her approaching, walking at a fast clip.  She had a look of excitement and anticipation on her face.  She was quickly looking all around at the entrance area wondering WTF I was.  It was not a look of being peeeed off, it was a look of 'OMG maybe he won't be here.'  She walked a bit into the outdoor seating still looking around with anticipation.

I then walked up to her, and a huge sign of relief passed over her face turning to a monster smile.

I know then, she for sure wasn't faking her liking of me when we were together.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 11:11:11 AM »
Don't do things to make the peanut gallery here happy. Nobody here knows you and nobody
knows more about your situation and what's in your head better than you do.

HOWEVER, wait until she is on the plane before you do anything. It sounds as if your future
exwife doesn't want a pound of flesh from you, but believe me she can be persuaded to
change her mind (by you). Make sure as far as she knows that you will be attending a school
for monks, hermits and celebates.

Only you will know when you get your emotional life in order. None of the yahoo's here can
tell you.
Will you need a rebound fling? It might be a good idea to get your sheets sweaty
with a girl who is too young and all wrong for you and stay locked a room with her until
you are both nearly starving. Do you need to get the idea out of your system? You are the
only one who can determine that.

How soon for the second K1? that's probably a bad title for the thread, but I highly, highly
recommend that you take a bit of time and make a detailed list of what you want to do, who
you want to spend the rest of your life with and to go over the various mistakes that you've
made in the past. Make a list of all the things you want in a girl and what things you could
live with and what things you can't.

Make a list of things you would like to improve about yourself. Do you need to start hitting
the gym? learn some Russian? something else? put it down on the list.

Once you have all that information out of your head and on paper, only then you can you
start to make a plan about how to find the right girl.

My next piece of advice is when you find the right girl, you want to get to know everything
about her and you want to be absolutely sure she loves, loves, loves you. You've spent
time with a woman who didn't love you so DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!

You want a girl who dreams about waking up in your bed every day for the rest of her life.
You want who a girl who wants to grow old with you, bear your children, wash and iron
your shirts and thinks about you night and day and you need to feel the same way about
her.

Anything or anyone else is not worth it.

I spent years searching for the right woman, but I can't tell you in words how good
it feels and how happy I am with her in my life

Udachi!

Bill

PS. I visited my wife 4 times in her city and she came to visit me twice before we got
married.

Forgive me Bill, but what you said in bold......about no yahoo's here can tell you how to get your emotional life in order....then proceed to 'give good ideas' and 'recommend' and 'advise' the OP what to do now. Am I missing something???
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
How soon for second K1?
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 11:27:05 AM »
Forgive me Bill, but what you said in bold......about no yahoo's here can tell you how to get your emotional life in order....then proceed to 'give good ideas' and 'recommend' and 'advise' the OP what to do now. Am I missing something???

I said nobody can tell him when he will have his sh!t together and in one sock.
It could take a day or could take years.

I didn't say none of us yahoos can give advice. I will add that my advice is worth only
slightly more than what he is paying for it (it's free advice).
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2024, 05:19:02 PM »
I know many of you will lambaste me for even bringing this up when I am just getting divorced (should be officially divorced in less than a month), but my wife will be gone on the 22nd, and I already know I will never marry an American woman, so I know I will have to go through the
horrible K1 process eventually.

You should not even consider it unless you can write a list with 200 things which you screwed
up/overlooked/rushed last time with a plan of action to do better next time.

Make the list, it will be therapeutic and hopefully your next search will be better.

I know that this is an old dead thread, but it would be interesting to know how many
days that the couple spent together face to face before getting married.

To the newbies reading this. When you are talking to a woman before marriage
you should be able to list 100 pet peeves that irritate your future wife and you
should be able to woken up from a drunken stupor and list at least 15.

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541504
Total Topics: 20866
Most Online Today: 1771
Most Online Ever: 12701